SPL X - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into the auction - we've seen a lot of RU + UU players alike be advertised but no one has advertised the NU scene - so i'll give my 2 cents on the matter before auction day!

Realistic waters - I'm so glad rw decided to sign up because he is quite possibly my favourite person on this site. Working with him through snake started a bit bumpy, but it transitioned into a great team where he played very well. 5-4 for his record, but i'd say he is top 3 NU on this site. Estimated worth around 8-10k.

Snou - After working with him through nupl and seeing his success in nul - he has a lot of creativity in his nu builds and it's why i drafted him in nupl (showcasing his 7-2 record btw!) He can pilot his teams very well and has a knack of getting great match ups in bo1 setting. Definitely a top player to be drafted. estimated worth 5k

Eternally - Obviously he's going to get drafted after an 8-2 record in snake - just reiterating that he is indeed a great player and on fire. I'm sure last snake he felt out of the loop on the scooters as the team didn't gel very well which lead to a lack of motivation - but with his form picking up i'd expect a solid 5-4 at worst from him. Estimated price between 12-15k after his snake record.

Ren-chon - A darkhorse in the nu scene who may be on tilt at the moment - but one of the better players around. when he came back around - he played extremely well in nupl and did himself a great service. He lacks the tournament representation but he is definitely one of the better nu player builders around - a 3k player who may surprise everyone with a 5-4 or 6-3 record imo.

elodin - elodin was the other guy i wanted during snake but was stolen from me and happened to get a trophy lmao. Really solid player and needs building help, but a great asset to a team through his diversity in tiers. Estimated worth 10k

Garay oak - this guy showed himself in the ubers scene, now has the opportunity to do it in the NU scene. Great pickup for any team as he tests and builds non-stop throughout the day and will definitely provide a great support slot, or even transition onto being a starter as displayed by his 6-3 record in ubers during snake. estimated worth - 5k

Cased - now you guys may be thinking he will make a great NU signup... but he is largely out of the NU loop. It doesn't mean he wouldn't pick it up though and could easily go through a few weeks of being hard af to scout for since he has barely played all year. I'd recommend starting him in other slots and not buying him for NU - though he would probably still go positive with his creativity.

Osh - this man beat me in NU playoffs - he won nu slam - he plays extremely well and cannot say enough good things about him. The NU competition is stacked this year, but this man will be competing for top record despite 0 team tour experience. My only concern would be his building - hence would need support from Sanjay or another nu builder - but one of the best players on this site as of right now. Estimated worth 8-10k as he has no team tour experience.

Hootie - Now i'm not sure about hootie coming into this spl. He sorta went off the radar after last spl and i haven't seen or heard from him but i know he is still largely around the community... He may be worth the risk as demonstrated by the way he turned up in snake 1 by winning 4 in a row, but could still end with a negative record. estimated worth 3-5k

Flcl - he is one of the best players on this site - but records speak for themselves when he doesn't live up to expectation in nu in official tours after his snake performance. Would personally put him in another tier such as oras / bw, heck even UU - though he would still do well in nu - i think he would do better in another tier. estimated worth 20-25k

Exiline - he made some good runs during seasonals this year and did okay in snake with his record so has some official tour experience - though i'm not entirely sure he is ready for a starting spot in spl. The competition is stiff this year, but i would say he is on the cusp of top 10 players atm, potential 3k pick

Sjneider - after reaching finals of nu open - he certainly knows his way around the tier but would seriously lack in the team building department. Evidence being his team vs me in nu playoffs where every mon on his team was outsped by specs magmortar... with that being said - he did beat me in nu open semis and can certainly turn up when needed. He does need team building support imo but a solid player. estimated worth 3-5k

Pohjis - What a year pohjis has had. Potentially the most consistent player on this site. NU playoff finals, won ru playoffs, nu open finals, grand slam semi-finals, solid record last spl - need i go on? In the discussion for top 1 nu player definitely. Estimated worth 15-20k

Rodri - this man has gone under the radar since last spl but definitely is one of the best players on this site and is definitely going to be one of the most sought after players this spl. Needs building help imo but would definitely be one of the contenders for best nu record. Estimated worth 8-10k

Definitely think this covers the NU playerbase already - though not sure if lax or kushalos will play NU this SPL - there's definitely a huge amount of talent on show right now. Would be surprised if someone outside of these players was picked up to play nu with the exclusion of ict / finch / lycans who play almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)