SPL XII - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not comfortable making these kind of posts, but wutevz.

I don't know what's the issue with Moute that you seriously need to go and bully the guy. I get it, he's not the most exemplary user and he's certainly done some bad stuff that led to some punishments, but that doesn't mean that you should go out of your way to bully the guy. And before you come at me trying to downplay the whole situation and argue that 'everyone gets haha reacted. i don't see how that would be bullying', I am aware that haha reacting to someone posts is in no way bullying or harassment, but coordinating to raid his posts with reactions and right afterwards make fun of him, even though he asked you to stop, is another story altogether.

Some of you really need to grow from such a childish and petty behavior. I seriously don't see how targetting someone because they make bad posts is even remotely okay. People (myself included) might give be upset about him saying a homophobic slur, but do you guys feel that after this you're any better? lol

Seriously, if you really need to vent through haha reacting go ahead and look up any of my 2015-2016 posts and react to those and leave the guy alone.
I do feel better ty for asking :3

Spl4sh

Banned deucer.
Hey, so I'm just going to keep this simple and brief. Don't bother Hydreigon Specs anymore, either through replying "-hs" on his posts or elsewhere like on Discord/whatever other platform. Just leave him alone and be on your way. I know you're all most likely not equally involved or that there might be others that I didn't include here, but the message stays the same. This will be the only and final warning. If I see this behavior continuing I'll infract those involved and disable the ability to react to posts. Feel free to respond to this if you want or not, doesn't really matter.

Also, i wanna congratulate my brazilian comrades for their pioneering spirit. Ive seen people getting banned by being racist. Ive seen people getting banned by posting degenerate ice creams. Ive even seen people getting banned by clicking triple axel instead of clicking a 100% acc move in a corona premier league, too, but never, ever imagined id see anyone losing their ability to use the like button. It was great, original and a milestone in this one decade. Love you guys.
Not sure what else is going on in this thread but you clearly haven’t been around that long, I was way ahead of the curve here

Also, i wanna congratulate my brazilian comrades for their pioneering spirit. Ive seen people getting banned by being racist. Ive seen people getting banned by posting degenerate ice creams. Ive even seen people getting banned by clicking triple axel instead of clicking a 100% acc move in a corona premier league, too, but never, ever imagined id see anyone losing their ability to use the like button. It was great, original and a milestone in this one decade. Love you guys.

que saco mano

ThirdStrongestMole

Banned deucer.
I can't believe how many enthralling arcs this thread has had in just a bit over a week. Plot twists, character development, central antagonists. I'm thinking about unsubscribing from netflix if I'll keep getting to lurk and experience these kinds of rich plots here.

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Please try your best to be nice, everyone. Nobody's perfect, myself certainly included, but hearing about the efforts to target Moutemoute makes me sad. Lots of people look forward to this tour all year long. This has been an exceptionally trying year for so many, so let's not make it any worse for people who may be seeking an escape here on PS/Smogon.

Mock 3:

Mock3_SPL12.png

Lineups:

SS Xray
SS FlamingVictini
SS bugzinator
SM Corazan
ORAS Steve Angello
BW Soulwind
DPP Mael
ADV thelinearcurve
GSC Melle2402
RBY Heroic Troller

Isza,Windsong,Raichy,hayburner

SS OU: Watashi
SS OU: 1 True Lycan
SS OU: Gefährlicher Random
SM OU: Eternal Spirit
ORAS OU: Luigi
BW OU: Bushtush
DPP OU: Vay
ADV OU: Hclat
GSC OU: Zokuru
RBY OU: Nails

Subs: Relous, Frania, Rinnegan, Omfuga

ss ou: mncmt
ss ou: christo
ss ou: luthier/robjr
sm: empo
oras: poek
bw: malekith
dpp: nip en spl
adv: golden sun
gsc: idiotfrommars
rby: sadisticnarwhal

subs: false, vulpix03, hyogafodex, robjr/luthier

SS: Beatiful
SS: Will of Fire
SS: Bloody Alfa
SM: Zomog
ORAS: Santu
BW: Finchinator
DPP: BIHI
ADV: Roystopror
GSC: Zilo
RBY: Ranshiin

Subs: TPP, Electricity Cat, Lets in the Sun, Hellpowna

SS Bro fist
SS Star
SS Eeveeto
SM Sagiri
ORAS Jonfilch
BW Caetano
DPP Krystil
ADV Tamahome
GSC BlazingDark
RBY EB0LA

SUBS
The subs

rip jacob

ss lax
ss insult
ss 100percentpureheat
sm sabella
oras adri
bw sugarhigh
dpp august
adv eden
gsc abr
rby metal

IPF Leo storm zone texas cloverlead

sorry, Alice pmd me the lineup on stours and I dcd so I couldn't bookmark it as a paste

SS: Garay Oak
SS: Talah
SS: Quaze
SM: Gondra
ORAS: Dragon Claw
BW: Jimmy Turtwig
DPP: Emeral
ADV: Fakes
GSC: Mr.378
RBY: Genesis7

Subs: Aurella, Separation, Lusa, Altina, Endill, Teclis, egalvanc

SS FMG, Tace, Chaitanya
SM Frisoeva
ORAS CBB
BW Luckoverskill
DPP ToF
ADV McMeghan
GSC oibaf
RBY Rozes

Subs starry blanket, meru, samqian, jordy

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Please try your best to be nice, everyone. Nobody's perfect, myself certainly included, but hearing about the efforts to target Moutemoute makes me sad. Lots of people look forward to this tour all year long. This has been an exceptionally trying year for so many, so let's not make it any worse for people who may be seeking an escape here on PS/Smogon.
Im unbiased about this (maybe even a little biased in Moute’s favor to get that mod recommendation :psysly: ) but if people wanted to put “effort” into targetting Moute then they would do more than just agreeing to group react to his post LOL I’m all for being nice to everyone but are REACTIONS really something to make a big deal about

Reading all the drama that happens during tournaments is sort of the only reason I login to Smogon outside of watching all the good battles that get posted here. I don’t totally understand how reactions work on this site and if they have a positive or negative impact on your account, like with Reddit. Why are people asking others to stop cyber-bullying as if that will have any effect on the people doing it? Why can’t someone who moderates this forum just temporarily/permanently disable or remove the ‘haha’ reaction? Why can’t you simply ban users that are taking serious actions to cyber-bully others rather than condoning the use of a reaction emote? If cyber-bullying continues in messages then you can more easily moderate these cases as they would be against site policy. Heck you could even ramp up moderation for the time being if it’s that bad. I feel like the solution is staring you in the face; instead you are trying to reason to people who have nothing to lose from harassing and trolling others. Certainly if much, much larger forums and websites can reasonably handle situations of harassment and bullying then Smogon can more than reasonably handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)