Suspect SS BH Suspect Test #2: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
A10AEEF8-02CE-4E3F-BC31-517B51AE0DD7.jpeg
Sorry If you were expecting a shitpost, have my love and support instead.

I tried using a quiver dance baton pass team for reqs and it worked ok, but the team needs more thought into it and I realized the strategy was kinda gimmicky at the end. One thing I got out of it though was that Primarina is pretty good. Maybe it could be an actual threat on its own with moonblast instead of baton pass.

I am currently no-ban for those guys that like to count votes early. The reason is I simply don’t see how it is broken or uncompetitive enough to warrant a ban. I’ve personally seen much more situations where dynamax rewarded the skilled player for using it appropriately, rather than it causing 50/50s that decided the game.

More importantly, comment “meow” on my profile if my bot Agent Nanu has helped you achieve reqs :)

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Confirming as MAX Lockdown yes e: good image

I will provably vote DNB. I don't feel that Dynamax is really overpowered, sweeping with it is much more difficult than in others tiers, with unrestricted EV, Imposter, Prankster Haze and more around. On the other hand, it can really help in some matchups like Kyurem-W. tl;dr Dynamax is provably a fine addition in the tier so far.

(Agent Nanu lol)

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Banned deucer.

Earning reqs was a bit of a tiltfest and was genuinely unenjoyable due to time crunch. I only learned of the Suspect Test after loser posted a reminder about it, which I scrambled to get reqs before time ran out. Multiple times I was one game away from reqs only to end up losing at the last match before reqs were obtained. I would've made an attempt at better ELO/winrate but there's only so much time left. I'm playing things safe here.

Given funbot gave the greenlight I'm going to give my thoughts here. I genuinely do not feel like Dynamax is banworthy. This is something I feel we should not have tackled until later on, and I hope that should this become a problem down the line a re-test isn't out of the question. Under the current circumstances I do not believe Dynamax should be banned and that will reflect my vote. Why?
  1. Dynamax rarely has significant impact unless the matchup is in the player's favor. Using Dynamax to try and break something usually will not work due to mons overall being bulkier. Good Dynamax usage helps you get momentum and a temporary advantage, but it almost never wins you the game outright.
  2. The side effects of Max Moves aren't that impactful. They just aren't. Weathers and terrains are cool I guess but mostly gimmicky unless you have a team explicitly built around them. Except weather/terrain teams aren't really used.
  3. The best Max Moves that people have issue with in other tiers aren't even used (Poison [No, Eternatus does not run that STAB] and Flying). Building up boosts and sweeping is not a thing in BH at all, and those who attempt to try that are usually checked by Spectral Thief or Haze. Not to mention a maximum of 3 boosts is going to have little impact, when people can Shift Gear and have that many boosts in a single turn, or Shell Smash and double that. When setting up, it isn't the boosts that matter, it's the amount of them that do.
  4. Anything that lets Dragapult be a non-presence is a good thing in my book. Let the poor man rest in peace. In all seriousness, while it can be argued Dynamax bypassing some disabling mechanics is overpowered, I would not make a blanket statement for every single perk. While bypassing choice lock is what most people find questionable, I argue stuff like blocking Entrainment, Dragon Tail, and Encore can offer counterplay to various stupid/trolly sets which a lot of players on ladder regularly go up against. I don't believe Dynamax is a totally detrimental mechanic, and some perks can even be somewhat beneficial to low and mid ladder. Anything that reduces the amount of low quality garbage you see in everyday matches is a win for everyone.
  5. Dynamax is usually unused in most games, being relegated to a last resort in most ladder matches based on my experience. If you're at the point where you're on your last mon or two and your opponent has momentum, Dynamax will almost never turn the tides.
I'll be voting No Ban unless someone brings up a good reason for Dynamax to be banned in this meta that I can agree with. It already wasn't that big of an issue compared to other metagames, and I don't think anything in the meta has changed enough to actually warrant a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)