Project SS Monotype Community-Create-A-Team

Week 6 of CCAT is now over, and it was our biggest turnout ever!
:heracross::scizor-mega::araquanid::Forretress::Volcarona::Buzzwole:
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Facade

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Araquanid @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 44 Def / 20 SpD / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
:heracross::scizor-mega:
Our first decision was to add a hazard control core of Araquanid + Forretress. The other option we considered was Galvantula + Armaldo. We decided araquanid’s fire neutrality and Forretress’s bulk complemented the offensive core we started out with better.
:heracross::scizor-mega::araquanid::Forretress:
The Araquanid set was suggested by maroon, and we all really liked it. The EVs allowed araquanid to survive a Return from Diggersby, a Hurricane from Mega Pidgeot, and outspeed Tyranitar. The final move on Forretress was debated, but we decided on Gyro Ball to give Forretress a chance to kill Mega Diance. Rocky helmet was the chosen item because it can wear down physical attackers and pivots.
:heracross::scizor-mega::araquanid::Forretress::Volcarona:
Volcarona is a staple on Gen 7 Bug. This set allows Volcarona to sweep balanced water teams with the combination of Giga Drain and Psychium z.
:heracross::scizor-mega::araquanid::Forretress::Volcarona::Buzzwole:
By far our biggest debate was over the last Pokemon. We knew we wanted speed control, but there were a few options to choose from. Yanmega had good coverage options, Scolipede was fast and could help against Fairy, but the option we chose was Buzzwole. Buzzwole has great coverage and has good bulk even when un-invested. When our debate was over, we had a few matches to test the team out.
Shoutouts to smub, Floss, maroon, Derpeddeath, GuzzlesOwO, Tico 21, Bondie, ACaseOfJaundice, I_like_f!re, and LovelyDoo for helping build this awesome team!

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-1132209380 vs Water
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-1132218226 vs Fighting
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-1132211271 vs Flying

As a result of the DLC dropping halfway through what would have been the submissions phase for week 7, we will be delaying the submissions until the DLC is officially out, this way we can avoid speculating what Pokemon may or may not be confirmed and everyone can have a chance to submit for the new meta.

This means our submissions phase is going to start on Wednesday the 17th. Feel free to post as soon as the DLC is released; do not wait for another post from one of our hosts. Because this gives less time for submissions, both the voting phase & the CCAT will be pushed back a day, giving the following dates:

Submissions begin Wednesday 17th (As soon as the DLC is released)
Voting phase begins Friday Midnight / Saturday (GMT+1)
CCAT begins Sunday Midnight / Monday (GMT+1)

In case it was not clear, for this week we will only be accepting Gen 8 cores. Have fun experimenting with the new meta!

Thunder

Kingku ke charan pranam
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower
I am too lazy to wait till dlc is updated on ps, posting a core around two new dropping mons, bug has suffered alot, but these two give bug a chance from becoming one of the worst to a decent type with the mons coming back

I have a feeling that a few of these cores will be around Urshifu, or at least types that get access to it, but screw that broken panda thingy, We're going in with a core built around the other new mon of the DLC expansion pass, Slowbro Galar.
this will be a poison type core, as I feel slowbro galar provides more for poison than it does for psychic
How to get Galarian Slowbro & Slowking in Pokemon Sword Shield ...

Slowbro GOAT (Slowbro-Galar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

The two moves I gave were slack off and calm mind, as I've managed to pull so sweeps with this mon.

Hyper Offensive Dark

+Urshifu because there's no sprite yet lol

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Krookodile's return has made HO Dark significantly better as a playstyle. The newly introduced Urshifu is an incredible offensive threat with very limited switch-ins plus priority. Dark has a lot of excellent options for teammates, so there's room for a lot of variability.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Happy Pride Month! I am submitting a Fairy-type core because Wynaut... But I wanted to let you know, no matter your color, your race, your sexuality, or your pride, you are a human being at the end of the day and you are amazing! We are equal, and you matter so much to the existence on this world. Be yourself, and respect others, and thanks for reading!!
Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes / Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Frustration

Azumarill and Klefki are amazing additions towards Fairy and pairing them together can support Azumarill in setting up Belly Drum and sweeping teams better. Klefki having maximized defenses allows it to survive attacks from the likes of Jirachi or Scizor and providing Spikes or Thunder Wave to cripple the other team. I feel like Thunder Wave would work on more Non-Webless Fairy?, and Spikes would go there if Ribombee isn't there! There are a lot of options varying from Ribombee, Hatterne, Gardevoir, Togekiss, Grimmsnarl, Mimikyu, and even Magearna; so I am interested in seeing how the community builds a team around this core given the numerous amount of Pokemon you could use.​

:ss/kingdra: :ss/seismitoad:
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Surf

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Focus Blast

As some time with the first DLC releasing is passing by, I decided to create a fun rain offensive core. The two actually work together pretty nicely; they have great offensive presence and high Speed under rain and can defeat each others checks. Kingdra is the hard hitting wallbreaker in this core, being able to potentially OHKO many Pokemon under rain with Choice Specs. I thought Hurricane Kingdra wouldn't be that good in a metagame where Ice Beam is pretty common, but it's actually useful for defeating Grass teams, which are a nuisance for Seismitoad (Hurricane can OHKO Celebi for example, while Ice Beam dosen't.) Seismitoad is there to help deal with some of Kingdra's checks, such as Toxapex and Ferrothorn and sets up Stealth Rock for Water teams, which is really mandatory at times. Seismitoad also cleans up pretty much anything that Kingdra can weaken without having to worry about being locked into a move. The core is a bit weak to bulkier Pokemon such as Snorlax, but it's still rmanagable (Kingdra can 2HKO Snorlax with Hydro Pump if it is under rain.) Aditionally, I didn't feel like running Weather Ball on Seismitoad to not rely on Hydro Pump and it's mediocre accuracy.

The submissions phase for this week is now over. As we are playing with a brand new metagame and there are a lot of exciting new things to try teambuilding around, we have decided there will be 2 CCATs this week instead of our planned 1. As such, leave 2 votes below and the core with the most votes will be built around on Sunday midnight / Monday as was planned, and the second most popular will be built around at 5pm EST on Monday. Thanks for reading!

The submitted cores this week are:

The Thunderbirds's Scizor + Volcarona Bug
Jolly Togekiss's Magearna + Copperajah TR Steel
Hyperspace12's Slowbro-G Poison
Smub's Krookodile + Urshifu Offensive Dark
Roxiee's Azumarill + Klefki Fairy
Rotteninfernape's Kingdra + Seismitoad Rain Water

Thanks to everyone who submitted this week, and remember to leave 2 votes this week instead of 1!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)