Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

A slightly different set for ORAS Water with a Curse/Talk Mega Swampert intending to clean late game, with Empoleon to support as we lose our main Stealth Rock setter by running this set, as well as providing a nice grass neutrality. This core is probably supported well with a nice wallbreaker like Specs Keld or Band Crawdaunt to allow Swampert to come in and sweep.

Banette | TheOneandOnlyMisdreavous525's Total Pokemon Wiki | Fandom

Not sure If I'm doing this right but I'll submit something:
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Destiny Bond
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Claw
-Gunk Shot

Decided to do a personal favorite for a submission. Mega Banette is very fun having Frisk to identify the opponent's item as soon as he comes out and getting Prankster as soon as he Mega evolves. Maximum HP ensures he stays out as long as possible, and Max Attack means he can do good damage while he's out too. The last few points went to Special Defense because Priority Will-O-Wisp should cripple Physical attackers. Destiny Bond has priority with prankster, letting him take out setup sweepers or take out his foe when he's about to die. Shadow Claw and gunk shot are for damage, and mega Banette has a very high attack stat. Knock off can be run instead of Gunk Shot, but Gunk Shot gives more coverage. Sableye could be a good partner to take dark and Ghost attacks for Banette.

Last edited:
Banette | TheOneandOnlyMisdreavous525's Total Pokemon Wiki | Fandom's Total Pokemon Wiki | Fandom

Not sure If I'm doing this right but I'll submit something:
Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Destiny Bond
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Claw
-Gunk Shot

Decided to do a personal favorite for a submission. Mega Banette is very fun having Frisk to identify the opponent's item as soon as he comes out and getting Prankster as soon as he Mega evolves. Maximum HP ensures he stays out as long as possible, and Max Attack means he can do good damage while he's out too. The last few points went to Special Defense because Priority Will-O-Wisp should cripple Physical attackers. Destiny Bond has priority with prankster, letting him take out setup sweepers or take out his foe when he's about to die. Shadow Claw and gunk shot are for damage, and mega Banette has a very high attack stat. Knock off can be run instead of Gunk Shot, but Gunk Shot gives more coverage. Sableye could be a good partner to take dark and Ghost attacks for Banette.

You are doing the right thing, however I must apologise as this CCAT has been completed but I did not have time to post about it once it was finished, so I will reserve your set for the next gen 6 CCAT, thanks for the submission!

As for the CCAT:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Scald
- Flamethrower

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast

:ss/Swampert-Mega:
The first of the two Pokemon we built around; this set did not get changed throughout the process of the CCAT and provides status absorption, an electric immunity, and a way to clean unprepared teams.

:ss/Empoleon:
The other member of the core. Without Swampert as a SR setter we need Empoleon, it also provides a grass immunity, hazard clear, and can phase out threats that seek to set up on it.

:ss/Keldeo:
The given core was supported well by a strong wallbreaker, and in this regard very little can beat Specs Keldeo for Water. We have triple STAB + HP Bug, to hit Celebi which otherwise does a lot of damage to our team.

:ss/Gyarados:
From here it was obvious we needed a Mega Venusaur check, as well as Grass-types in general. The best option here was DD Gyarados to give us sweeping potential as well as ways to break through physical walls for Swampert.

:ss/Slowbro:
At this point we needed a Physical wall to complement Empoleon, Slowbro was chosen to pivot around as well as spreading Toxic to whittle down the walls that this team struggles with.

:ss/Cloyster:
At this point we had a lot of options for the last mon, we decided that Cloyster was a good blanket check to a lot of things as it sweeps a lot of unprepared teams and offers some form of speed control with sash intact.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6monotype-1182779661 vs Ice
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6monotype-1182783259 vs Rock

Shoutouts to Jolly Togekiss ^-^, Derpeddeath, Roxiee, Tico 21.

Thanks to everyone that took part! I won't be opening any submissions for next week yet as an update regarding the project is coming this weekend

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang / ?

Clefable @
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
-
Pretty much the only tier where Mega Mawile is allowed in. Noting that Psychic Terrain is allowed in National Dex via Indeedee; I picture it being somewhat difficult dealing with Jirachi especially under terrain with Mimikyu's priority being nerfed along with Klefki's Thunder Wave being crippled under Psychic Terrain. With Mega Mawile here I do feel as if that matchup is slightly better, and pairing it with Clefable, you still have a Stealth Rocker to make up for Mega Diancie's existence. I do feel as if both megas compete for a slot and yes Mega Diancie performs greatly against Flying but it is just shut down by Celesteela. Mega Mawile is also good for mirroring matchups along with a supporting check with Klefki's Foul Play to Mega Scizor with Fire Fang. Item on Clefable varies from Leftovers, Baibiri, or even Kebia, w.e works. Movesets and Evs are adjustable. I recommend not including Mimikyu in this team gl if this is picked.

Urshifu Rapid-Strike+Pelipper

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet / Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog / Ice Beam / Scald

Rain Water has always offered a lot of strong teambuilding options, and NatDex frees up Urshifu Rapid-Strike. Choice Band Surging Strikes does some pretty stupid damage under rain, and with Specs Pelipper, they form a strong wallbreaking core that can pivot into each other with U-turn to handle their respective counters. While Aqua Jet is nice for revenge killing a few faster threats like Volcarona and Mega Diancie, Zen Headbutt gives it the coverage needed to reliably break past Poison's defensive core when Spdef Pex becomes a problem for Pelipper. As for Pelipper, if you want to run a separate hazard remover, Defog could be replaced with Ice Beam for the extra coverage, or with a more spammable Water STAB move with better accuracy like Scald. As previously stated, Rain Water has a ton of routes it can go with in terms of teambuilding, so it'll be cool seeing what the community can come up with.

Well, here is my submission. Let's hope I'm doing this right.

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 136 HP / 244 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heat Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Toxic

Sheer Force + Life Orb has always been one of my favorite combinations, and Copperajah is one of my favorite pokemon. Let's see what he can do when he isn't being outsped. Under Trick Room, Copperajah is a MONSTER. Here are some calcs to show you what I mean:

244+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Copperajah Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 252-299 (59.4 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 166-198 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

244+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 177-211 (51.4 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Duraludon: 205-242 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 354-421 (105.9 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO

244+ Atk Life Orb burned Copperajah Heavy Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 177-211 (52.9 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

244+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hatterene: 416-491 (130.8 - 154.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
:ss/melmetal::sm/celesteela:
Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

I have always wanted to build around these two. They are absolute bangers. I can imagine a nice balance featuring them as a wallbreaking/sweeping core or a fully hyper offensive team with screens klefki or trick room. Either way should be interesting to see a team with them, especially since melmetal's double iron bash literally hits so fucking hard.

I'll drop a Ghost core real quick.

:Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

:Blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragon Dance Ghostium Z Dragapult is one of the most dominant threats in National Dex. Being able to be a fearsome late-game sweeper. Coming off insane Attack and Speed stats with good offensive STABs allows Dragapult to be able to pull off DD sweeps in end games. Choice Scarf Blacephalon can also be adept at revenge killing countless threats in Natdex, in addition to potentially being a late-game win condition itself with Beast Boost. Being able to condition your gameplan into sweeping with Shadow Ball or Flamethrower can be very effective

Last edited:

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
:urshifu: :greninja:

Urshifu @ Black Glasses
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Grass Knot

This is a pretty simple offensive core that can be used on Monotype Dark, Urshifu-S deal with special walls while Greninja deal with physical walls. Additionally, the first can setup with Bulk Up to break bulkier cores and revenge kill threats with Sucker Punch while the latter has an amazing coverage that let it hit most Pokémon on Flying, Ground, and Water teams super effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)