Project SS NU Matchmaking: Week 23 - Sirfetch'd

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Winners

:heart:
User
Pokemon
Submission
Silvally-Dark (10 votes)
Alcremie (6 votes)

Silvally-Dark - 10
Alcremie - 6
Indeedee-F - 5
Clefairy - 5
Perrserker - 3
Drampa - 2
Toxicroak - 1

You guys are doing awesome right now! This is what makes this project worthwhile. You guys make it tough for me to pick stuff and the competition gets close. With only 5 week left to go in this 10-week run, MonkeySniper takes the lead with 6 points and Corthius slots in right behind him with 5 points with their wins this week. Can anyone catch them? Let's see.....................

Week 6
The next mon that needs some love is................

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

Voting will begin Sunday!!!

Reserving Clefairy

clefairy.gif

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Teleport
- Seismic Toss

Alright, I know y'all are tired of seeing Clef get paired up with everything, but I think there's a good case for Clef here. The most notable benefit Clefairy provides to Drampa is pivoting with Teleport. As Teleport has negative priority, it nearly always goes last, basically guaranteeing a free switch from Drampa. This isn't just pivoting: it's advanced pivoting. Clefairy also walls out attackers like Abomasnow and Alcremie that would hope to decimate Drampa with their STABs.

In turn, Drampa can roast opposing Steel-types like Ferroseed and Stunfisk-Galar, which gives Clefairy more room to use Wish and pivot. It also annoys things like Cofagrigus, which would usually try to set up Clefairy otherwise.

Last edited:
images.png

Rapidash-Galar @ Choice scarf
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Zen Headbutt
- High horsepower
- Healing Wish

I thought Galar Rapidash would work here specifically because it deals with both fighting and dragon opponents pretty well offensively and can take a hit or 2 from them if needed as dragon stab is ineffective vs fairy types and fight is quad resisted with galarian rapidashes dual typing. Another worry i had with going for something like Alcremie or clefairy is the fact the most spammed fighting mon is Toxicroak. And since galarian Rapidash can outspeed and KO with Zen Headbutt it makes the croak match up a bit better. And if croak goes for a fighting move i dont have to worry about being outpaced and being KOd aswell.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Perrserker Wishiwashi

wishiwashi-school.png

Wishiwashi-School @ Leftovers
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 64 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- U-turn
- Protect
- Earthquake

Wishiwashi is a good partner for Drampa because it baits Grass-types and can U-turn out to Drampa, giving it a free opportunity to wallbreak. Wishiwashi can also take on Ice-type attacks aimed at Drampa, such as Piloswine's Ice Shard. It complements Drampa's defensive typing, meaning that Wishi can be the answer to offensive Fire- and Water-types, which makes it harder to chip Drampa and thus allows it to stay healthy and wallbreak more.

Last edited:
Reserving garbage pile

What better to pair with Falcor than Garbodor!

:ss/garbodor:
Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
-Spikes
-Gunk Shot
-Stomping Tantrum
-Toxic​

Specs Drampa on its own is a very threatening pokemon in NU, and is only switched in on by a very small number of pokemon, the main being clefairy. On the offensive side Garbodor completely dummies clef and in doing so can also hurt other pokemon with a naturally powerful gunkshot, or use the opportunity granted by clefairy's switching out to lay spikes. Additionally Garb can provide toxic to poison mons like Cofag who lack great recovery and can annoy drampa, and Garbodor is EV'd to be able to take on perrserker who would switch into Draco to try and threaten back with Close Combat.

Defensively, Garbodor is great to pair with drampa as one of the main threats to drampa's longevity is high powered fighting moves such as Close Combat from Sawk or various moves from Toxicroak, which all can be sponged up by Garbodor, netting some chip onto the fighter with Rocky Helmet in the process. In addition Garb can eat Fairy moves for Dramps like Play Rough from G-Dash .

Last edited:

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
reserving toxicroak

Aren't you sick of these Fairy-, Steel- and Ghost-types, that think they can sh*t on your STABs? I present to you:
:ss/Toxicroak:
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot / Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave​

Toxicroak makes a good offensive partner for Drampa. It can take on annoying pokemon like Clefairy, Cofagrigus, Alcremie (without Psychic) and can revenge kill Steel-types like Klinklang that try to use -2 Drampa as set up fodder. Toxicroak does also resist Fighting-type attacks but most of them are to strong to switch in directly. In return Toxicroak likes Drampa's ability to weaken/break the opposing team, especially on the special defensive side.

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Indeedee (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

A nice little partner for a special breaker like Drampa. They have similar checks like Steel types that can they can wear down together. Drampa can hit them hard and then Indeedee can clean up after it should it go down. Indeedee can also deal with our Fighting types in Sawk, Hitmonchan, and Toxicroak. Granted it's a speed tie with them should the be scarfed, but sometimes it's a risk you can/need to take. Either way, Indeedee-F works well with it to take down similar checks.

Potential Matches
UserPokemonSubmission
Indeedee-F

As usual, vote for 2 potential matches! This should go without saying every time, but you CANNOT vote for your own submission.

Garbodor, Toxicroak

Oathkeeper

Winners

User
Pokemon
Submission
Toxicroak (7 votes)
Wishiwashi (6 votes)

Toxicroak - 7
Wishiwashi - 6
Clefairy - 4
Garbodor - 4
Indeedee- 3
Rapidash-G - 2

And with those points assigned, Corthius overtakes MonkeySniper for the lead with only 4 weeks left to go in this run. This is going to be a good one guys!

Week 7
The mon that needs some love this time is...........

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Poison Jab

Sawk is a dangerous threat in NU with that ability we all love in Mold Breaker turning would-be walls into cowards that hide behind their abilities. It can wear a cool looking Band or a stylish Scarf or maybe even a pair of Boots and run Sturdy. I chose stylish Scarf here. Let's see what you guys do here.........

Voting begins Sunday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)