Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

+ Recover + 20 HP

Can run a bulky set spamming draco and sludge bomb for fairies and focus blast for pesky steels it sounds good.... besides the fact it usually isn't ever the first one attacking...

252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 124-146 (31.4 - 37%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO
(considerable chunk)
252+ SpA Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 148-176 (33.4 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(prob the best switch in and still takes a chunk)
252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 188-222 (61.8 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(you can get pretty close and chip it into range of urshifu-r or weavile)
252+ SpA Dragalge Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 154-182 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(annoying but managable, as the usual sp. def steel)

It is strong but idk... it can take hits and dish out strong hits in return but ill see how people talk about it...
+ Poison Heal

CM taunt is a set.... well that is a set and probably a very annoying one.... it just depends on the counterplay which a CM 2 attacks can easily beat pokemon like ferro, pex, fini even and can beat it in a CM war, and immunity to status means it is very hard to wear down... sounds annoying but idk otherwise. It sounds like a good pokemon besides the fact that its very bulky esp with so little to ohko or even 2hko it after a CM

+ Earth Power + 20 Speed

Maybe it is good.... (looks at defensive typing) Oh.... While that is the case it's still smth to deal with at +1 in most stats but while that is the case the rise in balloon tran, av melm, scarf kart, victini, volcanion, weavile, and many more pokemon being common trends that can deal with it. Frostmoth is the definition of a late game cleaner and will heavily compete with volc... it trades useful resistances for a massive sp. def boost and a better non-balloon tran MU while volcarona can preform better and has some set diversity while Frostmoth is the definition of a MU fish. If against many physical pokemon like a beat up team it will struggle immensly to even get a boost up without dying the next turn and without more resistances it can struggle to find times to setup at times.

I do not believe that frosmoth is OU especially with volcarona glaring over it and not having such a good MU against the meta especially the many physical pokemon and the lack of a useful resistance

+ Delta Stream

"Delta Stream is a nice ability for Tornadus since its other two abilities, while good on paper, don't do it many favours. Having no weakness is scary at first but Tornadus is pretty frail and it has to hold HDB since its Stealth Rock weakness isn't removed. Tornadus-T doesn't benefit from this buff but it outclasses Tornadus since Therian is bulkier, faster and has Regenerator. Still regular Tornadus has a great offensive movepool and break walls while not being scared of Electric, Ice and Rock moves and removing the weather from its abusers."

I uh... torn-i is still paper thin

252 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus: 210-247 (70.2 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus: 165-198 (55.1 - 66.2%) -- approx. 2HKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus: 186-219 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus in Strong Winds: 198-234 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus in Strong Winds: 252-297 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- approx. 2HKO

These calcs show that even the pokemon that have the coverage to SE hit torn-i. In strong winds it is still paper thin and will be ko'ed by then or put very close into range and most of them torn-i cant even hurt in return very hard and has to NP on switch and potentially nail a zeraora and then die to another pokemon or just fall flat... idk this is enough nor idt this is what it needs as its still to frail. it can disturb sand and hail... but u know... just get an actual pokemon instead when sand is not in a good spot + hail u can use a double steel core which torn-i doesnt even switch into hail team members at all

+ Trick + 10 Attack

1) never wants to trick away its band away... it hits like a wet noodle otherwise and its not smth like blace where it can afford it and still be plenty strong... Zy-dog is a wet noodle without it

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking-Galar: 318-374 (80.7 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 242-288 (70.9 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 133-157 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 27.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 103-123 (29.2 - 34.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 90-106 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 264-312 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah... these calcs show how weak it is without a CB so lets focus on the +10 attack boost since the main reason you are using zydog is to spam CB t arrows, Legit the sole reason why you are using it in the first place... the +10 attack boost is definitely noticable especially on some pokemon and can help it break through bulkier pokemon that it otherwise would just fall flat against

252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 154-183 (43.7 - 51.9%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(110 atk)
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 145-172 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(100atk)
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(110atk)
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(100atk)

These calcs show that it is now able to consistently pull of 2hko's and 3hko's on many pokemon and is able to force progress throught a game. I believe this is a fine change (aside from the useless trick that you do as a suicidal move i guess when ur on the slither of death since i think superpower or toxic is better for zarude, ferro, slowbro, buzzwole, and dragonite)

:dragalge:
252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 124-146 (31.4 - 37%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO
(considerable chunk)
Good sir, that is a mon with regen and you just clicked an Overheat clone.
Overall, as much as I dislike making AV no longer Dragalge’s main set, this is a pretty solid buff, and it works well to bring Dragalge’s slow, strong defensive pivot role into OU. Run it like Jolte Goodra if real.

:keldeo: Already good mon gets broken abil :tymp:
This one worries me quite a lot. Does similar things to what Gliscor would but with a more offensive lean, and man is it an efficient stallbreaker. Not a fan.

:frosmoth: QD with great offensive coverage, great special bulk, and enough Speed to be a big threat at +1. This will have a niche for sure. I understand the general concerns about its viability, but I think it’s guaranteed to be at least ranked, so it ends up coming down to how good the rest of this slate is (since as a whole this seems like a pretty safe, if not exactly stellar, vote).

:tornadus: Arguably a nerf since it doesn’t work in Rain with Delta Stream lmaooooo. This one’s another familiar face since I subbed it to Joltemons a couple months back, and even then I didn’t really like it. Torn has more problems than its mid defensive profile, and while Delta Stream does help, idt it helps enough for it to see OU.

:zygarde-10%: Hydrei had a zydog sub that got skipped over, so take what they say with a grain of salt lol. Otherwise, Trick is a middlingly useful tool for Band sets, and an Attack boost is nice and all, but I really don’t see this hitting OU with just these changes. Maybe Trick is all it needs and I’m wrong, but I think zydog has more flaws than can be fixed with these buffs.

Overall, feelin like :dragalge: and :frosmoth:. Slate as a whole isn’t super strong, but we’ve seen worse.

Last edited:
Yall dumb fr
wow, you cannot just say that to people, its mean. Watch, this is how you address everyone who allowed comfey in: You big bufoons. The actual response i had was much meaner but it would really not get my argumuents about this slate across and make me look like an asshole so consider yourself lucky.

Ahem, sorry this old boomer lost his composure for a sec. Going into Dragalge this mon is a fantastic addition to the meta, forget about its offensive sets, what you really want to capitalize now its the inmense defensive profile that this mon provides. 85/90/123 are extremely good defensive stats and even more so on a defensive typing as fantastic as dragon poison is. Its tremendously low speed plays a lot in its favor as it allows it be also be an extremely excellent pivot, with a very slow flip turn that allows it to get its team in very safely and bait stuff like steels in. It also provides tremendous versatility and utility with options like haze toxic and toxic spikes. Forget adaptability, poison touch is such a progress maker as even without its item it keeps punishing knock offs and u-turns, effectiely making it the bane of many electrics like koko, raikou, and zerora who are unable to make progress on it, as well as being a general complete annoyance to many water types (toxapex, fini, pelipper), fairy types (clefable, comfey(bufoons)) grass types (rillaboom, tangrowth), and other electric not mentioned above (Rotom, Zapdos). This mon is not a tank, its a defensive pivot that genrally improves many teams by virtue of providing easy switch ins against a large amount of the meta.

I don't have my thoughts gather about the other subs but i glad with the other subs in this slate. Unless this mon loses in which you all should tighten up the locks of your windows.

Last edited:
:dragalge:Good sir, that is a mon with regen and you just clicked an Overheat clone.
I never said it was the best move... it was an example of the damage not "i draco slowking-g just cuz i felt like it and they now are 17% down on hp after regen". doing 50% with a special attack is still nothing to laugh at as some SE hits dont even come close

:zygarde-10%: Hydrei had a zydog sub that got skipped over, so take what they say with a grain of salt lol.
Now now.... lets stop acting like u dont defend ur subs to the moon and back even if they never get voted on. Idk in what world zydog would want to trick its band away since wet noodle doesnt hit really hard does it... doesnt even ohko victini without a band and banded zydog is one of the main reasons you are using it anyway.... Why would u trick ur band IDK... but i guess if u think band is not that important to it it can throw it away be my guest, nobody is stopping you from doing so

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A Zydog that got tricked Boots sucks but it can still do things against the opposing team (chip stuff hit things with espeed revenge kill mons weak to TArrows)

A Slowbro that got tricked Choice Band is a non functional Pokémon

Anyway :dragalge: :frosmoth:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/dragalge:

Neat buff. Poison/Dragon is a nice typing and it doesn't have awful bulk. However, it is anything but stellar. You are better off using Pex as a defensive Pokemon, but no issue cause Dragalge is probably not meant to be purely defensive. Sure it has its defensive use, mainly checking Koko, Golisopod, Torn-T, Urshifu-R and Zeraora, but its strength comes from Adaptability boosted STABs can be fired off more easily thanks to its defensive utility. A Dragon that scares Faires already exists with Haxorus, but this Pokemon doesn't switch into offensive Pokemon easily and thus has to rely on its Steel-typing to switch in. Being a Poison that doesn't resist Fairy sucks and Steels ruin it, since it doesn't have anything to hit them except for Thunderbolt for Corv and Hydro for Heatran. Oh yeah Focus Blast, good luck. This is also an issue for it, 4MSS. It will use STABs + Recover and there has to choose between Focus Blast (again good luck), Thunderbolt for Corv and Flip Turn. If you drop Draco then you still have to choose between a coverage move. There are also other things it can run like Toxic Spikes. While flawed, I think it's a worthwile Pokemon.

:ss/keldeo:

Gonna admit, this is probably one of the best ways to make Keldeo viable. It is great that we didn't aim for Urshifu but Special. Getting Poison Heal in the first place is tricky since you have to get it activated and not get it knocked off. If you manage to get it, then you just have Keldeo with better Leftovers. Jokes aside, while for sure a buff (I mean it basically had no ability before) it isn't overwhelming. Specs and Scarf are Keldeo's best sets for a reason since they provide good damage and speed control respectively. However, this buff makes its SubCM and Toxic + Protect sets better and give it overall better longevity. Specs and Scarf sets also appreciate this recovery if they manage to get poisoned but SubCM and Toxic + Protect sets are viable, at least in my opinion that nobody asked for. Fini and Pex still check it defensively (and they actually hard counter Toxic + Protect lol) while Koko, Zapdos, Dragapult, Rilla, Zerora, Latias and Raikou check it offensively. Good sub, isn't a big improvement, but a notable one.

:ss/frosmoth:

It hurts my heart, but this one isn't it chief. Positives first, it has great coverage with Ice Beam and Earth Power, which means it isn't walled by Heatran and the extra speed helps it get the jump on more Pokemon, which would be nice if there were any notable ones. Not outrunning 224 EVs Arctozolt in Hail is a yikes. That's pretty much it for the positives, now the negatives. Volcarona. Yeah Volcarona still outclasses. Sure it can't hit Heatran, but it is faster, bulkier on the physical side (which is notable with some investment) and Roost. Notice that I said higher physical bulk, cause Ice Scales makes Frosmoth bulkier on the special side, but the lack of recovery really hurts it. Also while Earth Power gives great coverage for Heatran, Ferrothorn and Corv meanwhile are only fit for neutral damage. Which isn't bad per say, but those two will check it and KO it back. Good intentions, but I don't see it being good. Better Special bulk and EP is a nice advantage over Volcarona, but Volcarona is better in the context of the meta.

:ss/tornadus:

First up, this sub is worse than I initially thought and I'm sorry for every sub that didn't make it because of this. The intention was to turn loosing match-ups into potentially winning match-ups, but bearable match-ups at least. Checking weather teams still holds up since it checks both of Sand/Hail setters and abusers offensively, but Rain teams (the most common ones) are still troublesome since Barraskewda is faster. Yeah I won't lie, this sub is ass.

:ss/zygarde-10%:

It's for sure better, but not by a huge amount. Garchomp exists afterall, but Zygarde-10% is meant to be a hit and run version of Garchomp. Thousand Arrows removes Zapdos, Corv and Skarmory as checks to it while Trick allows it to cripple Hippowdon, Slowbro and Mudsdale. Extreme Speed is also great for a CB user. However, Dragonite is stronger, bulkier and also has Extreme Speed. Zygarde-10% has limited checks due to Thousand Waves being a better STAB and more spammable move that Dual Wingbeat and Earthquake. It is more limited though since this buff doesn't help it with Thousand Waves and DD sets that much. Sure +10 Attack helps, but for a trapper you are better off using Fini or Heatran and for a Sweeper set you can just use Dragonite and Garchomp. Overall, nice buff. Nothing special, but nice to have.

:dragalge: A solid defensive buff, I'm sure this thing will run a hazard support set with toxic spikes, flip turn, recover and last move for coverage to threaten out different mons, also somehow my mind keep saying that poison touch and poison point could be run(you know, inflict poison to punish rapid spin, but I don't really see why when you have toxic spikes).

:keldeo: I don't really think keldeo need to run substitute anymore once it got in safely, instead it can run taunt, which shuts down toxapex, and poison heal heals you by 12%, which is cool, but beside removing one of it counters, keldeo still struggles against many others, fini screws it, revenge killer screw it and new latias beats it.

:frosmoth: volcarona outclasses it because it lacks recovery, worse typing, yada yada. But I think it has its own niche as a quiver dancer that beats heatran, and if volc can run a bulky set to abuse things as a set up fodder, maybe frosmoth can do the same thing, check out these calcs:
0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 141-166 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
80 SpA Slowking-Galar Flamethrower vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 112-132 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

:tornadus:0 weakness seems good at first glance, but then you'll realize how awful this thing is as a defensive mon, no recovery and stealth rock weakness means you have to choose between leftovers or HDB, and its bulk is not amazing. I would still prefer using Tornadus-T, ice and electric weakness might be tough to get around with, but overall regenerator and better stats surpass Tornadus-I.

:zygarde-10%: zygarde 10% getting 10% stronger, definitely hitting harder but not quite sure if that would increases its viability or not, still, a physical attacker tricking its choice item into stuff is sick, can neutralize a lot of threats, a tank with choice scarf/band is also pretty much useless.

Would vote for :frosmoth: and :keldeo:

Alright everyone, we are going to have another tourney!
A few changes from last time, this time we are implementing a 4 day window for each matchup, if you have been reached out to by an opponent in this timeframe and have not been able to schedule a game, you will be disqualified. If neither party has reached out to schedule, a cointoss will decide who moves on to the next round.
As last time, games will be bo3, single elimination in the OU theorymons meta. Whatever is coded when matchups are posted is what will be the ruleset for the rest of the series; eg, additions that are coded after that date will be illegal in the tournament.
If you are interested in playing, go down to our discord server and sign up in the tournament-signups channel.
Sign ups are open for 24 hours, so go ahead if youre down for the tour! Winner of this tour will get a custom role!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Here's my take on subs:
:SS/Zygarde-10%:
Oh, this is my sub! So I think it's got a cool niche now, as it can interact with its checks in a quite interesting way, as tricking away your CB to mons like Slowbro and Buzzwole can be really annoying, and I think some people may be underestimating how dangerous can it get, as now it means it can start dishing out damage here and there with TArrows + Outrage due to it's 110 Atk base. That being said though, I think a +20 Atk buff would've been much better, as it could have hit harder and it would be still worse than Garchomp sorta, but I think this sub has got many cool traits and it's a cool concept to me (plus you can innovate with stuff like Flame Orb or Choice Scarf).

As for the other subs...
I like this sub, it's the same as before but now it's bulkier and can stay healthy throughout the game, so it also can act as a cool pivot able to check stuff like Tapu Koko, Zeraora, and Raikou while it also can check some of the best fairies (Clefable and Tapu Fini). That being said, though, it'll still have its flaws, as it's a poison type that can't reliably switch into some Latias sets and Sylveon nor a dragon that can switch into Volcanion that reliably, but will still be a quite cool pick and this is defo a top sub.

:frosmoth:
QD user able to hit through Heatran and Ice Scales allows it to setup on many stuff, yeah I kinda like it if I gotta be honest but I don't have much to say, as honestly this resumes well my point:
:frosmoth: volcarona outclasses it because it lacks recovery, worse typing, yada yada. But I think it has its own niche as a quiver dancer that beats heatran, and if volc can run a bulky set to abuse things as a set up fodder, maybe frosmoth can do the same thing, check out these calcs:
0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 141-166 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
80 SpA Slowking-Galar Flamethrower vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 112-132 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
:tornadus:
I used to love this sub, but now I'm just not that high on it anymore? Being a Delta Stream mon that doesn't beat Rain (Barraskewda) is just a big L overall, but being able to 1v1 some losing MUs like Buzzwole might be good, so I'd say it might be okay, but I don't see it outstanding at all.

:keldeo:
Oh boy, what can I say? I actually like this sub, it heavily improves CM sets, as they don't need to run Sub and it can now 1v1 Toxapex with more ease and it's a cool Knock Off absorber overall, though like Beaf said, it might give kind of scary so idk, take this as a grain of salt tho.

3am thoughts o/

Doing this an hour early but voting session has now started! You know the rules, last for 24 hours!

Also, we have a teambuilding competition over on Discord! So come join!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)