Project SS UU Lure That Threat [On Hold]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Aaaaaand Ramolost has won with Specs Flygon! Congratulations!!

Week 9: Doublade
:ss/doublade:
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat / Shadow Claw
Doublade is a nightmare for a lot of offensive teams thanks to its strong boosted priority and insane defensive typing, combined with decent special bulk and incredibly physical bulk. Removing it can open up opportunities for a lot of Pokemon like Cobalion, Ribombee, and Roserade, so how will you do it? Lures are due on Tuesday, June 2nd.

:ss/roserade:

Offensive Roserade

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Synthesis

252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Energy Ball vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 109-129 (34.9 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Shadow Ball vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 260-307 (83.3 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Doublade dies from Energy Ball into Shadow Ball, meaning it never switches-in.​

Hello, and welcome back to another episode on why you shouldnt do drugs. Today after long consideration and (meth) labbing for several minutes, I had an epiphany.
1590628030083.png

Reuniclus @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 220 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

So the idea is simple. you can trick on either a predicted switch in, or an actual double. then you live any 2 hits from it so long as it is not shadow claw, in which case you also outspeed doublade, and are ev'd to live shadow claw + shadow sneak, and you Kill through trick + shadow ball 100% of the time. the big flaw of this set is that you cant really switch in, but aside from that this set can also cripple walls like umbreon and incineroar. Their only out is swords dance -> you get a low roll on shadow ball -> they have and clicked shadow claw

Last edited:
Reserving bronzong

:ss/bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

OFFENSIVE BRONZONG. I used to spam this set and I honestly still think it has good merit despite what some might think. Typically, Bronzong is known for being passive, and generally being a safe mon to switch in for offensive threats such as pangoro. This set changes that. The coverage Bronzong has is AMAZING and deals with so many common pokemon. It still has a lot of the defensive utility with levitate and it's typing, but getting rid of its typical passive nature by beating things that otherwise would stay in on it. Doublade happens to be one of these mons, being 2HKO'd by shadow ball. The speed is used to outspeed 0 speed Doublade. Overall a very fun set and i've had success with.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Specs Sylveon
Sylveon Front Sprite - Roblox

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball / Quick Attack

Specs Sylveon is a known set, but if you are able to get Sylveon into battle without revealing that it doesn't have Leftovers [i.e. if hazards aren't up], the Doublade user might assume it is the common mono-attacking cleric set and come in to set up a Swords Dance.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 151-178 (48.3 - 57%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 282-332 (90.3 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 300-354 (96.1 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Even a nominally incorrect prediction, using Hyper Voice, leads to Doublade taking around 50% chip, and Sylveon can KO it (or do at least 90%) with a super-effective Mystical Fire or Shadow Ball.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
:braviary:
Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

braviary is hardcountered by doublade due to the resistance to its flying-stab in brave bird and its immunity to its fighting-coverage in close combat, it also resists other attacks like u-turn and can easily tank a +1 and even a +2 brave bird.
heat wave will catch doublade off guard as it has a high chance after rocks-chip to 2HKO doublade but still remains a good choice scarf-user with u-turn to maintain momentum, a strong close combat and a strong brave bird: 252 SpA Braviary Heat Wave vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 146-172 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

1590669492541.png
Weezing-Galar @ Eject Pack
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Overheat

I believe offensive Weezing-G is on the rise and I'm here to present some literal Heat 'N Retreat™ . Typically, Weezing-G doesn't like to stay in on Doublade, and this set remedies that by compressing hazard removal and pivoting into one set, while avoiding the need to click Will-o-wisp and relying on its shaky accuracy. EV's help strange steam into overheat net the KO while living at least one iron head.

252+ SpA Weezing-Galar Strange Steam vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 71-84 (22.7 - 26.9%)

252+ Atk Doublade Iron Head vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Weezing-Galar: 210-248 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Weezing-Galar Overheat vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 274-324 (87.8 - 103.8%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)