Starcraft 2

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
As a side note, I was surprised at the great manners of korean players/sc2 players in general. They always shake hands or whatever, whereas American players dont sometimes (ahem idra). Guess I'm used to ragequits and bm
Meh, I don't know, I think starcraft gamers have much better manners in general when it comes to competitive players. And just random people online. The random pre show bantering is always light hearted.

Incidentally does anybody have any idea where to watch the red/blue raleigh streams besides the mlg site? The video player that they have skips in multiples of seven minutes, so it's really hard to skip over the intermissions, find games without ending up in the middle of them, etc, etc.

Speaking of manners, there's one GM that could care less about manners. He's none other than CombatEX. You'll be pretty amazed at his attitude. Or so it seems.

combat-ex was extremely bad-mannered in SC:BW already and even got people to give him free wins so he could get to a higher rank on iCCup; this pretty much sums up everything you have to know about him

I was always wondering why there wasn't a sc2 thread here while there were threads for other high-profile games. Been hooked on this one for a few months, though most of it is just following the scene passionately. Also finding out how my favorite korean translator is the one and only Tangerine, talk about mind=blown.

VKCA

Win rates just got posted on tl yesterday:

It's international I believe.
Terran is causing too much over centralization; should be banned.
Also apparently hellion damage vs light is changing from 10 to 5 thank fucking god in the new patch.
Overseer's also not 100 anymore which is good.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also apparently hellion damage vs light is changing from 10 to 5 thank fucking god in the new patch.
It's 5 boost from the pre-infernal igniter (better know as blue flame) upgrade, so 20 damage per hit on light after the patch. Pretty big since now you only three-shot scvs, which basically makes blue flame that much more useless.

nitpick: hellions do 8 damage, +6 vs light native, then +10 more from blue flame currently. with patch it's 8 +6 +5 which is 19, not 20. important vs probes and drones which have 40 HP (they aren't 2HKOed either, just like SCVs).

I've been offracing T a bit recently for fun so if you want to play some not-as-serious 1v1 for fun let me know! TvP is ~gold and TvT/TvZ are ~silver.

That's not mathematical proof that Protoss need to be buffed. Various factors are taken into account that aren't quantitative. Right now Terran players in general have a better understanding of the metagame overall and their strategies are more developed and ahead of the curve, toss is just behind them right now in that respect. (I'm a protoss player myself)

As for win rate against zerg, I blame the infestors. Fungal needs to be nerfed not only in the damage (which will 3 round vikings with 1.4 against terran) but the root as well. Any ability that entirely removes the ability to micro and mitigate damage is not in the best interest of the game and needs to be changed. In Broodwar you had to have both a dark archon and an archon to be able to pull off what a fungal does, with research tech specifically for Maelstrom (dark archon's root)

Edit: Also you can't neural massive units anymore (not the real problem), fungal needs reworking and infested terran need a nerf

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Please tell me I'm not the only one here watching the gsl finals at the moment. Why are you so perfect IMMvp?

really want to get into this but I can't find the cash to buy the game, when I do get it someone should teach me :)

really want to get into this but I can't find the cash to buy the game, when I do get it someone should teach me :)
If you do man I'd be more than glad to teach you!

I havent been on in a while, but does anyone use the smogon chat room? Last I checked it was pretty empty.
I'm looking forward to playing some of you when I get the time to though. Any silver-gold level players besides Whistle's offrace?

I havent been on in a while, but does anyone use the smogon chat room? Last I checked it was pretty empty.
I'm looking forward to playing some of you when I get the time to though. Any silver-gold level players besides Whistle's offrace?
i'm silver gold, pretty terrible though D:

sometimes we have talks in the smogon chatroom, usually when scalgondelta is on and i am being a nub about everything in the game

VKCA

It's 5 boost from the pre-infernal igniter (better know as blue flame) upgrade, so 20 damage per hit on light after the patch. Pretty big since now you only three-shot scvs, which basically makes blue flame that much more useless.
I really need to learn how the damage/upgrades in this game works.
Edit: Also you can't neural massive units anymore (not the real problem), fungal needs reworking and infested terran need a nerf
Really? What is neural good for at all then? You'd need a shit tone of festors and at that point just better to fungal the whole army.
Infested terrans are my only way of shooting up don't nerf them :(

most people listed in the OP are silver-plat level with a few higher ranks thrown in for fun. smogon room is semi-active (people there, maybe in games maybe talking) when I sign into bnet, around dinner time and after CDT.

NP change is a bit silly IMO, it wasn't really the problem with infestors - NP massive units is probably the LEAST ridiculous ability because it's a channeling ability and takes a shitton of energy plus a research upgrade. plus the whole point of neural parasite seems like it should be able to steal away big expensive units like colossus and thors... I'm not really one for "lore" but now the ability is a bit silly :o

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I saw a video once where this guy neural parasited a SCV about 20 times in order to build a CC, which he then used to gain the ability to build Thors. Probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

most people listed in the OP are silver-plat level with a few higher ranks thrown in for fun. smogon room is semi-active (people there, maybe in games maybe talking) when I sign into bnet, around dinner time and after CDT.

NP change is a bit silly IMO, it wasn't really the problem with infestors - NP massive units is probably the LEAST ridiculous ability because it's a channeling ability and takes a shitton of energy plus a research upgrade. plus the whole point of neural parasite seems like it should be able to steal away big expensive units like colossus and thors... I'm not really one for "lore" but now the ability is a bit silly :o
Neural isn't really an issue anyways so I'm not sure why blizzard is changing it. Energy is almost always better spent on fungals or infested terran, but if used right can completely demolish a protoss deathball which takes ages to rebuild. In my opinion you should be able to MC anything but psionic.

Holy crap, how could I not see this thread!? I don't really want to telll my code, but if you ever verse me, its JAMster you'll be facing. Wish I could change the name though after finding out its a company name. Anyone know how?

Do I need to play Starcraft 1 (?) to be able to function and get a good understanding of the game, I have looked into the game for a bit and It seems quite good, and I am thinking of getting it

Holy crap, how could I not see this thread!? I don't really want to telll my code, but if you ever verse me, its JAMster you'll be facing. Wish I could change the name though after finding out its a company name. Anyone know how?
Everyone has 1 free name change. Go to your Battle.net profile and change your SC2 username there. Unless you actually used the name change...then...well, too bad.

Do I need to play Starcraft 1 (?) to be able to function and get a good understanding of the game, I have looked into the game for a bit and It seems quite good, and I am thinking of getting it
Definitely not, first of all there are tons of former WC3 pros who never played BW at a high level and are now top SC2 pros - SaSe, Naniwa, basically all of the chinese players, NightEnD, etc. SeleCT didn't play either WC3 or SCBW. Some "lower-tier" NA pros like Minigun and Time have no previous RTS experience and are GM MMR equivalent. Personally I played SCBW very sporadically over the period of a few months over a year ago. Probably 30 games max and I was terrible, the bronze equivalent of SC2 (iCCup D-). Doing fine in SC2 since I'm supposedly in the top 2% of NA players after less than two months of playing.

Why: SCBW experience helps with your mechanics -- mouse accuracy, constantly making workers, hitting production cycles, not getting supply blocked, map awareness, etc. These are substantially easier in SC2 because of multiple building selection, unlimited control group sizes, automining, improved AI pathing, etc. if you played SCBW at a high level then you get a big head start, but since SC2 is much mechanically simpler, it's very easy to "catch up' in terms of mechanics - especially if you are just a casual player.

edit: Unit compositions are totally different, SC2 isn't just a prettier version of SCBW with a few extra units added. If that were the case, SCBW experience would probably help you understand SC2 a lot better... but instead SC2 players think of SCBW units for nostalgia reasons rather than to determine how to win in SC2.

VKCA

I saw a video once where this guy neural parasited a SCV about 20 times in order to build a CC, which he then used to gain the ability to build Thors. Probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
This... can be done? That sounds amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)