Steam Summer Sale

Ugh, these prices jump around too much o_O

I dunno, should I get that Borderlands 2 season pass now only for 66% off? And the other 2 related character DLCs? Or is there a chance it could go down further in price? What's the biggest discount they could get to?
Unless you plan on playing the game within the next week, you should wait until the winter sale.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
oblig

oh also just cause 2 was like 4 dollars earlier today, go hit that shit that game rocks

Well i
I own Borderlands 2, so yeah...what prices could they be in the winter sale though?

AAA titles from this year such as Bioshock Infinite would likely see either $23.99 or $19.99 flash deals. Older AAA often drop as low as $10. Most Indie games tend to stay the same price, which will average from $2.00-$5.00. In your case, I would expect the season pass to be 75% off in the winter sale, or allow you to buy the complete edition of the game for $15 or something.

Ooh, voting System Shock 2 as the next community choice, if anyone's not familiar System Shock 1 and 2 are the spiritual "predecessors" of the Bioshock series. But they were Mac only iirc, so most non-mac users probably never got to play it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So far I've bought:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
Don't Starve
Rouge Legacy
Sleeping Dogs
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Walking Dead

So far I'm really enjoying Rouge Legacy but I'll be getting into Don't Starve when I get back from vacation.

Feels good, man.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I picked up The Walking Dead and have been playing the shit out of it. I'm on episode 4 atm. Really good so far.

I got Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and an planning to get FTL or something else. I have really little money since i just make money off of tf2 as little chippings, but it's still fun to play the few games i can play.

EDIT: I just got FTL. Anyway, any good long games you can recommend with the sale under 10 bucks?

Also what do these season passes exactly do anyways? Like the Borderlands 2 one I was looking at, I get it's DLC, but like what exactly do you get? Access to any DLC that comes out or just some or what?
sorry if it's been answered but it's basically you buying a pass and getting access to all DLC the game had even if you bought the season pass after a year of the game's release though usually for some games like COD the DLC packs itself buying them separately are cheaper then season pass.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kerbal Space Program is pretty damn cool, grab it if you like rockets and space and hilarious indie games

My list so far is as follows:

Puzzle Quest 2
Rogue Legacy
Don't Starve
Ys I&II
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Dust: An Elysian Tale
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

I've been hooked on Puzzle Quest 2 (not as good as the first one or that not-quite-sequel space hexagon one) and Rogue Legacy, but I plan on getting to all of them ASAP, likely in that order. I meant to grab Scribblenauts Unlimited, but I forgot... Also planning on buying Civ 5 Gold Edition and possibly a few other games, but I'm waiting for a flash/daily sale first.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Oh Steam why you do this :( Its horrible... On the plus side I have made like £5 from selling cards and stuff like that...

I've bought (In order):
Fez
Just Cause 2
Kreig for Borderlands 2
Kerbal Space Program
Skyrim Legendary edition (Because I was forced to lol)

I don't think I've bought anything else.... :| My friend is going to give me XCom enemy Unknown too which I think will be cool Problem is I have crappy internet and it makes me weep when I have to wait like 2 weeks or more for a game to download :(

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gunpoint flash sale is $6, it's a stealth game but it's a bit more than that. Try the demo then buy in the next 4 hours.

Hey, quick word of warning about yesterday's daily deal since it's still up for a day. Do not buy Infestation: Survival Stories. It's The War Z under a new title and it still features all the shitty micro transaction pay to win crap and stolen materials that made the game so infamous to begin with.

Just played Mark of the Ninja for the first time for a three hour session after buying it a few days ago.

Holy fucking shit, this game rocks. Satisfying stealth and gorgeous visuals make for one hell of a game. Highly recommend it. Might want to hold off on buying it to see if it becomes a daily deal / flash deal again, but I'd say it's worth your time even later on at full price.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Payday the heist is only $5. Left 4 dead but with bank robberies, great game especially if you have other people to play it with.

I'm disappointed Bioshock Infinte hasn't gone down in price any since that one day, in fact they've added 25% back to its sale price from what the sale originally was >.>

Grabbed Reus, Super Meat Boy, Scribblenauts and GTA IV. Just hoping that Fez would come to larger sale again. (Some reason I didn't buy it day 1)

When the sale ends?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)