Strategic Synergy

INTRO

Hey guys, it's Justinawe with a really awesome team that I came up with. Basically, I just thought of 6 Pokemon that have good synergy with each other, then I came up with the movesets. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play test this, but a good friend of mine, Stone_Cold22, was able to. After 14 games he went 11-3, with 2 of those losses coming from hax. Now I know this team has some flaws, otherwise I wouldn't be coming here to get it fixed! Let me just say I feel this is one of the best teams I have ever made, and my play tester found it to be a "sick" team. Anyways, onto the team! All of the comments for each Pokemon came from his personal battle experience with it. Changes are in BOLD!

---
Bronzong @ Occa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/100 Def/36 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion

One of the most reliable leads in the game. In the 14 battles he played, this lead laid down rocks 90% of the time. Every other time he would switch to another poke to set up a favorable advantage. For the EVs we took the Smogon standard and changed it up a little for some extra bulk. Gyro Ball is that great move for STAB and hits most things hard. SR in order to achieve all the extra residual damage with my secret roarer. Hypnosis has been changed to EQ. During the testing he never really found it useful, while he said EQ would be nice for the common leads weak to ground. Occa Berry allows Zong to take a fire hit and send an EQ at the opponent. Explosion for late game or when a threat comes out that I can not beat. Changed some of the EVs in order to give him a little higher attack to do some more damage. Overall a very great defensive pokemon with its many resists and immunities.

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/124 Def/136 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost

Early game this guy gets sent in to scout the opponents team. Awesome switch-in to Scizor, Lucario, and Celebi, three very popular pokemon. For all of the Moltres sets, I find this one the most valuable. Stalltres has become a less used pokemon lately, and I've been wondering why. His bulk allows him to take hits like a champ, and stall out many pokemon. Say Ttar switches in while you sub. While he Stone Edges and breaks your sub, you Roost up. After subbing 3 times, guess what, Stone Edge is out of PP. Then Ttar either is forced to switch out if it's CB, or use a less powerful move while Moltres easily takes the damage. Flamethower for basic STAB, as Fire Blast is too low on PP. Toxic for the stalling, and SubRoost to just be that much more annoying. I can't think of any counters to this that the rest of my team can't handle. I boosted his speed up to 250 like DF said in order to outspeed some threats that run a few more points above 244. My play tester told me this guy stalled out nearly everything it faced. Truly one of the best stallers in the game.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/100 Def/216 Spd/56 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Starmie proves to be a very trustworthy Rapid Spinner, which definitely is necessary for this team. Moltres hates switching into rocks, and Starmie makes it that much easier for him. Standard EV spread from the analysis, and an amazing one at that. Surf for STAB and leaves a dent in anything not resisting it. Rapid Spin to get rid of the entry hazards. During the testing Gyarados proved to be a problem, so Tbolt was added for the KO on it. Looking over the team I decided to give Recover back to Starmie, as with LO it will need it even more now. With the EV investment in SAtk, it has a great chance of 2HKOing a Ttar switch in. Gyarados still has a hard time getting KO on this after a +1 LO DD, and only Adamant has a small chance of KOing this.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Extremespeed

The legendary SD set, truly one of the best sweepers in the game after an SD. This guy usually comes in to take the rock attack aimed at Moltres. My play tester told me Lucario proved to be the MVP in nearly all of his games. That just shows how great this set can be. Now all of the moves are standard on him. I wanted to keep Stone Edge, but my friend found Crunch to be a much better option for the last spot. Rotom-A can give this team a headache, so Crunch helps in taking it out of the game. He had also tested Jolly before switching back to Adamant. It just didn' have the power, and the things it would outspeed (Neutral Mence, Zapdos, Jirachi) mostly run over 306 speed. So Adamant in the end proved to be better because of its power boost.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

So I changed it to Specs, as apparently Stone found it to be a much better option. Charge Beam never worked for him, which seems very weird. So this beats the LO set in terms of power, but unfortunately is only limited to one move every time I switch in. The first three moves provide awesome coverage against basically everything except Magnezone, which pretty much everything else on my team can handle. Baton Pass for the last move as all it is really is a no damage U-Turn. Early game Stone would bring this out, then just Baton Pass to see what counters would come into this. Very cool set, and I think Specs will be best for this team.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Reflect
- Dragon Pulse

Ah Latias, you have replaced Mence as my dragon of choice. So Latias has some of the best utility moves you can ask for. Thunder Wave slows down any Pokemon trying to switch into her, definitely a bonus for my team, which has no scarfers and the highest speed is 394. Wish was the whole reason I chose this Latias set for the team. With two Life Orbers and 2 Pokemon that has no recovery at all, I felt Wish seemed necessary. The great thing about Wishing to Zong is that he resists both of the types Latias has a weakness to. Reflect is a new addition in order to better take on Tyranitar and help boost my team's defense. Of course Dragon Pulse for one attack that does decent damage, as well as only being resisted by one type. The EV spread puts her at 330 speed, enough out to outpace +spd base 100's and especially useful for Mence. Some bulk was lost through the change in spread, but it gives some extra power, which proves useful. Has awesome synergy with the rest of team as well. All of my Pokemon have a weakness that she has a resistance too. To me that shines as great synergy.

CONCLUSION

So that is the team! I made this with the intention of having some of the best synergy possible, and I feel the team has achieved that. Every type in the game is resisted in this team. No more than 2 of my Pokemon are weak to a single type. Although I haven't got to personally play this team yet, I trust my friend with the information he gave me about the team. So I hope you enjoyed this read that took me an hour to type.
So please, RMT!

So I wrote a strategy on how to use the team, if some people were wondering how to use it effectively.

zong sets up sr asap. If the lead is weak to eq or gyro, don't be afraid to attack them. Occa will help with fire attacks and allows him to never be ohkoed outside of a crit. it maybe tempting to use explosion right away, but try to save zong for later. Only explode if its hp is below 25 percent and it'll put u in a favorable situation. Starmie spins away any rocks asap in order for tres to get in safely. Use as ur primary gyara counter. With lo and tbolt, it can hold its own against most of them. Tres goes in and stalls out as many pokemon as possible. Always sub 1st turn u bring it in. Don't worry about tar switchins. Behind ur sub u can safely toxic them. If it crunches just sub again, then go switch to lucario right away, as it is probably cb. He can also come in on ghost or bug attacks aimed at starmie and latias. Set up sd and deal huge amounts of damage. Don't be afraid to crunch after u first sd. Ghosts love coming in on cc or es, so crunch is a nice surprise. When u predict a fire,fighting, or ground attack, go back to moltres for stalling(he stalls most heatran sets as well, so its not a problem.), or the beautiful dragon latias for wishing. Have her wish in order to heal someone who's low on health. When a pursuiter comes in, just stay in as u may have a chance of surviving. Always twave right away to slow them down. Go straight to luke as then u have a free turn to sd, assuming they are choiced. Zong and luke should be main switches to the wishpass, as they get worn down the most. Both resist dragon + ice, which proves helpful. While starmie and tres are in, prepare for a switch to jolt to absorb the elec attack. First time u bring it out though baton pass to see what their counters to jolt are. Some of the main ones are latias, ttar, and bliss. In order to take these out just pass to luke, who handles the latter 2 on a free switch in. For latias go for zong who easily 2hkos with gyro ball. Do whatever u can to remove the counter, or have them switch and lose hp from sr, as then jolt can clean up with specs tbolt late game. Tbolt kos mence and scizor after sr damage btw. Takes care of other pokes as well. Remember that latias has great synergy with every poke in the team, (it can take fire attacks aimed at zong, electric and grass attacks aimed at starmie, electric and water attacks aimed at tres, grd, fire, and fighting at luke, and grd aimed at jolt), so don't be afraid to switch it in and help scout by roaring and twaving. Spd should be increased to 330 though, to outspeed +spd base 100s, specifically mence and zapdos. That is the main strat to the team. Do ur best to keep rocks off ur side of the field,especially for moltres' sake. and give each pokemon their chance to shine. Good luck, and remember synergy is key!

Hey, this is an amazing team!

The only 'issue' I see would be against opposing Latias. Say they run a Refresh/Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Roost set. It can set up on Moltres and Starmie and maybe even on Jolteon.
After that, your only resort is to explode with Bronzong. I don't think Gyro Ball will 2HKO, but in any case Latias can probably run it out of PP.

Other than that, I don't really see any other common threats that could cause problems and most, if not all, play styles are covered. ~Beastly team.

Starmie with Hidden Power Fire needs to run 220 speed EVs to outrun base 110 speed Pokemon because said attack requires a speed IV of 30.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I love the team, but you have a gaping weakness to Jolly DD-LO Gyarados. It outspeeds Jolteon, and Ice Fang (a now common move on Gyara) really does put the hurt on Latias. Blowing up Bronzong is all you can do against it, so I recommend maybe dropping HP Fire on Starmie. You can revenge kill Scizor easily, but you don't even have a decent switch in on Gyara, which your Starmie (especially the way you EV'd it) provides, even if there are better switch ins.

Aside from that, cool team.

Doesn't Starmie require sp. atk ev's to ensure a ohko on Scizor?
I dunno but if it does I would certainly give them.

Big props for using Moltres in ou. A lot of players are afraid to use him.

Alright Get rid of hypnosis and put earthquake for metagross, and infernape leads and others weak to ground. I'm also saying this because hypnosis has a 10% accuracy drop in platinum and most of the good battlers consider it as dirt and it becomes 60% accuracy.
Which is very risky and earthquake is a lot more effective for many leads now a'days that are ground weak. So yeah.

I also support getting rid of Hypnosis, but it isn't necessarily crap (like Sing). It's only crap on fast, frail pokemon like Yanmega. On stuff like Bronzong that can take a hit, it's still not bad.

I know you think Moltres is good, but it's also out of place. On one hand, you have a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, and a spinner that can sweep in a pinch, and on the other you have a pokemon that should be used for UU stalling. I would suggest a Blissey, but I like Latias on this team as a wishpasser.

If you are running a balanced team, it can't function without a mixed sweeper. Without it, you don't have the power to break a stall, and the other guy can just keep going from Skarm to Bliss to Cress or whatever. I've lost countless games because of the same mistake.

So get a Mixape over Moltres. Take your pick from the Smogon page.

Now that you don't need a spinner, take a revenge killer to cover your DD Gyara/Mence weakness. Make sure it has over 100 speed or a priority Ice Shard.

---
Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thunderpunch
- U-turn
---

My personal favorite, a set modified from the Smogon dex (Thunderpunch for Gyara over Fire Blast).

In short, as this team is, an aggressive team can have set-up sweepers rip holes in it, and a stall team can switch-stall your guys out with Blissey and pals. We need a revenger and a mixed sweeper to stop this and let your guys do the sweeping.

I would recommend switching Lucario from adamant to jolly. The reason is that with jolly, you outspeed zapdos, salamence, and gyrados if they're running neutral natures (which is often). You could then hit them with a stone edge before they get the chance to kill you. You also get the advantage against other Lucario who usually go adamant which helps because you don't have to rely on a speed tie.

Alright who 4-star'd this team?
You suck this is 5-star!

Alright You need a choicer I would suggest add choice specs on Jolteon to help sp.atk and sweep closer to the late game also ditch the 4hp ev's on him jolteon since his hp goes to the high 200's it's really dirt put them in defense to help him.
Just go with choice specs because all I see is lum berry, lefties, and life orb.
Also like I said above it helps him sweep.

As someone mentioned..
Gyarados just runs through this team with ease, with Jolly nature ofc.
Hypnosis is a pretty bad move right now, I mean the accuracy is shaky at best, it is just way too much of a risk to use right now. I suggest Earthquake there.
Moltres is an eh for me. I was under the impression that Articuno did a better job of stalling, or Zapdos. Moltres seems more offensively built. Not a big fan of using birds to stall because of the mentioned Stealth Rock, even with Starmie you are facing trouble. Your Starmie absolutely gets walled, by Vaporeon/Gyarados/Latias and so many more, too many things can set up on it. I would drop either Charge or Thunderbolt on Jolteon, in favor of Baton Pass. A dry Baton Pass is still pretty powerful, and is definately more noteworthy then one of the electric moves there. Stone Edge on Lucario is a bad idea. The better options are Ice Punch or Crunch, take your pick. If it is Ice Punch make him Jolly, if Cruch make him Adamant. Ice Punch destroys Bulkymence more then Stone Edge, and with much BETTER accuracy. 4x weakness, makes up for damage difference. Crunch destroys bulky ghosts that otherwise wall you pretty well. Zapdos after an SD is destroyed by Ice Punch as well, since he has x2 weakness to both Ice Punch and Stone Edge. Once again, Crunch still does a number, so something you may want to think about. Not a big fan of that Latias, I would prefer to use a Dragonite with that set, not as much speed but better bulk, but he does have SR weakness which makes him unappealing...but with Starmie already there..

Ice Punch will not destroy Bulkymence, for the record. The only opportunity you have to hit him is when he switches in, because he's faster, and then intimidate and a lack of stab allow him to survive the hit as he EQ's Lucario into oblivion. Anywho, just nitpicking. =p

Alright I fixed some of the main problems some people were talking about. Let me know what you guys think of the revised version!

Your team looks great, but Moltres really looks out of place (though I give you credit for using it in OU). It has horrendous typing given how popular Stealth Rock and Stone Edge are. If you switch into Celebi, Scizor, or Lucario you're going to go in with 50% health. Lucario's Extremespeed is going to cause you problems. If you want a great Celebi, Scizor, or Lucario counter, Infernape or Heatran is the way to go.

If you want a great Celebi, Scizor, or Lucario counter, Infernape or Heatran is the way to go.
While both of them make good Celebi counters, Infernape is too frail to counter unless the Scizor or Lucario is choiced and locked on a resisted move like Bullet Punch and Heatran has a nasty weakness to Scizor and Lucario's fighting-type moves. Besides, it's not like Moltres is unusable in OU. You just need to know how to use him, and as long as you have a spinner to get rid of SR (which he does), you should have no problem using him.

I feel that Ice Beam really is not necessary on Starmie. Beyond forcing out MixMence or CB Mence or something, it really can't do much else vs. other Dragons. Flygon is usually scarfed, and DDMence completely dominates starmie like nothing else.

That said, I recommend this for Starmie: run Life Orb, and stick Recover back on Starmie. LO Surf is a very solid attack, as even without any EV investment, it has a good chance to 2hko 252 HP/0 SpD Rotoms that try to block your spin, and it does good damage against annoying Tyranitar and Scizor that switch in going for a Pursuit. Sure losing 10% health on a Rapid Spin is disappointing, but those 3 switch ins are so common, it is totally worth it. Recover back over Ice Beam because many of the dragons you will try to hit are scarfed (like Flygon) and you can't switch into Salamence anyway, and obviously to make up for health you will inevitably lose.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for taking my revision into consideration :).

Yeah I'm with chemnam in that Life Orb + Recover is the way to go on Starmie. Aside from a Jolteon Hidden Power Grass, there is absolutely no way that Salamence is getting in safely (even LO Tbolt + SR will hurt it like a bitch), and even if it does get a DD in against Jolteon, you still have Bronzong + Lucario's Extremespeed. I think with Life Orb, you 2HKO Rotom and Scizor as well as Tyranitar (not sure on the last one), which will greatly hinder your Moltres if they succeed in Pursuiting you. That and the fact that I believe your team should be more worried about Ttar (Crunch 2HKOes everything except possibly Moltres but I'd never switch that in on Tar) then Mence so LO is a good fit.

Wow. I gotta say, this team is just aight. It really isn't super, but it's not bad either. Sowy =[

Bronzong is a meh lead, there really isn't anything Zong does that Metagross doesn't do better. And btw even with the Occa berry, you still lose to Infernape and Heatran, because Heatran has Shuca and then outspeeds you for the second hit, and Nape is sashed. So it's really pointless. Make this a Meta lead or prove to me how Bronzong is better.

Moltres has no place on any team that wishes to be 100% effective. Forcing yourself to spin is always a bad idea. I really don't see what Moltres is doing that Zapdos or Rotom-H doesn't do better. They are the #1 Scizor counters for a reason. Please, just change this.

You shouldn't really ever have 2 Pursuit weak things on your team. Latias/Starmie is redundant, especially when Starmie can heal itself, as can Latias. The choice really is typing/power/movepool (Latias) vs. Speed/Spinning/Natural Cure (Starmie). I prefer Latias, as I like her offensive prowess, but some people swear by Starmie because of Natural Cure and the ability to beat Gengar. You don't need both; that's redundant and makes you T-tar weak (You are pretty T-tar weak btw) so really, just choose one and compensate on the rest of your team. Oh, you don't need Roar if all you have is SR. That's really not enough, and Latias doesn't have the defenses to be taking that kind of beating. I'd sugest kepp Starmie and get something more useful over Latias. Perhaps a T-tar counter?

Lucario's fine, good sweeper. This is just and option but I like Bullet Punch over Extreme Speed as it still has power and it keeps Gengar from coming in an ES, outspeeding you, and killing you with Focus Blast. Also, your team is fairly Gengar weak as the only thing that can sorta switch in on it repeadtedly and pose a threat is Bronzong, and repeated Shadow Balls will end that fast. Pursuit Metagross? I bet you can work pursuit onto the lead set anyway.

Jolteon's good. I like him; I prefer LO as you have the freedom to Baton Pass out spontaneously rather than as soon as you appear, but whatev. Either way, Jolteon is the best dry passser known to man.

Also, your team is mainly composed of special attackers. I can see Blissey stalling you out considerably, as well as SpDtar and Snorlax (Especially pusuitLax). Yes, Lucario can beat them all, but he won't like taking repeated/predicted SE hits (Brick break, EQ respectively) and he really won't like status from blissey. So I suggest you either become more physically based or get a mixed sweeper.

So things to fix:
-Metagross over Bornzong
-Starmie or Latias, not both
-Zapdos over Moltres (Rotom-H heightens the pursuit weak)
-Gengar/T-tar/Special Wall counters...

There might be more but fixing that should give you a good start =]

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this is a quick rate. I'm busy modding etc.

I was looking over the team, you have no reliable answer to a CB Tyranitar. One locked in Crunch has it's way with this team. You have 2 weaks, (4 with moltres since it's died with prior SR damage and Jolteon can't take a hit for her life). Which leaves you with Bronzong and Lucario. Lucario is the pokemon you're forced to switch in, and really isn't all to reliable. Prior Crunch damage, SR, and Life Orb damage will take it's toll on him, and eventually kill him. You do have a Wisher, but said Wisher is weak to Pursuit which basically...is crappy for you. I would probably suggest that you do 1 of a the things below.

Drop Moltres for a pokemon who can effectively take on Tyranitar. Gliscor/Machamp/Hariyama/Swampert etc. If you were to do that, it'd also free up a space on Starmie with you not having to worry about Stealth Rock as much.

You -could- try running a Reflect Zong, or something of the sort. That could help out a bit, but it really won't -solve- the problem. Reflect zong would allow you to better take on Gyarados/Salamence, so keep that in mind regardless.

Lastly you probably could run an Uber Scizor. That is extremely bulky, threatens out Tar, helps with your Latias "issue" and has reliable recovery. You could run this over your Jolteon/Moltres, as they are probably the two weakest link it seems.

I'm gonna edit in more as I go, just wanted you to see what I have so far etc.

Bronzong/Latias/Moltres/Lucario/Jolteon/Starmie, huh? Well let's see here....

Starting with the basics, I would suggest hypnosis on Bronzong rather than earthquake. Hypnosis can help with certain leads that can 2hko you...assuming it hits. It's always a good thing when it does hit. I suppose occa berry is better with the new platinum metagame....but lum berry should be concidered too. Machamp and Breloom still lead on occasion, and in which case lum berry would come in handy. You should also try and invest more attack ev's to strengthen that gyro ball and explosion.

Moltres is a Heatran magnet. You really can't do anything to it but stall it out, which is always boring. I guess that's the point of stall Moltres though. Either way, if the Heatran is faster than you (and most run max speed) it can just blow you up with explosion, so watch out for that.

Classic bulky Starmie. I question the need for a rapid spinner nowadays, what with Rotom all over the place. You sort of need it for Moltres though, But i'd rather just use another attacking move for coverage. Definately concider Surf/Hydro pump in place of one of those attacks, or just ditch rapid spin.

Lucario is a great sweeper. Without it, you would have constant stall outs with Blissey. Not too much to say really other than you could go jolly to outrun non +speed nature base 100's.

Jolteon looks fine too. I have doubts about Baton pass on a choice user, but I can see instances in which it comes in handy. Not such a good move if your opponent has up stealth rocks and spikes though.

I should hug you for using utility Latias rather than a retarded sweeping Latias. Good counter to alot of mixed sweepers, and just good utility as a whole. Two thumbs way up for that.

You should watch out for Heracross. It looks like it can pretty much tear you to peices if it gets in safely. It can also outrun your slower than usual Latias. Salamence is also a big deal. It's not easy to counter Salamence at all though, so I assume you know how to work around it. As rare as he has become, Gengar can also pose a threat to you. If it gets behind a sub, you will definately be losing a pokemon. Calm mind Latias won't be easy for you to beat either. It can kill everything you have after a calm mind, and it wont be easy for you to kill it. Toxic-stall Zapdos won't be fun for you. It can probably out stall you without much effort. Tyranitar hits everything you have and hard. You will have to rely on prediction to take him on...which is never good if you get outpredicted. The last thing i'll throw out is the popular scarf Flygon (why is this popular anyway?). Fire blast hits Bronzong, earthquake hits Lucario and Starmie, outrage hits Moltres, Starmie, and Latias, and u-turn gives him advantage on stuff like Latias and Starmie. You can probably take it on after it gets locked to whatever move it chooses, but switching out constantly is never good.

Anyway, just throwing some basic stuff out there.....not sure if it's going to help much.

seems like you would have big tyranitar problems. CBpursuit absolutely owns latias and starmie and to a lesser extent jolteon. with latias and starmie dead your moltres and bronzong are not going to be sticking around too long with no rapid spin/wish support so that's a pretty big deal imo. LO and some spatk evs on starmie might help that a little so you could 2hko ttar with surf as he switches in. latias is a little harder to protect but i guess you could look into running substitute or reflect on there somewhere if you were still concerned.

Alright I made some pretty big adjustments to the team, as it is now much more offensive then before. These will probably be the final adjustments to the team, unless someone can really convince me why their suggestion is the better option. Feel free to test this team out and let me know what you think of it!

Haha wow, anything I woulda said has been fixed. I do have to say that if you're going to be using moltres like that, I'd recommend a bit more speed. While it does beat jolly ttar, it at best ties with everything else that barely attempts to beat it (such as the celebi you mentioned). Running closer to around 246 or 247 speed might work better and occasionally save you the match with stalltres (who by himself wins matches =D)

Also, as a kind of mental note, watch out for any scarfers and play it safe. With lack of anything amazingly bulky (seeing as this is an offensive team) scarfers always have their way against offensive teams if they can get super effective hits, so be wary of those and just don't switch moltres in on hera's stone edge XDDDD

Tested this team out a lot of times. Except I'm terrible at predicting, so instead of Choice Specs on Jolteon, I used Life Orb. And I don't know why you decided on using Charge Beam at any time. I used Substitute for my Scouting needs over Baton Pass.

This team runs into several problems against Blissey. Not to mention with Seismic Tosses and Twaves or even the rare Flamethrower flying around, Lucario definitely doesn't really have a free switch for a free Swords Dance. Not to mention Bronzong can't really do anything to Blissey either, because Explosion can be predicted.

In short, this team needs a stronger Physical base or else it will be continually walled by Blissey since Lucario can't completely safely switch into Blissey and Swords Dance, and it needs the Swords Dance to really sweep teams.

In short, Royal definitely has the right idea, follow his advice and let's see what you can come up with.

Alright guys, I appreciate the help and I made a couple changes that should finalize the team. For those wondering how to use the team effectively, I wrote this strat.

zong sets up sr asap. If the lead is weak to eq or gyro, don't be afraid to attack them. Occa will help with fire attacks and allows him to never be ohkoed outside of a crit. it maybe tempting to use explosion right away, but try to save zong for later. Only explode if its hp is below 25 percent and it'll put u in a favorable situation. Starmie spins away any rocks asap in order for tres to get in safely. Use as ur primary gyara counter. With lo and tbolt, it can hold its own against most of them. Tres goes in and stalls out as many pokemon as possible. Always sub 1st turn u bring it in. Don't worry about tar switchins. Behind ur sub u can safely toxic them. If it crunches just sub again, then go switch to lucario right away, as it is probably cb. He can also come in on ghost or bug attacks aimed at starmie and latias. Set up sd and deal huge amounts of damage. Don't be afraid to crunch after u first sd. Ghosts love coming in on cc or es, so crunch is a nice surprise. When u predict a fire,fighting, or ground attack, go back to moltres for stalling(he stalls most heatran sets as well, so its not a problem.), or the beautiful dragon latias for wishing. Have her wish in order to heal someone who's low on health. When a pursuiter comes in, just stay in as u may have a chance of surviving. Always twave right away to slow them down. Reflect is another smart move to use right away. Go straight to luke as then u have a free turn to sd, assuming they are choiced. Zong and luke should be main switches to the wishpass, as they get worn down the most. Both resist dragon + ice, which proves helpful. While starmie and tres are in, prepare for a switch to jolt to absorb the elec attack. First time u bring it out though baton pass to see what their counters to jolt are. Some of the main ones are latias, ttar, and bliss. In order to take these out just pass to luke, who handles the latter 2 on a free switch in. For latias go for zong who easily 2hkos with gyro ball. Do whatever u can to remove the counter, or have them switch and lose hp from sr, as then jolt can clean up with specs tbolt late game. Tbolt kos mence and scizor after sr damage btw. Takes care of other pokes as well. Remember that latias has great synergy with every poke in the team, (it can take fire attacks aimed at zong, electric and grass attacks aimed at starmie, electric and water attacks aimed at tres, grd, fire, and fighting at luke, and grd aimed at jolt), so don't be afraid to switch it in and help scout by roaring and twaving. Spd should be increased to 330 though, to outspeed +spd base 100s, specifically mence and zapdos. That is the main strat to the team. Do ur best to keep rocks off ur side of the field,especially for moltres' sake. and give each pokemon their chance to shine. Good luck, and remember synergy is key!

Let me know what you guys think of the strategy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)