Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
3: This is very important but the damage calc is missing some moves. It kinda makes less room for creativity if i can't calc this crazy move i decided to run
5: Link to intro to competitive battling on ps page. Helps all the beginners get started. I already said this in the webzine, but yeah wrong timing for that.
6: Maybe some more battle music? Dunno it kinda gets repetitive, but i know theres copyright issues and stuff
8: Maybe have mod battles in "watch a battle" highlighted or be easily accessed. Staff battles are always nice and funny for everyone, but its easy to miss them
2) Many rooms don't allow links like battle replays or random pictures, in other rooms links play a big part. But having a staff member alerted as soon as a link is posted would be a bit cumbersome for staff and isn't necessary. Especially in rooms where links are commonly sent like Social Media or The Studio or even the lobby to some extent.
4) The general response to this is "if you want one, make one" Showdown staff are too busy to devote that much time to make a mobile app unfortunately.
6) I don't know how accurate this is but I recall talk of adding more music to the server would be extremely expensive.
7) Unfortunately its not possible to ban further than an ip and a server timeout may be possible if someone is willing to code that in.
9) They don't have a shield for tabcomplete but basically they spam and then switch accounts and since they are not online tabcomplete finds the next user with those letters before the spammer and unfortunately that ends up to be you and since the staff have no idea the spammer is offline because there is a small delay before the userlist or showjoins are updated they continue with the lock/mute/ban and then you become the victim. Unfortunately I don't see a clear solution to this problem.
2) Adding a .breaklinks parameter to boTTT which could add detect ``indexOf('[URLpart]')`` is a possibility which would allow ROs to automatically have boTTT break links from a certain sites or that contain any certain extension. This is an interesting thought and I'll talk to TTT about it.
3) You can set custom moves in the damage calculator by changing the values. It's actually possible to set every possible aspect of the calc to a custom aspect. Here is an example of calculating Necturna using Paleo Wave, just to show that how much freedom the calculator actually has. http://puu.sh/afGYm.png
5) Using cookies to detect a first time join and then producing a dialogue box with a few links and information might be nice. This would also double as a way to make spammers changing their IP address more annoyed at having to get past an additional dialogue box every time they switch accounts.
6) you can add music to your console if you download the application.
8) plz no
9) tab completing is far more useful than it is harmful. I doubt changes will be made to it aside from maybe adding the functionality of tab competing command parameters.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Could you implement the timer from the games? Like (i forget how long) a game can last? I think its an hour on 6v6 singles.
This isn't done because PS's move animations don't exactly synch with ingame animations and we have a bigger problem with lag than the games.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ok how about this. This might be weird, but how about a tier where you create/create an OU, UU, RU and NU and maybe some other tier teams, and a random tier gets chosen for you and a different or same one for the opponent, and you battle with your corresponding teams. That way, you could have cool battles between different tiers that test you skill if say you got nu and the opponent got ou. This would lead to teams built to take on pokemon from other tiers, leading to interesting sets. I think that this would be cool.

Ok how about this. This might be weird, but how about a tier where you create/create an OU, UU, RU and NU and maybe some other tier teams, and a random tier gets chosen for you and a different or same one for the opponent, and you battle with your corresponding teams. That way, you could have cool battles between different tiers that test you skill if say you got nu and the opponent got ou. This would lead to teams built to take on pokemon from other tiers, leading to interesting sets. I think that this would be cool.
I can already hear the complains of people saying the meta is entirely too luck based. There would essentially be no reason to not run extremely bulky teams for the higher tiers as OU as lower tiers basically are completely incapable of ever beating them if they're played well, conversely NU would have to run extremely aggressive teams to even stand a chance at breaking apart the higher tier teams.

What your suggesting would probably actually limit the number of viable sets more than you seem to realize and it would also be rather strange to try and implement, and even further it'd be a very time consuming and not very accessible meta. I don't mean to completely thrash your idea but it has enough reasons why not to do it over say any other OM that it's a kinda unreasonable request.

I don't know why I wrote this instead of sending you to the OM thread. That's a much better place to suggest a meta game. Talk it over their first before suggesting it here, as if the meta game itself isn't wanted by the community, there is no reason to even attempt to figure out how to implement it.

kevinrocks

lol i did write it in the om thread, but ill probably just get shot down there anyway, but thanks for answering

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but... in standard random matches, currently Chatot and Liepard are capable of disposing of entire teams on their own due to the fact stat totals are equalized.

Liepard is a speed focus with thunder wave, swagger (banned move in every format), foul play, and subsitute, allowing it to abuse the RNG's 50%/25% chance of being able to act at all.

Chatot is also a speed focus with Chatter and Boomburst. Chatter auto-confuses, when paired with high speed is nigh unbeatable. Boomburst is already quite powerful even without the STAB and rarity of soundproof in random matches.

kevinrocks

This isn't really important, and i could do the calc myself, but the damage calc is missing blast burn. I know its not used ever, but in 1v1, its pretty darn good, so i think that it deserves a calc.

How about a simple modification to the /join command

/join all ~~The user automatically joins all chat rooms (Could be reserved for global + and above)
/join list ~~The user will join all the rooms which he has in his list
~~/add list, lobby (Each code/title of the room could be put in manually /add list, espanol; /add list, mafia
~~/add list, chat (Adds the current room you are in to the list)
~~/remove list, lobby/chat (Removes room from the list)

I cannot see any difficulties with adding this into the code, I doubt it will put unnecessary stress on the server. The commands could act a lot like /highlight

It might not be a fundamentally important addition to the server, but for any member of the global staff who have to look over multiple rooms, a simple command would be great.

I want you to implement a group chat type thing.
  • It will be better because it saves time rather than copy and pasting all tof the text to other people.
  • A good way to talk to multiple friends
Those two are the main reasons why i want you to make it, it is easy af to make and it will make PS easier

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want you to implement a group chat type thing.
  • It will be better because it saves time rather than copy and pasting all tof the text to other people.
  • A good way to talk to multiple friends
Those two are the main reasons why i want you to make it, it is easy af to make and it will make PS easier
A group-PM like this is currently being worked on. However, it is unknown when it will be finished or if the server will be optimized to handle it.

I have a gamemode-suggestion for Pokemon Showdown. (Or how you wanna call it ^^)

In the new Editions X/Y you can, as we all know, do 2 vs 2 Battles.
And that would be a great addition to Pokemon Showdown!
It would make, playing Pokemon with friends, even more funny!
Please think about that :)
-MudkipKid

I have a gamemode-suggestion for Pokemon Showdown. (Or how you wanna call it ^^)

In the new Editions X/Y you can, as we all know, do 2 vs 2 Battles.
And that would be a great addition to Pokemon Showdown!
It would make, playing Pokemon with friends, even more funny!
Please think about that :)
-MudkipKid
We're not planning on implementing a tag team format yet, it isn't the programmers top priority to implement something like this.

How about a simple modification to the /join command

/join all ~~The user automatically joins all chat rooms (Could be reserved for global + and above)
/join list ~~The user will join all the rooms which he has in his list
~~/add list, lobby (Each code/title of the room could be put in manually /add list, espanol; /add list, mafia
~~/add list, chat (Adds the current room you are in to the list)
~~/remove list, lobby/chat (Removes room from the list)

I cannot see any difficulties with adding this into the code, I doubt it will put unnecessary stress on the server. The commands could act a lot like /highlight

It might not be a fundamentally important addition to the server, but for any member of the global staff who have to look over multiple rooms, a simple command would be great.
This is currently already in development but works pretty differently than you are recommending.

First of all, /join all would be a pretty terrible useless command as idling in every room doesn't really server much purpose and would just clog up room traffic. This can also be achieved by other means anyways so a command for it is a bit silly.

Second, the /join command is being made to allow multiple rooms to be joined at once, separating each room with a comma. (i.e. "/join art, neverused, tournaments") would join the art, neverused and tournaments room).

Thirdly, a command is being implemented called "/autojoin" which is very similar to what you recommend except it puts you in the rooms on the list when you open showdown, and will probably have a similar interface to the highlights command as far as editing the list.

As a side note, hopefully room alias names will be released soon as well, which would allow you to join rooms with longer names using their acronym. (i.e. ou = Overused, tvbf = TVbooks&Films)

This is probably a bit of a trivial suggestion, but could the drop-down menu to select your team list them in groups based upon the selected tiers, similar to the Format menu? It always looks strange to have a long list of "Other Teams" if you play multiple metas.

This is probably a bit of a trivial suggestion, but could the drop-down menu to select your team list them in groups based upon the selected tiers, similar to the Format menu? It always looks strange to have a long list of "Other Teams" if you play multiple metas.
Please explain why you think identifying every team format is more clear than than only specifying which ones are the format you have selected.
Also note that you can re-order your teams using the backup import/export feature if you want one of your teams to always stay towards the top of the other teams section.

Would updating the sprites for pokemon be possible? We're still using the old B/W sprites when we could be using the newer, and better sprites.

For example:

----->

----->

----->

I've been thinking of this one for a long time; wouldn't it be really nice if we could have a "Make-Your-Own-Pokemon" or custom Pokemon system? It would just be a blank pokemon on the list called "Custom" -- when opened in team builder, you could edit its base stats, moves, set it to any ability, set its typing... et cetera. It'd be a great tool for people making/balancing fakemons, or even just speculating the stats of new ones.

As for the custom poke's sprite, we could just allow people to set it to any existing sprite (or use ditto lol), so we won't have the hassle of people having to use their own sprites. Even cooler if we could export our custom pokemon as text, and share it with people! Could we get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)