SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey there! I've been looking all over the internet for a place to ask this, and I found this site. I'm trying to think of a team that I can catch naturally (aka no trading/transferring) that would see me through the entire main story. I picked Rowlett as my starter Pokemon. I'm not asking for like a competitive team or anything, just a solid 6 pokemon that would give me good coverage throughout the game. I'll start being competitive after I beat the game >:3
You'd be wanting a look at the tier list, then.
Edit: contains spoilers? I mean I'm not sure to what extent you want to avoid them, so fair warning.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-moon-in-game-tier-list.3587886/

I just started playing pokemon this year and I discovered you can get the PERFECT pokemon by breeding. I watched some videos on Youtube about it but they just confuse me more and more. If the parent pokemon has best iv on Speed, will that iv go to Speed as well for the offspring or different stat? And also, which parent will give that iv to the offspring? The father or the mother Or both? If you guys dont get anything im saying, I'm sorry I cant explain that well. So please tell me everything about Iv breeding if you didnt understand me. Thank you! :)
In addition to the explanations already given, you can use the power items (The ones used for EV training) to guarantee a specific stat is passed down (Having a parent hold the one that increases speed EVs will guarantee that the speed IV of the parent holding it will be passed down). This is mostly obsolete due to the Destiny Knot (Especially if you have a parent with 6 IVs), but is good to note.
And, in case it wasn't already clear from the previous explanations (IVs took me a while to learn too lol), here's an example from how I've bred stuff:
Start with a parent of the pokemon you want to breed (Magikarp for this example):
Your starting Magikarp has IVs of xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx (xx is usually used to signify a non-31 IV). You have a parent with 6 31 IVs (Ditto for this example). Throw a Destiny Knot on a pokemon, and if a parent has the nature you want, put an everstone on that parent. The offspring could A: inherit all stats from Magikarp, B: inherit all stats from Ditto, or C: inherit a mix from both (The most likely). The stats inherited are random; it just picks a mix of 5 stats from the parents.
You hatch 5 Magikarp. You check the IVs and find that the best Magikarp has 31/31/xx/xx/31/xx. In this example, you probably don't care about the special attack stat, so your eventual goal will be a 31/31/xx/31/31/31 Magikarp.
You then use the best Magikarp in place of the xx/xx/xx/xx/xx/xx Magikarp from earlier. You hatch 5 more, and find the best one is 31/31/31/31/xx/31. You use this as the new parent, and from there you eventually get the 31/31/xx/31/31/31 Magikarp. Hope this helped somehow, it's a bit rambly lol, sorry.

Any good way to get Celesteela to level 100? I feel it's too passive to take on the Elite 4 and will be a bigger time sink than my other Pokemon.

Any good way to get Celesteela to level 100? I feel it's too passive to take on the Elite 4 and will be a bigger time sink than my other Pokemon.
Lucky Egg + Exp Share while sweeping the E4 with another Pokemon? Bonus points if you trade it away to a friend :P

Max Friendship in Refresh to which doesn't require a friend or extra copy of the game.
Isn't there that special way to level up pretty fast using Rare Kitchen meals or something along that line? I remember them giving somewhere along the lines of 6+ levels at and above level 60, so that's definitely something to look into for more long-term plans.

Isn't there that special way to level up pretty fast using Rare Kitchen meals or something along that line? I remember them giving somewhere along the lines of 6+ levels at and above level 60, so that's definitely something to look into for more long-term plans.
Did you mean to quote Siggu's post? I was responding to his point about the trading boost (which, afaik, does not stack with the Friendship boost but correct me if I'm wrong).

After you get Festival Plaza rank 30, 4 and 5 star rare kitchens can sell mass-level up products.

A rare kitchen **** has a Rare Dinner, which gives 7 levels for a pokemon level 79 and under. It costs 100 FC and can be bought once a day.

A rare kitchen ***** has Rare Dinner and a Rare Buffet, which gives 9 levels for a pokemon level 89 and under. It costs 300 FC and can be bought once a day.

It takes some investment working in the festival plaza (fortune tellers can help with this), but it has a good payout.

Edit: Quick question, if you breed a male with a ditto, does it have the same odds of passing it's ability as if you breed a female with a ditto?

Yeah, I read something on the lines of getting as many 5-star Rare Kitchens as possible, although it costs a metric ton of FC :P

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
hey there! I've been looking all over the internet for a place to ask this, and I found this site. I'm trying to think of a team that I can catch naturally (aka no trading/transferring) that would see me through the entire main story. I picked Rowlett as my starter Pokemon. I'm not asking for like a competitive team or anything, just a solid 6 pokemon that would give me good coverage throughout the game. I'll start being competitive after I beat the game >:3
To be quite honest, most Pokémon will do fine enough. You have to actually try if you want a team that can not beat the game in some fashion or another (DHR-107 sometimes does "shitmons" runs with a team of the worst Pokémon in the entire game, and with some planning one can still overcome it). Just don't repeat types, and you'll have most of the coverage you need. Turn on the Exp. Share (or rather, don't turn it off), maybe use Poké Refresh, and keep your Bag stocked full of healing items, and you'll have few problems, (almost) no matter which Pokémon you choose.

You can also check out this thread to see what others have been using or plan to use.

Drill run, while good, isn't available without move tutors.

I don't really know the calcs for Mimikyu vs ghosts, but I think it would threaten them. That is, if Mimikyu starts unharmed.

Togekiss might be a good lucario replacement, good offences and speed, as well as better bulk and support moves. Give it Air Slash and you got a lot of flinches.
Well, then I have to hope that when we get Mega Bee, we get tutors too. Although once Bank opens up again, I can just breed Beedrill over in X/Y, teach it Drill Run in ORAS, and then send it to SuMo.

Either Lucario and Gyarados, or Togekiss and Toxapex it is, then. Don't need to double the Ground weakness there with Lucario and Toxapex together. I might go with TogaTox, as that actually makes my team kind of ridiculously bulky for the damage it can do outside of Bee and Disguise-less Mimi.

Also, just because I've always liked it and it got buffed, how would Mantine work paired with Lucario over Gyrados? A Sp.Def wall that compliments H-Rotom's Def walling at the expense of killing power, or is that too much of a drop in killing power when judging the full team?

Last edited:
What pokemon in sun and moon do you need to complete the pokedex? Or what pokemon *don't* you need, since that will be a smaller list. I'm assuming just Marshadow and Magearna?

you can always use X items to set up in the first pokemon and then sweep with more ease. A single X attack/X special doubles your power.

you could also invest into Attack/Sp.Att Evs while training and after getting to lv100 fix the EV spread.

you can also switch back and front with a stronger sweeper so it gets the full exp but doesn't actually fight. Lunala can take even super effective hits with ease on switch ins, and most of the time get back to 100%HP with leftovers preserving shadow shield. Mine is at lv95 already and is timid, so I can't really confirm, but the only things lunala can't OHKO in the E4 are Olivia's carbink and probopass, but they don't do damage at all, except for carbink getting 2 turns to settle stealth rock. Maybe Kukui's snorlax too, unless you run psyshock instead of psychic.

The only problem with getting to lv100 now is that we had it too easy before. but at least is still better than in RSE without lucky eggs and the affection boost.

Does anyone know where to look up your own stats in Festival Plaza? Like Caring Rank, Materialism Rank and stuff like that. I'm probably being an idiot, but I can't find it anywhere.

there's individual rankings?
If you check other people in Festival Plaza, looking at their profile will reveal a bunch of rankings on statistics (each in categories, ex battle, trade, caring) based on who is in the plaza. This allows you to see in-depth detail of how they played, yet, like Caramel Prisoner, I have no idea how to access your own.

Do the Power Items still pass down 1 IV when breeding haven't done this for years so thought I would ask before I try.

Has a repeatable doubles-battle been found yet?

I'm thinking of raising a Smeargle for in-game purposes. However, I can't seem to find a good way to get Smeargle to Sketch in this game. Usually, there's some double-battle (X and Y had Restaurant Le Nah) that could be repeated for Sketching purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)