SPOILERS! Sun & Moon In-Game Discovery Thread

so far, here's what's found : gengar, scizor, pinsir, aerodactyl, lucario, kanga, gyarados, absol, alakazam, garchomp, sableye, metagross, sharpedo, slowbro, glalie, salamence

it's simple : is the pokemon in the aloladex? if not, no stone in the battle tree shop. It might be elsewhere, given that you can get red/blue orb and soul dew.
Thank you a lot Kainazoo.
That means current OU Mega which are legal consist of:
Aerodactyl, Pinsir, Scizor, Gyarados, Absol, Alakazam, Garchomp, Sableye, Metagross, Sharpedo, Slowbro and Glalie.

This is a huge difference... to what is allowed during ORAS.

After 18 hours of playing and feeling like I'm seven again, I think I've discovered that these are the best Pokemon games.
I'm starting to feel the same way -- I miss a few things like the gym's, but so far the right amount of progress and nostalgia/familiarity.

I'm sure 20years ago we all dreamed about flying around on a .... and now we actually can!

Thank you a lot Kainazoo.
That means current OU Mega which are legal consist of:
Aerodactyl, Pinsir, Scizor, Gyarados, Absol, Alakazam, Garchomp, Sableye, Metagross, Sharpedo, Slowbro and Glalie.

This is a huge difference... to what is allowed during ORAS.
Red/Blue give you the Kanto starter stones as well, I believe

I wonder how they'll give away the rest, since waiting for a new set of games makes no sense; you'd be locked out of megas for over a year. Global Link battle competition prizes? Random events?

Red/Blue give you the Kanto starter stones as well, I believe

I wonder how they'll give away the rest, since waiting for a new set of games makes no sense; you'd be locked out of megas for over a year. Global Link battle competition prizes? Random events?
Nintendo Swich is close to release, like... 4 months? They have almost NOTHING, and the Nintendo 3DS showed already not the best performance, as well it is starting to limit game features.
So my guess is they will make a new game for Swich the next year, I am not sure if it will be some Sinnoh (or old zone Remake) or even a sort of "Pokemon Eclipse" featuring Sun Moon but with way more things in it.

Also, if Mega Stones are banned from competitive gameplay anyway at VGC I wouldn't even bother about them, plus I never liked them, some could have been standard evolutions or changes to old pokes like Pinsir, Beedril, Pidgeot etc in order to make them "good" instead others like Garchomp, Tyranitar, Metagross which didn't need them to be decent.

PD: Anyway remember Mistery Gift or event by PokeBank, that could be easy and seems the common posibility.

So uh, about the wild Pokémon summoning thing.

On Route 3, wild Bagons actually have a chance to summon a Level 10 Salamence.

That's kinda weird but also kind cool since we could basically get a free almost legend near the beginning of the game.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fire Stone: Diglett Tunnel, head west from the entrance, the item is behind rocks removable by Tauros.
I like how it took me stumbling into this thread to notice that there IS a Diglett Tunnel Returns in this game...I might have to add Diglett into my in-game team for that reason alone.

How do you get Crabrawler to show up? I spent probably an hour searching for one yesterday and none showed up. Is there a trick to get them to appear? Are they day only encounters?

How do you get something to appear under the berries? I just get berries every time.
EDIT: Never mind, found one
I can't state it as fact, BUT i tend to find the along the coast, closer to water more frequently have them. Just look for something else or put something week to crabrawler in slot 1 with low HP and you're bound to find one. I almost got wiped out with 1 pokemon and 8hp (thankfully got away)

Ema Skye

Work!
How far into the SOS chains do you need to go before getting hidden abilities?

I need my Snow Warning Vulpix.

Marker 1 (Check updates)

NB: Ignore this, its a reminder. Smogon goes funny this time of the night on me and after spending ~1.5hrs updating my OP with contributions it timed out.

It seems like Oranguru cannot be summoned via SOS battles, so its Hidden Ability (Symbiosis, could give it even more cool options in Doubles) is not available. This is a shame... Is it the same with Passimian in Sun? Defiant is a rather solid option as well...

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
It seems like Oranguru cannot be summoned via SOS battles, so its Hidden Ability (Symbiosis, could give it even more cool options in Doubles) is not available. This is a shame... Is it the same with Passimian in Sun? Defiant is a rather solid option as well...
Unfortunately, Defiant Passimian isn't available either

Has anyone found out how to get more than one of each Apricorn Ball? I refuse to believe they put those back into the game and limited each to one.

Has anyone found out how to get more than one of each Apricorn Ball? I refuse to believe they put those back into the game and limited each to one.
There's a ball shop and a "johto tent" in the festival plaza that I assume would start stocking them but I have no idea how to upgrade them and for all I know it's dependant on the trainer running them.

something no one ever talked about as i was lamenting the lack of rematches and such was: Sushi Highroller is back.

OF ALL THE RESTAURANTS. It's the worst one! An absurd money sink with awful puzzle battles with no way to make a profit.

Ema Skye

Work!
something no one ever talked about as i was lamenting the lack of rematches and such was: Sushi Highroller is back.

OF ALL THE RESTAURANTS. It's the worst one! An absurd money sink with awful puzzle battles with no way to make a profit.
They actually battle in that one?

I went there, paid the $4k and got 4 Heart Scales out of it with no battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)