Sun/Moon Random Doubles Battle Sets

I ran into a Mesprit set today that I thought was somewhat problematic, which was Choice Scarf Mesprit with Psychic/Trick/Calm Mind/Substitute. There's no proof of that in the replay as I only used one move with it the entire match (shocker!), but I'll include it below anyways. I suppose in theory it technically has Trick, so it's not like an objectively dumb thing, but I still think it's pretty bad and should be fixed. Even ensuring Choice'd sets have two functioning attacks would go a long way. (Psychic/2nd Attack/Trick/Sub is probably ok, for example)

Link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-750877630

Also about the Hariyama set I posted earlier--no I don't know its other moves. The only one I know is Helping Hand, which is the only other thing it did in the game.

I ran into this: I recieved a Stunfisk that not only had Limber (a useless ability on it since it's part electric) but it also had a Cheri Berry (Out of all items) which would cure it from a Paralysis that it couldn't receive. Why does this exist again? Bit odd if you ask me.
Small Showdown.png

Another weird one: got a Shaymin-Sky with HP Fire, Earth Power, Substitute, and Air Slash. Didn't save the replay but in chat we agreed this set was questionable.

A couple arceus forms are running around with low bp spread utility moves as their only form of stab and then getting a z-crystal generated with it. Darkium-z snarl arceus dark + icium-z icy wind arceus ice come to mind. Any way to program for this not to happen? A 100 bp z move is really really underwhelming.

Last edited:

TDA

formerly The Dark Alakazam
Heyo, I have several people still complaining about Guts Dynamic Punch Machamp and Sheer Force Fake Out Hariyama. I don't have any screenshots, however the github data corroborates these accounts, as well as the previous posts discussing these sets. Hope something can be done, thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)