Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

leParagon

I'm still around, don't worry
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hope that you and Wobble stay safe. )': It appears that Manila is at least out of the typhoon's center, but my thoughts are with you both.
thanks for that! not sure what city Wobble lives in, but his university campus is nearer to Manila than mine is. not sure if his classes are suspended either, but in my city it was. weather was clear this morning but then around 1pm it rained like Primal Kyogre awoke

Layell thanks for working on the colors :D i dig it, although i think the coconut's shade is kinda dark. that's the only thing though, but thanks again :D

i recolored the starters for you guys
shiny starters.png

also here's Minior
minior rocky.png

and front sprite for Oricorio
oricorio pau.png

I wanted to take a shot at one of the new leaked Pokemon - without a doubt the ultimate Alolan Form.

I don't know how differently he'll play in battle, but I figured it'd be nice to have just in case there's any major differences. I'll be making the back sprites at some later point.

leParagon

I wanted to take a shot at one of the new leaked Pokemon - without a doubt the ultimate Alolan Form.

I don't know how differently he'll play in battle, but I figured it'd be nice to have just in case there's any major differences. I'll be making the back sprites at some later point.
it's actually just Ash-Pikachu, not an Alolan form i think. but great job nonetheless!

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Here's a slightly more polished Mudsdale sprite, now with shinies.

Sunfished helped me a little bit with this back in September, as his biggest change to the sprite was raising the neck. Below is a progress gif. It starts with the sprite in my last post, then has one frame of sunfished's edits, and then the proceeding frames are my edits to his edits.

Muk, the Alolan of rainbow garbage, now in sprite form.

Alolan Dugtrio is next because Dugtrio was my favourite gen 1 mon, and he is not escaping from me.
What I'm just honestly wondering about is how we're going to handle the color shifts if this is ever animated. I'd imagine that'd be a pain for any animator to tackle.

Anyway, very nice sprite, as always, Layell. Keep up the great work.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While its doable, to preserve my or (or any other animator's) sanity, it probably would be better to only make the colors wiggle around slightly at the very most. None of the bw animations flow that way so doing so would prob not fit well with the other animations.

leParagon

fixed some small things on Oricorio's front. made the back a little while ago
oricorio pau.png

also i've been working on some of the leaked sprites here and there for DA. i was thinking maybe i could show you guys the few i've made so far. maybe we could use them so that it's easier on some of you guys :)
crabrawler evo.png
morelull evo.png
pikipek evo.png
pikipek final.png
i changed a lot of proportions on Morelull, wasn't sure if it'd work or not. Pikipek's final, i still plan on sprucing up some of the proportions a bit more. i think i can make a backsprite for Pikipek's evolution since they don't seem to have any hidden pattern on their backs. Crabrawler's evo, i'm pretty sure it has a purple patch with blue lines on its back as well, but i'm not sure how or where it's positioned. Morelull evo's top would be slightly visible in its backsprite, and i can't really decipher the pattern on its top from the in-game model. so i think it'd be better to wait on some other references

also Pikipek and Crabrawler evolutions are the first sprites i've ever dithered, not counting UB01 xD

shinies i made earlier (i worked on some of Wobble's sprites too):
pikipek evo shiny.png
dartrix shiny.png

didn't get to sprite too much today, but i'll make up for it :P

PS i just noticed Crabrawler's evo's tummy patch looks like it could be a bit more centered. will work on that tomorrow!

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of you might remember we had a spriting channel on irc, but that is long dead. Smeargle's Studio has their own discord and we can use the #sunmoon room to discuss all the juicy leaked content. Feel free to talk there about sprites in real time: https://discord.gg/X5Bcjmt

Uh, is there any sprites left i can do?
I would hope so! Just read the first post and all will be explained to you : )

The Cynical Poet regarding your Pikachu hats, that isn't the BW sprite, so will you be making matching backs?

leparagon just don't forget you might want to do the backs for Bewear and Type Null, as well as the Torracat pose.

I'll pack up all the sprites again by November 15th, unless the games leak early.

Instead of being productive and working on something new, I revamped Bounsweet yet again

761.png
761b.png

761s.png
761sb.png

Tried to make it resemble the official art more by elongating the side leaves (thanks TrainerSplash) and making the diaper part more diaper-y.

diaper_fruit.png

leparagon Crabrawler's evo and Pikipek's middle evo look solid, but a flying pose might be better-suited for Pikipek's final evo. Also, I realized this just now, but one potential drawback of spriting the leaks before release is we're still missing info on what sizes they're supposed to be. Needless to say, we can make our best guesses for now, but some of them might require resizing later.

The Cynical Poet Any particular reason you didn't use Pikachu's BW sprite? It would help them look more consistent with the ORAS cosplay forms.

Wobblebuns and leparagon should totally join the Smeargle's Studio Discord ;n;

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cynical Poet Any particular reason you didn't use Pikachu's BW sprite? It would help them look more consistent with the ORAS cosplay forms.
There's no reason in particular that I didn't use the BW Pikachu sprite - I just like variation when it comes to sprite forms. I'd be more than willing to recreate the hats in the BW sprite if you'd prefer (it'd really just be a simple copy-paste with a bit of touch-ups), but I feel that it looks bland to see the same sprites all across the board when it comes to different, yet similar, forms. Besides - to my knowledge, this isn't just any Pikachu, it's Ash's Pikachu. So I feel he deserves a bit more of a dynamic pose to set him aside from all other Pikachu's anyways.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm releasing the Kraken:

Ultra Beasts can now be sprited just don't be a dumb, and only do so if you are 100% sure of your abilities and references provided.

In the absence of formal names for most of them, we will use the following:

(I would still appreciate things that have references getting sprites first)

Last edited:
RESERVING UB-02 BEAUTY SINCE WOBBLE AND LEPARAGON PREVIOUSLY CLAIMED UB-01 AND UB-02 ABSORPTION RESPECTIVELY

also the other day I gave an Oricorio Pom-Pom wip I had to aXl for edits

There's no reason in particular that I didn't use the BW Pikachu sprite - I just like variation when it comes to sprite forms. I'd be more than willing to recreate the hats in the BW sprite if you'd prefer (it'd really just be a simple copy-paste with a bit of touch-ups), but I feel that it looks bland to see the same sprites all across the board when it comes to different, yet similar, forms. Besides - to my knowledge, this isn't just any Pikachu, it's Ash's Pikachu. So I feel he deserves a bit more of a dynamic pose to set him aside from all other Pikachu's anyways.
I feel like the BW sprite would be more optimal since it would simplify the animation process. The DP sprite's facial expression is also somewhat derpy.

Last edited:
I'm releasing the Kraken:

Ultra Beasts can now be sprited just don't be a dumb, and only do so if you are 100% sure of your abilities and references provided.

In the absence of formal names for most of them, we will use the following:

(I would still appreciate things that have references getting sprites first)
just going to reserve totem hands for my eventual use

leParagon

Null sprites and shiny:
type null.png
type null shiny.png
added the right hind leg on front sprite, moved and shrunk tail on back a bit

Bewear backsprite:
bewear.png
with pom's colors from the front sprite she qc'd
Expansion sprites from my DA with minor color changes to accomodate for shiny:
expansion.png
expansion shiny.png
lol the shiny is literally the Hulk. backsprite will come soon

Last edited:
Update:
Chatted with pom and leparagon, they both agreed to let me do all of the Tapu chain for consistency sake. So reserving all tapu after finishing Vikavolt. May get to other prior reservations later but since there seems to be good support for me doing these three and I'm eager to do it personally, going to focus these down next.

Head was edited to show only one eye, as suggested by pom + shinies!

New

Old

EDIT: Color correction for Oricorio Sensu's shiny backsprite ;3;

- - -

Finally more satisfied with Tsareena's new face. Also repositioned the big hair swirl + back and shinies! (Props to the guy/gal who made a Tsareena model complete with shots of it from the back; I can't seem to find the source right now. Still, back sprite needs work uhuhu)

New

Old

EDIT: Hair swirl for the front sprite was edited back to the original and correct position.

Last edited:

leParagon

wifi has been wonky for a few days. here's the new Torracat pose:
torracat.png
backsprite to follow very soon

WTFcrab UB sprite with shiny (open to updating when theres a better reference image):
wtfcrab.png
wtfcrab_shiny.png
lessened the number of teeth to retain each tooth at a respectable size
i realized i can't make backsprites for this UB yet because it has no reference

qc on Ninetales
ninetales.png
made face slimmer and changed the tail to be more accurate. made some parts fluffier and changed colors to make them more visible and to minimize color count. also changed black outlines because the old one had it on almost the whole sprite. also removed some unnecessary antialiasing/shades. i didn't really change as much as it seems or sounds xD

also qc on Mudsdale
mudsdale.png
changed front legs cuz horses' legs dont bend backwards. i understand why the leg was raised but the direction it bent was the way a cat's arm bends, not a horse. i made it stand straight so it's easier to animate.made it a wee bit smaller since it was larger than all the other equine sprites. used mostly the same colors but changed some of the shades to provide better contrast. made leg puffs fluffier and cleaned the face a bit more. same as Ninetales wherein i didn't actually change as much as it seems xD

backsprites coming soon too

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)