Super-Effectivemons

such as how pure Fire is Edgequake all by itself.
It's even better than EdgeQuake, though. Why settle for Earthquake and Stone Edge when you have Thousand Arrows and Diamond Storm?

Speaking of Fire types, it's kind of hard to decide which is scarier; Darmanitan with Sheer Force Diamond Storm, or Mega Charizard X with Tough Claws Head Smash.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sub-question: What about Pokemon that can change Form(e)s? Can Shaymin learn Rock moves because it's Sky Forme is weak to Rock? Does Rotom get ALL the moves? If yes, does this apply to in-battle Form(e) changes too, such as Meloetta gaining access to Flying, Psychic, and Fairy moves due to its Pirouette Forme being weak to those? (Would Darmanitan have to be running Zen Mode as its Ability to get Dark and Ghost moves, if so?)

Also, is this only released moves? The OP doesn't say either way. (Really, the OP could stand to be improved in general)
I originally said no to different forms sharing the same moves, but I think I'll change that rule and say yes, so Rotom-W can use Overheat because Rotom-Mow is weak to Fire, Shaymin can use Stealth Rock because Shaymin-Sky is weak to Rock, etc... And yes, in-battle form changes count, so Meloetta gains Flying-, Psychic-, and Fairy-type moves since Pirouette Form is weak to them, but Darmanitan will need Zen Mode to use Dark- and Ghost-type moves.

Finally, released moves are indeed available for use. And yes, the OP definitely needs a revamp lol. I'll get to that whenever I have time.

Tyranitar @ Power Herb
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Ability: Sand Stream
-Geomancy
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
-Flash Cannon

Tyranitar could run a neat Quiver Dance set, but why use Quiver Dance if you can Geomancy?

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Shift Gear
-Stone Edge
-Precipice Blades / Earthquake
-Close Combat / Crabhammer

The physical alternative.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Smooth Rock
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Sticky Web
-Stealth Rock / Spikes
-Heal Order
-Crunch / Stone Edge

T-Tar gets a cool movepool as an offensive hazard setter, can't let that go to waste. You could even run Aromatherapy over one of the hazards.

Last edited:
I originally said no to different forms sharing the same moves, but I think I'll change that rule and say yes, so Rotom-W can use Overheat because Rotom-Mow is weak to Fire, Shaymin can use Stealth Rock because Shaymin-Sky is weak to Rock, etc... And yes, in-battle form changes count, so Meloetta gains Flying-, Psychic-, and Fairy-type moves since Pirouette Form is weak to them, but Darmanitan will need Zen Mode to use Dark- and Ghost-type moves.

Finally, released moves are indeed available for use. And yes, the OP definitely needs a revamp lol. I'll get to that whenever I have time.
So if I'm reading that right, the rotom forms have a crazy amount of utility with access to spikes, t-spikes, rocks, sticky web, spore, and dark void

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level 1
Hardy Nature
-Substitute
-Ice Shard / Toxic Spikes
-Endeavor
-Leech Seed

Imagine the possibilities for other FEARs.

I got one question for you: what are those Are you allowed to use moves from megas, as they are a lot like another form that is changed in battle and some get a type change. It's probably answers in the 12 pages, but some people might not see it. If so, Altaria+Shift Gear is a thing.

canno

formerly The Reptile
What's funny about the Rotom formes is that all of them get their STABs due to each one being weak to each other...except Rotom-Fan. First it was Levitate + Flying-type, and now it doesn't even get Flying STAB. Poor Rotom-Fan - at least its movepool is amazing now.

What's funny about the Rotom formes is that all of them get their STABs due to each one being weak to each other...except Rotom-Fan. First it was Levitate + Flying-type, and now it doesn't even get Flying STAB. Poor Rotom-Fan - at least its movepool is amazing now.
Rotom is weak to Rotom
Rotom-Fan is weak to Rotom-Frost
Rotom-Frost is weak to Rotom-Heat
Rotom-Heat is weak to Rotom-Wash
Rotom-Wash is weak to Rotom-Mow
Rotom-Mow is weak to Rotom-Fan

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
(to anyone who sees that post, nevermind it, i just saw the recent post) so basically rotom gains access to rock, fire, water, poison, grass, ground (immunities via abilities don't count), bug (bring on the heal order/ quiverdance rotom W), fighting, ghost, dark, ice, it gets so many options. def a top tier threat that can easily suprise its opposition. seriously, it can run so many things.

shaymin gets new rock attacks, not too much really but still something. stealth rock is nice to have.

castform gets rock, ground, electric, and water moves...nothing really noteworthy...

darmanitan actually gets a fair bit, at first i was going to shrug it off. but then i remembered, it gets dark moves. so thats something. other then that, it gets ghost...meh.

wormadam gets...flying, bug, water, ice, rock and fire interchangably which is cool. it can probably run a nice quiver dance set or something, nothing too overwhelming.

melo can run flying, psychic, fighting and fairy moves. all pretty good additions.

and hoopa u gets dark and ghost. void/quiverdance anyone?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Before I list some stuff I think is cool, I have a question. Can Water-types that are weak to Freeze-Dry receive Freeze-Dry?

Mach Punch Terrakion looks neat for a Band set
Keldeo with Volt Switch and Oblivion Wing is also really cool
Special Tyranitar with Quiver Dance, Origin Pulse, and Aura Sphere could be a thing
Quiver Dance Alakazam/Mega Alakazam/Meloetta/Starmie :o
Breloom with Icicle Spear/Ice Shard
Bolt Strike Mega Charizard X seems great, absolutely destroying bulky Waters lol
WoW Ferrothorn
Ice Beam Serperior, as well as the obvious Overheat/V-Create
Weavile can run the lord set of Fake Out/Ice Shard/Mach Punch/Bullet Punch rofl
Volcarona can now run Origin Pulse for Heatran and other Fire/Rock types, as well as Oblivion Wing for recovery and coverage
Mega Ampharos with Earth Power seems fun too

Might think up more stuff later, and I'll build a team soon too, this meta seems really interesting :]]]

EDIT: And Entei gets Diamond Storm and Precipice Blades :D

EDIT 2: And Dragalge gets Earth Power for Steel-types!!

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before I list some stuff I think is cool, I have a question. Can Water-types that are weak to Freeze-Dry receive Freeze-Dry?
Nope. While Freeze Dry does hit Water-types super effectively, it's only an exception due to its unique mechanic, since Water-types are supposed to resist Ice.

(to anyone who sees that post, nevermind it, i just saw the recent post) so basically rotom gains access to rock, fire, water, poison, grass, ground (immunities via abilities don't count), bug (bring on the heal order/ quiverdance rotom W), fighting, ghost, dark, ice, it gets so many options. def a top tier threat that can easily suprise its opposition. seriously, it can run so many things.
It's honestly easier to list the types it doesn't get.

-Electric (Irony)

-Dragon (No big loss)

-Fairy

-Psychic

-Flying

-Steel

-Normal (of course)

Rotom almost shoves Smeargle aside. This amuses me.

darmanitan actually gets a fair bit, at first i was going to shrug it off. but then i remembered, it gets dark moves. so thats something. other then that, it gets ghost...meh.
Curse could be interesting/good for a Trick Room Darmanitan. Shadow Sneak gives it reliable widely effective priority, and Destiny Bond is a pretty useful way of laughing when the enemy does stop its rampage: KO something, they switch in a hard counter that will OHKO Darmanitan, Destiny Bond. 2 'mons for the price of one!

Of course, Darmanitan is so fond of Choice items that these are far from perfect... but even so.

wormadam gets...flying, bug, water, ice, rock and fire interchangably which is cool. it can probably run a nice quiver dance set or something, nothing too overwhelming.
Wormadam's different Forms aren't Form changes. Unless Valmanway explicates otherwise, I'd assume they don't donate move additions to each other, especially since he's confirmed that Darmanitan must be carrying Zen Mode to get Dark and Ghost moves.

That's what I thought rip, that woulda been really cool tho, especially on Keldeo ;_;
Frankly I think Keldeo is perfectly happy with Oblivion Wing, Roost, the grab-bag of tricks in Psychic (Choice Specs Trick Keldeo!), Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Spore, Geomancy.... Freeze Dry would be nice coverage, but it's not a big loss.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
ah, i get it. so it has to have an interchangeable form in order to actually share it so long as the requirements are able to be met. so id assume its the same with megas?(i mean, darm scenario is the same conditions for megas, where the form change is activated ONLY via in battle) so if something like gyara could obtain fighting moves, IF it has the requirements of which a form change could occur (holding a mega stone). oddly enough, that would add a weird depth into the meta, where maybe having more then one mega could be BENIFICIAL to the holder. (for example, gyarados holding a mega stone would enable it to run heal order, something lefties couldn't do) id imagine that would be pretty cool.

i mean, if rotom doesn't have to be in the correct form to use its moves, i don't see why megas NEED to mega evolve to use theirs, they just need to have the stone, so the POSSIBILITY of it changing is there.

plus that sounds cool, sacrificing a potential item slot, for the ability to run MORE moves. bulky gyara would appriciate it, that's for sure.

ah, i get it. so it has to have an interchangeable form in order to actually share it so long as the requirements are able to be met. so id assume its the same with megas?(i mean, darm scenario is the same conditions for megas, where the form change is activated ONLY via in battle) so if something like gyara could obtain fighting moves, IF it has the requirements of which a form change could occur (holding a mega stone). oddly enough, that would add a weird depth into the meta, where maybe having more then one mega could be BENIFICIAL to the holder. (for example, gyarados holding a mega stone would enable it to run heal order, something lefties couldn't do) id imagine that would be pretty cool.

i mean, if rotom doesn't have to be in the correct form to use its moves, i don't see why megas NEED to mega evolve to use theirs, they just need to have the stone, so the POSSIBILITY of it changing is there.

plus that sounds cool, sacrificing a potential item slot, for the ability to run MORE moves. bulky gyara would appriciate it, that's for sure.
Actually, there's a rule that says you can use a move if your preevolution is weak to it. So, that means Gyarados already gets semi-reliable recovery in Synthesis thanks to Magikarp.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Actually, there's a rule that says you can use a move if your preevolution is weak to it. So, that means Gyarados already gets semi-reliable recovery in Synthesis thanks to Magikarp.
oh, didnt know that, id still say bulkydos will like heal order without lefties then synthesis with it though,

Machamp gets Hypnosis - I think this is rather notable. Therefore, Hypnosis should be listed under the notable Psychic-Type moves.

Machamp @ Leftovers / Coba Berry
Ability: No Guard
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Dynamic Punch
-Brave Bird / Dragon Ascent
-Hypnosis
-Stone Edge / Tailwind

example set

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I've made a team for this if anyone's interested in testing this out on aqua.

Speaking of No Guard pokemon, Doublade gained some additional utility:

Dark Void, Taunt, Topsy Turvy, Sacred Fire, Precipice Blades, Thousand Waves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)