Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won against Dragonzrule, 2-0.

[edit: to make it easier for you, Zerowing, I'll just put all my matches here.]

Also won against HotGarbage 2-1.

And then my 3rd match against Brawlex, I won 2-1.

Good games, everyone. :)
Let's play again sometime with no items

You know what would be a fair solution to this whole 2v2 deal? Random it up. Have everyone sign up ahead of time, and whoever is running this thing, just pull 2 names out of a hat. This would stop the bickering for partners and the crazy running around for people who they think might be good with their main. Just a thought I guess.
Haha that would be awesome, then we have both tournaments in one... "random 2vs2!". :justin2:

Hmm, I would probably prefer a random 2v2 tourney to a random 1v1 tourney, but honestly, wouldn't that just make the bickering increase?

Guy A get's randomized with Guy Z; however, Guy Z is the worst on Smogon, so Guy A is like what the hell because he gets stuck with a horribly crappy partner and other people didn't, calling it unfair and starts whining about it (and there will be people out there, there always is). And of course we have to add this to the random character deal as well.

So in that light, perhaps random 1v1s might be a bit easier to pull off compared to random 2v2s. Though I'd still just rather have the official 2v2 tourney because as I said earlier, it just means more and would be more competitive.

Actually, I meant only the people being paired would be random, but randoming everything works to. And if Guy A doesn't like it then thats his problem, because he signed up knowing full well it was going to be random, and he'll just have to deal with it.

Eh, i don't like the idea of random pairings in 2v2, the whole point is that your playing with partners. Those should be people you know and want to play with, not a random guy out of a hat.

Confirming the matches with aura_lucario, I won 2-0

Edit: also confirming the match against Mizuno (post below me), I managed to pull a win 2-1. Great games, Mizuno, that Critical Hit at the end of the second match really pulled through for you.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Matches updated to this post, several divisions have been locked up and the deadline is approaching.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People, please focus on the tournament at hand. Remember, this is just a 1st one with technical trial and error.

People, please focus on the tournament at hand. Remember, this is just a 1st one with technical trial and error.
I'm assuming someone made an angry post about the tournament in the last page or so? If not, I don't get it. Zerowing himself asked for feedback as to what people would prefer as the next tournament.

I'm assuming someone made an angry post about the tournament in the last page or so? If not, I don't get it. Zerowing himself asked for feedback as to what people would prefer as the next tournament.
Exactly.

Plus, this is a Pokemon forum. I'm sure you dudes got your day ruined by a well placed critical hit once or twice. Same principal when playing with items. Not like the items rule popped up mid-round anyway. Y'all signed up knowing full well there'd be them.

lost 0-2 against xc_hawk, worst lag I've seen in a while. first match was close but the second good god =[

and for future tournies/rounds can lag effects on stages be taken in consideration for banned stages? ex: halberd which really slows down during the combo cannon fire.

lost 0-2 to og, lag was a biiiitch

somehow i got up 2 stocks in the first match, 4-2, and lost. i didn't give enough ivysaur love. :(

gg

Haven't heard from aura_lucario since Sunday. Not that it matters since neither of us are advancing, so I'll just let him contact me if he wants to get the match done.

I'm alive...I just went on break and forgot to bring my router with me. I'm available to play tomorrow night or all of Thursday afternoon...

Um i think i beat tad 2-0. I beat him the first match zelda vs game and watch which was really gay for me since my controller stopped working in the beginning of the match and i had to hurry and get a new one to play with but a few final smashes my way really helped me out.

The second match is where i'm unsure. There was no items which may have been my fault. I never changed my items from the first match but do they automatically reset. I don't know but if he is will to count the match i will be grateful if he wants to redo it i will do that as well.

I thought I saw some items the second match, but maybe not. In any case, I don't care so go ahead and count that match. I would be more demanding of a rematch if I felt that I was better than you and had been cheated somehow, but honestly I think it was fairly obvious that you were the better player. Good game though!

I would say "Battle now fox division," but my router has gone a bit bad recently. All my recent battles have been characterized by lag, so it may be better to DQ me zerowing. I don't see it getting fixed anytime soon ><

If you want me to try, my only day left before the deadline is friday and saturday...><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)