Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, what the hell. I might as well post another sprite or two (or three)...
One of Blu's Pokémon (you might remember his thread a while ago) which is being used in Amethyst:

As Blu didn't really name his Pokémon, I have named this one Raccuri (raccoon + curious).
Also, I'm revamping the sprites of my starters. So far, I've done Dipleaf and Axolitl.
These are the old sprites:

These are my recent revamps:

As you can see, I reoriented Dipleaf's head, and improved the shading on Axolitl, mainly on its neck. I also toned down the colours in line with the other sprites in my game.

So, any comments / criticism?

EDIT: I forgot to point out Axolitl's back leg has also been repositioned to be more realistic. Ugh, the old sprite looks so horrible now.

I redid their evolutions too, but I'm not going to post them. If you want to see, wait and play the game once I release a demo! The demo should be out by the end of this year. Note the "should" :S

EDIT: Also, I find it a bit depressing that I'm the only person who still does Advance style sprites. I don't really like the D/P ones...

EDIT 2: Which reminds me, I'm going to change the Platinum Giratina sprite in my avatar :P

EDIT 3: There, changed. If you're wondering, that's Nelson/Plateman's evolution of Tentacruel. It is being used in Pokémon Acanthite, another excellent fangame, under the name Tentacruze.

EDIT 4: As I'm not the original artist (I merely made the sprite), a link is in order. Plateman's DeviantArt. I think that he's one of the best Pokémon designers and artists, yet I haven't seen him on Smogon :( And as a bonus, here's another of his Pokémon, Seazar. It's an evolution of Seaking. Its name is a combination of Sea + Czar, and is also a pun on Caesar.

Well, enjoy, and make sure to have a look at the original designer's DA!
PS. Getting those within the 15-colour limit was annoying :P

Sup. P: I got really bored today so I decided to finally join this site while I'm on a day ban on the Shoddy server.. Soyeah. If anybody knows Ganondorf on the Smogon Shoddy server, that's me. Anyways~ Yeah. Sprites.. Some of them are a little old.. But I did the Spinarak one today.

C&C? Yes, I'm aware that the boxes are all different sizes. :/ I only started doing the 80 x 80 thing today.

I saw the shedninja-gengar thing... I thought you said gallade :( I tried my best :( take it easy on me, this is my first attempt at a fusion :(

I think I'll make hope houndoom first coconut storm :D

Sup. P: I got really bored today so I decided to finally join this site while I'm on a day ban on the Shoddy server.. Soyeah. If anybody knows Ganondorf on the Smogon Shoddy server, that's me. Anyways~ Yeah. Sprites.. Some of them are a little old.. But I did the Spinarak one today.

C&C? Yes, I'm aware that the boxes are all different sizes. :/ I only started doing the 80 x 80 thing today.
i love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)