Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, but I have to admit, this one is a bit weird...
Heheh yeah. I just saw Snorlax's large stomach and saw the image of an Electrode on it. >.> Um, yeah... it's all scratch, though, except for the eyes and mouth.

Another random combination:

And amazing job on the Seaking evo. sprite Wichu!

Just wondering, what's the difference between advance and dp sprites? And why would someone prefer one over the other?

Just wondering, what's the difference between advance and dp sprites? And why would someone prefer one over the other?
I don't know. Its all based on personal opinion, I guess.

Anyways...

And its Mystery Dungeon Form.

From what I see, the Advance generation sprites are generally more detailed than D/P sprites. The Advance sprites color scheme is also typically duller compared to D/P's. I prefer more shading and duller colors, so I use Advance gen. sprites more often than not. It really does just boil down to personal opinion/preference, though.

Take this for example:

[The Skarm on the left (from Advance) is a duller gray color vs. the Skarm on the right (from D/P) is a newer gray/blue color. The Skarm on the left also has some noticeable dithering on the wing, while the Skarm on the right has no dithering. I could care more or less for it.]

Just stating it even though I've already implied it: I do use D/P sprites, just not as often as I use Advance sprites.

lol... i tried to quote what you said but it turned out different from how i saw it... it said advance at the end and not D/P
look at this pic

last line of your post...
Not to make this spam, i don't believe i posted these before

Also, advance gen sprites use a 64x64 box, unlike DP's 80x80 box. I mainly don't like DP's colours and shading (bright orange Dragonite? Eeew...).

The only difference I care about is the poses. Caterpie was really hard to fuse with Wailord until I discovered the FRLG sprite.

Heheh yeah. I just saw Snorlax's large stomach and saw the image of an Electrode on it. >.> Um, yeah... it's all scratch, though, except for the eyes and mouth.

Another random combination:

And amazing job on the Seaking evo. sprite Wichu!
That's pure awesomeness:D!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)