Survivor SURVIVOR - Won by rssp1

F5 Tribal Council Results

I'll go tally the votes.

Once the votes are read the decision is final, person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

First vote
TraceofLife

Second vote
zorbees

third vote
Blazade

So one vote each for Trace, zorbees, and Blazade.

Fourth vote
zorbees

One vote left.

12th person voted out of Survivor and the fifth member of the Jury:
zorbees
- The tribe has spoken.

And with that vote only four are left. You guys are getting really close to the end. Now's not the time to lose focus of your goal.

Next challenge will be up shortly.

It's tribal council time! billymills retains immunity once again, becoming the first person to win immunity twice. He cannot be voted for.

48 hrs to vote but try and do it quicker than that if possible please.

Jury: Haruno / Thetwinmasters / Walrein / Yeti / zorbees

The Final 4.

Tribal Council Results

First vote
TraceofLife

Second vote
rssp1

1 vote Trace, 1 vote rssp1.

Third vote
TraceofLife

1 vote left.

Fourth vote
rssp1

So we have a tie.

Here's how this is going to work. We're going to have re-vote. rssp1 and Trace won't be voting. That leaves billymills and Blazade. You both have 24 hours to submit your vote (and switch it if you so desire. If you guys don't submit anything, I will assume your vote remains the same).

If the vote remains tied after the re-vote. There will be a special challenge tiebreaker...

F4 Revote

First vote
TraceofLife

Second vote
TraceofLife

That means that
TraceofLife
is the 13th person voted out of the game and the 6th member of the Jury.

Is this the end? You guys will find out very shortly...

F3 Tribal Council

Jury: Haruno / Twin / Walrein / Yeti / zorbees / TraceofLife

rssp1 won the final individual immunity challenge. Since there's only three people left, and rssp is immune from the vote, the only potential person that Blazade and billy can vote is each other (since they cannot vote themselves). As a result, the only vote that matters and the only vote that will be cast will be rssp1's.

I already have rssp1's vote but I need to go to work so I'll be updating later tonight.

F3 Tribal Council Results

The one and only vote (as Blazade and billy can only vote for each other):

14th person voted out of the tribe and the final member of the jury:
billymills

This means congratulations to Blazade and rssp1 for reaching the end of the game! You guys have both gone as far as you can go in this game. Now, the balance of power shifts to the Jury. They are 7 people, and both of you either directly or indirectly had some say in putting these people on the Jury and voting them out of the game. Now for the next three days, you guys have a chance to converse with the Jury, to discuss the game, and convince them as to why you deserve their vote for the title of Sole Survivor.

So here's how it's going to work - Haruno Thetwinmasters Walrein Yeti zorbees TraceofLife billymills - you guys are all a part of the Jury. For the next two days, you have the opportunity by posting in this thread to talk to the finalists. You may ask questions of them, make a statement, or say nothing at all. After the two days are over, you will then privately submit a vote to me. This vote is for the person you think deserves to win - you are not voting anyone out. I hope this is perfectly clear.

For the finalists - Blazade and rssp1 - take this as an opportunity to plead your case as to why you deserve to be the winner. Converse with the Jury and try and convince them as to why you believe you should be crowned the winner.

Any questions let me know!

Good Morning, esteemed members of the jury.

This feels like a weird and difficult position, because rssp1 and I snap picked each other for final 2 from the first 30 seconds of the game. We never kept anything from each other or outplayed each other, and we made all our decisions collectively. We've both been OK at challenges, pulling out clutch/fluke wins from time to time. The big difference in our game is how we approached it; I usually had rssp1 be the public face of the team while I tended to lay low. From this point on I'm just going to talk about my personal philosophy this game and hope that distinguishes me enough to earn your vote.

In games like this I tend to be an aggressive shitbag and a control freak, and this typically goes very poorly for me. My strategy this game was to appear as irrelevant as possible while still being very careful about reading the playing field and affecting what I need to through trusted connections. This fit nicely with my challenge profile, I won just enough to not bring the team down while also not winning enough to be dangerous in any sense. As often as possible I was happy to let people be played against each other, so while I was certainly surprised Haruno got voted out as early as he did, it really did work out for the best. The 5 man alliance that probably would have discarded us at 5 was destroyed, as was all sense of lasting trust within the tribe. We were left with a ton of strong, independent social forces and it was just a matter of giving votes to the right people. At 7 we were ultimately concerned with a zorbees-RODAN flip at 6 or even 5, while being afraid of losing challenges/coin flips in 4 in the best case. If I wasn't at Otakon that weekend I might have pushed for a vote on billy instead, but rssp1 and I had plenty of time to speak and agree that a switch to getting TraceofLife on board represented a more stable 6 with an easy vote on zorbees. From there we tried to vote off billy, but couldn't until we got lucky. I think one of the biggest indicators of my success, however, is that billy probably would have taken me to final 2. I think the trust rssp1 and I built up let me play really comfortably from the shadows and ultimately convince people I wasn't a threat. If I'd been more cocksure and gotten myself voted out, I've no doubt rssp1 would have a difficult time sticking around.

To say that I carried him would be a grave misrepresentation and an insult, but to say he didn't benefit from my council or that he carried me would be similarly wrong. In truth, we were always on the same wavelength with respect to strategy, and I was always there to help iron out the details of specific social interactions, so I played as much a part in setting up the conversations as he did in carrying them out.

I'm curious to see what rssp1 has to say, and more curious to see what questions the jury has for us, but I believe my calculated and informed play is deserving of the title of Sole Survivor. I truly believe that this is the best game I could have played to get me this far, and I have no regrets.

I still don't know why I got voted off
I can't speak for others, but I personally saw you as a good player with a lot of friends in this game like definitely billy and potentially Yeti/zorbees etc. I saw Trace as the more "obvious" threat because of his challenge record and thus more likely to be voted out in the future when there's a hole in his immunity than you were if you had a chance to strengthen your social connections.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
question for both of you: How do you think the game would have played out differently if RODAN didn't quit? (I'm under the impression that this also would've meant a final 3)

question for both of you: How do you think the game would have played out differently if RODAN didn't quit? (I'm under the impression that this also would've meant a final 3)
We would have probably had to convince billy to vote you out, for one thing, but after that I think Trace would have been able to trust in our plan to take him to the final 3. How challenges would have played out, I can't say, but I think if there was a final 3 as you assume ideally Trace would be there with us. Our plan then would be to take the social argument against Trace's challenge record and hope that gave one of us the win.

Which 1 of u dirt rat cucks decided to vote me out
That'd be rssp1. We both decided to switch off the vote out Trace plan after talking at length, but my limited access at Otakon meant I had to take rssp1's word that you were the best choice of vote at the time.

Retrospectively it was probably fine anyway because to be fair you do have everyone on this site wrapped around your little finger. You were playing an even stronger coasting game than I was while being a likable presence. People like you and Walrein can shoot yourself in the foot and say "c'mon I obviously wouldn't have won" but who's to say at FTC when you're both easily smart enough to have plans? All that said, while you were less predictable socially you were a safer keep challenge wise and billymills almost wrecked us at the end because of that so we could have kept you around for final 4/5.

rssp1 also wanted to have an out in case the plan backfired somehow so he could go to zorbees/RODAN and hedge saying he threw away the vote rather than stabbing them but in my mind moving to voting with Trace represented a fair amount of commitment that would be stronger than any excuse we could make.

hi as per usual ill write a post later today
even though this isnt an noc i have stuff i need to do but if you have any questions please ask!!
e: nvm i cant deal with ignoring this game ill start writing up a post

Alright, hello friends! I hope you're all having an excellent day.

I've been watching survivor since I was a young child, and I always had wanted to apply and go out there to see how well I could do. However, I never got around to that because of several reasons which are completely unrelated to this game. Anyways, the reason I say this is because I saw this game, and it was essentially the next best thing, so I immediately signed up!

From Day 1, my strategy was to hold a place in the majority and see how to play out each individual tribal council. I could have planned for the future, but ironically every time that happened, my luck went to shit (more on that later). I'd lie if I say I didnt get lucky with my original tribe - we had an overall strong team, and winning a majority of the challenges gave us a massive numbers advantage at the merge. My original tribe also had a ton of people i'd worked with before (I had quite literally teamed up with half of the tribe members in previous mafia games). I used this to my advantage and approached both Blazade and Haruno day 1 to start creating a 5-man alliance that could hold a majority in the tribe. After talking to both of them, RODAN and twin came up as the two that both of them wanted to align with. With everyone agreeing on that (ironically Blazade didnt want to work with Haruno at first because of bad experiences in metagame mafia but tbh I don't blame him), twin made the original groupchat that we used to converse in.

Even though we had a majority alliance, in the only voteout we went to, I made sure to talk to each of the other Okatas and create a connection with them. 2 out of these three connections didnt actually end up helping me out at all (Ullar because he got voted out and Yeti because she was such a wild card), but talking to zorbees and establishing a rapport with him became key to both my and Blazade's survival in the game.

After the third voteout, Jalmont caused a tribe swap. I was the person who quickly recognized that there was a tribe swap and told each and every member of the tribe to pick an odd number (I think one of our team members had to pick an even because King_ picked an odd number before he got on). Due to this, we were able to hold a massive majority over the Moto members on our tribe after the swap, and thus had two safe votes (King_ and Mithril) to sack if we lost challenges. Since the remaining members of our alliance (everyone but twin) wanted to keep Okata numbers strong, we threw the first challenge to get rid of King_ and hopefully give twin and zorbees time to make an alliance and survive on new Moto. I'd take credit for that idea, but RODAN thought that up so it'd be unfair to say I did that.

Finally, we hit the merge. This is where planning for the future screwed me up. I was overconfident in thinking that all the Okatas would stay strong and that we could pick off the Motos one by one. As such, I began to start planning what we would do after we voted out all the Motos. I started talking to zorbees about creating a 4 man alliance at 7, upon which he mentioned that he was worried that twin and yeti would be a strong pairing that would stick together (this becomes important later). Zorbees also approached me to say he was voting haruno, but I thought there was no way either twin or yeti would flip, so I just said "that's alright, but I can't betray one of my allies for no reason" and stupidly did nothing. As a result, I lost one of my day 1 allies and almost got knocked out of the game. I wont lie and say that I didnt feel extremely defeated, but after figuring out who exactly it was that didnt flip (Blazade and RODAN), I talked to them and began to scramble to stay in the game.

Taking advantage of zorbees' distrust of twin, I convinced him to vote twin out at the next tribal council. However, that wouldnt be enough votes. I knew we needed at least 5 votes to get twin out, so I created an alliance with Trace because I knew he was on the bottom of the group that voted out Haruno (this assumption was validated when Walrein tried to blindside him at the next tribal). Just in case either trace or zorbees didnt vote for twin, I also contacted billy and used the same arguments I used to convince zorbees to get billy to also vote twin. After I succeeded in orchestrating the twin voteout, my alliance was back in control of the game. I voted out walrein since he was a jury threat, I was unable to work with him due to him not wanting to be a part of alliances, and because I thought he had a good connection with billy (who I wanted to work with down the road). When he tried to make a move against Trace, that became the nail in his grave because he was clearly playing strategically as well. Next, by far the most interesting vote of the game, was the Yeti voteout. Through trace and my conversations with RODAN and zorbees, I realized that there would be a 2-2 vote with billy and yeti voting for one person and zorbees and RODAN voting for trace. Knowing that Blazade would stay loyal, I was able to cause a 3-2-2 voteout where Trace, blazade, and I voted for Yeti. The reasoning behind this was really just that Trace getting voted out benefited me in no way whatsoever and I personally WANTED to keep trace in. Between billy and Yeti, I literally just picked Yeti to go because I had worked with billy and thought I could prevent him from flipping at f6 if RODAN/zorbees tried to flip.

At f6, I once again got overconfident and began planning for the endgame before everything went wrong. RODAN quit and billy won immunity twice, forcing me to cut members of my alliance who I didnt want to cut or only wanted to cut in the endgame. Billy's clutch immunity wins caused us to vote massive threat zorbees (you were voted most likely to win for a reason) out at f5 and trace out at f4. The trace vote is actually interesting since, as you all saw, it was originally a tie vote before trace got voted out by both billy and blazade. The reason for this is because I had a massive pm conversation with billy convincing him that it was in his best interests to vote out Trace (in the end it actually was because this became a f2, which I correctly predicted). He was going for me because he thought I was a bigger jury threat, which may have been true (i'm not sure, I thought trace would have done really well in f3/f2). This allowed me to survive since there was 0 way I would win a tiebreaker vs trace. Then, in the final immunity challenge, Blazade and I knew that we NEEDED to vote out billy and thus when one of us beat him, the other would throw. I defeated billy first so Blazade threw to me and we voted him out.

Overall, my gameplay was nowhere near perfect. Yeah, I made mistakes and got overconfident at times. However, I feel that both the way I strategically played the game and the way I managed to always recover from my mistakes make me deserving of the title of Sole Survivor.

I still don't know why I got voted off
I got you voted out because I didnt think i'd be able to work with you and I thought you'd be a massive threat down the line.

This is honestly a big question because RODAN quitting massively impacted the game. My ideal f3 was me/blazade/trace while blazade's ideal f3 was him/me/RODAN. The third here was pretty much just who each of us was closer to since both trace and RODAN were massive threats. Assuming billy still wins immunity at f6, we vote you out there since everyone knew that we lost to you and thus we couldnt let you get to FTC. Assuming billy wins immunity again, I would have argued with Blazade to keep trace while he would have argued to keep RODAN. I'm not sure who wins the argument there, but i'd like to think we'd succeed in voting out RODAN. After that, you have the f4 that was already there. If billy doesnt win immunity he goes. Otherwise, trace does (which is what happened in that actual f4). Finale is me/blazade/trace or me/blazade/billy if billy wins immunity.

Which 1 of u dirt rat cucks decided to vote me out
Me. I thought I could work better with billy then I could with you. Sorry!

I had abandoned F3 with RODAN as soon as we agreed he was too close to zorbees and voted Yeti off. I was on the Trace plan from then on, so there wouldn't have been an argument there.

I'm glad twin made the move he did with Yeti cause as you said it gave him a big target on his back.

I'm surprised at how closely you say you worked with people like billy since I was under the impression that billy never had any business making it to endgame under our plan. I'm also surprised at how much rssp1 is acting like I didn't make any decisions here when I was very involved.

I mean i just told you who to vote for twin/walrein/yeti(you were gone so cant blame you for that one). You had some reservations about voting twin and I clarified the reasoning in the chat we had with RODAN. We coordinated the other three votes, though two of them were obvious if we were staying loyal to each other. When we last discussed about endgame in skype (f7) you still wanted to bring RODAN to the end. We didn't talk about endgame after that.

Walrein
While Blazade played a good UTR game, I'd say that I deserve your vote over him for creating connections with players and orchestrating blindsides that allowed both me and Blazade to sit comfortably in the majority alliance after the Haruno blindside. In terms of strategy, I think I definitely did better, and socially I think I did better too since it was the connections I created that allowed us to gain and keep the majority.

and blazade you are correct, I never planned for billy to make it anywhere inside the main 5 we had, but I nevertheless needed to work with him if I wanted to survive. He didnt vote twin randomly.

Voting Twin and Walrein was what I wanted so there wasn't anything to discuss. I did want to consider an opportunistic vote against Trace at that point but the twin vote made sense given context of others being interested.

I deserve the vote over rssp1 because I played a more passive, but just as confident and headstrong game. I played to both our strengths to keep our alliance going as strong as possible without appearing as a manipulator or a threat in the worst cases where rssp1 steps over the line. I had just as much foresight and orchestration in realizing our endgame scenarios, but I would never lie or take the fall for any of these plans. I presented myself as a loyal, honest, and intelligent player that didn't pose a threat, and after the F7 vote I felt I had my final 2-3 spot locked up because of that. While rssp1 played a more active game, I played a tighter one.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
none of yall ever tried to message me TO make an alliance lol i would've worked and voted with whoever was down but twin was the only guy who bothered to be like hey so we need to vote this, nobody else cbf

i would've gladly worked with people and sam is like in love with alliance forming games so idk why nobody bothered to take advantage of that and try to mooch off his planning

unfortunately i misread the situation and thought the alliance was zorbees/rssp1/rodan and that's why billy and i tried to vote off zorbees, i should've talked to him and rodan and learned they were going to vote trace but w/e

Blazade: yeah us baddies gotta stick together lol

^smh the disrespect this hoe ain't loyal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)