Survivor SURVIVOR - Won by rssp1

Did you play for second the whole game?
There is a long list of oldfags far more popular than I am in this game. This is one of the only final 2s I had a chance of winning and like in genius game I didn't make a habit of drawing attention to muself by directly pushing a lot of my own agenda to people I wasn't going to work with. If playing to get to the end is playing for second then sure but everyone values different things. I do what I want and I respect my own game.

I think rather than making an ass of myself to try and make bombastic looking plays, simply having your wits about you to ensure long term advantage and flexibility in that advantage speaks more to my merits.

zorbees Mostly reactive. Because you spent so much time on Moto and weren't in the group of 5 to begin with I never got around to fully trusting you. If it had read like you were closer to rssp1 than RODAN or been in a more desparate spot like Trace I might have been a lot less likely to move on a plan of voting you off, or maybe even entertained the notion of ratting rssp out and flipping on him.

Trace was someone I always knew people would be happy to vote off because of his strength in challenges, and someone who was a bit orthogonal in strength against the jury (even if I put more stock in his potential case than rssp did he was still a better pick for f3 than say you or billy) I always knew I'd want to keep the threat of voting Trace out active while trying to delay that as long as possible to keep a sheild up. Trace wasn't necessarily going to be a desparation voter but at F7 he was so he was a good pickup.

I realize that I'm talking about my relationships with people itg in a "how can I use them" sense but that's pretty much how it was this game for everyone outside of rssp1 and how my sociopathic tendencies come out in a game like this. It's why when I talk to people aggressively in games they think I'm sketchy.

Also Yeti when someone starts fucking me and I get them to play mafia on this site we can talk comparisons then.

nah i thought both of us had a much better shot against trace than zorbees or billy
esp given that zorbees easily beat the rest of the f4 and billy easily beat the rest of the f3

alright i checked and I mentioned that billy does better in ftc than trace (true for most cases imo) on smogon, I said something else about him that I forget (I think that both of us stand a chance against trace whereas we dont vs zorbees and billy?) and then I said trace is better to keep over billy on skype when we were discussing plans at f4.
I dont think that that means beating trace is a lock, although I talked down how well he would do in an attempt to convince you that billy was a bigger threat (which i succeeded in doing). What I said was that billy and zorbees are worse to take to the end in comparison to trace, which was completely true imo.

Yo I wasn't trying to challenge you with that statement I was just speaking offhandedly. I was on the Trace plan same as you but I was just saying that I did give his jury game some respect for context in describing my relationship with him

No need to get uppity and start trying to assert that my minor lean that led to a discussion was a real point of contention lol

I get that. I'm just saying that I didnt think both of us would automatically beat trace, and you saying that I thought that confused me so I wanted to check.

I thought we had another 24 hr from midnight tonight, but I guess i'll write up a closing statement now.

When coming into this game, I knew I would have to prove myself since I wasnt someone who was well known or respected in circus. I also knew that, as a result, I would have a hard time getting to the end, so I would need to play hard if I wanted to make it. I delivered in battling prowess pre-swap, winning four out of the five matches I played (only losing one to Trace), thus helping my tribe gain a massive advantage when it came to the merge. I facilitated the creation of a majority alliance on Okata while still trying to create connections with the members who I did not hard align with on D1. I voted correctly every single time aside from when Haruno was voted out. I was also the main one responsible for every single voteout aside from Haruno's, something that my counterpart, Blazade, cannot claim credit for. Perhaps I did not do as well in challenges post-merge, but I was able to use the bonds I created to eliminate the non-immune person that I wanted gone every single time aside from the f10 vote. I went into detail as to what my strategic gameplay was in my opening statement, so I think it would just be a waste of everyone's time to needlessly repeat myself here. I believe that both my strategic and social gameplay were far better than blazade's: the connections I made allowed me to be in the majority from the f9 onwards, and while blazade was a good person to talk over plans with occasionally and always a vote that I could count on, he did not do much aside from those two things and the majority of the heavy lifting was left to me. Perhaps you feel that his gameplay is more deserving of your vote - I do not know which you prefer, I can only argue that mine was better and that I deserve it more.

I'd like to end by addressing each juror individually.
(i'm also going to apologize for the mass tagging ahead of time)

Haruno: I feel legitimately terrible that you were blindsided at f10: I had hoped to go far in the game with you and unfortunately I was too trusting in the rest of the alliance and that led to your downfall. Although we may not have interacted very much, I hope that you respect the way I played.

Thetwinmasters: I respect you taking the game into your own hands, something that I failed to do at f10. I agree that I could have done a better job with talking to you, but if I cannot convince you that my game is superior to Blazade's, I cannot stop you from flipping a coin. I don't want to tell you what to do, but I do want to thank you for making me play a more aggressive game as I realized that playing passively and assuming everything would work out just wouldnt cut it.

Walrein - I blindsided you because I thought you were a threat, and your desire to go with the flow was something that made it hard to work with you (along with you aiming to blindside one of my closest allies). I feel like I played a better game than Blazade because I was willing to scramble and get my hands dirty when the going got tough. Hopefully you will see my gameplay the way I do.

Yeti - I legitimately wanted to work with you down the road, but I really had no way of knowing whether I could trust you or not. You can ask zorbees (or i'll just tell you postgame since if you think i'm lying now I have no reason to lie then) but I did want to propose a f4 with you/me/zorbees/Blazade. Even if you don't feel that either of us made a connection with you or tried to work with you, I hope you vote for the person whose gameplay you feel was better.

zorbees - I really enjoyed working with you, and i'm sorry I had to stab you at the end. There was zero way I could ever take you to the f3 or f2 since I would get completely destroyed by you. Regardless, I sincerely appreciate how you played the game as honestly as you could while still making strategic moves to shake up the game, and I hope you also appreciate the way I played.

TraceofLife - We didn't get to hear your thoughts on the final 2... I hope there are no hard feelings about the f4 tie and vote-out, trace. Had billy not won immunity, I 100% would have voted for him, as I did want a you/me/blazade final 3. Unfortunately, billy was immune and I was forced to vote you even though I didnt want to because you were the biggest threat left.

billymills - I'm not going to lie, you scared the life out of me when you won two straight immunities. After all of my careful planning, you nearly ended my career in this game by going clutch. You know how much I wanted to play in this game, and I hope you appreciate my spirit and that I have your respect.

To everyone: Regardless of the outcome, thank you all for a fantastic game. I had a great time playing hard, making friends, struggling when the going got tough, and eventually making it to the end. I believe that I deserve the title of sole survivor, and I hope that most, if not all of you feel the same way.
If any of you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)