Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Spore

This thing is absolutely insane. Bullet seed is an 37.5 % OHKO against 4HP/252Def Gholdengo when in Tera (With tera boost to 60) (this was modeled using 60 BP Bullet seed and Adaptability to simulate Tera) BEFORE SD. This is a resisted move and it does a ton of damage. Spore can be switched out for coverage, idk what's good. Someone please check my calcs, otherwise this is broken. Testing on ladder soon *crosses fingers*
I'm not sure how you're getting 60 BP. I believe it was established that the boost to weak moves with Tera does not apply to multi-hits.

This is pretty much confirmation that transfer moves are gone.
Praise Arceus for that, if you ask me. Not everything needs Toxic and Knock Off, let alone a ton of other things like random tutor moves from back in Gen 3 (looking at you Softboiled). This will be an incredible breath of fresh air that we needed.

EDIT: At above, if battle-ready mark was removed, there is no way to purge movesets of old Pokemon that came into SV from Home before they're ready for competitive online play. They have confirmed that Home-transferred mons WILL be allowed in online play. They got around old moves last gen by having that "memory wipe" Battle Ready Mark, and gens prior by only allowing Pokemon caught in that region with its mark. Those stipulations are gone. This speaks volumes towards the "moveset reset upon entry" rumors being true, not even mentioning the fact that the precedent with the two most recent games and the coding rewriting in Home establishes it.

It’s a Centroleaks post (can very well be wrong) + it doesn’t confirm anything—in fact I’m pretty sure it does the opposite if the battle ready mark is removed
I mean, this isn’t a leak. It’s apparently something said on play Pokémon. And it does confirm it? They wouldn’t remove the play ready mark, unless they changed how transferring works to remove discrepancies with learnsets. They don’t want Pokémon having legacy learnsets, and that’s how they handled it

Ladies & Gentlemen
I would like to talk to you about the Pokémon Wo-Chien

The Pokémon Wo-Chien has been put in the UU Tier.
I feel an error has been made with Wo-Chien.

I feel Wo-Chien is a OU Tier Pokémon.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

I would like to share with you a Wo-Chien Game.
The game is low quality so forgive me if you see any errors or mistakes.
The game is also very unusual as my opponent seems to have been using a team I’m not familiar with.

My team is Bulky Offense Team with Skeledirge or Donzdo
My opponent team is a Stall team with PP reduction & Disabling moves.

I don’t want to spoil to much, but let me say my opponent ran a Tanky Cursed Body DragonPult with Disable.
We can all agree not many people run a Dragonpult like that so it was a very interesting and unusual team set up.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1734569584

I will admit the battle was long.
It took over 100 rounds.
The reason why is due to my style of Play.

In Chess, The terminology people use to describe my play style is Positional.
I am a positional player.

Some people in chess are aggressive.
They like fast attacks and sacrificing pieces to win in blaze of glory.

We would call Hyper Offense aggressive.
It’s like someone taking a Gun and shooting a person in head.
It’s aggressive and fast.

Positional Play would be like putting a person in a Big oven and slowly turning the temperature from low to medium to high.
A person in an oven will die.
It’s going to be slow, painful and methodical.

Pokémon Death by thousands Spike entries cuts!
I’m play in a way which forces you to switch and when you do you will take hazard damage.
I’m keep chipping you down.
I’m keep the pressure on you.
I’m slowly turn up the heat, until your position cracks or you boil over inside and make a mistake.

My opponent resigned in this game.
The reason she resigned is because she did a defensive Terra to save her Pokémon.
The problem is the Terra she did opened the flood gates for my true sweeper.

The match winner in this battle was going to be Skeledirge.
My opponent had a counter to my Skeledirge, but I positionally kept pressuring my opponent with some of my other Pokémon.
My opponent felt the pressure and Terra her Pokemon to save it from fainting, but in the process it caused my Skeledirge to become unchallenged.

NOW RETURNING BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND:
Skeledirge might have been Match Winner!

HOWEVER, IF WE WAS TO GIVE AN MVP (MOST VALUEABLE POKÉMON) AWARD, IT WOULD HAVE TO GO TO WO-CHIEN!
Did you see Wo-Chien in that battle?

My opponent said NOTHING, BUT YOU CAN TELL IN THE BATTLE SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THAT WO-CHEIN.
She threw every Pokémon she had to kill my Wo-Chien.

She tried to faint him 6 times with 6 different Pokémon.
My Wo-Chien looked like a cat with 9 lives.

Their is no way Wo-Chien is UU Pokémon.
Wo-Chien is to insane to be in UU.
Wo-Chien has OU all over him.

You know my style of play ladies and gentlemen!
Death by thousand Spike Entry Hazard cuts!

- Imagine Spikes on the field.
- A Tanky Wo-Chien staring you down
- Wo-Chien moves throwing Leech Seed at you

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Do you stay in and let the Leech Seed suck the life out of your Pokémon?
or
Do you switch out and fall right into my deadly strategies Trap?

Do those options even sound good?
I’m telling you this Pokémon is to powerful for UU.

I am going to show you the build I used in the above Pokemon Battle.

Wo-Chien @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball

WARNING: I STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT MOVES I WANT TO RUN ON WO-CHIEN.

Wo-Chien move pool is so insane I struggle trying to figure out what I want to run on him.
I’m like a little kid in a candy store.

I went with a standard bare bones set up.
He has little bit more Special Atk vs. Atk.
He is Dark & Grass.

I went with 1 Dark move & 1 Grass move which are Special Atk that have 100% accuracy.
My strategy is about wearing enemy down with consistent damage and pressure.

I went with Leech Seed & Protect.
It is a set up I have ran in the past which I love.

These 4 moves caused all the devastation in the PokéMon Battle.
They are not even the tip of the iceberg.

He has so many more moves which can be used in addition to the ones I already used.
- They gave him Knock off.
All the players trying to counter my strategy with Heavy Duty Boots
”Oooppss” Knock off says Good Bye

- They gave him Taunt.
It can stop set ups against him as well as Pokémon who may try to recover health against him

- They gave him both Screens
If you thought he was tough to kill WITHOUT screens, Wait, until he puts them up.

- They gave him Crippling moves
He can paralyze & toxic

I am like fat kid in candy store so many moves to try so little time.
Image the following set up:
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Reflect
- Light Screen

THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA BROUGHT TO YOU BY WO-CHEIN DYNASTY!
His name even sounds like Chinese Emperor are you kidding me?

A UU Pokémon?
I don’t believe it
I look at this Pokémon and think he is Ferrothorn on Steriods.

EDIT: At above, if battle-ready mark was removed, there is no way to purge movesets of old Pokemon that came into SV from Home before they're ready for competitive online play. They have confirmed that Home-transferred mons WILL be allowed in online play. They got around old moves last gen by having that "memory wipe" Battle Ready Mark, and gens prior by only allowing Pokemon caught in that region with its mark. Those stipulations are gone. This speaks volumes towards the "moveset reset upon entry" rumors being true, not even mentioning the fact that the precedent with the two most recent games and the coding rewriting in Home establishes it.
I mean, this isn’t a leak. It’s apparently something said on play Pokémon. And it does confirm it? They wouldn’t remove the play ready mark, unless they changed how transferring works to remove discrepancies with learnsets. They don’t want Pokémon having legacy learnsets, and that’s how they handled it
I see, forgive my complete and utter lack of braincells twt
Ladies & Gentlemen
I would like to talk to you about the Pokémon Wo-Chien

The Pokémon Wo-Chien has been put in the UU Tier.
I feel an error has been made with Wo-Chien.

I feel Wo-Chien is a OU Tier Pokémon.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

I would like to share with you a Wo-Chien Game.
The game is low quality so forgive me if you see any errors or mistakes.
The game is also very unusual as my opponent seems to have been using a team I’m not familiar with.

My team is Bulky Offense Team with Skeledirge or Donzdo
My opponent team is a Stall team with PP reduction & Disabling moves.

I don’t want to spoil to much, but let me say my opponent ran a Tanky Cursed Body DragonPult with Disable.
We can all agree not many people run a Dragonpult like that so it was a very interesting and unusual team set up.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1734569584

I will admit the battle was long.
It took over 100 rounds.
The reason why is due to my style of Play.

In Chess, The terminology people use to describe my play style is Positional.
I am a positional player.

Some people in chess are aggressive.
They like fast attacks and sacrificing pieces to win in blaze of glory.

We would call Hyper Offense aggressive.
It’s like someone taking a Gun and shooting a person in head.
It’s aggressive and fast.

Positional Play would be like putting a person in a Big oven and slowly turning the temperature from low to medium to high.
A person in an oven will die.
It’s going to be slow, painful and methodical.

Pokémon Death by thousands Spike entries cuts!
I’m play in a way which forces you to switch and when you do you will take hazard damage.
I’m keep chipping you down.
I’m keep the pressure on you.
I’m slowly turn up the heat, until your position cracks or you boil over inside and make a mistake.

My opponent resigned in this game.
The reason she resigned is because she did a defensive Terra to save her Pokémon.
The problem is the Terra she did opened the flood gates for my true sweeper.

The match winner in this battle was going to be Skeledirge.
My opponent had a counter to my Skeledirge, but I positionally kept pressuring my opponent with some of my other Pokémon.
My opponent felt the pressure and Terra her Pokemon to save it from fainting, but in the process it caused my Skeledirge to become unchallenged.

NOW RETURNING BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND:
Skeledirge might have been Match Winner!

HOWEVER, IF WE WAS TO GIVE AN MVP (MOST VALUEABLE POKÉMON) AWARD, IT WOULD HAVE TO GO TO WO-CHIEN!
Did you see Wo-Chien in that battle?

My opponent said NOTHING, BUT YOU CAN TELL IN THE BATTLE SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THAT WO-CHEIN.
She threw every Pokémon she had to kill my Wo-Chien.

She tried to faint him 6 times with 6 different Pokémon.
My Wo-Chien looked like a cat with 9 lives.

Their is no way Wo-Chien is UU Pokémon.
Wo-Chien is to insane to be in UU.
Wo-Chien has OU all over him.

You know my style of play ladies and gentlemen!
Death by thousand Spike Entry Hazard cuts!

- Imagine Spikes on the field.
- A Tanky Wo-Chien staring you down
- Wo-Chien moves throwing Leech Seed at you

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Do you stay in and let the Leech Seed suck the life out of your Pokémon?
or
Do you switch out and fall right into my deadly strategies Trap?

Do those options even sound good?
I’m telling you this Pokémon is to powerful for UU.

I am going to show you the build I used in the above Pokemon Battle.

Wo-Chien @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball

WARNING: I STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT MOVES I WANT TO RUN ON WO-CHIEN.

Wo-Chien move pool is so insane I struggle trying to figure out what I want to run on him.
I’m like a little kid in a candy store.

I went with a standard bare bones set up.
He has little bit more Special Atk vs. Atk.
He is Dark & Grass.

I went with 1 Dark move & 1 Grass move which are Special Atk that have 100% accuracy.
My strategy is about wearing enemy down with consistent damage and pressure.

I went with Leech Seed & Protect.
It is a set up I have ran in the past which I love.

These 4 moves caused all the devastation in the PokéMon Battle.
They are not even the tip of the iceberg.

He has so many more moves which can be used in addition to the ones I already used.
- They gave him Knock off.
All the players trying to counter my strategy with Heavy Duty Boots
”Oooppss” Knock off says Good Bye

- They gave him Taunt.
It can stop set ups against him as well as Pokémon who may try to recover health against him

- They gave him both Screens
If you thought he was tough to kill WITHOUT screens, Wait, until he puts them up.

- They gave him Crippling moves
He can paralyze & toxic

I am like fat kid in candy store so many moves to try so little time.
Image the following set up:
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Reflect
- Light Screen

THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA BROUGHT TO YOU BY WO-CHEIN DYNASTY!
His name even sounds like Chinese Emperor are you kidding me?

A UU Pokémon?
I don’t believe it
I look at this Pokémon and think he is Ferrothorn on Steriods.
Personally I really love Wo-Chien as a pokemon, but it's got flaws (namely a crippling 4x U-Turn weakness, and being forced to run Leech Seed + Protect for recovery). It definitely is solid in OU, just it ended up dropping because people didn't use it enough. The two reasons why, or at least I think, are:
-It's the least broken of the Ruination quartet by far, making it less appealing to use
-It's flaws make it hard to put on a team, which means less teams have it

It almost certainly has a place in the OU metagame, but it's a bit underexplored.

I'd like to ask if a Sped Boost ban could be possible, since it banned Flittle of all things from LC. And Espathra, who's still letl oose and basically terrorizes UU with almost the same way Flutter Mane terrorized OU, packs this same ability as well. Not the first time that Speed Boost caused problems that resulted in a ban too (Looking at you BW Blaziken)

how come the "radar" hasn't been updated all these days?

are they waiting for the terastilization thread to end?

espartha is somewhat unbalanced so it should be on the radar.there are times where she single handedly sweeps entire teams.
the only pokemon that can safely switch to her is.....kingabit and.....yes,that's pretty much it.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
how come the "radar" hasn't been updated all these days?

are they waiting for the terastilization thread to end?
Yeah, that seems to be the case. I don’t agree with the move because there are more urgent things that needed to be dealt with before Tera in my mind, but that’s what’s happening.

I think it's the Speed Boost ability that's the problem, since Espathra definitively looks easier to handle if it doesn't pack Speed Boost + Stored Power isn't passively made stronger every time Espathra takes a turn. So yeah (Also Lumina Crash looks like it can put bulky special tanks into Stored Power range much easier with that SpD drop but then Espathra suffers from 4MSS)

And Mega-Blaziken being banned from NatDex OU (albeit for different reasons than because of the ability) just proves that Speed Boost mons are unhealthy for the meta. Banning the ability as a whole would make so much more sense than just banning the mons with the ability because maybe they can be useful even without Speed Boost (except Flittle because the other abilities are kind of useless, so it would go from banned from LC to outright useless ngl)

And Mega-Blaziken being banned from NatDex OU (albeit for different reasons than because of the ability) just proves that Speed Boost mons are unhealthy for the meta. Banning the ability as a whole would make so much more sense than just banning the mons with the ability because maybe they can be useful even without Speed Boost (except Flittle because the other abilities are kind of useless, so it would go from banned from LC to outright useless ngl)
Sharpedo, Yanmega, Ninjask, and Scolipede have historically not been considered broken in OU with Speed Boost, so there isn't a good argument for the ability being inherently broken. Espathra requires a combination of moves and abilities (Speed Boost + Calm Mind + Stored Power), all of which are equally necessary to pull of the combo, which is a pretty clear case for just banning the Pokemon.

Has any of you used or seen anyone using revival blessing unironically in OU?

Because I haven't seen anyone using it, so I believe that my prediction that this move will not get banned is probably true.

The pokemon with access to this move just aren't that good.

Chi yu is absolutely busted, it’s worse than kyurem-b in the pre-fairy meta. The specs set being able to 2hko the meta is reminiscent of KB’s banded outrage 2hkoing everything as well. Except this time it has two useful stabs instead of one AND it has an excellent matchup against the most used Pokémon: Gholdengo, corviknight, etc, meaning you can often win a game with one double switch or positioning play

made a proper team with chi yu rather than the typical fun teams, very easily passed into the 1900’s. You’re really making it difficult for yourself if you’re not using chi yu on every team right now..

Here’s a few high ELO replays, the tailwind + choice specs combo is very similar to the KyuB days.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1735996904-qbg3g843xje3h06n515zps8q69wk9ympw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1736162721-3yfo0jngvth1d34it9qe5kufce5jhl6pw

Bonus gholdengo replays, that shows how it is also busted .. haha
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1735830810-ypfdvdssktvflrk3aqgdm0adhj44havpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1735612357-ftgwvk6krtiymc56ytlx568ti8julbopw

Last edited:
Sharpedo, Yanmega, Ninjask, and Scolipede have historically not been considered broken in OU with Speed Boost, so there isn't a good argument for the ability being inherently broken. Espathra requires a combination of moves and abilities (Speed Boost + Calm Mind + Stored Power), all of which are equally necessary to pull of the combo, which is a pretty clear case for just banning the Pokemon.
If anything Espathra shows why shed tail is broken, as it allows you to bring in espathra for free and potentially sweep a team just by using orthworm or cyclizar to start momentum with shed tail. Like I said oftentimes, you only need to pass one or two subs to potentially win a game outright.

If anything Espathra shows why shed tail is broken, as it allows you to bring in espathra for free and potentially sweep a team just by using orthworm or cyclizar to start momentum with shed tail. Like I said oftentimes, you only need to pass one or two subs to potentially win a game outright.
has anyone tried normal terra espeed lucario
lucario @ normal terra
adamant ability:inner focus
252hp 252 atk 4def
sword dance
extreme speed
bullet bunch
earthquake etc
it is basically like dragonite and actually stronger after one swordance comoared to 1 dd with dragonnite theres no point in putting for speed since u rely on priority moves amd it has inner focus to not get its attack lowered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)