Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically this would be a meritocracy, not a democracy.

Aside from that, I'm ultimately not too surprised by the result, though I would've thought action would've been taken in the end. Now I think the most important thing is to take action against some of the worst offenders in the tier to start stabilising the Meta - mons like Chi-yu & Ape.

I think that a big reason it wasn't majority action is because people are scared to change something so major early into a meta. But it does make it frustrating knowing we could have acted on Chi-yu/ape/cyclizar etc before this suspect that ultimately changed nothing. I think another suspect after Home could result in action.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
As Finch said in the announcement, had Action been taken it would have just been Tera Team Preview. As a No Action voter myself, I wouldn't have minded that at all--frankly, I don't think it would have changed much of anything. But I'll enjoy this victory nonetheless. Looking forward to what the OU Council cooks up now regarding Bans and Suspects since as we all know, there are a lot of unbalanced elements of the meta game that have outstayed their welcome thanks to the Tera suspect.

Garrett

Banned deucer.
I cannot wait for half the SPL signups for SV OU to magically disappear. Anyways, the decision is ultimately whatever to me. I've been disappointed with tiering results before but I always refuse to get reqs, so that's on me. Chi-Yu should be gone immediately since we don't have a new metagame to pretend would influence Chi-Yu's (soon-to-be lack of a) place in OU.

Should have probably been a supermajority of 55%.
And I do believe we need to show Tera Types at team preview, especially since that's what the VGC forces you to do.

Reactions: YNM
59.26% bruh, this gotta be the closest shit ever. Well whatever, I was hoping for the reveal during team preview but I'm okay with the current status quo. Except for Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao. Those things are broken.
I consider Chi-Yu to be far more broken than Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu practically kills everything in its hindsight. It is still manageable sure but it is actually very difficult to even try that. Don't think about it #BanChiYu

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
So over 200 voters supported action on Tera and found out that their votes didn’t count because their voices were drowned out by a vocal minority, and now competitive is dead until the Council decides to retest it. Perhaps it’s time to make our voices known through more effective means. I suggest that anyone who voted for tiering action should boycott OU until a retest happens. The meta isn’t worth playing in its current state anyway, so you won’t lose anything of value by not playing it.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
I consider Chi-Yu to be far more broken than Chien-Pao, Chi-Yu practically kills everything in its hindsight. It is still manageable sure but it is actually very difficult to even try that. Don't think about it #BanChiYu
I absolutely agree, Chi-Yu is definitely the most problematic thing in the current metagame by a mile. But lately I've been noticing how strong Terastallized Banded Chien-Pao is, and considering how popular this set is getting I wouldn't be surprised if people started calling for it to get banned as well. Those two and Rage Fist are the only bans I really support right now.

I voted for Action but I can also understand the arguments of people that want to keep Tera intact in its full form. There's artistry and creativity in how Scarlet and Violet's generational gimmick can be applied both in teambuilder and in battle. The result is what it is, and I think we should focus on moving forward and trying to create the most competitive metagame possible. Let's get Chi-Yu out of here ASAP and maybe start suspecting some problematic mons (Annihilape comes to mind) in the coming weeks. I think the pro-Action people will be a lot happier if the best Tera abusers were dealt with. I think a big part of why many want to restrict Tera are the Tera users themselves. Tera is nowhere as overbearing in UU as it is in OU.

So over 200 voters supported action on Tera and found out that their votes didn’t count because their voices were drowned out by a vocal minority, and now competitive is dead until the Council decides to retest it. Perhaps it’s time to make our voices known through more effective means. I suggest that anyone who voted for tiering action should boycott OU until a retest happens. The meta isn’t worth playing in its current state anyway, so you won’t lose anything of value by not playing it.
"boycott ou" yeah like that's gonna happen lol

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I diagnose the Tera haters with an acute case of skill issue
Should have probably been a supermajority of 55%.
And I do believe we need to show Tera Types at team preview, especially since that's what the VGC forces you to do.
VGC is open team sheet for tournaments because there’s currently no way in game to lock a battle box. Were that function in the game, I don’t think tournaments would be open team sheet.

Go ahead then

Edit: I'm personally happy that Smogon is taking the risk and moving foward with this mechanic and hope the council takes this vote to heart.

I'm actually pretty curious about the "on the radar" section now (assuming Chi-Yu gets quickbanned). I assume Ape is the next thing to get looked at, but after that, there are so many directions to go, so many things that are at least a little bit of a problem. I'd probably put Chien-Pao (gen 8 Weavile but stronger) and Volcarona (a 6-0 machine that basically forces Skeledirge, Clodsire or CM Blissey) as my personal priorities, but I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for putting Cyclizar as their highest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)