Project SV ZU Teambuilding Competition

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokémon games always start by introducing you to the interactions between the three most simple typings in the game: Fire, Water, and Grass. Despite our Fire-type options being somewhat limited, the latest shifts gave us many cool Grass- and Water-type pokemon to experiment with.
Build a team featuring a FWG (Fire-Water-Grass) core and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 17th at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

:cacturne: :glaceon: :indeedee-f: :quaxwell: :camerupt: :tinkatuff: (click sprites for import)

Decided I wanted to build around Cacturne because I felt it deserved high on the vr so I wanted to showcase it. Originally the Cacturne was NP over Knock, but games / teams aren't slow / fat enough to justify ever clicking it over Knocks general utility. Paired it with Glaceon as a secondary breaker and Scarf Indeedee just to pressure the hell out of Tink, opted for Tera Psychic as Tink will most likely be chipped enough to justify it. Glace + Cac + Indeedee is a terrifying offensive core for teams to deal with. Quax + Camel rounded out my fwg core and covered a lot of bases. Tinkatuff was slapped on for key resistances specifically a Stone Edge resist and IDD check. Twave also helps mitigate the teams speed issue but I think this + Scarf IDD and Sucker from Cac should be enough to revenge kill most checks. I've really enjoyed this team and just clicking buttons with Cacturne / Glaceon. Hope yall enjoy the team :quagchamppogsire:

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Picsart_23-11-17_08-39-12-474.jpg

Importable: https://pokepast.es/02793d697bf12f8d

For this team I decided I wanted to build around Shell Smash Macargo since I think it can be a potent threat with the right support. On this team I opted for Tera Fairy on it. Fire / Fairy is such a potent combination and let it blast through typical checks like Gabite, Hakamo-o, etc. Fairy is also a good defensive typing which can let it take advantage of Weak Armor and resist priority moves like Sucker Punch. Even at -2 defense its good physical bulk lets it easily tank it from the likes of Cacturne. After a weak armor boost and Shell Smash you essentially outspeed everything so I went with Modest nature over Timid.

The defensive backbone is PhysDef Wish Leafeon + Spdef Tinkatuff. Leafeon gives as good as defensive check to opposing Lycan as you can get and pairs well with Tink whose main problem is lack of recovery wearing it down over time. Together these two can break down the opposing team with knock, rocks, and twave. Encore can also be useful lock opponent into unfavored move to get Macargo in and it disrupts setup sweepers in general. Phione is a nice pivot that helps patch up the weaknesses of this defensive core and safely bring in the offensive threats.

Lycanroc can act as a cleaner or wallbreaker as needed, finishing where Macargo left off or openning holes for it. Scarf Indeedee is pretty solid revenge killer or cleaner, appreciating Macargo and Lycan breaking down stuff like Tinkatuff and Sliggoo-H that generally wall it. It also has Healing Wish which is useful to give Macargo or Lycanroc a second wind if needed.

Hope you all enjoy the team and excuse my lackluster mobile formatting, I will do on PC for next one lol

Last edited:

diegoyuhhi

is a Pre-Contributor
:ditto:
:ditto:

This little purple blob is one of the most unique mons ever created, being able to copy any other opposing mon and to play as it, and for this reason it is quite an inconsistent pick for a team, thus usually not getting enough usage in the higher tiers and dropping to ZU.
Build a team featuring Ditto and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 24th at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
:Stonjourner: :Clefairy: :Flapple: :Ditto: :Tinkatuff: :Rotom-Fan:

Triple Choice + Double Fairies + One Setup Sweeper

Click on the sprites to access the team!

I made this during the first few hours of the suspect run. Following Lycanroc-N's ban, it was only natural for Stonjourner to take its place. I decided to equip Choice Band to make boost its already high Attack stat to frightening levels. Despite having Heat Crash, I chose Tera Steel to boost Heavy Slam and upgrade its defensive profile slightly (notably faring better against Indeedee). Tinkatuff and Clefairy are both excellent walls in their own right, with both providing Knock Off support, but with Clefairy trading a useful Steel-typing and Encore with extra longevity (Magic Guard and Moonlight). Tinkatuff is considered an elite wall right now and has a variety of utility moves to disrupt opposing foes. I found out Pickpocket was more useful than Mold Breaker to steal opposing Tinkatuffs's Eviolites. Wide Lens Flapple was interesting, as Hustle was unreliable at times (and Flapple already hit hard in the first place) and wanted to ensure that cleaning would be easier. Ditto was mostly standard Choice Scarf and ensured it would try to underpace non-EV'd Choice Scarf Dittos. Rotom-Fan, is well, Rotom-Fan, and provided some neat defensive utility with Tera Steel, Levitate, and was a great pivot/attacker all-around. I threw in Wisp to make the Gabite matchup easier.

diegoyuhhi

is a Pre-Contributor
:rotom-fan:
:rotom-fan:

The elephant in the room. Most ZU players hate it and say it's busted as fuck(!!!!!!!), and after the suspect ends this week it will most likely get banned, so why not give it a last shot before saying goodbye?
Build a team featuring Rotom-Fan and post it in this thread with a brief description.
Deadline is Friday 1sth at 10pm GMT+1.
Have fun!

1701125025926.png1701125166163.png1701125307153.png1701125372870.png1701125383278.png1701125396743.png

Fantom + SD Swalot Balanced

I played the very classic fantom set up double stab + pivoting because I was lacking, so tera elec to remove weakness & boost electric moves. I tried to make a good defensive core with, so I added a Swalot to take some Knock-Off (Tera gives a stab & a psychic immu) & retaliate with good power. I prefer Gunk Shot than Pjab here to hit stronger but both are playable. So with this core I needed a steel type, for psychic/ice resi notably, It's an actual excellent mon to stop many set ups with encore + Twave & it will be my rocker. After that I was weak to Frog, even if Tinka can in easily, he's not its job so, lumi's here, another good problem for set-ups, with encore & its excellent speedtier. Noctowl wasn't on the team in my main idea, but I didn't like my Hazards MU so I decided to add it, with its good special bulk, I like to play it max def to check Cacturne, Raboot, Dusknoir etc.. Last is Camerupt, my SI to others Fantom, with good damages with his powerful stabs & a 100 decent BS atk.

Specs Glace Voltturn
:indeedee-f: :glaceon: :quaxwell: :tinkatuff: :ampharos: :rotom-fan:

A team centered around specs glaceon breaking down special walls for fantom to sweep. Quaxwell and ampharos help bring in the teams threats, with scarf indeedee for some speed control. Tinkatuff rounds out the defensive core with its bag of utility, with pickpocket to steal opposing items after being knocked. Fantom is (BROKEN AS FUCK!!!) NP with tera steel to get help it against gabite and swalot.

:Krokorok:-:swalot:-:rotom-fan:-:Noctowl:-:Sawsbuck:

I took my team from the Swalot building contest and turned it into a hyper offensive team, with sd swalot, suicide lead taunt rocks krok, np fan, and the classic headbutt flinch cheese sawsbuck. Is not relevant now due to the drops today, but was fun beforehand, more about clicking buttons than maneuvering duggy around.

2nd team looks built well, I think mine is playable but more complicated to take charge because of my originality & i find joe's HO a bit frail & poorly finished
I recycled an old team in a couple hours for this comp, that's probably why it looks unfinished lol. I just wanted to have smthn posted and try out SD swallot and np fan.
My vote is also for team 2, sinnabyss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)