Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I'm disappointed to read they are still trying to push Wild Areas, which are the base game's weakest feature by far.

That being said, kinda surprised they were willing to eat so much dirt to keep the DLC stuff a surprise. Had half the world mad but they stood firm to their beliefs, damn.
Hey, it's the same guys that insist in making people socialize by trading, when Wonder Trading was introduced two generations ago.

Ema Skye

Work!
I dont think a big decision like this was made out of a spur of the moment reaction., especially with swsh still being actively worked on at the time. Not one, but 2 expansions? No, this was planned well in advance.

That being said, kinda surprised they were willing to eat so much dirt to keep the DLC stuff a surprise. Had half the world mad but they stood firm to their beliefs, damn.
I don't know if that would have even helped. Planned DLC is never popular.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So you're complimenting GameFreaks for having for once made a good campaign and managed to not reveal their entire generation plans before the game even launched? :mad:
Honestly nah, if the DLC was in development before SWSH's launch and they didn't use it to try to curb the outrage as soon as they could, then IMO that was an extremely bad call. Of course they didn't have to fucking reveal all the contents of the DLCs, but they could've easily said something like "We do intend to patch in more Pokemon later in such a way that you can transfer them in, stay tuned for more info."

I'm disappointed to read they are still trying to push Wild Areas, which are the base game's weakest feature by far.
This is strange to me...from everywhere i heard this was one of biggest standout and selling points of the game, casually and competitively. What makes it weak?

This is strange to me...from everywhere i heard this was one of biggest standout and selling points of the game, casually and competitively. What makes it weak?
It looks terrible
putting aside graphical limitations the area itself is just monumentally dull on every conceivable level
the weather system sucks
it's awkwardly placed in the game and its routing
when you have online communications on it somehow pops & stutters more as random npcs populate the place

Just about every casual friend I have whose played the games has followed the same arc of "Wow this is so cool, the future of pokemon" straight to "oh this kind of sucks and there's nothing here"

Oh, apparently Alolan Diglett is in the wild. Why Alolan Exeggutor isn’t is... :blobthinking:
Honestly I could see Alolan Exeggutor being too awkward to render in the overworld properly?
It is quite tall which har har yes but I'm not joking. It's very tall & the wild area calls a lot of pokemon on the field at a once. The area already has issues with pop in, something that twoers in the distance is not something these games can handle much less in large quantities

and so: shorty exeggutor

Not only there are wild Alolan Diglett, but there's a sidequest...

View attachment 254805

... to catch 151 of them. Which I guess I won't be doing.
Goddamnit not this GenWunner appealing shit again……

Wild Area was a fun concept but the idea was poorly executed. Weather is confined is incredibly small pockets that is as implausible as it could get, with the dens system there as if it's some afterthought.

The fun thing in particular to me is that Diglett was already in base game, so it’s cool to see them doing something i thought they would — putting regional variants in the DLC areas. 100% expecting Vulpix-A in Tundra

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
In the preview footage, Galarian Slowpoke moves first against a same-level Cinderace and Toxtricity multiple times (including while paralyzed) using Psychic, Psych Up, and Heal Pulse. Since these battles appear to be part of the story section where you chase a bunch of them down, they might be rigged to hint at whatever Quick Draw does, as Galarian Slowpoke itself has no access to effects that would allow this.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Alright, so there's gonna be some kind of level-scaling system, assumably to accommodate new save files who wanna head in the area immediately. But will evolutions be scaled? Or can we expect silly stuff like Scizors and Poliwraths in the 10s?

Alright, so there's gonna be some kind of level-scaling system, assumably to accommodate new save files who wanna head in the area immediately. But will evolutions be scaled? Or can we expect silly stuff like Scizors and Poliwraths in the 10s?
I kind of assume that some parts of the area still have a "minimum" level and its only once past that you start seeing things raise.

So if there was a trainer with a level 30 Poliwrath and you're still in...I dunno your 20s (or however this scaling works), you're going to be seeing it as a level 30 poliwrath. But once you exceed 30 it'll start raising in level.
Likewise I cant see you sneaking down to

In the preview footage, Galarian Slowpoke moves first against a same-level Cinderace and Toxtricity multiple times (including while paralyzed) using Psychic, Psych Up, and Heal Pulse. Since these battles appear to be part of the story section where you chase a bunch of them down, they might be rigged to hint at whatever Quick Draw does, as Galarian Slowpoke itself has no access to effects that would allow this.
What preview footage?

Ema Skye

Work!
Interesting. We already know Galar Slowpoke's abilities (Gluttony, Regenerator and Own Tempo) so I wonder what's causing this.

Interesting. We already know Galar Slowpoke's abilities (Gluttony, Regenerator and Own Tempo) so I wonder what's causing this.
Its probably those berries they love so much in their lore. Maybe they have increased priority when you are fighting these specific pokes? That or their speed is jacked up to 999 for these fights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)