June 6th 0900 to June 12th 0859 JST
  • Hidden Ability (Cursed Body) Galarian Corsola
  • Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, Sachet, Whipped Dream

June 12th 0900 JST to TBD
  • Hidden Ability (Unnerve) Galarian Meowth
  • 50x Big Nugget, 100x EXP Candy L

Source

Last edited:
Everything atill aeems to point to a mid June release, since Zarude is also supposed to be dropping in around the 15th
Only because it came with the Coco movie presale ticket and the code used to redeem Zarude was supposed to be usable starting on the 15th, but with the movie and presale ticket being delayed, we're not really sure when that will happen now. Everything could be delayed by a week or so, or maybe they'll stick with June 15th (it was never official, just us guessing) but Zarude being made available via another method.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
This is an interesting turn of events. I honestly expected the DLC to be pushed back with everything else that is going on, but it may have been a case it was mostly finished before Covid happened and they were polishing it up/waiting for the proper release window. The events are at least semi useful for people who want HA versions of those mons, and 50 Big nuggets is an enormous pile of money to use.

I don't expect Zarude to be happening when they said now either. Physical distribution has definitely been delayed so we don't really know when he will turn up.

With Osaka, Hyogo, and Kyoto rumored to be having their emergency states lifted soon, it'd leave Hokkaido, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, and Saitama as the only ones left. A further 23 Toho cinemas reopened today, but until those 5 prefectures go back to normal, I don't see the distribution happening. Social distancing is still a thing, and they really don't want Pokemon fans lining up at cinemas, convenience stores, and wherever else presale tickets may be sold.

In any case, there's no real rush on their end to release Zarude. While getting Zarude would be nice, there should hopefully be plenty to do in the DLC to keep us occupied for some time.

I think it's interesting that they're only giving away the Shield exclusive regional forms w/ Hidden Ability (*grumble grumble* I put way too much effort into obtaining them in Sword by myself).

Also, I can't be the only one who hoards these special Ball gifts, right? Like, they're super cool and there are some Pokemon that I think would look great in them, but they're so limited I can't part with them!

I think it's interesting that they're only giving away the Shield exclusive regional forms w/ Hidden Ability (*grumble grumble* I put way too much effort into obtaining them in Sword by myself).

Also, I can't be the only one who hoards these special Ball gifts, right? Like, they're super cool and there are some Pokemon that I think would look great in them, but they're so limited I can't part with them!
It's a pretty odd gift to be giving right now honestly, given it's been stated that Apricorn Balls will be able to be obtained in a renewable way in Isle of Armour. Maybe I should take this as a hint that it's just really limited, like one or two a day?

The Galarian Meowth distribution is stated to end when the Isle of Armor DLC is released. That's why the end date is not mentioned.
While the end date isn't mentioned for Galarian Meowth, all the others last for 6-7 days. So I feel pretty confident in saying Isle of Armour will be released on or close to June 19th.

It's a pretty odd gift to be giving right now honestly, given it's been stated that Apricorn Balls will be able to be obtained in a renewable way in Isle of Armour. Maybe I should take this as a hint that it's just really limited, like one or two a day?

While the end date isn't mentioned for Galarian Meowth, all the others last for 6-7 days. So I feel pretty confident in saying Isle of Armour will be released on or close to June 19th.
Yeah my thought processe when they went out of their way to say each one will last 1 week over the next 4 weeks in the lead up to Isle of Armor was "oh you're releasing once Mewoth is done, which will also run for one week"

Buying apricorn balls will probably be available later in the dlc so its not like there's not incentive to get them now.
and they're nice eye-catching things to put as bonus giveaways, like the evolution items and level up goods.

Both of which are probably not great at "preparing" you for Isle of Armor because it's available the moment you hit the wild area so taking advantage of either will just make you totally trounce through all the content.

So we have a rough guess of when it will release, Zarude is still unknown release date wise. But probably around the same time. May as well release them together.

For returning Pokemon, is there anything new that has been officially shown? Or at least something we can fairly reasonably guess?

So we have a rough guess of when it will release, Zarude is still unknown release date wise. But probably around the same time. May as well release them together.

For returning Pokemon, is there anything new that has been officially shown? Or at least something we can fairly reasonably guess?
They have shown absolutely nothing of any returning Pokemon since the DLC's unveil. Much less show anything of note about the dlc at all

Which is something I’m quite happy about, too much info (any more info tbh) would ruin it for me. A release date confirmation would be nice but hey its not that big of a deal if it hasn’t been delayed at all.
Cant say that it had to be delayed if you never announce the release date *insert GalaxyBrain emoji*

Cant say that it had to be delayed if you never announce the release date *insert GalaxyBrain emoji*
Sounds like it is on track though. But we'll see. I assume they will announce a date at least two weeks in advance.

But yes, this does give them that flexibility.

I remember that. But I'd assume for an expansion pass they would let people know more in advance since it is more like a game. But who knows I guess.
Well yes and not, since you can preorder it, nothing stops them from activating them and a message popping in game.

That said... honestly those gift releases are a huge "HEY GUYS, EXPECT THE DLC TO RELEASE JUST AFTER THE LAST GIVEAWAY" message to me.

Cinemas in Tokyo will be allowed to reopen on June 1st. Probably still doesn't really mean much until the cinemas themselves go back to normal, though.

Given that there will need to be a game update anyway, and thus there isn't the worry about backwards compatibility with vanilla SwSh like there's been with "third versions" and remakes before, what are the odds that we see some balance patches with the DLC release?
I assume you mean stat reworks or changes to how things like DYnamax or whatever works?
I doubt it. Strictly speaking they could* do it before: the game defaults to the workings of the latest game, I just don't think they're interested in rebalancing Pokemon like that. They'd rather just introduce new things.

Hell they'd rather do new things anyway "compatability" be damned, remember that ORAS had exclusive megas and moves and everything. USUM had brand new Pokemon!

*There is one instance I can think of where they actually did do a proper balance patch mid-gen: DP -> Platinum had Hypnosis nerfed from 70% back to its usual 60%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)