Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Sorry I feel like I should explain the team a little bit. It's actually strong in the meta.

Celebi is the main Conkeldurr and Zeraora answer. With Colbur Berry you 100% counter Conkeldurr (not like Hippowdon for instance that can lose to Close Combat Conk).
Colbur Berry + Toxic lets it beat every possible set of Zeraora (Bulk Up / Calm Mind especially). Toxic is also good against Pokemons like Cosmic Power Mew.
Celebi also counters Dracovish (but you always go Toxapex first to scout the move and eventually use Baneful Bunker to poison it).
56 Spe makes it faster than Band Vish so Fishious Rend does 30% max max.
Psychic is actually not so bad because it can force Toxapex out.
Its ability Natural Cure is very good when you have to play around Toxic Spikes.

Stall is always better with an offensive presence. I think the past proved it many times (Dugtrio / Old Lax / Stallbreaker Mew / Gothitelle / Weavile / Pursuit / etc.).
Zeraora pressures the opposing team when needed. It can always revenge kill stuff because you know, it is the fastest Pokemon in the tier, meaning you're never getting 6-0'd easily, if that makes any sense (it always gives you some counterplay, no matter how bad your match up is).
Zeraora can apply pressure against bulkier teams and break them / clean, late game.
It is also a great Togekiss check.

Really standard set for stall. Unaware / Heal Bell are mandatory.
Max SpDef is better (Rotom-heat, Hydreigon, Dragapult, Kyurem, Togekiss, etc.)

Snorlax is probably the best SpDef wall right now (with Clef).
It's my answer to Specs Aegislash, Kyurem, Venusaur, Dragapult, Clefable, Chandelure. It helps to check Rotom, and Gengar too.
With Curse it is a very strong offensive tool, you can even fish for para to help Zera to break.

Toxapex is the defensive pivot.
Baneful Bunker is mandatory against Band Dracovish. It is also useful in general to scout moves (especially against choice locked Pokemons).
Haze is mandatory too (against SD Aegislash, Bisharp, Primarina, Mimikyu, DD Dragapult, etc.).
I figured Knock Off is a better option than Scald. Most of the time when using Scald you just want the burn to invalidate the Leftovers recovery: just Knock them Off instead ! Knock'ing Off Leftovers helps Snorlax / Zeraora to break late game so it is a very strong move here.
Scald is pretty bad in my opinion because Clefable / Seismitoad are going to switch and you will never do something useful to them. Knock Off hits a LOT of stuff: Clefable, Seismitoad, Rotom-Heat (it's better to remove the Boots than using Scald), Dragapult, Hydreigon, Ferro, Toxapex, Chandelure, Gengar, etc. etc.
Knock Off (+ Haze) also makes Toxapex a very good counter to Life Orb Dragon Dance + Fire Blast Dragapult.

Iron Defense Corviknight counters DD / SD users like Excadrill, Bisharp, Gyarados and more.
It also means Iron Defense Kommo-o can't set up Rocks against you.
Iron Defense + Body Press can put pressure on some teams.
I use 80 Spe to be faster than Conk, in case it's needed (but Celebi is the main counter).

Overall, I really think it is solid, it is only weak to borderline threats like: Diggersby (80 Spe Celebi may fix the issue), Crawdaunt and a few others probably. But again, you can still play agressively with Zeraora / Lax when you have a poor match up.
If that means anything to you (it should not), I went 40-3 on ladder when testing it. I didn't even try hard at all, so it can go much higher honestly.

Quick replay against HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1115713866
Try it if you like stall :)

Last edited:
Thank you for feedback, below is an improved version assuming Dracovish gets banned (if not, it is still a great team but a bit weak to Band Dracovish which is why I prefered Celebi for now). I think it fixes every issue that last team had.

:mew: :rotom-heat: :clefable: :snorlax: :toxapex: :corviknight:

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Heat Crash

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press

Changes and thought process:
That last team I posted has some issues against Spikes Ferrothorn, and especially Ferrothorn + Hippowdon cores.
They can easily pressure Corviknight and you lose on long term. Zeraora can't break the core either.

In a non Dracovish metagame, we can now use Mew over Celebi.
That means we can use Double Defog. And this fixes the Ferrothorn weakness.
I don't think anything can set up Spikes / Stealth Rock against Defog Mew + Defog Corviknight (besides HO lead).

Replacing Celebi with Mew makes the team a bit weak to Zeraora, however.
That is why Rotom-Heat should be used over Zeraora on that new team.
Speed control and applying pressure with Zeraora is no longer mandatory with Double Defog because the defensive coverage gets improved a lot.

Sets explanation:

Mew

Defog is what improves the team a lot. Double Defog (Mew + Corviknight) makes the team pretty much impossible to pressure with Entry Hazards and this has to be the most important feature on a pure stall team.
Will-o-wisp is mandatory because you want Mew to be able to Defog against Bisharp. With wisp, Mew also pressures Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, ... and is able to counter Bulk Up Zeraora, Excadrill, Terrakion, etc. In general, it makes it hard to switch into and it's not passive with wisp.
Psychic is its stab and hits Conkeldurr, Kommo-o, Toxapex.
With 80 SPE, this Mew is a good Diggersby check (which was a big threat to the previous team). Colbur Berry still makes it a counter to Conkeldurr / Knock Off Zeraora, and allows it to will-o-wisp something like Bisharp / Crawdaunt / Tyranitar with no risk.

Rotom-Heat
It is better than Zeraora on this version of the team. It is still a Togekiss answer and a wallbreaker.
I use Leftovers because 99% of the time you will play with no SR on your side. Passive recovery is important, all the more since it makes it win the 1v1 against Unaware Spdef Clefable. Toxic is mandatory to break Seismitoad / Rhyperior / Unaware Clefable / Unaware Quagsire. And it has uses in general (gives you an answer to Cosmic Power + Stored Power sh*t for instance). Discharge spreads paralyzes which is a cool combo with Snorlax.
Rotom-Heat is another Diggersby check.
The spread makes it faster than Gyarados and everything it needs to outspeed (Togekiss, Diggersby).

Clefable
Nothing changes.

Snorlax
Nothing changes.
Just want to say that Heat Crash is important if you don't want to get 6-0'd by Growth Venusaur.
It is very unlikely that Gengar runs Nasty Plot / Focus Blast / Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave (no Shadow Ball) so you will always be able play around Gengar quite easily without Darkest Lariat on Snorlax (with Toxapex + Snorlax).

Toxapex
If Dracovish goes to Uber, we can use Scald > Baneful Bunker again.
(If not, keep Baneful Bunker)

Corviknight
Nothing changes.

I believe this team will be very, very hard to break (at least if you think that last one was decent, this one is definitely stronger, in a non Dracovish metagame). Obviously it won't be usable after DLC, I still wanted to share it.

EDIT2: New version because of Libero Cinderace:
https://pokepast.es/252063e9a03dfbcc
-> Max def bold Clefable to check Bulk Up Cinderace.
-> Baneful Bunker > Scald Toxapex also helps to beat Cinderace and is great vs choiced lock wallbreakers.
-> 8 Spdef on Toxapex lets it survive Freeze-Dry from modest Specs Kyurem at full, so you Knock it Off (because without SpDef Clefable this is a threat).
-> Made Corviknight max def to counter Bisharp better.
-> Bold Unaware Clefable improves the team's match up against SD Crawdaunt and a few other threats. But weakens it against Hydreigon (that's the only downside).

Last edited:
Primarina Hazard Spam

Restrictive hazard spam team with a Sub CM Primarina on it. Taunt Kommo-o lures in Clef, prevents it from passing Wishes to teammates and allows a free switch into another hazard setter or Primarina to get a free Sub. Pex absorbs opposing T-Spikes and deters set-up, Knock Off Ferro limits opposing Heatom's longevity which is ideal given how annoying it can be. Heatom directly removes opposing Defoggers and can manage Zeraora along with Kommo-o. SpexHex Pult acts as speed control and can tidy up quite nicely with the T-Spikes support. It can restrict the actions of standard teams quite nicely and grind them down cleanly over time if you can maintain your positioning well.

Last edited:
SubCM Primarina + NP Salazzle

Here is a fun build around of my favorite cores in the tier. Primarina is an amazing balance breaker in the tier with lots of opportunities to set up against common Balance teams and Salazzle handles with some big annoyances such as Toxicing Pex and being able to beat Ferrothorn , watch out for Knock Off though. Hex Pult appreciates the hazard spread from Scald and Toxic and has Thunder Wave to cripple speedier threats. Clefable is super nice bringing in teams in safely , keeping them healthy , and keeps thing like Kyurem in check. Mandibuzz provides the team hazard removal and dark resist for the team. Ferrothorn helps in checking Bisharp , Excadrill , and Zeraora , though if opposing Primarina become a nuisance then Power Whip should be considered running.

#1 Stall team

:mew: :rotom-heat: :mandibuzz: :toxapex: :chansey: :quagsire:

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Pain Split

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

A lot of people start to have this team so here is the paste.
It uses Double Defog to prevent entry hazards.
Phys Def Mandibuzz helps to counter Dark Urshifu, Marowak-Alola, Sword Dance Rillaboom.
Thunder Wave on Chansey is to paralyze Magearna, Gengar, Alakazam, Volcarona, CM Clefable, CM Reuniclus. Once Magearna has been paralized, you beat it with Toxapex (it outspeeds and use Haze unless Magearna runs more than 108 spe) or Rotom-Heat.
Rocky Helmet is to punish Urshifu and Triple Axel Weavile (it hits 3 times so it takes ton of recoil).
The rest is very standard:
Mew beats Conkeldurr, Zerora, Mamoswine.
Rotom-Heat beats Togekiss, Sword Dance Rillaboom and pressure a lot of cores. Pain Split is to heal.
Quagsire>Clefable as the Unaware user because team would be weak to Bisharp with Clefable and having counterplay to Volt Switch is very important.

#2 Sand Rush Excadrill + Magnezone Semi Stall

:hippowdon: :excadrill: :mandibuzz: :toxapex: :chansey::magnezone:

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt

Here's a team more people will like I think.
It uses Magnezone + Toxic spam to beat most Excadrill checks.

Last edited:
#1 Stall team

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Pain Split

Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Phys Def Mandibuzz helps to counter Dark Urshifu, Marowak-Alola, Sword Dance Rillaboom.
Thunder Wave on Chansey is to paralyze Magearna, Gengar, Alakazam, Volcarona, CM Clefable, CM Reuniclus. Once Magearna has been paralized, you beat it with Toxapex (it outspeeds and use Haze unless Magearna runs more than 108 spe) or Rotom-Heat.
Rocky Helmet is to punish Urshifu and Triple Axel Weavile (it hits 3 times so it takes ton of recoil).
Rotom-Heat beats Togekiss, Sword Dance Rillaboom and pressure a lot of cores. Pain Split is to heal.
Quagsire>Clefable as the Unaware user because team would be weak to Bisharp with Clefable and having counterplay to Volt Switch is very important.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt

I love your teams, they helped me a lot. I tried your Zone with Life Orb in a totally different team, and it's awesome. Big TY, I want to see more of your teams :D

FD2C9404-29E8-4AE1-A792-B8F2020F6DA7.jpeg
9DEA82EA-B70E-48C7-AC2B-C5943274E568.jpeg
229FDB05-739C-423F-B730-2EB2413D975B.jpeg
6881F9CA-A60E-46C8-AE8D-A564D44695C3.png
66F937F8-FF1C-456C-9F1C-3E9718734332.jpeg
B5889326-C653-476A-9EE1-31FF80693114.jpeg

Magearna @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

A pretty solid team that helped me reach mid ladder (1500s-1600s) at the time this was posted. Electro Ball does more than Tbolt to Pex.

252 SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 112-132 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

(After Shift Gear) 252 SpA Magearna Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 184-218 (60.5 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

CB Azumarill is the teams breaker and the check to Volc and Hydreigon

Mandi spread is for maximizing as much physical bulk as possible for Urshifu, Rilla, and Wak while speed creeping Adamant Max Speed Azumarill.

Hippo spread is for CM Mag and checking Zam while taking 2 Pyro Balls from Cinderace after rocks.

252+ Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Hippowdon: 156-184 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Heattom is here to stallbreak and to check Cinderace and Mag.

Scarf Gar is for speed control and Trick support.

Post-DLC provisional team dump:

Volc + Sub DD Pult

Pult and Volc make a great pair, covering mutual checks quite nicely. Trick Specs Mag is immediate power and decent support for mutual nuisances. Defensive and utility trio.

Triple Bunny Offence

Choiced Cinderace and Mag are both great mons to support Belly Drum Azu's sweep. T-Wave Pult is great speed control to slow threats like Fu, Zam, Mag, etc. Defensive and utility pairing.

Triple Axel Weavile Veil

Triple Axel Weavile Veil.

Future Sight Slowbro + Fu Spikes

Future Sight forces out things that get murdered by Fu (shoutouts The Amuse from Discord for the core). Spikes support capitalises on the forced switches.

Lycanroc + Toxic Zeraora

Toxic Zera baits in Tang, Hippo, Kommo-o, etc and softens them up for the breakers. Hydra and Roc go wild. Defensive and utility trio.

Scarf Keld + Zam and Heatom

Keld lures in food for Zam and Heatom and Flip Turns on their faces. Knock Off Zam baits and catches Chansey to open up the special forces. Defensive and utility trio.

Lunatone Balance

Does absolutely nothing and you lose, but it's early meta and everything's still wack so you might as well use some stupid shit.

Last edited:
#1 Stall team

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Pain Split

Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt

Why is your Manibuzz Bold instead of Impish?
Foul Play and Confusion aren’t that bad, and with Impish, your Knock Off can actually OHKO Alakazam 100% of the time.
0- Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 248-294 (98.8 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 276-326 (109.9 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A possibility to OHKO Gengar
0 Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 222-264 (85 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 200-236 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and well doing more damage in general at the cost of taking slightly more damage from confusion and foul play, the former you don’t take much from and the latter you already resist.

Why is your Manibuzz Bold instead of Impish?
Foul Play and Confusion aren’t that bad, and with Impish, your Knock Off can actually OHKO Alakazam 100% of the time.
0- Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 248-294 (98.8 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 276-326 (109.9 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A possibility to OHKO Gengar
0 Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 222-264 (85 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 200-236 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and well doing more damage in general at the cost of taking slightly more damage from confusion and foul play, the former you don’t take much from and the latter you already resist.
Thank you, there was no reason for Bold Mandibuzz.
I also edited its Speed, should be 16 to outspeed Azumarill.

:corviknight: :cinderace: :rillaboom: :marowak-alola: :azumarill:

So i wanted to based this team on Black Glasses Urshifu, which has the side effect of luring Magearna since you spam Wicked Blow. Cinderace is another lure, Libero allows Cinderace to not feel necessary to run Pyro Ball, even though it helps against magearna. Some of these sets are obscure but still a fun team to try out. Its my favorite team by far. Also im an avid Banded Azu Fan, i know its not as solid as BD but everyone expects that

Raichu-Alola Electric-Terrain offense(Peaked #1)
:Pincurchin: :Raichu-Alola: :Cinderace: :Clefable: :Crawdaunt: :Tangrowth:

Proof of Peak
I originally wanted to RMT this team seeing my success with it and it was probably the best team I built for when I played a lot of ladder, but WCOP brought new threats such as Gunk Shot Cinderace and showed the power of sun, 2 huge weaknesses to this team, that I could not easily fix, especially bad on paper. I've passed it out a ton of times and here are the 1825 partners for Raichu-Alola and here are the 1695 ones. If I did my calculations right, this team was used on about 1/3 of the 1825 teams with Raichu-Alola and 1/5th of the 1695 teams.

I'll go over my team, since some of my team choices were definitely surprising. Pincurchin is a terrain setter and the EV spread is to 2hko phys def Clefable to actually somewhat pressure some types of balances with its power as well as having maximum physical bulk to help against Urshifu. Toxic Spikes are also really handy since it pressures most defoggers. Raichu-Alola runs an atypical set with Substitute + Nasty Plot, in order to dodge Sucker Punch and to ease predictions against a team trying to stall out the terrain, with Surf hitting grounds like Hippowdon and Excadrill as well as Rotom-H and magnet to dodge LO damage which helps a lot on a win condition. The EV spread allows Raichu to outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill in Terrain as well as get 4 substitutes and live a Mandibuzz Foul Play. Raichu-Alola's Rising Voltage is also incredibly powerful, and even common electric resists like PhysDef Ferrothorn and Kommo-o take 80% minimum, but it cannot break through pokemon like Rillaboom, making it rather niche, since using it surrenders defensive Utilty. Court Change Cinderace is the main form of hazard control since it helps offensive teams like this one quickly gain an upper hand in the hazard game and help it make progress and a Pivot set forces out threats to the Raichu, including most grasses and steels. WishPort Clefable might be an odd pick without a Stealth Rocker and being an offensive team, but its primarily for the move Teleport itself, since Clefable can pivot in and out of many common defensive mons, such as Toxapex as well as threaten a Wish + Teleport, helping the team quickly gain momentum. Protect scouts what move choice users like Magearna are going for. In longer games, Wish + Port into Crawdaunt is an amazing breaking strategy, since it circumvents Clefable being worn down very quickly. SD Crawdaunt is a fantastic revenge killer and overall breaker. AV Tang with some physdef is an incredible glue pokemon, since it can take hits from threats to this team from both sides of the spectrum like Dragapult, Alakazam, and pivot into Specs Magearna. as well as Physical attackers such as Excadrill, Zeraora, Rillaboom, and Urshifu.

• The team's general idea is to use Crawdaunt as an early game wallbreaker, helping against grasses looking to bait an Aqua Jet and if it does click SD on the switch, most grasses just die. Rillaboom functions differently, but after a single spike, a +0 knock off takes it out.
  • Cinderace is used as an offensive pivot, since its checks usually are Bulky Waters like Toxapex and Slowbro, which Raichu-Alola can set up on and Bulky Grounds like Hippowdon and Rhyperior, which Crawdaunt breaks.
  • Against a large threat to this team, like Gunk Shot Cinderace, it is often best not to waste turns wishing up Clefable and just raw teleporting out, letting your wallbreakers do the job.
  • Teleport Clefable generates momentum against most defensive pokemon and usually pressures offensive steel types in to block a wishport, allowing it to consistently RawPort into Cinderace.
  • Toxic Spikes Pincurchin generates momentum since it forces in a TSpike absorber or defogger, both of which Pincurchin beats
  • Avoid throwing out too many Knock Offs with Tangrowth since Knocking off a Toxapex or Tangrowth will let them avoid the KO from a +2 Crawdaunt.

Raichu-Alola @ Magnet
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 48 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Surf
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Rising Voltage
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Sucker Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Court Change

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

https://pokepast.es/542f45432dbdeea0

this team hard carried me from 1000 -> 1500 when I was going for magearna reqs, this team may not last forever (hint hint, mag may me banned)
- but it is focused on crippling opponents with pex, toxic hippo, thunder wave pult, and toxic knock mandi, and specs magearna to break through cores with fleur, volt, and trick
- then focus on hex pult and specs mag endgame.

This is a pretty good team for low - mid ladder, ( so far at least) so its usable. :tada

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Grassy Terrain Hyper Offense
:rillaboom: :zeraora: :hawlucha: :mew: :dragapult: :togekiss:

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Mew @ Red Card
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Explosion

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Steel Wing
- Dragon Darts
- Fire Blast

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

HO Stall
https://pokepast.es/f7fd14d28a4273df
This team is garbage but its fun to mess around in low ladder with it
Hyper Stall!

Why Iron Head > Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn? Anything around base 47 speed+ will take more from Gyro Ball, and it's not like either move is going to do much to Slowbro or A-Marowak. Consider Body Press as well. Despite how the mechanics are implied you actually do get the attack buff from Choice Band and can use it to break through Defog birds / other Ferrothorn.

Honestly just run NP on Slowbro-G. Shell Side Arm is probably better than Sludge Wave.

Drop the HP EVs on Blissey for Special Attack. You retain 91% the bulk but gain 33% more special attack. You should probably run Modest as well.

You can probably afford Modest on Clefable. I'm not exactly sure what Timid beats that Modest doesn't besides Modest Magnezone.

Drop the Attack EVs on Corvi for more sp defense. Probably Substitute > Iron Head as well to PP stall Fire Blasts / Tbolts more effectively.

I know that you're going for Hyper Stall but that Toxapex set is just awful. If you want to "sweep" with Pex just run Block / Spite lol. Or just run SD Tangrowth instead.

Katy

Banned deucer.
volt-turn with 2 setup-pokémon

:corviknight: :clefable: :weavile: :alakazam: :zeraora: :toxapex:

importable:
Corviknight (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Roost
- U-turn

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

description: teams built around 3 pretty fast pkmn in the metagame, weavile, alakazam and zeraora, but lets kick it off with corviknight first; corvi is the defogger of this team and brings the offensive powerhouses like zam, weav and zera in via u-turn, furthermore it has body press to dish out damage on incoming magnezones, which is its biggest threat currently. clefable is the defensive rocker with moonblast and flamethrower, flamethrower acts like lure to drill, zone, oppsing corvi and venu in sun, since it takes a good chunk from flamethrower, soft-boiled is its prefered form of recovery. weavile has the HDBs and swords dance + 3 attacks to break teams with triple axel, ice shard and a strong stab knock offwhereas alakazam has nasty plot to boost its great spatt even further and to blast out some hard hits with psychic and dazzling gleam, d-gleam is for urshifu, hydreigon and mandibuzz, the last slot is reserved for some form of longevity with recover. zeraora is a great offensive pivot with HDBs and volt switch and it has a strong plasma fist and close combat, close combat is mainly for blissey and chansey and helps zam breaking these threats, g-knot is its last move as hippo + drill cores are thriving in usage recently and g-knot helps zeraora to take care of the first member of this core, hippo. last mon is pex as a fire-resist and it has haze + toxic to wear down threats like volcarona, to combat cm primarina and is a secondary check to urshifu both versions.​

volt-turn with 2 setup-pokémon

:corviknight: :clefable: :weavile: :alakazam: :zeraora: :toxapex:

importable:
Corviknight (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Body Press
- Roost
- U-turn

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

description: teams built around 3 pretty fast pkmn in the metagame, weavile, alakazam and zeraora, but lets kick it off with corviknight first; corvi is the defogger of this team and brings the offensive powerhouses like zam, weav and zera in via u-turn, furthermore it has body press to dish out damage on incoming magnezones, which is its biggest threat currently. clefable is the defensive rocker with moonblast and flamethrower, flamethrower acts like lure to drill, zone, oppsing corvi and venu in sun, since it takes a good chunk from flamethrower, soft-boiled is its prefered form of recovery. weavile has the HDBs and swords dance + 3 attacks to break teams with triple axel, ice shard and a strong stab knock offwhereas alakazam has nasty plot to boost its great spatt even further and to blast out some hard hits with psychic and dazzling gleam, d-gleam is for urshifu, hydreigon and mandibuzz, the last slot is reserved for some form of longevity with recover. zeraora is a great offensive pivot with HDBs and volt switch and it has a strong plasma fist and close combat, close combat is mainly for blissey and chansey and helps zam breaking these threats, g-knot is its last move as hippo + drill cores are thriving in usage recently and g-knot helps zeraora to take care of the first member of this core, hippo. last mon is pex as a fire-resist and it has haze + toxic to wear down threats like volcarona, to combat cm primarina and is a secondary check to urshifu both versions.​
What are the peaks of this team?

It's a shame that my first addition to this thread will be another hyperstall, but I was inspired by carsonwastaken to make one, so here it is.

:ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Blissey: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Mew: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Slowbro:

https://pokepast.es/324d47e1cb91dc34

Suicide Lead Mew, with 5 'offensive threats'. MVPs of the team are definitely Mandibuzz and Clefable. They have won the most games for me. I'll update Mandi's spread when I have the time, but it's chill, the idea stands.

Edit: Mandibuzz's spread has been updated to hit 500 speed at +2, outspeeding things like modest shift gear Toxtricity, Scarf Rachi, and +1 Timid Volcarona. JinLong88 he's like a bird, chasing moths.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)