Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
So I just won the Sylvemons Open despite not really ever quite understanding what was going on, but half of my opponents forgot that mawile wasn't steel-type anymore so it's all good, here's some teams that preformed decently well for me:

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Meteor Mash

Magearna (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: housekeeping
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 84 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Xurkitree @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- ionabsorb

Wishiwashi @ graduationscale
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Krookodile @ Earth Plate
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch

Parasect @ anguishbandanna
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Spore
- Bug Bite
- Synthesis
- shadowcharge
So I built this team around CB Metagross because Technician Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, and Stomping Tantrum all sounded hella nice and it was, OHKOed a MegaMaw turn 1 in game 3 with Bullet Punch and later that game cleaned the rest of the team once it was weakened. Hell CB Tantrum KO'd a Crawdaunt from like 80%, strong boy. Scarf Jirachi is the best Jirachi set because fuck kartana and healing wish is the best. Xurkitree never ended up doing shit in any games because he could never hit any sleep powders but in theory he's just a better version of vanilla xurk. Wishiwashi can tank powerful physical attacks and net momentum, awesome Healing Wish recipient. Krook sets rocks and generally just hits hard. Parasect has PRIORITY SPORE and actually decent bulk now that he's not held back by the worst typing in the game. Minimum speed on him and wishiwashi because fuck trick room.

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Flygon @ Insect Plate
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 104 HP / 180 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Twineedle
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Magearna (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 84 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Goodra @ serenitybrace
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpA / 24 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- rinseoff

Wishiwashi @ graduationscale
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Klinklang @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 76 SpA / 188 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gear Grind
- Facade
Built this one around Sand Stream Palossand because hell yeah huge recovery and sand chip+a cool defensive type that counters annoying stuff like Scizor. Colbur is there so you don't click X when the opponent has Knock Off. Flygon is a cool pivot, U-Turn hits hard even against resists because of tinted lens, decent bulk (lived a Fleur Cannon!) and recovery. Scarf Rachi best Rachi. Goodra really messes with rain (see replay 2 of the finals), also shits on stuff like Heatran and Volcanion. Wishiwashi is my anti-TR measure and physical sponge if need be. Klinklang is actually broken, 1 shift gear and you just win. HP Ice is tech for Lando but Wild Charge/any other weird moves he got are probably better in that slot, if so get rid of SpA EVs and go adamant.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Ball

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- acidmelt

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- stalwartsword

Flygon @ Insect Plate
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 104 HP / 180 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Twineedle
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: magichealing
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Moonlight
- Taunt
- Hex
Built this team around MegaZam would would be way better with Trace (the rain matchup especially). Generic fast and strong special attacker, normal zam also can fuck with stall so that's cool. Nihilego is a much better scarfer now that it has a spammable STAB in Acid Melt, nothing like OHKOing a Jirachi or Magearna with Nihilego. Chansey is fat and has housekeeping. Steel Z Kartana is stupidly powerful, especially with Stalwart Sword giving random defense boosts. Flygon does that same role in the previous team+blocks volt switch. Missy never really does anything but in theory should break stall if stall existed.

So, with the Open behind us, we have a lot of things to talk about

Thank You!
Firstly, thank you to all of the participants, as well as everyone who contributed with their subs, and to charizard8888 and AquaticPanic for getting everything coded, and to Reviloja753 for creating the Pet Mod. None of this would've happened without every one of you!

Results of the Open
1st - leonard (from big bang theory) (his teams above this post)
2nd - Moosical
3rd - dom
3rd - Gojiratar

Reflections
So, the Open gave us a chance to see a lot. What's broken, bugs, what teams show up, etc.

So, first, let's get the elephant of the room out of the way:
np: USUM SylveMons Stage 0 - Out of Time

It's finally happening.
It's finally time.

After speaking with AquaticPanic and Open winner leonard, something needed to be done about our Musharna overlords, so the SylveMons council has decided to Ban Time Warp and keep Room Extender legal. Trick Room was used in almost every set of the Open, winning nearly every game it was in. And, every game it lost, the opposing player was required to have a Housekeeping user, usually Chansey or Jirachi. Restricting teambuilding to being forced to use one of three mons to not lose to a certain archetype is a tell-tale sign that something is over-centralizing. However, we originally thought that Jirachi and Chansey were such amazing walls that Time Warp could stay legal as they struggled to break Chansey or deal with Jirachi's pivoting ability. However, the Open showed that Trick Room teams have extremely powerful wallbreakers like Marowak-Alola, Mega Mawile, Crawdaunt, and Mega Camerupt who can dispatch Chansey and/or Jirachi with relative ease, especially with the strain that the Housekeeping mons already have put on them having to switch in to Trick Room constantly. This meant the best forms of Trick Room counterplay could often fail to keep Trick Room in check. Not to mention, other counterplay either wastes a turn (Defog, Bulldoze, Pragma Strike), was impractical (wasting Splintered Stormshards), or could easily backfire (Dimension Warp), which is why they weren't seen at all, thus allowing Trick Room to run even more wild. So, at the end of the day, we believe it's best for the state of the meta if Time Warp is finally removed.

If anyone has any serious objections to this, feel free to post your opinion.

tl:dr Time Warp banned, Room Extender legal

Now, with the banning of Time Warp, a lot of things will change:
- Stakataka will more than likely be retested, as now it either has to waste a moveslot on Trick Room or rely on something else with Trick Room
- Chansey and Jirachi will still be amazing to have, but not required
- Dimension Warp and Pragma Strike are going to be even less common
- Weather and Terrain teams, as well as Hyper Offense will greatly improve
- Manual Trick Room still has a place in the meta and looks to still be pretty powerful
- Beheeyem and Claydol suck now
- Musharna is okay, but likely outclassed by Cresselia, only boasting higher Special Attack and access to Teleport
- Celebi is pretty good with it's new Grass/Fairy-typing making it even better as a Nasty Plot user

Outside from Trick Room, Articuno is definitely getting retested. Jury is out on Regice, but it's likely. Raichu-Alola may stay banned as it's even more ridiculous without needing to worry about Trick Room as much.​

So, after all that, we still have a couple things to mention.
Firstly, here are all of the bugs I found during the course of the Open.
- Blue Herb Glitch: Holder's deals little damage after activation
- A Meloetta holding a Relic Charm with Technician will have it's ability reverted back to Serene Grace when it transforms (the same thing likely happens with Sheer Force RageCandyBar Darmanitan)
- Graduation Scale is able to be knocked off
- (1 layer of) Toxic Spikes don't work
- Ion Absorb is extremely weak
- Weather Warrior's Crystal doesn't activate in certain weathers
- Roserade has the ability Leaf Guard instead of Technician

zard, our resident coder, has been unavailable for a little bit, so these may take awhile to be fixed, so please keep these glitches in mind whilst playing.

Lastly, Usage Stats will go here once I or someone else collects them.
Here they are!

Moving Forward
So, with the Open over, I know everyone is excited to start subbing again. However, we can't get there quite yet as the PMGS playoffs are coming up and SylveMons is still being played (speaking of which, Time Warp will probably stay unbanned for that). So, adding new components to the metagame wouldn't be fair to the players who make the playoffs, and if the new components aren't coded, then that creates a ton of work for when the playoffs are over, we would have 3 or 4 slates worth of things to code. We may have a long submission/discussion phase in the near future, but don't bank on it. However, there are still many fun SylveMons things you can do!

Discord
As you probably already know, we have a discord (https://discord.gg/Jwtcy5). Here, you can discuss the metagame, post submission ideas, and find people to battle.

Matchmaking
Using the matchmaking channel on Discord helps us out a lot, as the more games are played, the more broken stuff that can be banned/fixed and the more the metagame can develop. Finding broken things could also lead to rebalancing slates as well.

OMs
For something new, we have SylveMons OMs to play around in. Currently, LC and Monotype are both playable, so I encourage you to try them out!
SylveMons LC Sample Sets
SylveMonotype Sample Sets (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6)

Do note when playing, that the meta uses OU clauses and the SylveMons banlist (ex: Shadow Tag is legal is LC, but not in OU. Zygarde is legal inOU, but not Monotype). It's up to you whether to follow SylveMons' banlist or the OMs' banlist. The sample sets assume LC's and Monotype's banlists.

Bot
If anyone has experience in coding a Discord Bot, please contact me.

Closure
That will be all for now. We have a few more things planned, but for now, please enjoy playing and discussing SylveMons!

Last edited:
So, I collected the Usage Stats (they are on the doc here), and with Usage Stats, that means that we could theoretically make a SylveMons UU tier and having more ways to play a large metagame like SylveMons is always nice. Going off the stats, I decided that a good cutoff point would be 3+ uses would be OU. Now, because the stats come from a tournament, the usage of some Pokemon can be easily swayed and many Pokemon that have no business being UU would be stuck down there, so for an actual SylveMons UU Tier in the future, there would have to be some manual tweaks. However, here is the raw tier list for SylveMons OU:
It's worth noting that these stats do reflect the Time Warp meta, affecting the viability of some mons

Wishiwashi, Magearna, Jirachi, Mawile-Mega, Flygon, Chansey, Kartana, Keldeo, Tornadus-Incarnate, Hawlucha, Manaphy, Celebi, Marowak-Alola, Crawdaunt, Goodra, Nihilego, Slaking, Ferrothorn, Serperior, Palossand, Klinklang, Alakazam-Mega, Misdreavus, Necrozma, Togedemaru, Parasect, Landorus-Therian, Hoopa-Unbound, Aerodactyl-Mega, Charizard-Mega-X

Possible Tweaks at first glance
Misdreavus
Necrozma
Crawdaunt (still a huge threat tho)
Parasect (hard to say)
Palossand (hard to say)
Wishiwashi (hard to say)
Celebi (hard to say)
Marowak-Alola (hard to say)
Tapu Koko
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Lele
Tapu Fini (hard to say)
Scizor
Mega Scizor
Meloetta-Pirouette (once the bug gets fixed)
Mega Pinsir
Gengar (hard to say)
Mega Gallade
Terrakion
Kommo-o
Emolga
Raichu
Zapdos
Metagross (hard to say)
Mega Medicham
Toxapex

and more

Anyway, if you want to start theorymonning for SylveMons UU or discuss the SylveMons OU Meta, you have this list to go off of

Also, with SylveMons LC and SylveMonotype existing, here's a couple replays to get you interested along with the sample sets in the above post and doc (under the "Resources (WIP)" page)

SylveMonotype
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7sylvemons-2459 (Dark vs Water)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7sylvemons-2458 (Bug vs Normal)

SylveMons LC
(Both of these replays do feature Time Warp, which (with it getting banned in SylveMons OU) will soon become unusable, but this'll still give you a peek at LC things
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7sylvemons-2563
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7sylvemons-2562

Sorry for the quadruple post, but this is important, so...

I made another SylveMons-related video, which you can watch below:

Later, I will edit something big into this post. Could be preliminary viability rankings, could be an actual SylveMons OU tier list, could be more LC or Monotype replays, I don't know yet, but it will be something. But, you have the above video to tide you over.

Hey everyone. I have some news. I am starting a new pet mod. As such, I no longer will own SylveMons. I am not going to be super involved anymore (as if I have been as of late). I’m so happy that this has blossomed as much as it has. If my new project crumbles, I may return. Until then, I will simply be a supervisor and am willing to help the new leaders. Speaking of which, AquaticPanic and Yoshiblaze will now be the head honchos for SylveMons. It isn’t all bad though. I have a brand new project that is bound to be extremely fun. Thanks for everything guys.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey everyone. I have some news. I am starting a new pet mod. As such, I no longer will own SylveMons. I am not going to be super involved anymore (as if I have been as of late). I’m so happy that this has blossomed as much as it has. If my new project crumbles, I may return. Until then, I will simply be a supervisor and am willing to help the new leaders. Speaking of which, AquaticPanic and Yoshiblaze will now be the head honchos for SylveMons. It isn’t all bad though. I have a brand new project that is bound to be extremely fun. Thanks for everything guys.
New Pet Mod, eh? It better sounds extremely fun as you said, and if it is, I will give a chance to participate!

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Minor things out of the way:
- Roserade had it's list of abilities fixed (Was missing Technician)
- Wild Charge and Ion Absorb have also been fixed
- Dewott, much like Samurott, is now also Water / Fighting

Alright so, after some discussion, we have finally gathered up the...

Official SylveMons' OU List!

Here are them:

OU

(Therian)

Wishiwashi, Magearna, Jirachi, Mawile-Mega, Flygon, Chansey, Kartana, Keldeo, Tornadus-Incarnate, Hawlucha, Manaphy, Celebi, Goodra, Nihilego, Ferrothorn, Serperior, Palossand, Klinklang, Togedemaru, Parasect, Landorus-Therian, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Charizard X, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Mega Scizor, Meloetta(-Pirouette), Mega Pinsir, Terrakion, Emolga, Raichu, Zapdos, Metagross, Mega Medicham, Toxapex, Celesteela, Zygarde, Greninja(-Ash), Heatran, Articuno, Black Kyurem

UUBL

Garchomp(-Mega), Mimikyu, Staraptor, Mega Venusaur, Victini, Azumarill, Skarmory, Latios(-Mega), Latias(-Mega), Mega Gallade, Scizor, Xurkitree, Infernape, Mega Alakazam, Slaking

With that settled, we plan on making a UU Tour pretty soon. Building a team for that, however, shouldn't be that difficult once we start our new project...

Community Create-A-Team!

Yoshi will later fill you all in more about this, but it should be happening pretty soon. Stay tuned!​

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Minor things out of the way:
- Roserade had it's list of abilities fixed (Was missing Technician)
- Wild Charge and Ion Absorb have also been fixed
- Dewott, much like Samurott, is now also Water / Fighting

Alright so, after some discussion, we have finally gathered up the...

Official SylveMons' OU List!

Here are them:

OU

(Therian)

Wishiwashi, Magearna, Jirachi, Mawile-Mega, Flygon, Chansey, Kartana, Keldeo, Tornadus-Incarnate, Hawlucha, Manaphy, Celebi, Goodra, Nihilego, Ferrothorn, Serperior, Palossand, Klinklang, Togedemaru, Parasect, Landorus-Therian, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Charizard X, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Mega Scizor, Meloetta(-Pirouette), Mega Pinsir, Terrakion, Emolga, Raichu, Zapdos, Metagross, Mega Medicham, Toxapex, Celesteela, Zygarde, Greninja(-Ash), Heatran, Articuno, Black Kyurem

UUBL

Garchomp(-Mega), Mimikyu, Staraptor, Mega Venusaur, Victini, Azumarill, Skarmory, Latios(-Mega), Latias(-Mega), Mega Gallade, Scizor, Xurkitree, Infernape, Mega Alakazam, Slaking

With that settled, we plan on making a UU Tour pretty soon. Building a team for that, however, shouldn't be that difficult once we start our new project...

Community Create-A-Team!

Yoshi will later fill you all in more about this, but it should be happening pretty soon. Stay tuned!​
> Parasect in OU, in Pet Mod where base stats can't be changed.

Well... This start to prove that anything is possible in a Pet Mod like this.

So, with OU settled, we figured what better way to introduce a new tier then with a Community-Create-A-Team for it?

This Community-Create-A-Team will work like so many others, where you all submit a single Pokemon to be added to the team and then we vote on it. As stated in Aquatic's post, this CCAT is for the SylveMons UU Tier

Some Rules: s/os to LC'S CCAT Thread
  • When posting a Pokemon, post it with a moveset, and a few sentences of description on why you think it fits the team and why you chose the moveset you chose.
  • When voting, you can only select one submission. Explanations of votes are nice but not required.
  • Feel free to discuss other submissions, but please only refute others' sets with solid reasoning (as opposed to "I hate Sylveon so I don't want to include it").
  • Obviously, with a new metagame, sets aren't going to be as optimized as they can be, so we will give you some leeway in that regard, but don't submit stuff that would obviously be an unviable meme unless you have REALLY good reasoning behind it
  • Have fun!
General Threats -
Thundurus (both), Mega Heracross, Mega Gardevoir, Breloom, Blaziken, Mega Gyarados, Lanturn (Shark Bait), Magnezone/Magneton, Salamence, Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Fan, Rotom-Heat, Mega Sableye, Mega Lopunny, Volcarona, Zeraora, Weavile, Crawdaunt, Marowak-Alola, Muk-Alola, Tyranitar(-Mega), Mega Diancie, Tornadus-Therian, Dragonite, Diggersby, Tangrowth, Mega Audino, Hoopa-Unbound, Porygon-Z, Buzzwole, Scolipede, Conkeldurr, Clefable, Mega Charizard Y, Mantine, Mew, Shaymin, Excadrill, Typhlosion, Empoleon, Primarina, Haxorus, Lucario, Volcanion, Azelf, Scyther, Blacephalon and more

Weather and Terrains (setters and abusers separated by |) -
Rain (Drizzle is on the suspect radar, but building a team around it could prove it to be broken) - Mega Slowbro, Pelipper, Vaporeon, Politoed | Mega Swampert, Kingdra, Qwilfish, Ludicolo, Primarina, Crawdaunt
Hail (same thing with Drizzle applies here, probably even more so) - Ninetales-Alola, Cryogonal, Abomasnow(-Mega), Aurorus | Sandslash-Alola, Linoone, other setup sweepers
Sun - Torkoal, Mega Charizard Y, Sunflora, Moltres, Solrock | Leafeon, Typhlosion, Shiftry, Victreebel, Tangrowth, Volcarona, Volcanion, Darmanitan, Blacephalon
Sand - Tyranitar(-Mega) (!), Hippowdon, Lunatone, Gigalith | Excadrill (!), Lycanroc-Midday, Stoutland
Air Current - Swanna, Unfezant, Altaria, Driflblim | Flying-types
Shadow Sky - Spiritomb, Mega Houndoom, Umbreon | Dark and Ghost-types
Forecast - Maractus
Electric Terrain - Jolteon, Electrode, Ampharos | Electric-types
Misty Terrain - Sylveon, Aromatisse, Florges | Fairy-types, Pokemon that appreciate not being statused
Grassy Terrain - Leafeon, Roserade, Gogoat, Leavanny | Grass-types, Pokemon weak to Earthquake
Psychic Terrain - Espeon, Gothitelle, Hypno | Psychic-types, Pokemon prone to being revenge killed by priority
Surge Surfer - Sawsbuck
Unburden (Seeds/Weather Warrior's Crystal*) - Sceptile, Liepard, Slurpuff, Hitmonlee
Manual Trick Room - Dianice/Carbink, Musharna, Cresselia, Slowbro/king, Porygon2, Uxie | Crawdaunt, Marowak-Alola, Porygon2 (Eviolith), Conkeldurr, Lampent (Eviolith), Zwelious (Eviolith), other slow Pokemon

*keep in mind it's still glitched and only works in a few weathers

Other -
Housekeeping - Blissey, Wigglytuff
Dimension Warp - Porygon-Z, Azelf, Uxie

With that taken care of, Round 1 can begin!

Round 1 will be what we build around, so post of a set or core of 2 Pokemon, give a few details on why this Pokemon would be nice to build around and what direction you would like the team to go in!

Blaziken + Rotom-Fan Balance

Blaziken @ Anguish Bandana
Ability: Sole Caliber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Defog
- Volt Switch / Pain Split

These sets compliment each other very well as they cover each other's weaknesses. Sole Caliber Blaziken is just generally powerful and Agony Bandana gives it a good attack boost but lets it use Swords Dance as well. Thunder Punch beats Water types without having to switch to Rotom, because it doesn't resist Water. Rotom has a pretty standard set, dual STAB + Volt switch and Defog to remove hazards. It's great at removing hazards because it resists SR and isn't affected by Spikes and Tspikes.

Last edited:

Roserade + Clangorous Soulblaze Kommo-o
Roserade @ Black Sludge / Distress Glass
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Venoshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof / Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Roserade and Kommo-o work very well with each other, with Roserade being able to get rid of Fairy-types like Clefable and Milotic, and Ice Beam Water-types and Kommo-o handling Fire and Steel-types. Roserade also provides hazards for Kommo-o while being able to KO both Housekeeping users with relative ease. Having hazards and the ability to beat Blissey is also something that an offense or balance team could appreciate. As for the sets themselves, Bulletproof Kommo-o can set up with Dragon Dance on Clefable and Misty Surge Sylveon, as well as being able to switch in to Fire-types more easily thanks to a Fire Blast immunity, though Scrappy can be used give Kommo-o the ability to hit all Fairies after they're weakened, as well as Ghosts. Venoshock is stronger than Sludge Bomb after Technician, but Sludge Bomb can used for the poison chance.

Last edited:

Samurott + Marowak-Alola

Samurott @ Anguish Bandana
Ability: Knight's Blade
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Stalwart Sword

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance / Thunder Punch

Samurott and Marowak-Alola cover each other's weaknesses well, putting heavy pressure on the opposing team's physical walls. Samurott deals with Ground, Rock, Dark, and airborne Fire-types, while Marowak-Alola can switch into Grass, Electric, and Fairy attacks directed at Samurott. Samurott's Anguish Bandana boosts its Attack while letting it set up with Swords Dance, Knight's Blade boosts all three of its attacks, with Stalwart Sword hitting any Fairy-type switch-ins so that Marowak-Alola doesn't have to switch into their attacks too much. Marowak-Alola can run Fire Punch to avoid recoil but Flare Blitz hits much harder, Bonemerang hits Electric-types for Samurott, Swords Dance can be used to boost its Attack further or Thunder Punch can be run to hit Water/Flying types which Samurott has trouble with.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader

Tyranitar + Excadrill

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sand Rush is really good lol

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Samurott + Alolan Marowak

As good as Sand Rush is, it's nothing new. The other two suggestions are also very interesting, but this one stood out more to me

Blaziken + Rotom-Fan

I mostly like the idea of having a physical and a special attacker (not that more won't be added in later slates)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)