Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm very new to this and I've read most of the recent posts, I don't understand most haha. But I was wondering about Sylveon cores. Would Milotic and Sylveon do well together? And what are the most effective Sylveon cores?
Thank you!
Both can't take hit very well. You're better off running offensive partners who can take advantage of heal bell and wish to make a comeback rather than struggle to break walls with 2 bulky pokemon which aren't very offensively inclined. Milotic doesn't provide much utility beside haze and fares better in the lower tier of uu, where setting up is much more common than spreading statuses; ou is chock full of status-spreading stuff which hits too hard for milotic to live. If you want a bulky water i can recommend either crocune, slowbro or gyarados

Haha, sorry. He looks so much like a dragon. A ghost type. And the OU tier you said is to deal a lot of status conditions? Would Jellicent be a good addition ? Or would that be a bad idea because its part water?

And what kind of role does Sylveon play? I've read so many different ones and I cant tell which one would work best

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Haha, sorry. He looks so much like a dragon. A ghost type. And the OU tier you said is to deal a lot of status conditions? Would Jellicent be a good addition ? Or would that be a bad idea because its part water?
And what kind of role does Sylveon play? I've read so many different ones and I cant tell which one would work best
Jellicent is a good option because it resists steel and can burn physical attackers with will-o-wisp or scald.

Sylveon has two big roles that you can choose from: Bulky special sweeper and cleric.

The bulky special sweeper hits very hard with its base 117 STAB move Hyper Voice and hits Poison types that resist Hyper voice hard with Psyshock. The other moves are usually shadow ball and a hidden power.

The cleric is used to heal itself and its team mates by using wish, heal bell, protect, and hypervoice. If you're playing on cartridge, this Sylveon is harder to use, as some of the moves need pokebank to be used.

The fully offensive Sylveon is often outclassed by Mega Gardevoir, but if you're already using a mega Sylveon is a good alternative.

PS: I don't mean to sound harsh, but could you not double post? If you have two things to say, put them in one post instead of posting twice. It bothers a lot of people, not necessarily me, and I just wanted to warn you before others did :)

Oh sure thing! I often have after thoughts but I'll make sure to wait for a response before I mention it :) So, with Cleric, I do have the Catridge but I also have poke bank. Do some of the moves need to be taught in Pokemon White or White 2?

Oh sure thing! I often have after thoughts but I'll make sure to wait for a response before I mention it :) So, with Cleric, I do have the Catridge but I also have poke bank. Do some of the moves need to be taught in Pokemon White or White 2?
yes. hyper voice and heal bell are B2W2 tutor moves.

Ohhh okay, and how does the hidden ability pixilate work? I dont really understand hidden abilities. Will each sylveon have a hidden ability?

Ohhh okay, and how does the hidden ability pixilate work? I dont really understand hidden abilities. Will each sylveon have a hidden ability?
You must evolve an eevee with the hidden ability (formerly known as dream world ability) anticipation to obtain a sylveon with pixilate. Pixilate converts normal type moves into fairy type moves, and increase their power by x 1.33, which stacks with stab.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You can also hit the edit button to add thoughts :)

If an Eevee has the Ability Anticipation, it will gain Pixelate.

EDIT: Of course S0L1D G0LD beats me to everything I wanted to say. Oh well.

I can't use pokegen, I have a mac. -_-;
If you have the pokemon league beaten in black or white 2, you can go to castelia city and go all the way to the western most side of the city and head north to the building where the dream world machine is. on the third floor there is a girl who will give you an anticipation eevee. However, GF programmed it to always be male so you can't breed it, so you'll be forced to save scum until you get a nature you want. So you can't put egg moves like refresh or wish onto it if you want pixilate hyper voice. you'll have to settle for heal bell.

If you have the pokemon league beaten in black or white 2, you can go to castelia city and go all the way to the western most side of the city and head north to the building where the dream world machine is. on the third floor there is a girl who will give you an anticipation eevee. However, GF programmed it to always be male so you can't breed it, so you'll be forced to save scum until you get a nature you want. So you can't put egg moves like refresh or wish onto it if you want pixilate hyper voice. you'll have to settle for heal bell.
If you transfer that Eevee into XY you can breed out Anticipation Eevees (due to the changes in breeding mechanics) but you won't be able to give them Hyper Voice due it being a Tutor only move. You don't need to this however as you can get HA Eevee's of normal XY safaris. You can get Heal bell and Wish if you wanted to though.

Hi all! I'm very new to this and I've read most of the recent posts, I don't understand most haha. But I was wondering about Sylveon cores. Would Milotic and Sylveon do well together? And what are the most effective Sylveon cores?
Thank you!
Hi there, welcome to Smogon!

I've been using Choice Specs Heatran (thing's a fucking nuke), Specially Defensive Sylveon and Special Attacking Mega-Venusaur in a core together on my semi-stall team and they work extremely well. Heatran deals with opposing Poison, Steel and Fire-types which pester Sylveon (who is mono-attacking with Hyper Voice). As well as this, Sylveon handles Kyurem-B with ease as it can switch in on a Substitute/Outrage/Earth Power, and avoids the 2HKO from Fusion Bolt (my EVs are not optimised for mixed hits) and 2HKO bulky variants with Hyper Voice through the Sub. Venusaur's just a great supplement to any core really, and has awesome synergy with Heatran. If you want, you can always have a FWG core with Sylveon on the side (I use ChestoRest Kingdra in this particular team), which provides resisted switch-ins for most Pokemon in the game. If anyone's interested, I can provide sets (my EVs aren't optimised fully though).

Seconding the Heatran/Mega Venusaur/Sylveon core, though I have specially defensive Heatran and Venu. Been using it for a while and it works like a charm. Well, as much as 1500-1600 rating go anyway. A healthy 244 HP/252+ Def Sylveon can survive a lot of bullshit like Timid Zard-Y Fireblast in the sun, Adamant Choice Band Scizor Bullet Punch, Timid Specs Latios Psyshock, Timid Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump, Timid Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge, Jolly Garchomp Earthquake and a few others. You are hard pressed to switch into any of them but some can be stalled out of PP with Wish+Protect (Zard-Y, Keldeo, Terrakion) while others risk being OHKOed back (Latios, Keldeo) and at least you can scout a choice-locked move (Terrakion, Keldeo, Scizor).

Sakuren, seeing as you are new and have a lot of questions, refer to this thread and its forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/misc-smogon-info-thread-look-here-if-youre-lost.3498303/

I run Sylveon as a offensive special defense tank mostly. It provides some support with Wish.

252hp/252Spd

Sylveon is the best Pixilate user imo STAB Hyper Voice and Hyper Beam deals great damage without even investing in SpA.

Mines is a bold nature though just for the tab bit of extra defense.

Protect- Allows scouting to see if the opponent is carry a super effective move
Wish- Allows healing itself or allies upon switch ins
Hyper Voice - Primary stab better then moonblast due to Pixilate
Hyper Beam- Last resort move if there is something I know I will have trouble with Sylveon become a sacrifice with STAB Hyper Beam allowing something fast to come in a clean up.

If your looking for more support go with heal bell instead of Hyper Beam.

My Core with Sylveon is Umbreon and Skarmory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)