Project Team Bazaar

Since I have already posted the eelektross set and used it in one of my kickoff replays, I figured it wouldn't hurt to drop my kickoff subcoil eel team.

:eelektross: :goodra: :muk: :drifblim: :klawf: :umbreon:
https://pokepast.es/c069d943a1dc5349

they are all named after juice wrld songs except umbreon bc its a recent addition and i forgot to nickname it. ANYWAYS, the objective of the team is to get your tspikes up, try to knock off boots and chip things down, spread the status, and find an opportunity to close the game with subcoil eel. In sandaconda matchups, it is almost an auto-win from my experience. In other matchups, you need to rely on your umbreon to get screens up often and get value from that approach. You may be thinking, "why is goodra scarf tom? that's dumb!" I'm here to tell you to leave me alone, it works for me. the scarf is obviously not expected, and it allows you surprise kill faster threats, and gives you an unexpected wincon late game, as one of its coverage moves will often be unresisted in the endgame. it is tera ice because i've gotten the most mileage out of that tera type from experience, I honestly don't have a specific reasoning. It has been my most consistent way to close a game with goodra though, to tera ice and click ice beam until everything dies.

I'm sure this team has its flaws, and could be improved upon, but its really fun for me and has brought me success in competitive games too, so I hope others enjoy the team as much as I do!

Since I have already posted the eelektross set and used it in one of my kickoff replays, I figured it wouldn't hurt to drop my kickoff subcoil eel team.

:eelektross: :goodra: :muk: :drifblim: :klawf: :umbreon:
https://pokepast.es/c069d943a1dc5349

they are all named after juice wrld songs except umbreon bc its a recent addition and i forgot to nickname it. ANYWAYS, the objective of the team is to get your tspikes up, try to knock off boots and chip things down, spread the status, and find an opportunity to close the game with subcoil eel. In sandaconda matchups, it is almost an auto-win from my experience. In other matchups, you need to rely on your umbreon to get screens up often and get value from that approach. You may be thinking, "why is goodra scarf tom? that's dumb!" I'm here to tell you to leave me alone, it works for me. the scarf is obviously not expected, and it allows you surprise kill faster threats, and gives you an unexpected wincon late game, as one of its coverage moves will often be unresisted in the endgame. it is tera ice because i've gotten the most mileage out of that tera type from experience, I honestly don't have a specific reasoning. It has been my most consistent way to close a game with goodra though, to tera ice and click ice beam until everything dies.

I'm sure this team has its flaws, and could be improved upon, but its really fun for me and has brought me success in competitive games too, so I hope others enjoy the team as much as I do!
I used this team, and it can be an anti stall with drifblim's will-o-wisp strength sap combo which leaves eel to sub coil sweep. I like this team.

I wanted to post 3 teams that I've enjoyed using and have had decent success.
:Clawitzer: :Bruxish: :Zoroark: :Vaporeon: :Frosmoth: :Tinkatuff:
https://pokepast.es/680817efb767e421
Clawitzer and Bruxish are phenomenal at breaking defensive cores so that Zoroark or Aqua Jet can sweep late. That, or you can just grind the remaining mons down with t-wave, yawn, or an opportune scarf trick. The defensive core of wish vaporeon, frosmoth, and tinkatuff is really solid, especially with vap keeping Moth and Tink healthy. Moth is my favorite defogger in the tier right now cuz of its defensive utility vs special sweepers and access to U-turn. Tink makes a bunch of progress with knock off and rocks, then forces very obvious switch-ins in the middle game that can be aggressively punished with the wall breakers. Vaporeon covers the fire attacks that Tink and Moth run from and it can stay pretty healthy by spamming protect and yawn to get leftovers. HP on Claw and Brux is important, but not something you're supposed to preserve suuuuper carefully. The key is sacrificing their HP at the right time to either force a KO or really compromise a wall.
:Chansey: :Vespiquen: :Frosmoth: :Sandaconda: :Medicham: :Zoroark:
https://pokepast.es/a3dee6e42d562482
Removing hazards is a chore in this tier, so building a team around getting and keeping hazards up sounds like a good idea. Medi makes good progress vs the non Jolly/Timid defoggers and Physical Zoroark can get rid of their boots for future rock switchins. Vespiqueen and Frosmoth keep momentum in the middle game by switching into offensive threats that can't break them and then slow-u-turning to more offensive threats. Sandaconda makes progress simply by chipping stuff with Rocky Helmet, but rocks and glare also force the opponent to make some decisions that you can try to punish. Chansey is the sneaky Wincon of the team because with t-spikes down, it absolutely dominates a massive portion of the tier. Chansey can setup on banded physical attackers w/o neutral stab attacks (Mabostiff Crunch/Medicham CC both get swallowed after Tera Fairy), it sets up on just about every scarfer w/o trick, and it of course sets up on almost all special attackers, even most setup sweepers. The problems it runs into are vs Muk, Banded Medicham w/poison jab, CB Bruxish, haze, choiced trick, and Spdef setup+high PP recovery moves (Tera Grass QD Frosmoth or CM Rest Spiritomb). Those are all things you can KO, trick a scarf, or beat by staying alive with t-spikes up. Overall gameplan is get hazards up early, have Medicham break holes as they try to get rid of them, get hazards up a second time, sweep with chansey, if they stop that then try and clean with Zoroark.
:Passimian: :Jolteon: :Ursaring: :Oricorio-Sensu: :Quaxwell: :Tinkatuff:
https://pokepast.es/bb03b85d43d3aad6
Not winning any awards for originality here, but VoltTurn is, as per usual, incredibly easy to play, really fun, and quite effective. Pass and Jolt threaten the pivot vortex, but if the opponent tries to stop it, here comes the most unwallable mon south of UUBL. Ursaring is my second favorite pokemon ever which is why I put him here, but feel free to pick your own wall-breaker of choice like Medi, Mabo, Brux, Zangoose, or Claw. Jolteon and Passimian can both threaten late-game sweeps after Ursaring is finished savaging the opposing team. Quax and Oricorio get rid of hazards so the 3 pivoters can do their thing while Tink cripples the offensive threats that give this team trouble either through knock off or t-wave. They also give the team some solid defensive backbone and Tink/Quax do a good job of forcing in fighting types to try and break through. Once that fighting type is in, oricorio switches in and gets the offense back up and running with a slow pivot. Jolteon teras the vast majority of the time, but defensive teras come up every now and again Ghost Passimian is such a nice surprise vs quick attack, fake-out, and scarf CC to get rid of the biggest opposing offensive threat.

Edit: wrong item on Frost in team 2

Last edited:

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:bruxish: :mabosstiff: :oricorio-pom-pom: :sandaconda: :chansey: :passimian:
After having a lot of success with this team the other day on ladder, I wanted to drop this build in the bazaar for anyone to steal. It was a two second build inspired by a chat discussion about Brux + Mabosstiff being a potent offensive core, but it ended up working quite well, especially after some little tweaks. The team itself is pretty straightforward with Brux + Mabo + Pass exerting a ton of offensive pressure together with a sturdy defensive core of Ori + Sanda + Chansey in the back. SR Chansey allows this team to run Coil Sandaconda which has been a surprisingly powerful setup sweeper, especially with Tera Grass for the Water-types that seem to cause this team problems like Vap and Bruxish.

Never Forfeit

Got eliminated from NU Kickoff the other day so decided I'd do a team dump of everything I used. The recent ban slate made a lot of these outdated, but I'd already written most of this :zonger: so figured I'd post it anyway because a lot of the cores that the teams are built around are still solid and can be adapted into new teams. Click the sprites for the pokepastes

Round 1:
Mabosstiff HazardStack VoltTurn [OLD BUT LEGAL]
:ss/mabosstiff::ss/copperajah::ss/qwilfish::ss/oricorio-sensu::ss/passimian::ss/eelektross:
Qwilfish looked good in a vacuum because of intimidate + spikes, especially considering the lack of hazard removal, however it turns out that Qwilfish is absolutely terrible because it loses to every fighting type, prominent defogger, and common hazard setter in the tier. The rest of the team was reasonably solid for my first build in the tier, with Choice Banded Mabossitff supported by dual pivots in Passimian and Eelektross. Oricorio-Sensu is a nice spinblocker that feels a bit underrated in the tier at the moment because of how overshadowed it is by Oricorio-Pom-Pom, but it gave a lot of hazard control alongside Passimians Defiant. Eelektross was added because the team was really weak to Sandaconda as well as desperately wanting another check to Venomoth and opposing Oricorio. Swapping Qwilfish out for Vespiquen probably solves a lot of the main issues with this team by making it slightly better against Sandaconda, Passimian, and Medicham while keeping the premise of Hazard Stacking + Choice Band Mabosstiff. Copperajah could also be changed to Play Rough or Eelektross changed to have Dragon Tail in order to make the Goodra Matchup a bit easier to handle.
[Gen 9] NU replay: Tal0 vs. sparks bloom - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Generic Webs HO [OUTDATED]
:ss/goodra::ss/zangoose::ss/spidops::ss/venomoth::ss/sandaconda::ss/medicham:
This ended up being a pretty standard Webs HO build that just makes use of a lot of the broken offensive threats currently in the tier so theres not a lot to say about it. Heavy Duty Boots Spidops instead of a suicide lead set because Stakeout First Impression is a useful anti-offense tool. Zangoose, Choice Specs Goodra, and Medicham are all lethal Webs abuser that lacks switch-ins. Trail Blaze Medicham is also useful for allowing you to still sweep even if Webs get removed. Offensive Sandaconda gives some vital utility with Glare for a secondary form of speed control and Stealth Rocks, while still providing some defensive presence. Finally, Venomoth is a broken sweeper that makes excellent use of its checks being chipped down by the rest of the team in order to set itself up for a sweep.
[Gen 9] NU replay: sparks bloom vs. Tal0 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Round 3:
AcidPress Goodra Balance [OUTDATED]
:ss/medicham::ss/vespiquen::ss/sandaconda::ss/copperajah::ss/vaporeon::ss/goodra:
Acid Armor + Body Press Goodra is an insanely strong breaker and win condition that beats all of the typically checks to more standard Goodra sets. Choice Scarf Medicham is an excellent cleaner that only needs a small amount of chip to break past its checks. Vespiquen was added because it paired will with Goodra as Spikes and Dragon Tail formed a great way to rack up chip damage and eventually lead to a Medicham sweep. Sandaconda with Tera Fairy gives another check to fighting types as well as spreading paralysis through glare. Copperajah acts as the teams check to special attackers such as Venomoth and Oricorio with Whirlwind so that they can be more easily dealt with later. Last but not least, Wish Vaporeon helps to keep Copperajah and Sandaconda healthy throughout the game to ensure that they don't become overwhelmed, as well as providing a check to Bruxish and other offensive water types.
[Gen 9] NU replay: Haffling vs. Tal0 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Calm Mind Vaporeon TSpikes [OLD BUT LEGAL]
:ss/eelektross::ss/skuntank::ss/passimian::ss/copperajah::ss/vaporeon::ss/spiritomb:
I started with a really bad Eelektross set that seemed kinda funny and built from there, to make it more competitively viable it could be made into a full physical set or SubCoil though. Toxic Spikes are really strong at the moment with the lack of great removal in the tier so Skuntank was added next because it could both set hazards and provide a lot of utility with Toxic and Haze. The team was desperately lacking a Goodra and Quiver Dancer check so copperajah was added next to deal with these as well as provide Stealth Rock support. Spiritomb acts as a fighting type check, being able to switch in on Medicham and Passimian as otherwise they would be able to pick up a KO every time they entered the battle. Defensive Calm Mind Vaporeon keeps both Copperajah and Spiritomb healthy because they both lack reliable recovery, as well as keeping Bruxish in check, and providing a secondary win condition so that Eelektross doesn't have to be relied on. Finally, Passimian gives much needed speed control and the ability to revenge kill opposing threats, as well as being able to remove Heavy Duty Boots with Knock Off to make Toxic Spikes more effective.
[Gen 9] NU replay: Haffling vs. Tal0 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Round 4:
Medicham ParaSpam Balance [OUTDATED]
:ss/chansey::ss/sandaconda::ss/oricorio-pom-pom::ss/medicham::ss/vaporeon::ss/goodra:
Medicham is extremely hard to switch in against, however has a relatively mediocre speedtier. ParaSpam makes up for this weakness and allows Medicham to much more freely fire off attacks. Trick Medicham also lets it break past some of its checks such as Drifblim and Spiritomb and removes its prediction reliance. Modest Choice Specs Goodra is an insanely powerful wall breaker that can switch in on Medichams checks and threaten all of them out. Sandaconda and Chansey are the physcial and special walls for the team, both of them able to spread paralysis and absorb status for the rest of the team, although as a defensive core they can be overwhelmed by hazards and are reliant on tera in order to check fighitng types so Oricorio-Pom-Pom is able to solve both of these issues as well as providing a win condition that can abuse the breaking power of medicham and goodra, and benefiting from paralysis giving it free opportunities to Quiver Dance. Lastly, Calm Mind Vaporeon is another win condition that benefits from paralysis by using substitute, as well as giving a check to offensive water types such as Bruxish.
[Gen 9] NU replay: Tal0 vs. pichus ❤ - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

BruxiCroak Balance [OUTDATED]
:ss/bruxish::ss/toxicroak::ss/oricorio-pom-pom::ss/copperajah::ss/goodra::ss/sandaconda:
My favourite team that I made, built around the offensive core of Bruxish and Toxicroak. Bruxish baits in Vaporeon and can potentially force it to tera dark to not die to Psychic Fangs, but this gives a free switch to Toxicroak which can freely set up on Vaporeon and hit it super effectively with Close Combat if it went for tera dark. Initially it was built with Choice Band Bruxish in mind but it was really prone to being revenge killed and was really difficult to compress checks to other metagame threats, stealth rocks, and speed control into the rest of the team, so I changed it to Choice Scarf which opened up a lot more possibilities in the team builder without auto-losing to faster teams. Oricorio-Pom-Pom, Copperajah, and Sandaconda check the majority of offensive threats in the tier and give a really sturdy defensive backbone to the team as well as good utility in status, Stealth Rocks, and U-Turn to bring Bruxish in safely against mons like Sandaconda. Meanwhile Goodra can be both a special sponge and a wall breaker with Acid Spray, which is used to beat the all of the Quiver Dancers 1v1. While I didn't end up getting my ideal matchup against a Vaporeon, I was able to use Toxicroak to abuse Quaxwell, and overall felt I won a lot of this game through the builder.
[Gen 9] NU replay: pichus ❤ vs. Tal0 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Quarterfinals:
Curse Copperajah Balance [OUTDATED]
:ss/copperajah::ss/vaporeon::ss/oricorio-pom-pom::ss/chansey::ss/goodra::ss/passimian:
Curse Copperajah seemed like an interesting breaker and win condition, but it naturally opened the team up to special attackers such as Goodra, as well as meant that Stealth Rocks had to be moved elsewhere on the team, so Chansey seemed like a great fit by solving both these problems. Phys Def Oricorio acts as a fighting type check, being able to switch in on stuff like Passimian which would otherwise run through the team as well as 2HKOing Phys Def Sandaconda with Air Slash at +1, which would otherwise wall Copperajah. Wish Vaporeon gives Copperajah and Goodra some more longevity and checks Bruxish with tera dark and some other set up sweepers with Haze. Mixed offensive Goodra was a lure to remove Copperajah by hitting it super effectively with Earthquake after it tries to switch in on Draco Meteor, making it much easier for Curse Copperajah to win the game. Lastly, Choice Scarf Passimian is speed control and offensive utility with Knock Off and U-Turn. Despite losing this game I still feel like this team was solid and that my loss came more as a result of my play than decisions made in the builder. Acid Press Goodra destroyed me but in hindsight it was walled by tera fairy Copperajah so if I played better and conserved my tera I could've had a much better chance at winning the game.
[Gen 9] NU replay: OnArceus vs. Tal0 - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

SubCoil Eelektross TSpikes [OUTDATED]
:ss/eelektross::ss/muk::ss/drifblim::ss/indeedee-F::ss/goodra::ss/Tauros-Paldea-Combat:
This ended up being my least favourite team I made during the kickoff tour. I didn't have any specific cores or ideas of teams that I wanted to build around, so I just tried to build with some mons that I hadn't used much up until that point instead, such as Muk, Drifblim, Indeedee-F, and Tauros, as well as ideas other people had shared. This team was solid enough during test games but it's nothing special and could do with some tweaking. It has a lot of trouble vs Spiritomb but that can largely be fixed by switching one of Indeedees moves to Dazzling Gleam, although it can also be played around by using Trick. For the purposes of the Kickoff Tour I opted to not run Dazzling Gleam because I didn't expect to matchup against a Spiritomb for this round. Sub Eeloktross is a nice abuser of TSpikes, although it has trouble with Oricorio-Pom-Pom, so Goodra was added as a switch-in thats able to use the opportunity to fire off free Draco Meteors. Choice Specs likely woudld've been the better choice however, as Leftovers Goodra can occasionally be a bit passive, although the added longevity is nice.
[Gen 9] NU replay: Tal0 vs. OnArceus - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

hi!! so im kind of new to gen 9 nu (and smogon really) so id love love love some feedback on my first team!!
A14A7E1B-0805-4242-903E-985A2F517887.png
D08B65A4-D186-4FA8-86DA-7C668EC86591.png
F5EDA0AA-12AD-4E91-9658-4D6F187FC5FC.png
F5900DBE-3769-4A61-ACFA-C78C0F54B986.png
C5225663-B2BF-4D12-A2A4-341C7175BBC4.png
4795CCC9-0E1B-4504-850F-88E1D64E136A.png

AD760336-5DB1-4CD7-86D7-6D75FF6BAE99.png
mipha (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 180 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Protect
- Wish
- Surf
typicial special wall vaporeon, haze is there for annoying setup sweepers in a pinch or even to remove any negative effects on itself
1AE50D0B-81F5-445D-8B9A-7D95C4B3F04E.png
kat (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
pink blob that just stuffs special offense, and can even tera check passimian in a pinch. mainly to handle ones vaporeon cant, like eelektross and jolteon
3F6A52F5-1BC1-4AFC-A195-C9EB7AC70EDD.png
vivi (Vivillon-Fancy) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
the star of the show and my little doll, vivi is meant to sleep something and set up in its face. tera ghost to sit on chansey, but can be changed to fit needs.
E3EFACE9-39BC-4CC9-B359-8DF62CB56DDA.png
diva (Sandaconda) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
all round physical tank, handles annoying rocks steels and electrics that block a vivi sweep. spreads para to slow down scarfs and fast threats too, protect to scout choice locked mons
464A1868-F8E3-4499-B421-2293D9B1A1FE.png
electra (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
evil little pivot that also ruins a stall mon if given the chance, fast willowisp allows for emergency burns onto pass if needed
D6FD8CEB-2F05-4E4F-9728-D3A53D66B593.png
stratus (Drifblim) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aftermath
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Ball
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
hazard removal, switch in to things like dundunsparce boomburst, pass and medicam cc and ursaring facade. will o wisp to burn annoying physical threats, shadow ball for more reliable damage and a potential sp def drop to soften things up for vivi to clean.

and yeah thats it!! please feel free to offer any critiques and pointers and um yeah :)

Last edited:
:drifblim: :sandaconda: :eelektross: :scovillain: :qwilfish: :florges:

Hello, new to this forum and format. Wanted to play Showdown seriously after drifting on and off of OU in past gens.

Feel free to critique in any way you see fit.

:qwilfish:
Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Wave

Physical check, wants to set up spikes and spread paralysis/damage. EV'd to outspeed max speed base 80s to Taunt defoggers and wispers (like Braviary and Drifblim) or Thunder Wave (both of the aforementioned plus Medicham and Passimian if Banded). Thinking of changing Tera type to better surprise physical foes in a pinch, but not sure what would be ideal. Maybe Flying?

:florges-orange:
Florges-Orange @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis

Late game wincon. Physically defensive because everyone tries to hit its defense first, letting it get a boost that will stop most if not all special attackers. Steel Tera is a must to play around Gunk Shot/Bullet Punch from their last Close Combat user (or if you still have Drifblim).

:scovillain:
Scovillain @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Crunch
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Stomping Tantrum

Wild card, can scare and oneshot a lot of foes with Leaf Storm and Overheat alone, since the tier severely lacks dragons and fire types. Tantrum can punish SpDef Muk on a read or after Overheat on a switch-in (2HKO after rocks or spikes). Used to run Growth before switching to Crunch, but Tera Dark can boost it and also help with an extra immunity against Bruxish or Medicham expecting a Qwilfish switch.

:sandaconda:
Sandaconda @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Rest
- Earthquake

Standard physical check and support, Tera Grass to accomplish a lot of things: deal with Appletun a bit better (especially once it goes for Tera Steel), tank the plethora of Water-move spamming wallbreakers in the tier and to negate powder moves once Tera'd. Big problems with Jolteon, no idea when to expect Ice or Grass Tera Blast, but since no type covers everything, I usually just switch and sack something else anyway.

:drifblim:
Drifblim @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aftermath
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash

Defogger + actual check for stuff like Medicham and Passimian. Air Slash is better than Shadow Ball to counter leads like Spidops and the Fighting types and can flinch some slower/statused foes into submission. Can tank 2 Scarf Passimian Knock Offs from full and retaliate with Will-o-Wisp/Strength Sap.

:eelektross:
Eelektross @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpD / 248 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Drain Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Stomping Tantrum

Set-up sweeper, no electric coverage because I don't see it as incredible in the tier. Longevity with Drain Punch, good check to Oricorio with SpDef investment + Rock Tomb and Stomping Tantrum to hit Muk/Qwilfish/Toxicroak. Tera Fire to dodge Will-o-Wisp from opposing Drifblim and Rotom (also Crocalor, but you should switch out on it). Only Tera after Qwilfish and Sandaconda are either dealt with or when carrying enough boosts to kill them - which is a lot of boosts, since this has no Attack investment.

Big problems for this team are Jolteon, greedier opposing Florges sets, Appletun and AV Eelektross sometimes.

Hoping for suggestions!

Last edited:
Here's a team that I've built while I was trying to learn the Tier: https://pokepast.es/79f939f35e952c91
"Bombirdier's Trolling Session"

• A Hyper Offensive, featuring Dual Choice Scarf and Choice Band Bombirdier.​
  • The idea is that
    spam is pretty good in this tier, even stuff like Sandaconda and Eelektross don't take those hits very well, specially in long term scenarios where they get chipped down.​
  • Scarf Braviary is super scary, especially when It activates Defiant on opposing Defog or Parting Shot for example, additionally, Tera
    makes his Brave Bird even stronger, making Scarf Braviary an incredible revenge killer.​
  • Originally, I had Choice Scarf on Bombirdier, but I opted for Choice Band since the damage It does with STAB Knock Off is great, Bombirdier also gets STAB
    from Its Ability, Rocky Payload, which allows Bombirdier to fire off a strong Stone Edge, lastly, I decided on Tera
    on It so I can have a way around Volt Switch users, and catch Electric Types off guard In general.​
  • Rotom Is there for spin blocking (Although it's not a very common move here, It can potentially make things harder for this Team), It gives us momentum with Volt Switch, and
    /
    coverage.​
  • With Lycanroc as the dedicated lead, the plan is simple, set up Stealth Rock, and use Taunt on potential opposing Hazard users that are slower, Tera
    is there to block Fake Out leads, which I honestly don't find myself using at all, setting up Stealth Rock is crucial to force the opponent to use Defog to clear it, which Braviary or Passimian takes advantage of.​
  • Passimian is here because It fits well with the Team's structure and the
    type is pretty nice, just like Braviary, It also has Defiant, giving the Team yet another switch in to moves like Defog and Parting Shot, Earthquake allows it to deal with
    Types, which can be annoying, such as Muk.​
  • Lastly, Swords Dance Bruxish, the damage from Psychic Fangs boosted by Strong Jaw and Life Orb is absolutely ridiculous, on top of having a pretty nice speed tier, I had Aqua jet for Crunch originally, but I needed something to actually hurt Farigiraf, and Hattrem (who is very annoying to this Team).​
Overall a pretty fun Team to use, If you're a fan of the evil bird Bombirdier, give it a try!

Also managed to reach Top 500 while testing this team.
1683398973973.png

1683398988064.png

Heres the Team in action with some Replays:

Last edited:

Cobalt Pink

formerly patboiii
No one has sent a team for September shifts so far, so here I am:

https://pokepast.es/6cda67987e18d7bd
:Hariyama:
Hes the fat guy, who switches into special attackers and then gets off free damage. If youd like to damage to opponent way harder, then you can easily swap out EQ and Drain Punch for higher bp stabs and you can always toy with its coverage.

:Grimmsnarl:
He checks Ghosts and especially Hoopa and can potent a sweep with bu. It is a lot tougher to pull it of nowadays so if you want to you can replace it with parting shot, taunt, twave etc. You can also get rid of crunch ofc to get a secind slot for one of the listed moves.

:Hoopa:
He furfilles the Revenge killer slot. Its strong, quite speedy and does its job well. It cal also cripple walls or set up sweepers with trick. You have to be carefull piloting it since its choised because some teams contain both normal and dark sometimes.

:Sandaconda:
It still remains a solid pokemon even with all the new stuff around. I opted for max physdef so He can check stuff like Flamigo and Tauros easier. (in one game I faced an SD tera fighting Flamigo and it CCd and sanda lived, got of a para and rocks afterwards. That was great). You should be familiar with it so I dont have to explain much more

:Tsareena:
It takes care of Hazards, while also having the potential to sweep. Its powerwhip hits like a truck and Uturn helps pivoting in the big guns such as..

:Goodra:
Specs Goodra is super strong. The only switch ins to its dracos are steel types and Grimmsnarl which get blasted by Fire blast and Sludge bomb respectively. For the last slot you can go with virtually any move: Tbolt, Ice beam, Focus blast. Body press on my part was chosen because of Paranoia towards blissey eventho all the other team members deal with it quite fine.

All in all I highly encourage everyone who wants to use the team to try all the small adjustments I mentioned.
Have fun and enjoy your time on the ladder or maybe you optimize the team to an extend to make it tournament viable (If Hoopa gets to live long enough anyway)

Last edited:
Teams to use before Flamigo gets banned, barring four:

Specs Apple Ripoff
:jolteon::flamigo::arboliva::houndstone::cryogonal::zoroark:
Specs Arboliva opens up Jolteon endgames by beating Ground-types: Sandaconda and by overwhelming Grass-types together with Jolteon. Flamigo is Speed control with Scarf. Houndstone is the physical wall with a hazard clearing special wall in Cryogonal as a partner. Glasses Zoroark beats fatter teams with Knock Off + U-turn and checks Delphox by OHKOing with Knock Off—and if needed, Sucker Punch.

NUBL: Not Ur Basic Losers
:hoopa::zoroark::rotom-mow::flamigo::sandaconda::cryogonal:
Hoopa is a demon, and with Sub it can abuse switches and passive Pokemon. Zoroark helps with overwhelming Dark-types and crippling with Knock Off. Mowtom checks Electric-types and can cripple with Thunder Wave. Flamigo is Speed control. Sandaconda + Cryogonal gives Electric immunity, a Fighting-type “check”, a special wall, hazards, and hazard control.

Dudun is back, baby
:dudunsparce::flamigo::grimmsnarl::houndstone::tsareena::jolteon:
Just felt like tryin out Dudun again. Flamigo beats Sableye and issue Steel-types. Grimmsnarl wallbreaks and helps out with Parting Shot—and beats Houndstone. Houndstone is Flamigo semicheck. Tsareena is hazard control, and Jolteon is just as dumb as always.

Alfred Da Buttler and Berb
:indeedee::flamigo::houndoom::houndstone::cryogonal::sandaconda:

Scarf Indeedee cleans very well alongside Flamigo breaking everything in the tier. Houndoom acts as the Delphox check until you get Focus Blasted. Houndstone + Sandaconda handles Fighting-types very well. Cryogonal is same as always.

Stallbreaker Mismagius
:mismagius::flamigo::grimmsnarl::magneton::sandaconda::tsareena:
Taunt + NP Mismagius takes advantage of fatter Pokemon like Blissey, Cryogonal, and Articuno. Flamigo is Scarf speed control. Grimmsmarl checks Delphox, is a great pivot, and defeats special walls that are harder to beat like Goodra. Magneton checks the Electric-types while also providing momentum and defeating Ice-types. Sandaconda + Tsareena give you hazards, a Fighting-type check, and hazard control.

Guts Hariyama + Scarf Meloetta
:hariyama::meloetta::grimmsnarl::drifblim::sandaconda::goodra:
Hariyama + Meloetta work greatly together. Hariyama beats Dark- and Steel-types for Meloetta while, in turn, faster Fighting-types and Poison-types are beat for Hariyama. And, together they weaken down Psychic-types. Grimmsnarl beats the Psychic- and Ghost-types that pose an issue early-game. Drifblim + Samdaconda act as hazard control, hazards, and work well to hold back Fighting-types. Goodra checks strong special attackers while not being to passive.

Hariyama is dumb af (Guts Belly Drum Fighting Spam)
:hariyama::zoroark::delphox::flamigo::drifblim::goodra:
Guts + Belly Drum with maximum Atttack investment and Tera Steel makes Bullet Punch be able to always KO Delphox after only 10% chip. (EV investment ensures you have 51% health after a Belly Drum, and that you end up at 1% with Burn—ignoring attacks.) Electric- and Fire-types are a bit of an issue, so Goodra helps to check them while keeping up the offensive pressure. Zoroark beats the Psychic-types this team can have issues with and can surprise physical walls like with Dark Pulse to help the Fighting-types. Delphox beats opposing Fightings and is just pretty dumb overall. Scarf Flamigo can clean up after a Belly Drum Hariyama and can U-turn to whittle down the team beforehand. Drifblim helps with hazard control and checking Fighting-types.

Spikes Heracross + Zoroark
:heracross::rotom-mow::zoroark::cryogonal::houndstone::sandaconda:
Spikes Heracross abuses switches quite well by forcing switches to be continually chipoed each time they come in after. Also, the wallbreaking power is insane with Facade and Close Combat. Throat Chop is just to ensure Ghost-types don’t wall you. Scarf Mowtom helps take care of most Flying-types for Heracross and beats Qwilfish for it. Zoroark helps versus Psychic- and Ghost-types. Cryogonal + Houndstone + Sandaconda give you a great defensive core with everything you need.

Scarf Heracross + Samurott
:heracross::samurott::dudunsparce::drifblim::grimmsnarl::sandaconda:
Scarf Heracross easily seems like it could be an amazing sweeper, especially when Flamigo is banned. Samurott works well by beating Sandaconda and physical walls like Houndstone. Dudunsparce takes advantage of weaker physical walls that Heracross can have issues with. Drifblim + Sandaconda check Fighting-types and give hazards and hazard control. Grimmsnarl helps with Psychic- and Ghost-types

SubNP Hoopa
:hoopa::flamigo::grimmsnarl::sandaconda::tsareena::meloetta:
I felt that with Substitute Hoopa can abuse switches and Nasty Plot lets it do that and threaten a whole ton more. Scarf Flamigo does Scarf Flamigo things. Grimmsnarl takes care of Psychic- and Ghost-types for Hoopa and Flamigo. Sandaconda + Tsareena do their things. Assault Vest Meloetta acts as a great special wall while keeping up the pressure.

Victini Ripoff
:delphox::flamigo::goodra::drifblim::sandaconda::zoroark:
Delphox is dumb so here it is. Scarf Flamigo beats Dark-types and does speedy. AV Goodra keeps up pressure and hits like a dump truck. Drifblim + Sandaconda help with Fighting-types and hazard stuff. Zoroark is for opposing Psychic-types

Quizel Delphox
:delphox::drifblim::jolteon::naclstack::heracross::zoroark:
I just stole Quizel’s Eject Pack + Overheat set. It pivots well and hits hard. Drifblim gets hazards. Jolteon is a great pivot Pokemon and Calm Mind is an amazing cleaner. Naclstack is the special wall which eats hits for days IronPress is crazy too. Heracross beats Dark-types and Zoroark gets Psychic- and Ghost-types

Copper is Overrated
:copperajah::flamigo::drifblim::appletun::zoroark::sandaconda:
Bulky Offense with AV Copper. Copper hits fairly hard. Scarf Flamigo is insane as always. Drifblim + Appletun + Sandaconda are a great defensive core and give you all you need. Zoroark takes care of Psychic- and Ghost-types.

Encore Salazzle + Iron Defense Bronzong
1697055782766.png
1697055830339.png
1697055859664.png
1697055870488.png
1697055890830.png
1697055920929.png

https://pokepast.es/539fcf6dcebf4d0f
Encore Salazzle prevents setup sweepers getting to comfortable of setting up and Knock Off threatens switch-ins. Bronzong is a excellent late game cleaner and makes a great defense core with Palossand. Rotom-C is speed control with Scarf. Grimmsnarl wallbreakers Psychic- and Ghost-types and it checks weaken foes with Sucker Punch. Scyther handles hazards and it's a great pivot with Scarf Rotom-C.

This will be my first post on the forums, but I wanted to share a team that I built about a week ago that I ended up really enjoying.

:arboliva::orthworm::Coalossal::goodra::qwilfish::klefki:

https://pokepast.es/38f3f88f6116e40c

:arboliva:

arboliva was the Mon I wanted to build this team around at first. I played a little bit of NU before and I liked having arboliva on my teams due to the healing provided by it’s grassy terrain. This arboliva is fully invested in physical bulk in order to tank some strong physical attacks over the course of the game. It’s especially good at switching into bruxish over the course of the game and can very easily take on the likes of pallosand and Sandaconda. I run boots so I have a backup plan just in case my spinner can’t get in and I have 1 million hazards on my side. Despite not having special investment, it also acts as a good switch in to a volt switch happy jolteon who may try to chip down my typical switch ins. Arboliva seems to do exceptionally well against sand teams from my experience as well, completely dismantling Pokémon like lycanroc and sandslash, especially if I still have Tera and turn arboliva into a fairy type. Arboliva still has its flaws however(massive fighting weakness, horrendous goodra matchup, etc.), and I had to keep that in mind while teambuilding. I wanted to build a team with bulky Pokémon that lacked reliable recovery. The idea was that grassy terrain+ leftovers or sheer bulk would keep my other Pokémon alive for long enough. And what did I pick second?

:orthworm:

orthworm is awesome. It’s a very physically bulky steel type with a ground immunity, ability to set up with coil, a strong body press, and access to hazards like stealth rock. Orthworm provides the team with a generally strong physical wall that can dish out some solid damage and can snowball out of control if the opponent doesn’t give it respect. Tera ghost allows orthworm to shed it’s fighting weakness and block spins. I found that a Tera ghost orthworm matches up very well against chansey and avalugg cores due to its newfound fighting immunity and access to body press. Iron tail has good synergy with coil and allows orthworm to get defense drops on potential switch ins. At this point, I took a look at the team and realized that Salazzle gives me a pretty rough time. On top of this, I wanted a spinner that could threaten the majority of ghost types I would come across. Luckily, such a Pokémon exists that fits that role like a glove!

:Coalossal:

coalossal is a really nice, although not exceptional member of the team. It provides me with a great switch in to Salazzle as well as a spinner than can beat ghost types that will attempt to spin block such as decidueye, frosslass, and mismagius with heat crash. Despite the low attack investment, a 120 base power heat crash can hit really hard and earthquake rounds out the coverage nicely as a way to hit Salazzle without the poor accuracy of coalossal’s rock moves (please ignore that I’m running eq on a team built around grassy terrain). Because I have my other hazard setters, I settled for will o wisp as the last move to punish any physical attackers that want to switch in. Flame body provides me with a potential switch in against any scyther content with using dual wingbeat, and can serve as a makeshift jolteon check if it’s not needed for anything else. I never really tera Coalossal, but I should probably change it to flying to shed the fighting and ground weaknesses while still potentially burning cc users. At this point, I realized that my team needed some more immediate power. I also wanted something that could provide some speed while also retaining some bulk. With those requirements, I went ahead and added this:

:goodra:

Goodra is my strongest, fastest and bulkiest member of the team on the special side. Even without bulk investment, assault vest makes goodra a super easy switch in to most special attacks, such as jolteon and rotom mow’s electric attacks, typhlosion’s eruption, and it can even shrug off abomasnow’s blizzard. Speaking of abomasnow, I found that goodra is actually a pretty threatening Pokémon for snow teams. Right off the bat, it outspeeds and threatens to one hit ko abomasnow with flamethrower, and it can also remove its icy rock to limit it’s partner’s slush rush: alolan sandslash, who goodra also one shots(although typically A-slash is under snow and orthworm is left with the job). Knock off allows goodra to make progress against switch ins such as chansey, oppsing goodra, and hoopa, who just dies. Draco meteor requires no explanation and ice beam allows me to delete things like gligar if they aren’t invested in spdef. I never really Tera my goodra, so I decided to go with Tera normal. If I’m in a pinch against decidueye, goodra can just Tera normal and wall it. This also sheds its Draco weakness, giving it a better matchup vs opposing goodra and tatsugiri. At this point, I realized my team had a pretty big fighting weakness. Yes, I have tera options, but I can’t always rely on that. This lead me to pick my fifth member…

:qwilfish:

qwilfish is my go-to fighting check to deal with threats like blaze tauros and hariyama. Qwilfish actually has amazing synergy with arboliva. Most fighting types run earthquake, which can do solid Damage to qwilfish, even after an intimidate. Arboliva can tank the earthquakes and set up grassy terrain, both weakening earthquake, and providing qwilfish with an additional 6% recovery each turn alongside leftovers. Spikes is my second entry hazard, Barb barrage gives me a nice poison stab that I can use to fish for poison in certain matchups(namely a tatsugiri switching in and avalugg), flip turn gives the team a pivot, and haze allows me to further check fighting types(especially belly drum hariyama) as well as other boosters like florges to an extent, scyther, and stored power klefki. Tera electric was my Tera of choice because my scyther matchup is horrendous as is, and if qwilfish can get that extra turn to tank a dual wing beat, it can save me. My last team slot is interesting. Initially, I went with :scyther: for some more speed and power, but I didn’t think it suited the team. I then tried :grimmsnarl:, which was good, but moved up to UU only a couple of days later. I still needed a switch in to draco meteors, and I wanted to good wincon. With those requirements in mind, I went with…

:klefki:

klefki is a devious little fellla who clicks buttons and just wins sometimes. Despite having full spdef investment, klefki doesn’t switch into either goodra or tatsugiri very well, but instead provides the team with a stored power sweeper. If klefki is given 2-3 turns, it is more than capable of snowballing out of control and bodying the opponent. Tera water allows klefki to shed its fire weakness. I don’t have a whole lot to say about klefki. He definitely feels a little isolated from what the rest of the team does, but I still like having him on.

I typically don’t build teams that are too amazing, but I really think I made a great one here. It’s not perfect (fighting types are awful to go up against if that wasn’t already clear), but I’m honestly really proud of it.

IMG_1875.jpeg

I even reached top 30 on the ladder with it at one point, which I’m really proud of. Hopefully i can continue to cook up some more teams like This one!

https://pokepast.es/4bc55bdd7b338c9f

Very powerful Specs Toxtricity, damn near nothing can switch in barring a chansey which gets Volt Switched on, and almost everything except for that Chansey gets 2HKO'ed by Tera-Normal Toxtricity. I like it for the tier as its a great breaker (the scarf set feels to slow compared to other, much better scarfers, and doesn't break nearly as well). Banded Tauros can pick up weakened opponents with Aqua Jet, Tsareena serves as utility and Gligar X Copperajah make up the defensive backbone of the team, and Oricorio is a great Setup Sweeper in the late game.

EDIT: Gonna go for a peak with this team, so gonna drop a RMT pretty soon

Last edited:
Specs Toxtricity Balance (Peaked #234, 1458 ELO)

Ended up making an RMT for the team I made in my last post, and got a semi decent peak. Let me know what you guys think!

Intro

Seeing all the NU tier shifts, and it being my favourite of the lower tiers, I decided to take a crack at trying to place higher on the NU ladder, and I really enjoyed the experience, with also playing the tier a lot Pre-Home when Sandaconda mainly dominated the tier. Full disclosure, I played with an older team to start, and got completely rolled by a Choice Specs Toxtricity team on lower ladder, which is what made me want to build around Toxtricity. I hope y'all enjoy the naming theme as well, it's a classic album.

Building Process

:toxtricity:

So we start of with the guy himself, AKA Mr. damn near 0 switch ins. In building around a Specs set, first thing to consider is Defensive core, since I want to build around balance, which led me to the next two guys.

:toxtricity: :copperajah: :gligar:

Copperajah and Gligar form a really great defensive Hazard-Stacking centric core which works really well with this team. Having to force those switches from Toxtricity and stack up on Hazards works great together. Going with a Specially Defensive Copperajah and Physically Defensive round out the defensive backbone of this team

:toxtricity: :copperajah: :gligar: :tsareena:

Next, the team needed some form of hazard control, and Tsareena fit the team pretty well, balancing out the 2 ground weak Pokemon already on the team, and served as great support, a pivot move, and strong STAB move. I went with an offesnive set, but I'm sure a more optimized defesnive set could work well

:toxtricity: :copperajah: :gligar: :tsareena: :tauros-paldea-aqua:

Along with all the new tier shifts, Tauros-Aqua fits the team really well as a form of priority and strong physical wallbreaker

:toxtricity: :copperajah: :gligar: :tsareena: :tauros-paldea-aqua: :oricorio-sensu:

With the infamous Oricorio trio dropping to NU as well, they do what they always do. Not running a scarfer on this team instead made me keep this guy at Max HP, to usually catch opponents off gaurd, get a Quiver Dance off and clean up

The Team

:sv/toxtricity:
ASTROTHUNDERBOLT @ :choice_specs:
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch

Looking at the Viability Rankings alone (granted, they are now a little outdated with the shifts but still relevant), nothing in the S or A+ tier can safely swtich in on this mon. :gligar: gets obliterated by Tera Normal Boomburst, and even a Specially Defesne invested set fails to safely take two Boombursts, and gets OHKO'd after Stealth Rocks. :florges: also gets 2HKO'd barring a Tera Steel, to which it cannot do much back either, and :copperajah: and :goodra: get 2HKO'd by Overdrive and Tera Normal Boomburst respectively. This mon is an excellent wallbreaker, and synergizes greatly with the hazard stacking defensive core and Knock Off spam to force switches and remove :heavy-duty_boots:. It gets hard walled by a :Chansey: at full HP, but the switches into :Chansey: are usually very predictable and Volt Switch on those more Stall-centric teams punish heavily with the combined breaking power of :tauros-paldea-aqua:.

:sv/copperajah:
COPPERAJOUSEL @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Poison
248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe, Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

:copperajah: usually just gets up rocks, Knock's Off one or two mons and faints, and it does this job rather excellently. There isn't much I can say about this staple mon other than that it does what it's been doing since it's been in the tier and is a great glue mon.

:sv/gligar:
EVIOLITE EFFECT @ :Eviolite:
Ability: Immunity
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe, Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic

The same can be said for :gligar:, but perhaps the only "controversial" decision I made was to forego U-Turn and put Toxic over that moveslot. I found Toxic just worked better, and U-Turn feels like a waste of a slot in some games, although it would give :tauros-paldea-aqua: and :toxtricity: much more entry points.

:sv/tsareena:
5% SPIN @ :Heavy-Duty_Boots:
Ability: Queenly Majesty
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-Turn

:tsareena: is a great addition to the tier, adding to the bracket of great support mons that can carry their own weight with strong STAB, great utility and hazard removal all in one. Tera Ghost acts a Spin block to opposing :tsareena: and in the :avalugg: MU keeping up a Spike and Stealth Rocks can be pivotal in winning the game, and shedding its Ice Spinner weakness.

:sv/tauros-paldea-aqua:
PALDEAFORNICATION @ :Choice_Band:
Ability: Intimidate
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

:tauros-paldea-aqua:, in combination with :toxtricity:, in my opinion form the strongest breaking core in the NU tier. Even the Likes of :avalugg: struggle to switch into a Close Combat or Tera Water Wave Crash, and Tera Water Aqua Jet works great in the late game to pick up weakened mons as a result of that hazard stacking core.

:sv/oricorio-sensu:
R.I.P. SENSU @ :Heavy-Duty_Boots:
Ability: Dancer
Tera Type: Fighting
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe, Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

Bulky :oricorio_sensu: works great in the late game, where it can live most strong unresisted moves from Scarfers, and outpaces most scarfers, namely :bruxish: (by one base point lol), which can poke wholes in the team in the late game without that. Along with the Bulky Set, Roost works great for longevity and Tera Fight allows you to use the Tera Blast LARP of Revelation Dance really effectively.
Final Notes & Paste

Overall, the team doesn't have any huge threats that require delicate counter play, it takes on the new and ever-evolving metagame pretty well in my opinion, and I think that is reflected in the peak I managed to achieve. I'll definitely keep laddering with this team, and update the peak if I do any better, but the team is really solid, let me know if you guys have any notes though, peace

https://pokepast.es/d87c294fc70c75b1

Hello, this is my first time posting. I've not posting an RMT or anything because 1. I'm not an experienced or high ELO player and 2. This isn't a wholly original team.

For the past month or so I've been laddering with this Hera + HW Shaymin balance team I ripped from the sample thread (I think Rabia made it): https://pokepast.es/bb69a5c649c25e96
With the new DLC I decided to try fit Duraludon into this team and ended up changing a few more parts than I intended. I've kept the same offensive core but changed the defensive backbone to suit Duraludon. I'm posting in the hope I could get some pointers on teambuilding.

Wish + HW Balance

The offensive core is the exact same as the team I was laddering with. Trailblaze Heracross is a win condition, and if it gets stopped, HW Shaymin means it can potentially have another go at breaking teams down. Bruxish hits a nice speed tier, can pivot and also potentially clean up.

For the defensive core, I tried to cover the kind of role and type synergy the previous one had. Duraludon is a bulky Rocks setter who hits hard with Draco Meteor with only a little investment. Roar is added for some utility and to prevent pokemon setting up on it when its SpA is dropped. Gligar is there to take fighting and ground moves for Duraludon, provide knock off support, additional pivoting and hazards, and toxic as this team lacks any other status spreaders. Wish Florges makes up for Duraludon and Gligar's lack of recovery, and also soaks up any special hits. Chilling Water allows Florges leverage physical hits or provide entry for another pokemon. Once the hazards go down, Duraludon can do some major damage with Draco Meteor and Roar phasing. With healing and pivot support, Duraludon gets a lot of chances to get in and weaken teams for Hera and Bruxish.

Here is the team I used to get #1 on the ladder: https://pokepast.es/4885a78e8941addd

It's a very fun hyper offensive team featuring...

:Cloyster: @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Spikes

Cloyster! I mainly use it as a lead mon. It can either set up spikes or shell smash depending on the situation You can also use it as a late game cleaner as well. I use tera ghost to block fighting moves like cc or mach punch and to also spinblock as well. Overall a very strong lead hat I enjoy using.

:Chandelure: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Memento
- Trick

Chandelure! A very very fun choice scarfer that is very fast and powerful. Infiltrator is used to check bulky substitute sweepers with trick choice scarf. Flamethrower and Shadow Ball will be your main attacking moves. Memento is there to help your other pokemon sweep easier. Tera ghost is for more powerful shadow balls.

:Tsareena: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Tsareena! Mainly used as a rapid spinner to remove stealth rocks for chandelure and thundurus. Power whip is a very good stab move, triple axel is very good coverage, and I use taunt cause I was having a bit of trouble stopping certain trick room teams but high jump kick also works very well if you want to hit steels. Tera steel is a very nice defensive type for tsareena.

:Thundurus: @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ice
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

Thundurus! A very strong sweeper with nasty plot, thunderbolt, and tera blast ice. This mon is very hard to stop at times and is very fun to use imo. I use thunder wave to cripple choice scarfers/mons faster than me. You can definitely use heavy duty boots on this but I found that leftovers recovery really helped thundurus' longevity.

:Flygon: @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Flygon! A very fun dragon dancer in the tier. Earthquake, Outrage, and Fire punch are very nice coverage moves for this mon that hit really hard. I use jolly instead of adamant to speed tie scarf Tauros at +1 but you can also use adamant for the extra power. Tera steel is very strong defensive type paired with levitate.

:Diancie: @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Calm Mind
- Body Press
- Draining Kiss

Diancie! Insanely strong and fun bulky setup sweeper. Diamond Storm + Calm Mind are the main boosting moves. Iron defense instead of diamond storm is also a very good option for a more consistent defense boost but I found diamond storm to be more useful for me. Draining kiss is great for healing and attacking and body press + defense boosts can be very scary very quickly. Tera poison is to be immune to the poison status and to resist grass moves!

This is my first ever bazaar post so please tell me what I can do better!

If you see something you would change on this team please say!

Thank you.

It’s very likely that Politoed gets banned soon, so I wanted to show all of you the rain team I have been running for the day! It works really well and I’m proud of how it performed on the ladder. Without further or due…

Here’s The Team!!

https://pokepast.es/8af61d1865341eb2

:Politoed::Drednaw::Overqwil::floatzel::espeon::jolteon:

The Chef (:Politoed:) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis
- Encore
Starting off with the chef, we have politoed. Its role on this team should be self explanatory. It sets the rain to enable its teammates. Politoed matches up very well against Sun due to its ability to both outslow ninetales, allowing it to always get the rain up in a lead position, and its ability to switch into ninetales for free. For this Politoed, its carrying weather ball for a strong stab(most of the time), ice beam for coverage, encore to annoy set up sweepers and enable its teammates, and hypnosis to… also enable it’s teammat- man, I’m saying enable a ton now! That is what Politoed does best though. Anyway, I decided on Tera dragon because it allows Politoed to stomach grass and electric attacks more easily. It rarely comes into play, but it’s nice to have.

Brownie (:Drednaw:) (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Flying
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Stone Edge​

I have no idea why the homie was freed but I’m all for it! Brownie is an absolute wrecking ball, fully capable of both steamrolling teams, or breaking massive holes through them while trying. Given a set up turn, A shell smash swift swim Drednaw(say that five times fast) should outspeed the whole tier including scarfers(ditto being the exception of course) and threatens a ton with its boosted attacks. white herb allows Drednaw to retain some of its bulk after smashing its shell(or soaking up an intimidate) and allow it to stomach priority moves better. I settled on liquidation and stone edge as stabs, and earthquake for coverage. I never ended up clicking earthquake, so I just replaced it with crunch instead, which provides solid coverage as well. Tera flying allows Drednaw to release his inner kingambit and set up on unsuspecting fighting or grass types, but stab Teras sound dizzyingly strong too.

Puff Pastry (:Overqwil:) (M) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Stellar
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Crunch
- Liquidation​

Overqwil was my guy whenever I ran rain in ru a couple of months back and puff pastry here is no different(amazing name for a qwilfish/overqwil btw. I came up with it myself and it actually started the naming theme). Overqwil is capable of threatening lots of revenge kills under rain, only to use them as set up opportunities. Once it sets up a swords dance, its lights out for something on the opponent’s team! I often look at the remaining rain turns left after grabbing a swords dance with overqwil and just translate it to kills, because that’s how it feels sometimes. Overqwil’s high attack combined with the life orb and swords dance makes all of its moves so powerful. Gunk shot, crunch, and liquidation are all stabs(liquidation effectively is anyway) and they are all boosted by Tera stellar, which overqwil can reveal if it needs to break through a particular foe. Tera stellar has the downside that I only get the boost once, but the upside that the boost applies for any of overqwil’s moves. It’s really cool!

Licorice (:Floatzel:) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Flip Turn
- Ice Spinner
- Tera Blast​

Licorice rounds out the swimming core perfectly! He’s the strongest without boosts, the fastest without boosts and can function as both a breaker and a game winner quite easily. It’s very hard to top a swift swim floatzel, and not much really can. Even outside of rain, floatzel is plenty fast, powerful, and fully functional. Banded wave crash and flip turn are no brainers, ice spinner provides excellent coverage, but I went with grass type Tera blast as the final move. This is primarily for the new bulky waters in town, lapras and lanturn(mostly lanturn, but I do wanna try out lapras sometime!). That’s a pretty simple rundown of what floatzel does so… uhhh… did I spell licorice right?

Strawberry (:Espeon:) (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Yawn
- Future Sight
- Curse
- Alluring Voice​

I’m not gonna spend too much time on this one, as I already talked about Tera ghost curse on the discussion thread, but I’ll provide a quick rundown on what strawberry does. She exists to block and potentially create hazards with magic bounce, force switches and exert pressure with moves like yawn and future sight and whip out a Tera ghost curse in a pinch, enabling something else to come into a chipped target. The big focus with espeon is exerting pressure. It forces the opponent to make decisions if it gets in freely. I’ve honestly been really liking it!

Sprinkles (:Jolteon:) (M) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Alluring Voice
- Weather Ball​

And last but not least, we have sprinkles, our local thundurus hunter. I went with him over, well, an actual thundurus because of his still amazing speed tier and immunity to electric type moves, something this team desperately needed. With calm mind, jolteon can go on the offensive and help the team break through. With a mystic water attached, it’s rainy weather balls become stronger, although it’s probably worth trying leftovers instead. I decided on thunderbolt over thunder for the consistency and alluring voice rounds out the coverage well enough, even if there are some resists(dragalge is the big one). Tera fairy gives the team a Draco switch in(sorta anyway he’s trying his best). This is kind of an odd place to end it but…

… That’s about it! That’s the showcase of my rain team! You might be wondering how good it is, and I can show you how I did with it!

IMG_2054.jpeg

I ended up hitting top 28 on the ladder! I’m very happy that I showed you all the team and I hope you enjoyed the presentation. Is there anything you think I should change? I would love to hear what you all have to say so I can get better at presenting my teams! Until next time!

yeah I’m just going to post my teams for the broken stuff before they leave.
https://pokepast.es/f4c0b21d33deb3ac
this team is pretty simple to use. usually Lycanroc or Klefki is the preferred lead to set up hazards or screens. then cloyster is just a broken shell smash Mon that has no trouble setting up and getting kos with hazard support and screens. another great sweeper in oricorio-pom-pom is on the team and with screens it’ll definitely be able to set up on something and at least be able to trade. final sweeper on this ho is tauros-paldea-aqua it’s a bulky win con with powerful priority. flygon is a great new mon that has an amazing speed tier for a scarfer and is spiked/t-spikes immune and kos plenty and can afford to take a hit.
https://pokepast.es/bfee1961d74066f6
next team is a rain team. lead with uxie or Politoed usually and set hazards and rain and cleave past everything. the other four are all just powerful rain sweepers that usually trade or sweep the opponents whole team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)