Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Meet the Medic was funny as shit, not gonna lie. It think this outdoes all of the ideas we've had for it. And it explains the double jumping mechanics!

I've been pubbing for a few good hours and nothing is actually ruined by the unlocks. I haven't found any but the plate yet (item server is also buggy as fuck for me right now), but I did okay switching between classes. The Tomislav's rounds are also probably the quietest out of any Minigun, and the upsides make using the gun pretty damn effortless, but Tomislav Heavies seem to have a harder time hitting Scouts up close because of the rate of fire. And the gun is obviously the worst for point defense.

It is going to be pretty damn hard to dodge the Liberty Launcher, even as Scout. But hey, it has a new taunt animation! Speaking of which, the Meet the Medic taunt lags like hell.

They definitely put a lot of work into the new animations and sound effects they did add into the game. I especially like the Quick-Fix effects.

I dislike this. I payed good money for this game...
You get 6 times the backpack space of free players, the ability to get hats from drops and crafts, and a special hat. If you thought it was worth the money ($20 max lol), why change your mind?

You get 6 times the backpack space of free players, the ability to get hats from drops and crafts, and a special hat. If you thought it was worth the money ($20 max lol), why change your mind?
i hear that you can get a premium account for $0.49 by buying the cheapest item in the store, bonk or something

is this true

i hear that you can get a premium account for $0.49 by buying the cheapest item in the store, bonk or something

is this true

You can spend as little as $0.49 on TF2 after you've put $5 into your Steam Wallet. Even then, how can anyone legitimately feel ripped off by buying TF2 early? It's nowhere near the worst of the video game industry. It's just like buying any other modern game at release price, except $20 instead of $60.

$19.50 ripped off from you is less than $40 ripped off from you, as well as $59.50 ripped off from you.

But it's still a chunk of money I could have used to buy something else. Like Portal or Poker Night or something. Also, the principle that people are getting a better deal than me pisses me off too.

I guess I'm just not a very good person.

Portal was free for a couple weeks, and TF2 was on sale for like two dollars the first Halloween update. There were so many other sales and then eventually they just lowered the normal price to $10.

It's just something to expect from Valve, and buying at full price still easily means getting a couple hundred hours of play in before other people.

Meet the Medic is my favourite now, even beats Meet the Spy.

I actually bought the Orange Box yesterday (I was playing TF2 on the über update promotion before, was planning to buy it before the promotion ended) and woke up today to be told it was f2p. I'm not pissed because the Orange Box is still a good deal. I might be pissed off if I had bought TF2 by itself yesterday. That and I find it such a fruitless thing to be pissed off about /shrug. If you thought it was worth what you paid at the time, when you were playing before a lot of people, it's not a rip-off; they're just getting a better deal than you, in exchange for playing later. It's not worth being agitated about lol. Free to play means more people to play with, so whatever.

Minwu said:
It's just like buying any other modern game at release price, except $20 instead of $60.
This is a good way of putting it!

Maybe I'd care if I had paid the typical Australian retail release price yesterday =p

Is TF2 free to play from now on? It says so on steam...
just wondering if anyone can check, I can't tell if it's a week thing or not

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright then it seems that valve has decided to put balance in the wind with these minor updates to alt bonesaws, especially when there is no actual downside at all.

First with the amputator taunt (I suggested that the medic be more vulnerable while taunting), and now the Solemn vow, while it is hilarious (and 8 Jarate to craft wtf?) it also has no downside at all!

If this is a sign of the F2P world I am distressed.

Meet the Medic was awesome. as to those who are mad about this, why do you care? You're not losing anything, and you were able to play the game probably like a year before all the people who are just getting it now.

I bought TF2 a long time ago, but I don't mind the F2P change. I'm more than willing to support a company like Valve, anyway.

I caved in and bought a $2.49 key to open a crate from a weapon drop. Thus Valve's f2p strategy has already brought in at least one new paying customer. It's cool though; I have no qualms supporting a company as awesome as Valve, a company that actually cares about the games they make.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I caved in and bought a $2.49 key to open a crate from a weapon drop. Thus Valve's f2p strategy has already brought in at least one new paying customer. It's cool though; I have no qualms supporting a company as awesome as Valve, a company that actually cares about the money they make.
fix'd

I mean I guess money is the end goal of every commercial endeavour, but I've had good experiences now with L4D2 and my short time with TF2, both Valve games. I don't know, I like the company.

I don't really mind this whole F2P thing, though it seems like hackers are going to become more prevalent - unless Valve steps their game up on permanently banning abusers so they don't just make another account and redownload TF2.

I've heard good things about Team Fortress, I'll buy it when my pc gets an upgrade. I think it's a good move of Valve to make it F2P, it's both customer friendly, and the huge amount of new players will probably bring some more cash to the table through the paid elements of the game.

Alright then it seems that valve has decided to put balance in the wind with these minor updates to alt bonesaws, especially when there is no actual downside at all.

First with the amputator taunt (I suggested that the medic be more vulnerable while taunting), and now the Solemn vow, while it is hilarious (and 8 Jarate to craft wtf?) it also has no downside at all!

If this is a sign of the F2P world I am distressed.

You don't get +25% uber on hit or retain any uber after dying. Some of the more recent updates let the Medic see his healee's heal-ramp and damage numbers for himself.

The Bonesaw isn't any less useful than it was after the Gold Rush Update to me.

Mixed feelings about the Overdose. It takes away incentive to learn good Blutsauger or Crossbow aim, and it lets the Medic avoid more damage by running out of the way. Still, it's a nice buff to the Kritzkrieg which will increase the Overdose rate 25% faster. Kritz Medics die too easily.

No doubt there's some upgrades to vanilla weapons. But class balance isn't changed much. The one weapon that comes closest to release Sandman or Backburner is the Tomislav.

Mixed feelings about the Overdose. It takes away incentive to learn good Blutsauger or Crossbow aim, and it lets the Medic avoid more damage by running out of the way. Still, it's a nice buff to the Kritzkrieg which will increase the Overdose rate 25% faster. Kritz Medics die too easily.
medics should not shoot their weapons, the only time where i want to see a medic shooting a weapon is when he's burst healing someone who was recently damaged with the crossbow or when his entire team is dead and he's running from a scout. there is NO incentive to learn good syringe/crossbow aim if your team is any good, and if you're talking about pub, well, who the hell plays medic in pub anyway

also i am sick to death with all these demoknights in pub, though the new blutsauger glitch is hilarious for stopping them

Have the full demoman set :).
Tried it out in a lobby to great results: racked up a decent amount of kills and forced the other team into rage-mode.
(Still not nearly as effective as vanilla though)

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I decided to download this.

I'm not an FPS newbie, but I know nothing about TF2. I've been reading the wiki, but is there anything really important that I need to know before I start playing? If it matters, I typically play sniper/recon roles in FPS games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)