Team Resistánce - Hyper Offensive OU

The Team At A Glance

Introduction
Well, I've sorta stopped Shoddy Battling for the past two weeks, and when I was constantly there, I loved making new teams. Although, I haven't made an RMT for a while, because I've had no real success with any of these. However, when I came back, of course, I had to make another. I hadn't really tried Hyper Offense as of yet, so I thought why not. I started off with getting a moderate list of approximately 20-25 Pokemon with somewhat sweeping potential. After a while, I ended up with a team. Honestly it took me about 10 minutes to make. And surprisingly, I've changed one move after testing. So yeah. The team has great coverage (hence Team Resistánce), and decent synergy. After some thorough testing, the team doesn't really have any stand out weaknesses. But anyway, long introductions ware me out, so on with the team.

A Closer Look

The Lead

@

Ability:
Levitate
EVs: 64 Atk/252 Spd/192 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Comments/Thoughts -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Most common lead, standard Pokemon, no creativity, blah blah blah. I personally haven't used Azelf before this team very much. Probably because the first time I did, I had no idea how to use it. I chucked it in this team for a reliable Stealth Rocker, and can hit a few things around, for some much needed early momentum. At the start, I still failed. But honestly I couldn't have been bothered to change the team around so I left it as is. As I kept battling, I noticed I was using Azelf more fluently, and after numerous battles, it's probably now my favorite lead. I also noticed it has decent synergy with Empoleon, immune to Ground- and resisting Fighting-type attacks. Focus Sash almost ensures that it does it's job, in setting up Rocks. It also fairs up quite well against most common leads, almost always setting up Stealth Rock.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Moveset/EV's -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Almost as well known as Scizor, it's obvious what this set does. Stealth Rock is commonly argued as the best move in the game, turning many 2HKO's into OHKO's, namely one in particular, but i'll get to that later. Psychic for STAB and great base power to complement a high Special Attack stat. Fire Blast hits things hard that Psychic doesn't, namely Scizor (If it can), Metagross leads, Jirachi leads, and sometimes Bronzong leads. Explosion is really the main reason I chose Azelf among other fast Stealth Rockers, namely Aerodactyl, and others. I just love booming on Blissey switch-ins and even on Pokemon setting up such as Gyarados, who can hurt this team majorly, if it try's to set up. EV's are pretty self-explanatory, max Speed to outspeed as much as possible, An amount of Attack EV's to but some more bite into Explosion, and the rest in Special Attack to compliment Psychic and Fire Blast.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Special Core

The Hard Hitter
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis

Life Orb Gengar, hit everything hard, sleep counters, rinse and repeat. Need I say more? No, not really. But it's an RMT, you have to. Gengar also has great synergy with Empoleon, resisting both Ground- and Fighting-type attacks, while Empoleon resists Gengars weaknesses. Gengar wins me many a Pokemon battle through sheer power. Quite a few Pokemon think they can survive a Life Orb Shadow Ball from 359 Special Attack with STAB. I don't have calculations, or any stats, but Shadow Ball will OHKO most fragile Pokemon after Stealth Rock damage, and sometimes even quite bulky Pokemon. I know from past experiences that it does at least 75% to most fragile Pokemon, namely Infernape and Aerodactyl (no significance there, just an example.) Also with 350 speed, it isn't the easiest to outspeed.
Life Orb for extra damage. Max Speed and Special Attack for most possible sweeping potential. Shadow Ball for 120 base power move to compliment the very respectable Special Attack stat. Focus Blast to hit Dark-, Rock-, Steel-, Ice-, Normal-types, and anything that resists Shadow Ball. Thunderbolt over Hidden Power Fire here, as I did start with HPFire instead of Hypnosis, although I couldn't effectively stop it's counters and had no significance besides Forretress and Scizor. Hypnosis however, has proved quite vital for this set to succeed.

The Set-er Upper-er

@

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 HP/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Yeah I'm running three attacks with Agility. I've found this a lot more useful then the standard Substitute/Petaya option, as being able to Grass Knot those Swampert's and Ice Beam those Dragonite's, I just like having both. Although, Life Orb does make up for Petaya Berry, as it also puts Empoleon in Torrent zone, while still doing more damage when it's not, and boosting Ice Beam and Grass Knot. Very easy to get this beast in due to it's long list of resistances and get up an Agility and proceed to hit hard with near perfect coverage. Also has great synergy with Gengar and Azelf, taking Empoleon's weaknesses (bar Electric), and Empoleon taking the former's weaknesses.
As you've probably already read, I am using 3 attacks with Agility. And no, it is not a mis-click. Life Orb + Hydro Pump + STAB + Torrent doesn't do quite as much as Petaya Berry, but Grass Knot and Ice Beam also gets the 1.3% multiplier. It really is just a personal preferance. Agility for speed to increase sweeping potential. Hydro Pump for aforementioned sheer power. Grass Knot to hit Swampert and Suicune who try to ruin the fun. Ice Beam for Dragon- and Flying-type pokemon that think I'm lacking this after I've already exposed Grass Knot. Max Special Attack to compliment the great coverage, almost Max Speed to hit 428 Speed (I think) after an agility to outspeed almost anything non-scarfed.

The Gel

@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- U-turn

As I've already stated, Flygon really holds the team together. U-Turn, with just very small base power, offers an excellent scouting move, and with Stealth Rocks up, causes more switches, meaning easier KO's. Flygon here provides some invaluable resistances, in both Ground- and Electric-type moves being resisted completely, and a many a types resisted allowing a lot of switch-ins available for Flygon. I use this also as a revenge killer for weakened Gyarados, outspeeding after one Dragon Dance and doing approximately 50% of damage with Outrage.
Just that little bit oh HP EV's increases Flygon's survivability a lot, helping it survive Waterfall's from Gyarados and the like. Choice Scarf to outspeed lots of stuff, which is pivotal for Flygon's success. U-Turn is one of my favorite moves in the game. Doing just 15% of damage can change the game, especially as it allows you to switch to the appropriate check or something else to set up. Earthquake for general STAB and a powerful move eliminating many a foe. Fire Blast for the pesky Steels such as Skarmory and Bronzong thinking they can have a free switch into an Earthquake. The damage inflicted from Outrage is so important. It does around 50% to the average Gyarados, making a great revenge killer and for picking off other stuff.

The Physical Core

The Other Set-er Upper-er

@

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Yache Berry Salamence. Spin off to the ole YacheChomp eh? May be, but Yache is of large significance for this set to work successfully. Simply bring this in on something that doesn't pose a threat to Salamence, Dragon Dance on the switch. Swampert and Suicune are probably the primary Salamence counters in the game, both commonly wielding Ice Beam. Dragon Dance again as Yache halves the damage from Ice Beam. Outrage after two Dragon Dances does approximately 80% to Swampert, and 70% to Suicune. In other words, any prior damage, and these guys are gone, ripping a giant hole in the opponents team as Salamence continues to obliterate the opponent.
Average Dragon Dance, just with Yache Berry. Yache Berries significance is already stated above, so no need for that again. Dragon Dance to boost Attack and Speed, making sweeping a LOT easier. Outrage for immensely-powered STAB, Earthquake for Steels and some others, Fire Blast for Skarmory and the like. Nothing really to talk about here. <3 Yache.

The Revenge Killer

@

Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Yeah, yeah, no creativity. People using Scizor have common sense. I bet if Mewtwo and Kyogre weren't banned they'd be used over Alakazam and Starmie respectively. But anyway, with 90 base power, Bullet Punch is the strongest priority move in the game. With 394 Attack and Choice Band this is not something to be overlooked. Pursuit is amazing at picking off weakened Rotom-appliances and the like, that try to ruin my fun.
Their really is nothing to say here. 12 Speed to outspeed other Scizors, Max Attack, rest in HP to prolong it's death. U-Turn because I love it. Bullet Punch for obvious Reasons. Pursuit for picking off Ghost- and Psychic-types. Superpower for other Steel-, Dark-, and Ice-types. Nothing to say here. </Originality>

The Team Building

In the start I just really wanted to use an Empoleon, as it's an amazing sweeper and it's probably one of my favorite.

Then I needed something that can hit hard and cover Fighting-, Electric-, and Ground type attacks. Flygon was really the only choice here.

Recently I was looking through berries that reduce the damage from certain types, Occa and Shuca etc. I saw Yache Berry, and I thought why not try it on Salamence?

Obviously theres a distinct Ice type weakness. I put Scizor in and it looked pretty good.

Obviously I was lacking Special sweepers, and I wanted something that works well with Empoleon. I saw the Gengar resists both Fighting- and Ground-type attacks.

It was looking pretty good, and I wanted to try a lead I haven't used much in the past Azelf was a perfect fit for the team, so in he went.

I was happy with how it looked so I tested, and it started off a bit edgy. But as I kept faith, it got better and better and I'm now winning most battles. I'm very pleased with how the team is and I quite enjoy battling with it. So yeah, thats my team. Rate it please. :)

Defensive Threats

Blissey - Azelf will Explode on it if it can, otherwise Flygon Salamence and Scizor handle it nicely between them.

Bronzong - Empoleon does a fair bit with Hydro Pump, generally takes a bit to take it doesn though.

Celebi - Not really an issue, each Pokemon hits it supper-effectively.

Cresselia - Again not much of an issue, Flygon Scizor and Gengar can take it out alright.

Donphan - Never see this thing, but I guess Empoleon threatens it with Hydro Pump.

Dusknoir - Gengar can Shadow Ball, any damage clocks up and takes it out eventually.

Forretress - Can come in on Scizor easily, that's about it.

Gliscor - Haven't seen many, but their generally taken down easily.

Gyarados - Probably the biggest threat to the team, usually Revenge kill with Flygon.

Hippowdon - Haven't seen many, but usually taken down fairly easily.

Jirachi - Depends on the varient. Scarf/Physical varients are set-up on by Empoleon. and CMRachi is picked off with Flygon usually.

Rotom-A - Can be frustrating, but damage usually wears it down.

Skarmory - Yeah, another non-factor, considering how many of my Pokemon hit it super-effectively; little room for Skarmory to set up Spikes, much like Forretress.

Snorlax - Wear it down, finish off with something CurseLax can't really set up anywhere, though.

Suicune - Most of the time they try to set up on Empoleon thinking I have Ice beam, but Grass Knot usually does 60% as they Calm Mind. Troublesome if it set's up, though.

Swampert - LeadPerts are annoying, but they can't really come in on anything but Scizor.

Tentacruel - Haven't seen many, usually finish it off with Flygon.

Tyranitar - DDTar is problematic, but thats it.

Vaporeon - Haven't seen very many, usually just wear it down and Revenge kill with Flygon.

Zapdos - Not very trouble-some, they try to check Salamence with HPIce as Yache takes it up, I get my second DD, and OHKO back with Outrage.

Offensive Threats

Azelf - LeadZelfs I try to predict-out and switch to Gengar on the boom.

Breloom - Causes havoc in any team, but this teams generally Speedy so it can't set up anywhere.

Dragonite - Empoleon checks it with Ice Beam.

Dugtrio - Flygon takes him on fittingly.

Electivire - Flygon can revenge it with Earthquake.

Gallade - Not much trouble really. Can't set up anywhere, and Choiced varients are set up on by Empoleon or Gengar depending on the move.

Gengar - Usually revenge kill it with Flygon really.

Gyarados - Biggest threat to the team, usually try revenge kill with Flygon.

Heatran - Probabaly the other biggest threat to this team. Usually easy to work around though.

Heracross - Not really a problem, can't set up anywhere.

Infernape - Gengar to revenge-kill or come in on predicted Close Combats. Or revenge with Flygon.

Jolteon - Only troublesome with Flygon dead, but Salamence checks it OK with Yache Berry for HPIce.

Kingdra - Usually try pick it off with Flygon, Empoleon can be okay too.

Lucario - If it can OHKO Flygon with Extreme-speed I'm in trouble, but usually a non-issue.

Machamp - Pretty easy to set up on really.

Magnezone - Usually revenge with Flygon.

Mamoswine - Troublesome, if it plays it's cards right. Usually can wear it down handily though.

Metagross - Not really an issue, Flygon usually revenge kills leads after taking on Azelf.

Porygon-Z - Prediction really. Usually alright to handle, though.

Salamence - DD is a bitch to take down. MixMence can be Revenged by Gengar or Flygon.

Scizor - Non-issue, Empoleon sets up on it easily.

Starmie - Usually wear it down with U-Turn. Thats all I can do though.

Togekiss - Troublesome, usually alright though.

Tyranitar - Flygon, Salamence, Empoleon, Gengar, Scizor all hit it super-effectively.

Weavile - Empoleon can set up on it... Usually.

Yanmega- Non-issue really.

Zapdos - Salamence with Yache Berry deals with it easily.

Testing Log

Currently Testing:

Taunt on Azelf.
Explosion on Gengar.
Scarfed Latias instead of Flygon.

Will Test:

Life Orb Jolteon instead of Flygon.
Dragon Dance Tyranitar instead of Scizor.
Mixed Salamence instead of Dragon Dance.
Azelf EV change.

I have some suggestions

Azelf: I would fit taunt in the moveset somewhere to block things like roserades sleep powder

Gengar: Nosuggestions

Empoleon: At least somebody uses this set besides me

Flygon: I would switch this member for choice scarf latias running draco meteor and t-bolt to revenge kill gyarados and salamence after a dd, two big threats to this team.

Salamence: I would switch to Yache berry DD Nite for the bulk

Scizor: lol

Good Luck :)

I recommend using Explosion over Hypnosis on Gengar. 60% accuracy is annoying, and being able to KO Blissey and open up Empoleon's sweep is just awesome.

Salamence doesn't really pull off the whole Yache thing particularly well, especially because Scizor is usually around to deliver the KO after the Ice Beam anyway.

Alright, if you know anything about HO than you should know that you never use Choicers, especially Choice Scarfers (Band and Specs are ok sometimes). Choicers create a need for walls due to being set-up on much easier and HO can't afford to have walls. IF you add walls, it becomes a balnced team. and we don't want that. As of now, Gyarados can easily get up a Dragon Dance on Flygon locked into EQ or Scizor locked into any of it's moves except U-turn, which, in most cases, results in a good games for you. To change this you would probably want to replace Scizor with DD Tyranitar. This prevents Gyarados from setting up on you, gives you something to reliably set-up on Zapdos and Rotom(which most of your other pokes can't). Most of time Sandstorm won't do muc, because in HO sweepers are hard hitting anyways. As for Flygon, you could possibly replace it with LO Charge Beam Jolteon. He still retains the Electric-resistance, while also hindering you with a Ground weak though. Most of the time, the ground weak won't hinder you much because most pokes with EQ you can easily kill or set-up on. Jolteon gives you something to set-up on Gyara and is what i like to call a finisher. What this means is that often in HO when you sacrifice a poke to weaken the wall, wall is still there with a little HP remaining. If you come with another poke and finish him off without prior set-up, it could become set-up bait without any boosts from SD, DD, NP, etc. Jolteon finishes that poke with Charge Beam and also sets-up at the same time so you retain your momentum and you aren't set-up on.

So there you are, and i hope this helped you!

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Stall (mild)

How to fix:

Hey, really great team, dual U-turn is great, but I do see a slight weakness to Stall Teams. With something I call 'waste boost' e.g Empoleon with one Agility and a simple switch-in on Blissey can force you to switch-out and rack up too much damage. It seems you can handle it decently, but I feel you can lessen Stall from having "free switch" ins, but basically put it on its toes. First, I will suggest having Explosion BUT not to use it early in the match because it really ties a huge knot the the team because it checks so many prominent threats. If your scared of Explosion, just try Hidden Power Fire there to smash Scizor off the bat.

Secondy, I think you might want to give standard MixMence a go because it helps put Stall in their knees and with two U-turns on the team, it gives Salamence an easier time to KO these guys quicker.

As for other options go, you might want to look at these EV spread for Azelf (just for test): 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe at a Naive Nature but the same movesets. 252 Atk + Explosion helps by severely denting something early in the match or losing a main piece of the opponent's stall team. Basically you have SR + A potential KO thanks to 252 Atk. You could experiment on that, to take a huge dent out of Stall team pieces. overall gl.

I have some suggestions

Azelf: I would fit taunt in the moveset somewhere to block things like roserades sleep powder

I guess I could try this out. Never been a real fan of it though.

Gengar: Nosuggestions

Empoleon: At least somebody uses this set besides me

Flygon: I would switch this member for choice scarf latias running draco meteor and t-bolt to revenge kill gyarados and salamence after a dd, two big threats to this team.

Not really an option to me, the Electric resist is very valuable.

Salamence: I would switch to Yache berry DD Nite for the bulk

Dragonite has more bulk, yes, but Salamence has the suprise factor with it. It works.

Scizor: lol

Good Luck :)

I recommend using Explosion over Hypnosis on Gengar. 60% accuracy is annoying, and being able to KO Blissey and open up Empoleon's sweep is just awesome.

I guess I could try this, but Hypnosis is very valuable to me.

Salamence doesn't really pull off the whole Yache thing particularly well, especially because Scizor is usually around to deliver the KO after the Ice Beam anyway.

As I've already stated, it's the suprise factor that helps here.
Alright, if you know anything about HO than you should know that you never use Choicers, especially Choice Scarfers (Band and Specs are ok sometimes). Choicers create a need for walls due to being set-up on much easier and HO can't afford to have walls. IF you add walls, it becomes a balnced team. and we don't want that. As of now, Gyarados can easily get up a Dragon Dance on Flygon locked into EQ or Scizor locked into any of it's moves except U-turn, which, in most cases, results in a good games for you. To change this you would probably want to replace Scizor with DD Tyranitar. This prevents Gyarados from setting up on you, gives you something to reliably set-up on Zapdos and Rotom(which most of your other pokes can't). Most of time Sandstorm won't do muc, because in HO sweepers are hard hitting anyways.

I'll try this out, it seems a valid point. Well it is, I'll test it out.

As for Flygon, you could possibly replace it with LO Charge Beam Jolteon. He still retains the Electric-resistance, while also hindering you with a Ground weak though. Most of the time, the ground weak won't hinder you much because most pokes with EQ you can easily kill or set-up on. Jolteon gives you something to set-up on Gyara and is what i like to call a finisher. What this means is that often in HO when you sacrifice a poke to weaken the wall, wall is still there with a little HP remaining. If you come with another poke and finish him off without prior set-up, it could become set-up bait without any boosts from SD, DD, NP, etc. Jolteon finishes that poke with Charge Beam and also sets-up at the same time so you retain your momentum and you aren't set-up on.

This seems like a nice idea. I've always liked Life Orb Charge Beam Jolteon, I'll deffinately try this out.

Problems:

Stall (mild)

How to fix:

Hey, really great team, dual U-turn is great, but I do see a slight weakness to Stall Teams. With something I call 'waste boost' e.g Empoleon with one Agility and a simple switch-in on Blissey can force you to switch-out and rack up too much damage. It seems you can handle it decently, but I feel you can lessen Stall from having "free switch" ins, but basically put it on its toes. First, I will suggest having Explosion BUT not to use it early in the match because it really ties a huge knot the the team because it checks so many prominent threats. If your scared of Explosion, just try Hidden Power Fire there to smash Scizor off the bat.

Explosion's already been mentioned, yes, so I think I'm going to have to try it out. Hidden Power Fire was originally there instead of Hypnosis, but I didn't like it.

Secondy, I think you might want to give standard MixMence a go because it helps put Stall in their knees and with two U-turns on the team, it gives Salamence an easier time to KO these guys quicker.

I'll try this out, but for the record, using Yache Berry on Salamence is quite lethal. :P

As for other options go, you might want to look at these EV spread for Azelf (just for test): 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe at a Naive Nature but the same movesets. 252 Atk + Explosion helps by severely denting something early in the match or losing a main piece of the opponent's stall team. Basically you have SR + A potential KO thanks to 252 Atk. You could experiment on that, to take a huge dent out of Stall team pieces. overall gl.

It seems slightly pointless to me, but it also seems viable. I'll get back to you.
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I'll try all these out, and I'll put them in a Testing log at the bottom of the RMT. On that note, I'm about to add the threat list. :)

The fact that you can surprise people with Yache Berry doesn't counter his argument; Yache Berry surprises the Ice Beamer, but then every 9 out of 10 teams have a Scizor which kills you anyway, essentially neutering the benefit of the Yache Berry.

Yeah good point. It doesn't usually get revenged by Scizor though. I'll try MixMence soon.

EDIT: Depending on how early in the battle this is, I can just change to Empoleon and set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)