Team Seahorse and Fast Bug

I decided to create my own team after that other debacle. This one is based on the synergy of Kingdra and Scizor. Both can wreak the opposition.

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/140 Atk/216 Spd/144 SDef

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion
Azelf is the lead. Colbur Berry lets it take a dark type hit from those satanic Tyranitars and Machamps. Then it can either leave or do jihad after setting up rocks. Taunt can be used to stop stall later on. U-turn helps it scout. Explosion helps against those Pokemon that I have trouble taking out. 8 HP helps Azelf survive against Metagross's Meteor Mash and lets it be saved as death fodder. 144 Spd EVs prevent Roserade's Leaf Storm from OHKOing allowing me to Taunt her and switch in a Pokemon without fear of Leaf Storm. 216 Speed EVS helps outspeed Gengar and Infernape.
Azelf can survive most special attacks and get rocks in. This helps a lot for this offensive team.
---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Scizor forms part of the core with Kingdra. It can lure pokemon like Gliscor and Heatran in that Kingdra loves to set up on. It also resists Kingdra's Dragon weakness. The Bullet Punch can also kill those pokemon weakened by Kingdra. Superpower helps against Magnezone and Heatran as they switch in. Pursuit stops Choiced Rotoms and Gengars. The EVs help with sweeping.
---
Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Dance
Kingdra is a monster with Rain Dance doubling his speed. Dragon Dance jacks up Kingdra's attack and speed enabling a sweep. Kingdra resists Scizor's Fire weakness and softens the enemy for Scizor to kill. Waterfall and Outrage completely destroy unprepared teams. Rain Dance also weakens Fire attacks aimed at Scizor. Leftovers helps him survive attacks.
---
Rotom-w @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
This replaces the previous Jolteon set. The Choice Scarf is for revenge killing. Rotom-W is used because it can destroy Skarm and Gyara who wall Scizor and Kingdra while putting up a fight against Tyranitar. Timid is there to ensure highest speed.
---
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Recover
Celebi replaces Tyranitar and adds some support to this team. Thunder Wave paralyzes and screws up Scarfers,DDers,Lucario etc. Earth Power kills Heatran and Grass Knot kills bulky waters who give Scizor and Kingdra trouble. The EVs allow it to survive Pursuits and general physical attacks. Natural Cure lets it absorb status.
---
Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 Def/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam
This replaces the previous Flygon. Empoleon is kept until late game after Scizor and Kingdra have weakened the team. The reasoning is because Empoleon is a great threat that can demolish a team. With Scizor and Kingdra as partners, it can serve as cleanup. This is the standard Petaya Substitute set. Empoleon comes in on something that can't do crap to it and Substitute and Agility. Then Substitute until Petaya is hit. Then with Rain Dance in effect, Surf is free to destroy most of the tier. Bulky waters are handled by Celebi and Rotom-H.
That is my team. Please point out any flaws this team has.

With two Pursuit users and four choiced Pokemon, this team offers Lucario multiple opportunities to switch-in and set-up. The lack of a decent answer to Agility and SD Lucario is problematic as it can easily set-up and is able to dispose of your whole team. Additionally, I can see CB Scizor being a bit hard to handle if this team does encounter it since nothing is able to switch-into a CB U-Turn without taking ample amounts of damage. The addition of a DD Gyarados over Kingdra solves those issues. Gyarados and Kingdra are similar but Gyarados on the other hand, has Intimidate as an ability and that crucial Fighting- type resist. Gyarados is a solid Lucario and Scizor check - go for the following moveset (Adamant Nature): Taunt | Waterfall | Earthquake | Dragon Dance with Leftovers and 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe as an EV spread. With Taunt, Gyarados becomes an excellent stall-breaker and the EV spread allows Gyarados to take hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum while retaining it's offensive capabilties.

As for minor changes, I would strongly reccomend using Earthquake instead of Aqua Tail on Tyranitar as it has decent coverage along with Stone Edge and also helps you out significantly against Wish + CM Jirachi which would otherwise decimate this team. Aqua Tail is usually for Gliscor and Hippowdon, but the DD Taunt Gyarados that I suggested can safely switch-into both and set-up with ease on both making Aqua Tail's use rather limited. I would also try out Thunder Punch over Stone Edge on Flygon - Jolly Gyarados has enough speed to outspace Jolteon after a DD, which could be a bit problematic so this change ensures that you are able to hit Jolly Gyara considering Stone Edge's poor accuracy. Stone Edge is mainly for Zapdos which basically means that Tyranitar can safely switch-in and fire off CB Stone Edges, again, making Stone Edge less useful. Another issue with your team is that you have too many choiced Pokemons, that's why I would give Life Orb instead of Choice Specs on Jolteon a shot which gives you much more versatility allowing you to switch moves making Jolteo more of a threat while retaining the raw power Specs provided.

I'm don't really rate, and I'm new to the site. I have researched and analyzed for a while though. My only advice is that if you do sub Kingdra for Gyrados, you might want to substitute Ttar for Metagross, as a sandstorm won't really be desireable for a Gyra sweep.
Metagross @choice band 162Hp/252Att/96 speed
Jolly Nature Meteor Mash/Pursuit/Earthquake/Stone Edge
it accomplishes the same thing as far as killing Rotom goes, without a sandstorm. The lack of a spinner with four grounded pokemon and a weak Gyra would hurt.
Good luck!

Hey i got your vm

Firstly Having a scalf on rotom allows gyarados and skamory to setup on you if your locked into hydro pump because of this i would recommend using a painsaplit version of this rotom which also acts as a good anti stall pokemon since your main anti stall pokemon celebi is Toxic Spikes weak.

-this would be the set i would reccomend

Rotom-W
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Leftovers
Substitute / painsplit / Thunderbolt / Wil-o-wisp

Rating by request.

So it looks like you have a pretty decent team here. It has a set of checks against offensive teams in the form of Scarf Rotom and priority provided by Scizor. However, you have absolutely zero threats against stall teams with your current lineup. Blissey walls Empoleon, and you have no lures to take her out, while Gyarados stops both Scizor and Kingdra dead in their tracks. Celebi is nothing but set up fodder itself, too. Trick, Taunt, and Explosion might help a little bit, but this team simply will not beat stall without a lot of luck, or unless the stall player is really bad. To solve this problem without changing the overall dynamic of your team, I would like to suggest a mixed Rain Dance Kingdra. Stall teams have to basically predict right when playing against this particular Kingdra, which should put you at a decent advantage. The specific set is:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Naughty, 192 Atk, 240 SpA, 76 Spe
Swift Swim
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Waterfall
-Draco Meteor

This set can 2HKO Blissey in the rain, 2HKO Gyarados with Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor, and OHKO almost everything else commonly used on stall teams with Hydro Pump. The Speed EVs allow you to outpace neutral natured Scarf base 100's in the rain, which aren't as popular as plus speed natured base 100's, but it's still a good point for hitting so that you can at least beat Choice Scarf Rotom-A's. This means that after a Rain Dance, the biggest offensive threat you need to worry about is Jolly Scarf Flygon, who needs to use Outrage to KO you. What does this mean? It means that you now get a free turn to set up Empoleon while Flygon is locked into Outrage. Under a situation like this, though, remember to have Empoleon use Agility twice, so that the same Scarf Flygon cannot revenge kill you later on. That means one Agility on locked Outrage, and another Agility on the switch turn. By then you should be faster than any OU threat, and be able to use Substitute to hit Petaya.

I hope you found my rate useful! Best of luck to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)