Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 SAtk / 52 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Soak

SoakChou is a monster. Switching in on Fire, Ice, and Flying moves against Tangela, Soak removes STAB from opponent switchins and makes your Volt Switches hit hard and your Thunderbolt even harder. Hydro Pump hits Ground-types and is the stronger STAB move if you don't want to Soak. This set destroys slower specially-bulky pokemon for Tangela to switch in and start crushing things (with the help of a powerful 2x STAB Volt Switch).

Tangela resists both of Chinchou's weaknesses, Grass and Ground, and really appreciates super effective Giga Drain against special walls softened by Volt Switch. Tangela's excellent, Eviolite- and Regenerator-boosted bulk lets it do crazy things like avoid a 236 Atk Gligar Acrobatics 2HKO after Soak and Giga Drain health recovery and never be OHKO'd by LO 236 Murkrow Brave Bird (or Heat Wave.) Tangela also destroys Chinchou and Porygon (after Soak), the only two things that can wall Chinchou.

236 Atk Life Orb Soaked Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Soaked Gligar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 80 SDef / 200 SpA / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Ancient Power

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 SAtk / 52 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Soak

SoakChou is a monster. Switching in on Fire, Ice, and Flying moves against Tangela, Soak removes STAB from opponent switchins and makes your Volt Switches hit hard and your Thunderbolt even harder. Hydro Pump hits Ground-types and is the stronger STAB move if you don't want to Soak. This set destroys slower specially-bulky pokemon for Tangela to switch in and start crushing things (with the help of a powerful 2x STAB Volt Switch).

Tangela resists both of Chinchou's weaknesses, Grass and Ground, and really appreciates super effective Giga Drain against special walls softened by Volt Switch. Tangela's excellent, Eviolite- and Regenerator-boosted bulk lets it do crazy things like avoid a 236 Atk Gligar Acrobatics 2HKO after Soak and Giga Drain health recovery and never be OHKO'd by LO 236 Murkrow Brave Bird (or Heat Wave.) Tangela also destroys Chinchou and Porygon (after Soak), the only two things that can wall Chinchou.

236 Atk Life Orb Soaked Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Soaked Gligar Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 10-14 (43.4 - 60.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO

Finally someone to abuse Soak!

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 120 Def / 80 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power Fighting

The dark horses from GSC still strike back harder than ever! These two are jacks of all trades but the sets i love the most are defensively pivoted sets that rely on a resisted/immune move. They are better suited to help stall special threats from mounting an offense. Missy burns offensive mons and trolls Gligar and other winged beasts who plague teams (im staring you down yanma) with those old cold winds. Krow is the obvious muscle as he can flip teams on their backs with a simple act of bravery or hit them unexpectedly.

Even though the new meta brings them trouble, these old croonies can still manage to shake things up!

This core isnt perfect, of course murkow's new weakness to fairy and the omniprescent Knock Off scares Missy away but that doesnt mean they arent up to the challenge!

EDIT: 240Spe EVs leaves you at 19 Spe no matter what, i am a dum lol

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Very similar to the one Bri posted, but Foongus and Tirtouga.

Foongus is weak to Fire, Flying, and Ice. All three are resisted by Tirtouga.
Tirtouga is weak to Fighting, Grass, Electric, and Ground. The former three being resisted by Foongus, who really doesn't care about Ground types anyway.

That just leaves Foongus's weakness to Psychic; which can easily be handled by Pawniard, Murkrow (who is immune to ground), or even Houndour.

Both pokemon have great defensive potential ( though Tirtouga wishes for recovery :[ )

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Recycle
- Hidden Power Ice

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

This core utilizes the Volt-Turn combo of Larvesta and Magnemite to gain momentum, while Spritzee rounds out the core very well. Each member of the team has their own method of reovery, and Spritzee's Wish can heal the other two. Defog/Rapid Spin support is appreciated, however, as Larvesta is 4x weak to Stealth Rock.Although Magnemite fears Knock Off, the other two don't; Larvesta can even burn those using it on him!

Spritzee's Steel weakness is resisted by the other 2, Magnemite is immune to poison. Ground and fire are neutral on other two, who both resist fighting. Flying is resisted by Magnemite, as is Rock; however, Water is neutral.

NON-RESISTS:
- Water
- Ground
- Fire

This core combats Water-types with Magnemite's Volt Switch, while the above types are all whittled down by VoltTurn; Ground-types, like Gligar, fear HP Ice.

Overall, this is a very solid core that I hope to see more often :)

Wynaut/carvahnna

The thing about this core is it lures fighting types in with carvahnna switch into wynaut take a knock off/attack and counter back then proceed to sweep with carvahnna it works very well.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wynaut/carvahnna

The thing about this core is it lures fighting types in with carvahnna switch into wynaut take a knock off/attack and counter back then proceed to sweep with carvahnna it works very well.
except when knock off 2hkoes most variants, as well as counters to carvanha being able to beat wynaut. for example, mienfoo has u-turn from which it is almost always the safest move, Timburr beats most variants of Wynaut with two knock offs (unless you fully max in Def and eviolite LOL), Pawniard 2hkoes with knock off and can set up on wynaut, and lastly foongus is like the only one who cant beat wynaut 1 v 1 vs a good player (even then it can just sleep and sludge bomb).

except when knock off 2hkoes most variants, as well as counters to carvanha being able to beat wynaut. for example, mienfoo has u-turn from which it is almost always the safest move, Timburr beats most variants of Wynaut with two knock offs (unless you fully max in Def and eviolite LOL), Pawniard 2hkoes with knock off and can set up on wynaut, and lastly foongus is like the only one who cant beat wynaut 1 v 1 vs a good player (even then it can just sleep and sludge bomb).
Uhhhhhh excuse me??? Timburr will lose half the time or more against Wynaut in a 1 v 1 scenario, as with Pawniard if Wynaut has already used its Berry Juice. Obviously I wouldn't count on Wynaut as a trapper to beat Timburr or Pawniard, but don't count on them to crush Wynaut either. These matchups can go either way. Foongus will never ever beat a good Wynaut in a 1 v 1 scenario. Tell me how Foongus "just sleep and sludge bomb" Wynaut when it gets Safeguard and Encore. Wynaut is a hard counter/trapper/check (idk man) to Foongus, and is a great partner to Carvanha if you specifically EV it to do so.

196+ Atk Timburr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 18-22 (62 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Timburr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 12-16 (41.3 - 55.1%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO

236 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 20-26 (68.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236+ Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 26-32 (89.6 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Uhhhhhh excuse me??? Timburr will lose half the time or more against Wynaut in a 1 v 1 scenario, as with Pawniard if Wynaut has already used its Berry Juice. Obviously I wouldn't count on Wynaut as a trapper to beat Timburr or Pawniard, but don't count on them to crush Wynaut either. These matchups can go either way. Foongus will never ever beat a good Wynaut in a 1 v 1 scenario. Tell me how Foongus "just sleep and sludge bomb" Wynaut when it gets Safeguard and Encore. Wynaut is a hard counter/trapper/check (idk man) to Foongus, and is a great partner to Carvanha if you specifically EV it to do so.

196+ Atk Timburr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 18-22 (62 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ Atk Timburr Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 12-16 (41.3 - 55.1%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO

236 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 20-26 (68.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236+ Atk Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wynaut: 26-32 (89.6 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Wobb, notice how I put, "Foongus is the only one who cant beat it one on one" and even then you can outplay your opponent if they are stupid. You would be surprised. Sludge like 3-4hkoes and if the opponent is stupid and decides they will just mirror coat (can happen bc as you know a lot of people arent good on the ladder) then a good foongus player can just sleep as they wake up (turn 3 w/e) and proceed to pound away, again. Again, if the opponent knows what they are doing then it loses.

um, guaranteed 2hkoes on wynaut sound pretty solid to me. Not everyone is good enough to make a double switch, and if you are X-swishing just to lure in and beat something then I would say that your team is built bad against that threat. Besides which the situation is one of them switch in on Car and take the measly 30%. They proceed to knock off and 2hko. Unless you are Timburr, and Wynaut is Max Bulky, (hint: I even said as much in my post that Timburr only loses if Wynaut is maximum bulk). and even if it is maximum bulk, its a guaranteed 2hko with rocks up (unreliable as they are but still).

tl;dr please read my whole post before trying to pick it apart and only zoning in on the things that suit your argument. You are too good for that.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
A cleanup of this thread has been long overdue but it's finally been updated!

All mentions of banned Pokemon have been removed from the OP, as well as cores and ideas that contained them. The same will happen with Swirlix and Gligar if they are banned after their suspecting is over with.

Great job with these ideas, guys! ♥

lol remoraid actually got into the op

Swirlix (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 180 HP / 124 SAtk / 60 SDef / 124 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Cotton Guard

Gligar (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

things that Swirlix can't sweep:

fire mons
poison mons
steel mons

gligar wrecks all of them, and knock offs eviolites and stuff

swirlix has aromatherapy to heal burns and stuff

the ol' "shove broken pokemon on a team until you win" strat never fails

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
lol remoraid actually got into the op

Swirlix (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 180 HP / 124 SAtk / 60 SDef / 124 Spd
Calm Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Cotton Guard

Gligar (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

things that Swirlix can't sweep:

fire mons
poison mons
steel mons

gligar wrecks all of them, and knock offs eviolites and stuff

swirlix has aromatherapy to heal burns and stuff

the ol' "shove broken pokemon on a team until you win" strat never fails
I cant even argue against this cuz it works rofl

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 180 SDef / 148 Atk / 100 Def / 80 Spd
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger Tailwind/Taunt/Haze/Sucker Punch/Substitute

Magnemite @ Berry Juice/Eviolite
EVs: 236 SAtk / 40 Def / 156 SDef / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle/Protect
- Thunderbolt

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 160 SDef / 156 Def / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab/Bulk Up

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia/Prankster
EVs: 188 Spd / 236 Atk / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse/Roost

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SDef / 0 HP
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Recycle

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 160 SDef / 76 Spd / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab/Bulk Up

This core is based off of unpredictability, for all the pokemon on this team can preform offensive and defensive roles very well, which means you have no idea whether it is a offensive or defensive core until it is too late. Murkrow is decently bulky with Eviolite, but with access to Prankster, this gives it priority status and recovery, a godsend. Murkrow can also 2HKO the whole tier with the combination with Brave Bird and Sucker Punch, with help with its coverage move in Dark Pulse and Heat Wave. Magnemite, defensively, has amazing bulk, reusable recovery, and powerful STABs, along with a decently slow Volt Switch. Timburr is the glue of the core, taking hits very well for offensive versions while being a perfect status absorber, Knock Offer, and hard hitter for defensive versions. This core is just very good, and it is very good at showing how animals, machines, and humans can help each other to create harmony murder everything <3

(The top hidetag is a defensive version, while the bottom is more offensive)

Last edited:
Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Discharge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 SDef / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp

I really like this FWG core. I prefer to play defensively, and this core really suits my play style. Rest-Talk chou can eat up any flying or fire attack that poses a threat to foongus, while foongus can soak up fighting and water attacks. Add Ponyta to cripple physical attackers as well as soak up grass and steel attacks.

SevenSins , holy shit I love this core, I spammed it so much in Gen 5 because of how strong and reliable it was.
I experimented with this core a lot, IMO try these EV spreads, they're the most effective
Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature

At the moment you're missing out on important stat numbers. Chinchou is mostly a switch in to opposing Murkrow so you really want to hit that 14 defense. You get 21 after Eviolite with the spread I gave you as opposed to 19.
1 special attack stat and a speed stat rarely come in handy, Foongus is a wall and having mixed bulk is really important. With 12 sdef you're 2HKO by things like Staryu and Chinchou's Ice Beam, and OHKO by Abra's Psychic. With 14 sdef, the Ice Beams 2HKO and Psychic become 2HKOs. It's also useful for dealing with opposing Foongus.
As for Ponyta, I've tried a lot of different spreads, and I believe maxing physical bulk after speed is the best way to do it. Ponyta is probably THE BEST switch in to Eviolite Meditite in the game. Also since Ponyta utilizes two recoil moves, investing in attack means that you're dealing more damage and losing more percent of your health. Utilizes a purely speedy and defensive spread makes this defensive core a lot more effective and long lasting :3

If any mon you're running is used for defensive purposes, it's always best to invest as much as you can in defense because Eviolite boosting your def/sdef by 1.5 because it's more stat efficient. Obviously you can't just spam max def/sdef on everything otherwise you have no wallbreaking power, but for the most part if you're playing a defensive playstyle then defensive EVs are far more valuable than offensive ones.

SevenSins , holy shit I love this core, I spammed it so much in Gen 5 because of how strong and reliable it was.
I experimented with this core a lot, IMO try these EV spreads, they're the most effective
Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature

At the moment you're missing out on important stat numbers. Chinchou is mostly a switch in to opposing Murkrow so you really want to hit that 14 defense. You get 21 after Eviolite with the spread I gave you as opposed to 19.
1 special attack stat and a speed stat rarely come in handy, Foongus is a wall and having mixed bulk is really important. With 12 sdef you're 2HKO by things like Staryu and Chinchou's Ice Beam, and OHKO by Abra's Psychic. With 14 sdef, the Ice Beams 2HKO and Psychic become 2HKOs. It's also useful for dealing with opposing Foongus.
As for Ponyta, I've tried a lot of different spreads, and I believe maxing physical bulk after speed is the best way to do it. Ponyta is probably THE BEST switch in to Eviolite Meditite in the game. Also since Ponyta utilizes two recoil moves, investing in attack means that you're dealing more damage and losing more percent of your health. Utilizes a purely speedy and defensive spread makes this defensive core a lot more effective and long lasting :3

If any mon you're running is used for defensive purposes, it's always best to invest as much as you can in defense because Eviolite boosting your def/sdef by 1.5 because it's more stat efficient. Obviously you can't just spam max def/sdef on everything otherwise you have no wallbreaking power, but for the most part if you're playing a defensive playstyle then defensive EVs are far more valuable than offensive ones.
Thanks Wobb! I'll take that advice and change my EV's XD

A core I've been playing around with, thanks to Shaymin :D's advice, is Pawniard and Trubbish. They're a great hazard setting core, Trubbish with Spikes and Pawniard with SR. Trubbish also has the ability of self-recovery thanks to Recycle+Berry Juice, and even has Sticky Hold to protect its item, also allowing it to better counter Knock Offers. It has good pretty good coverage, Drain Punch kills Pawniard, and Gunk Shot is pretty good coverage, though 80% accuracy leaves much to be desired. As for Pawn, it's just an all-around amazing pokemon.

Great partners to this core are Spritzee and Wynaut. Spritzee provides Wish passing and Aromatherapy, while Wynaut is a nice stop to Meditite, who beats both members of this core.

Last edited:
I have a question that pertains to the Murkrow/Staryu/Mienfoo core. In it it says Staryu has recover as a recovery option but there is no way to get Staryu at level 5 w/ Recover so how does that work?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+
+

This is one of the most effective cores since the recent bans, and I've seen many good players use it including myself, macle and DTC. It's incredibly simple; Dwebble sets up Hazards, which Misdreavus and Pawniard both greatly appreciate as offensive Pokemon as it helps them sweep. Misdreavus also spinblocks meaning that the Hazards are very difficult to remove. Pawniard has Defiant which punishes any Defog users attempting to remove hazards. Misdreavus and Pawniard also have good defensive synergy with Misdreavus being able to switch in on predicted Ground- or Fighting-type moves aimed at Pawniard, whilst Pawniard can switch in on Ghost- or Dark-type attacks. Just by getting up about 2 layers of Hazards, this core can provide so much offensive pressure on the opposing team.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
+
+

This is one of the most effective cores since the recent bans, and I've seen many good players use it including myself, macle and DTC. It's incredibly simple; Dwebble sets up Hazards, which Misdreavus and Pawniard both greatly appreciate as offensive Pokemon as it helps them sweep. Misdreavus also spinblocks meaning that the Hazards are very difficult to remove. Pawniard has Defiant which punishes any Defog users attempting to remove hazards. Misdreavus and Pawniard also have good defensive synergy with Misdreavus being able to switch in on predicted Ground- or Fighting-type moves aimed at Pawniard, whilst Pawniard can switch in on Ghost- or Dark-type attacks. Just by getting up about 2 layers of Hazards, this core can provide so much offensive pressure on the opposing team.
Lol I've been spamming this core on 80% of my teams that I test with you. Just figured I would add the sets I find to be most effective.

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Counter
- Knock Off

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
+
+

Lol I've been spamming this core on 80% of my teams that I test with you. Just figured I would add the sets I find to be most effective.

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Counter
- Knock Off

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp
So would this core be part of an offensive team? Not really part of a balanced team it seems, since there is no healing. Is it still "durable" without any healing (on the pokemon themselves that you listed, or wish passing), or should you use a wish pokemon with it?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So would this core be part of an offensive team? Not really part of a balanced team it seems, since there is no healing. Is it still "durable" without any healing (on the pokemon themselves that you listed, or wish passing), or should you use a wish pokemon with it?
It is certainly fine without healing, since these are primarily offensive Pokemon. The core would work on Offense or Balance, depending on the 3 other Pokemon. A balanced team might use a defensive core to patch up some holes, or you could add 3 more offensive Pokemon to put more pressure on the opposing team, especially with Hazards. I use it on a Balanced team with Ponyta+Chinchou+Mienfoo to patch up weaknesses to Mixed Murkrow, fighting types, and shell smashers, but i've seen the core used with Murkrow, Fletchling and Meditite which is a much more offensive team.

It's meant for HO teams, which are fast enough that should not need to heal (doing so kills your momentum anyways).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)