Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. Yes, Microsoft Edge. Same problem occurs.
4. 3 days ago
5. d1ngd1ng2
6. Whenever I go on to the site, or the app I all it says is loading on everything except the teambuilder and ladder. It is stuck like that and doesn't load.

I'm having this exact issue. I've tried on multiple browsers/devices and have deduced that it is my wifi that's somehow preventing showdown from fully loading because when I switch to using mobile data, the site loads and functions fine. Are there any fixes to this at all?

I noticed this problem yesterday and my Username on Showdown is CordialArchitect (and is registered).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I'm having this exact issue. I've tried on multiple browsers/devices and have deduced that it is my wifi that's somehow preventing showdown from fully loading because when I switch to using mobile data, the site loads and functions fine. Are there any fixes to this at all?

I noticed this problem yesterday and my Username on Showdown is CordialArchitect (and is registered).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
I fixed this issue for me. I switched my DNS security from google or service provider to cloudflare 1.1.1.1

1. Windows 10
  2. Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Showdown application
  3. It happens on all browsers and the app
  4. a month ago when i tried to play showdown after not having played it for a year or so.
  5. remmie3
  6. every 30 seconds or so i get the following message: 'You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted', after which I have to reconnect. It doesnt matter which browser I use or if I use the app.
    Schermafbeelding 2021-02-07 142657.png

1. Windows10
2. Showdown application
3. Yes, google chrome, same issue
4. A couple of weeks ago
5. multiple, currently weebs&waifus
6. about 95% of the time the game just refuses to load. my internet is stable, no issues playing other games.

Attachments

Mamoo

I don't blunder in life, I just gambit a lot.
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hi, I'm having a weird issue, I was using an alt to get suspect reqs, but then I suddenly dc'd. I tried logging back onto it but it wouldn't let me in.
The account hasn't been registered yet & it's currently offline because no one can get into it.

This is the message prompt I get when attempting to log into it.
1612720380966.png

1612720755521.png

I wouldn't have minded if someone had already registered it in the few minutes I had no internet, but it doesn't ask for a password, so I'm fairly certain it isn't; & even if it was registered by someone else, shouldn't it ask for a password?
This is what makes it quite perplexing.

Also, for info purposes, I haven't logged in on any other device, nor have I used any IP other than my own (could it be IP related? wouldn't I get a banned message for that though?)

So, basically this account has already been stuck in limbo for about an hour before posting this.
This exact same issue has happened before when trying to get reqs for another suspect, but it automatically resolved itself in a few hours.

Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated & I guess this would make for a good research/case study as well. Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, I'm having a weird issue, I was using an alt to get suspect reqs, but then I suddenly dc'd. I tried logging back onto it but it wouldn't let me in.
The account hasn't been registered yet & it's currently offline because no one can get into it.

This is the message prompt I get when attempting to log into it.
View attachment 314105
View attachment 314106

I wouldn't have minded if someone had already registered it in the few minutes I had no internet, but it doesn't ask for a password, so I'm fairly certain it isn't; & even if it was registered by someone else, shouldn't it ask for a password?
This is what makes it quite perplexing.

Also, for info purposes, I haven't logged in on any other device, nor have I used any IP other than my own (could it be IP related? wouldn't I get a banned message for that though?)

So, basically this account has already been stuck in limbo for about an hour before posting this.
This exact same issue has happened before when trying to get reqs for another suspect, but it automatically resolved itself in a few hours.

Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated & I guess this would make for a good research/case study as well. Thanks guys
Sounds like a ghost connection, I can fix that. Send me a PM on the sim.

Just received a lot of reports that Chinese users can't log in normally to the main server and the smogontours,they have to use vpn for it since like 5:00pm GMT+8 on Feb 11,2021.Is something wrong with the server linking?

I am practically unable to play the game. I am having the same issue on the download version of the game as well.
Screenshot 2021-02-27 105155.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-27 105026.jpg

1. Windows 10
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Same issue on Edge and Download version of the game, along with having the same issue on mobile. However, Teambuilder is working for me.
  4. When I tried logging in sometime last year?
  5. WingedOracle
  6. Majority of stuff on the main menu are stuck on loading, causing the game to be unplayable.

Last edited:
  1. Android
  2. Brave
  3. Chrome, haven't checked others
  4. A few months ago, can't remember exactly
  5. Volantary
  6. Using /rank almost always tells me to use the official client. I'm using the official website through the browser so I'm not sure what it wants from me!

Attachments

Hello there, i have registeree my account today, with the username "Ct7y". But when i try to enter my username Ct7y, its saying someone already using the name..like how? When i was registering the name goes okay, but when i was entering my name to battle it shows already using..only i used this name..i was the user so why i cant play with my name please staff do something...tomorrow is my battle tournament...without my "Ct7y" name i cant participate :(( please i request uh guys..please help me and fix the issue..
Thanks
-Ct7y

Attachments

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello there, i have registeree my account today, with the username "Ct7y". But when i try to enter my username Ct7y, its saying someone already using the name..like how? When i was registering the name goes okay, but when i was entering my name to battle it shows already using..only i used this name..i was the user so why i cant play with my name please staff do something...tomorrow is my battle tournament...without my "Ct7y" name i cant participate :(( please i request uh guys..please help me and fix the issue..
Thanks
-Ct7y
Might have been a ghost connection (a bug were investigating). If that was the issue, I took care of it. Can you try logging in now?

Also just in case this is the issue: PS and Smogon accounts are seperate, registering one name on a site doesn't register the name on the other for you.

• Windows 10
  • Chrome
  • I've attempted to use the downloadable client, to no avail
  • Today, after the server reboot
  • Dakmaul
  • I'm perma-stuck on "loading" status on showdown. Can't log in on either chrome nor the actual client. Wasn't doing this before the reboot. Please help.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
  • Windows 10
  • Chrome
  • I've attempted to use the downloadable client, to no avail
  • Today, after the server reboot
  • Dakmaul
  • I'm perma-stuck on "loading" status on showdown. Can't log in on either chrome nor the actual client. Wasn't doing this before the reboot. Please help.
I made a bug. We're fixing it now. Sit tight.

Windows 10
Downloaded client
I've attempted to reinstall multiple times and have used a VPN to see if my IP is blocked
Months ago, I could not remember
I think Lobster_Emperor or something along those lines, again, I have not been able to connect for months
Whenever I try to load the client I get stuck on the loading screen. It works perfectly on the browser, but not the download client, which is a shame because I really prefer using it. I have not been able to actually use the client for MONTHS now.

Windows 10
Google Chrome (most recent version)
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? Tried multiple and it always resulted in the same issue.
I can't remember when it started honestly its been a while but its so minor I didn't wanna make a post but now I'm just curious
miraage
Whenever I go to change my avatar via the /avatar command to an avatar that comes from this site its fine. But if I log off and come back it will reset to whatever avatar I had before that is able to be selected manually from the Showdown or Smogtours site (the "change avatar" button on the top right which is shown in the image below). Honestly I can't tell if its a bug or something wrong with my pc like a cache issue and I couldn't really figure out which thread to post this so my apologies if it's in the wrong spot! As far as I'm aware I haven't ran into another user with this issue.
avathing.PNG

Windows 10
Google Chrome
I have only used google chrome and the game client, but both have the same issue
Whenever i try to log into ps everything is disabled and says loading, after like 5 minutes, it will turn back to normal, and i would start an online battle, in the middle of my battle, i would get logged out. It says 'this server is requesting an invalid login key.' It has been like this for 12 hours now for me, i usually play with my friend, and his ps works completely fine. It also takes a very long time for stuff to load whenever im using this smogon website, also my internet is working completely fine. Every 5 minutes on ps it says i have been disconnected. Please help me fix this problem or bug, thank you.

animallol

Banned deucer.
Window 10
chrome
microsoft edge
this started since 2 or 3 days ago
skimmythegod
I am not able to play the game because the screen just shows connecting to me. I've tried playing on chrome, edge and even downloaded the client but still it just show that it's connecting.

Attachments

1. Windows 10
2. Google Chrome
3. Safari (on mobile) same issue
4. within the last 16 hours
5. HotelFinder, Unitzero007, Travelocity

When I try to login it tells me that "this server is requesting an invalid login key"
All the functions for battling say they are connecting.
1619513837801.png

1. Windows 10
  2. Firefox and desktop app
  3. Google Chrome
  4. The past few days
  5. ponchovina
  6. Opening screen is stuck loading. I can open teambuilder, but everything else just says connecting or loading. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can play a few games and then come back in an hour and it won't load.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)