blitzlefan

shake it off!
I got two Modest Xerneas and I am deciding which one to keep for a geo set
1 31/31/22/28/11/31
2 31/x/19/31/17/31
which one should i keep and which one should i trade away
Second one, without a doubt.
Both are mediocre though

Well most people on here would prefer higher defenses, but since you are planning a Geomancy set anyways physical hits should be the only thing you really need to worry about, and I'm not sure how much difference not having 31 def makes. It's fine though, go for it :).

In my opinion, but you could also wait for one from Pokebank. Other people may be disinclined due to the defenses though since it will suffer slightly, so wait for another answer.

Last edited:

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Is this Mewtwo - (Timid) : 31 / 16 / 23 - 24 / 31 / 25 / 31 worth keeping?
I personally think this is fine. Mewtwo isn't that bulky anyway, so its defenses are passable. The important stats, SpA and Spe are flawless, and a relatively low Atk and perfect HP are great (obviously for Mewtwo or MMY).

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Sorry for the double post, but this time instead of responding to people, I'm asking a question of my own.
First, when soft resetting, how do you know which stats are the 31s? If the stats are all within the perfect range, is there an easy way to tell which ones are flawless, and which ones might not be?

Anyways, I have a 201/132/107/166/118/119 Xerneas, which should be Modest.
This looks like 30-31 / 22-23 / 14-15 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31. Should I keep this? The defense stat is disappointing, but the others all look spectacular (if the Speed isn't flawless I'm soft resetting though :/)

You can use something like Pokemon online to see the pokemon when it is level 50 with flawless IVs, and then look at the stats of your pokemon in game for reference. It helps knowing the nature but you should be able to deduce it, again by looking at what the stats should be with a neutral nature and then modifying it appropriately.

(I hope that makes sense :s ; so that you can see while battling Lysandere rather than wait for the cut scene to be over each time only to find out you have the wrong nature. If you think you have a keeper then run it through an IV calc afterwards.)

Edit: You know about the judge in Kiloude City right?

Last edited:

blitzlefan

shake it off!
You can use something like Pokemon online to see the pokemon when it is level 50 with flawless IVs, and then look at the stats of your pokemon in game for reference. It helps knowing the nature but you should be able to deduce it, again by looking at what the stats should be with a neutral nature and then modifying it appropriately.

(I hope that makes sense :s ; so that you can see while battling Lysandere rather than wait for the cut scene to be over each time only to find out you have the wrong nature. If you think you have a keeper then run it through an IV calc afterwards.)

Edit: You know about the judge in Kiloude City right?
Yeah, I used Pokemon Showdown to determine the range of IVs for my Xerneas's stats, which gave me stuff like 30-31. The issue is that a 119 Speed stat can either be 30 or 31 (huge when it comes to speed ties).

Also, I can't use the judge in Kiloude City for Xerneas, as I'm not far enough yet in the game to access it.

Edit: Thank you Agonist, that's incredibly helpful! And I soft resetted some more and ended up with a 28/22/25/31/31/31 Modest Xerneas, which I am completely satisfied with!

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let Xerneas die in the battle with Lysandre, then do a level 1 Speed Super Training course. If it gains a point, then it has a 31 IV, if it doesn't, it has a 30 IV. Alternately, you can check the Hidden Power checker, and see what HP it has, and compare that to the range of IVs to determine whether is has a 30 or 31 IV.

Last edited:
So I lost this Yveltal due to apparently leaving my 3DS XL in sleep mode too long without saving ;_;
Rash
22-23 / 30-31 / 28-29 / 30-31 / 28-29 / 30-31

An hour later, now I've stumbled across this one:
Rash
30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 30-31 / 12-13 / 30-31

Why SpD, WHY?

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Honestly to check what IV you have (from 30-31) I'll just use some rare candies. I always have like 4/5 in stock just for that reason. lol

LIKE I GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE!!

Modest Xerneas
IVs: 31/X/30/31/31/31

MY SYNCH FUCKING FAILED ON ME YET THIS GUY POPPED UP LIKE OUT OF NOWHERE!!! IT'S EXCELLENT BUT AT THE SAME TIME FUCK!!!

I'm done now. Someone else do mixed Xerneas please?

Must be nice Lugiatina! Meanwhile I'm still over here trying to get a decent Yveltal and keep getting ones like this one.

#717 Yveltal [Modest]
IVs: 30, 31 / 6, 7 / 16, 17 / 30, 31 / 8, 9 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 201 / 125 / 108 / 166 / 107 / 119

It's either excellent defenses and crap hp, or crap defense and great everything else >_<

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I've had an Arceus from the Dream World promotion event in White that I hadn't picked up, and I figured I should get it now before Pokemon Bank comes around so I can transfer it. Unfortunately, Entralink RNG is... tricky, to put it lightly, so I've been soft-resetting for a decent (or should that be outstanding?) Arceus.

After an hour or so of SRing, I got this spread:

Arceus

Jolly Nature
25/26/14/29/26/31

Should I keep this one? Remember that I cannot Synchronize Dream World pokemon natures and that Gen. V legendaries are not guaranteed to have three perfect IVs.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Hello! I've had an Arceus from the Dream World promotion event in White that I hadn't picked up, and I figured I should get it now before Pokemon Bank comes around so I can transfer it. Unfortunately, Entralink RNG is... tricky, to put it lightly, so I've been soft-resetting for a decent (or should that be outstanding?) Arceus.

After an hour or so of SRing, I got this spread:

Arceus

Jolly Nature
25/26/14/29/26/31

Should I keep this one? Remember that I cannot Synchronize Dream World pokemon natures and that Gen. V legendaries are not guaranteed to have three perfect IVs.
Keep imo

#717 Yveltal [Quirky]
IVs: 30, 31 / 8, 9 / 28, 29 / 28, 29 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 201 / 140 / 114 / 150 / 118 / 119

The first actual good Yveltal I get and it's neutral nature, Can this thing be kept or do I def need to keep going till I hit Modest or Timid with good stats?

Neutral natures are usually deemed horrible for competitive play, so I'd advise to keep going. Are you not using a fainted Synchronizer in your 1st slot?

I'm actually working on Yveltal myself, though I'm going for a mixed set.

Thoughts, anyone?
Rash
23 / 31 / 26 - 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)