Pokémon The Best Fairy Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~~~~EXCLUDING XERENAS AND ARCEUS~~~~~~~~~~ ((Disclaimer since requested))

So what Fairy type pokemon do you think will be the "Best" in the meta game. ((Example the best Grass type in gen 5 I would say Ferrothorn.))

I think that Azumarill or Togekiss may be the highest tier fairy Pokemon we will see.

This thread is just to discuss the fairy type and which fairy pokemon will probably be doing the "best"

Last edited:
I think mega gardevoir will be the best fairy with 100 speed 165 sp attack (cant remember sp att) and calm mind to boost further its strength and bulk

Azumarill, Togekiss and Mega Mawile are shaping up to be the top Fairy Threats. Gardevoir (and Mega) has potential, but I doubt it will be as good as the others. And it... kinda drops off after that.

I'd say Togekiss, at least in OU. Has solid bulk coupled with a great Special Attack, a great typing that lets it wall numerous Dragons, and the ability to abuse Serene Grace to its fullest with Air Slash and Thunder Wave. Not to mention the great movepool it gets that comes with several attacking options, quite a few useful support moves, and Nasty Plot for sweeping. An all-around solid Fairy, which is actually pretty rare in the type.

Obviously Diancie.

Ignoring the obvious, my first thought goes to Azumarill, with Togekiss as a solid competitor. I'd love to see Clefable jump up, but sadly I don't think it'll improve that much.

It is just strange that fairies beat Fighting/Dragon but a majority of them lack defense....

togekiss

azumarill is very weak

2hko for dragonite band and garchomp equakes
IDK choice band/Rough play/Huge power/Stab hits really hard, if it takes 2 hits from DRagonite/Garchomp they are already dead.

Most of them look good, especially love that Togekiss now is almost completely immune to the old Chomp set. Now if it uses Fireblast, it is walled by Togekiss, it it uses Stone miss or Iron Head, it is walled by Ferrothorn and Forretress. True, it does not have to use SD, but that has always seemed the move that made it so powerful in the first place.

If you get banned in Rough play though you can OHKO any Fighting or Dark switch in as wells, and it won't get resisted by a Ice/Water switch in... You will get resisted by a fire or steel switch in but so would Ice punch... that doesn't get a stab like Rough play does.

Simisear honey, 'cause he's FABULOUS!

...but in all seriousness Togekiss will wreck you. Either that, or Mega Mawile (if we aren't counting the legendaries).

Mega-Mawile is looking like one hell of a wall-breaker. If you run max attack and can use swords dance then well...

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega-Mawile Play Rough vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (50.76 - 59.93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I will admit that will be hard to run but as a wall breaker it will be extremely effective. I'm just glad it doesn't have bullet punch. Oh yeah and please tell me if my calc is wrong.

Xerneas, of course. :^)

But seriously, if we're talking about OU: I think Togekiss is one of the best. It has solid bulk combined with a lot of attacking power, and its new typing allows it to check and counter many, many more things than it used to and act as an excellent pivot. And of course, it still has that signature Serene Grace boosted Air Slash.

M-Mawile is another with its monstrous attack and fantastic defensive typing, that lets it become great bulky pivot and wallbreaker that works excellently with flying dragons.

Gardevoir. Psychic typing to handle that new poison weakness, and focus blast to deal with them steelums. And she even gets a mega, guys. She also has a huge movepool. The champion even uses her as her strongest pokemon. I think Gardevoir was MEANT to be queen of the fairies this generation.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My personal favorite right now is Mawile. An effective 260(ish) base Attack in Mega forme? That's insanity,and it isn't even a glass cannon either, excellent Steel/Fairy typing with 50/125/95 defenses can take a beating. With some Wish support, this thing is going to be absolutely nasty in OU.

Just to give you all some more perspective, a maximum Attack M-Mawile has a higher effective Attack than a positive natured max EV Deoxys-A with Life Orb (Deoxys almost never runs LO over Sash anyway and always runs positive speed, so Mawile is actually convincingly more powerful in terms of standard sets). Seriously, even my crappy in-game Mawile runs a train over people online.

On a more objective note, Togekiss is shaping up to be a top tier threat, and Sylveon offers great utility as well.

Gardevoir. Psychic typing to handle that new poison weakness, and focus blast to deal with them steelums. And she even gets a mega, guys. She also has a huge movepool. The champion even uses her as her strongest pokemon. I think Gardevoir was MEANT to be queen of the fairies this generation.
Psychic doesn't resist Poison.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most of them look good, especially love that Togekiss now is almost completely immune to the old Chomp set. Now if it uses Fireblast, it is walled by Togekiss, it it uses Stone miss or Iron Head, it is walled by Ferrothorn and Forretress. True, it does not have to use SD, but that has always seemed the move that made it so powerful in the first place.
Togekiss can also just scout for those moves with Roost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)