The Dancing Pineapple [Ubers RMT]

Welcome!

This is my first ever Uber's Stall Team, and I have had great success laddering with it. I have no idea what my CRE is, but I have feel in love with the overall play-style of this team, and the fact that I get to play Ludicolo in Ubers. He is just straight up amazing! The playstyle is purely rain, and to keep rain up almost all the time is not very difficult. The team also is based around keeping Toxic Spikes on the field, as it wears down a lot of the tier, especially the likes of Groudon and Mewtwo, who are huge threats. I'd say it is pretty standard, but I need a LOT of help with the team, in specific, the lead. I cannot stand this stupid Deoxys-E lead. It sucks balls.

First Look at the Team:
(Pictures are from random places! All credit goes to the people who found them!)

In Depth

Deoxys-E @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Defense (Need help with these)
Nature: Timid
~Spikes
~Taunt
~Shadow Ball
~Stealth Rocks

Summary:
I absolutely hate this lead. Sure, it's speed is great, and it sets up entry hazards most of the time, but it's just so common and expected. Generally, I set up Stealth Rocks against everything. Spikes are a "Oh look, I haven't died yet" set up, and aren't a huge deal for my team. If they are up, great! If they aren't, it isn't going to kill me. I kept Shadow Ball on this lead, as something to hit other Deoxys leads, and Mewtwo leads with. I guess Signal Beam would work in it's spot, but I haven't tested Signal Beam ( Nor have I ran into any Darkrai leads! )

Willing to Change?
This is the one spot I am VERY Willing to change completely. I considered a Giratina-O lead in this spot, as it gives me a spin-blocker, and only lets Deoxys get 1 layer of entry hazards. However, Hidden Power Fire is kind of useless in the rain, as it's power is really pathetic.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 SpA
Nature: Modest
~Surf
~Calm Mind
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Summary:
This is easily the bulkiest Kyogre I have ever used, and has proved it worth time and time again. It's a Crocune on steroids. I have never once considered changing this set, as it actually rips through teams lacking a Latias / Latios. Even thoughs with Latias and Latios are stopped, if they aren't the CM Variant. However, I never keep him in on either of those. He is far too precious to my team, and rain is needed on the field at all times to make Ludicolo useful, and to keep Forretress away from those nasty Fire Attacks. I play very conservatively with this Kyogre, because I am constantly scared of losing it early in the match. This is the ultimate support for the likes of Ludicolo, so if it goes down, another one of my pokemon just became useless (If the opposing team has a Groudon, that is.)

Willing to Change?
Absolutely not. Perhaps the set, if someone believes there is a better set out there for Kyogre on a Rain Stall team!

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Evs: 252 HP, 40 Def, 212 Sp Def.
Nature: Calm
~Grass Knot
~Protect
~Leech Seed
~Ice Beam

Summary:
This is the star ( pineapple...) of the show! Believe it or not, he does VERY well against the majority of the Ubers Metagame, and is a fine check to the likes of Scarf Palkia / Dialga that aim to kill my Kyogre. I always wanted to try out an NU pokemon in Ubers, and he works without any issues whatsoever! He does his job quite well, and not many people expect two attacking moves on this thing, believe it or not. Many expect Toxic, and switch out Latias, afraid their beautiful Kyogre counter is going down to this Pineapple. However, that just gives me a free Leech Seed on their switch, and also racks up entry hazards / poison damage!

Willing to Change?
Yes, I am willing to change this Pineapples set, but not the pokemon itself. I have considered running a Wall Breaker set with Swift Swim instead of Rain Dish, and running a mixed spread. Any ideas?

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Special Defense, 252 Defense, 6 HP
Nature: Impish
~Rapid Spin
~Toxic Spikes
~Gyro Ball
~Pain Split

Summary:
This is a very unorthidox Forretress set, as I have never seen someone run Pain Split on their Forretress in Ubers... ever.... nor have I seen anyone run this EV spread. Basically, I wanted maximum defense, yet the least bit of health I could possibly have. With the huge HP Pools of the majority of the Ubers tier, Pain Split recovers immense percentages of health. I love this Forretress, and it does it's job of spinning and setting up Toxic Spikes very well. Gyro Ball is basically a filler, but I am considering Spikes in it's slot. I have never once used Gyro Ball, and I don't have any Attack investment, so Spikes may be the better option.

Willing to Change?:
Yes, but only the set. Nothing else in the game can do it's job like it does, so suggesting a complete change is insanity.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP, 96 Speed, 160 Special Defense
~Taunt
~Light Screen
~Recover
~Toxic

Summary:

I absolutely fell in love with this Mewtwo set. The ability to support the rest of my team, and stop the other team from setting up, AND recover, all in one, is stellar. With these EV's, and a Timid Nature, it out-runs every Lati@s set in the meta-game, and can Taunt them before they attempt to Calm Mind or Wish / Screen, whatever their job may be. Light Screen allows it to tank some of meta-games most fierce threats, and recover off the damage with no problem, while Toxic damage slowly kills the opponent. The only real issue this Mewtwo has is SpecsOgre. Then again, what doesn't have an issue with SpecsOgre?

Willing to Change?

Yes. His job may be done very well, but if something else does it better ( And tests well. ) then I will happily replace him.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP, 64 Defense, 192 Speed
~Reflect
~Roost
~Icy Wind ( Yeah! :P )
~Whirlwind

Summary:
Lugia is my other Screener, and provides excellent support to the rest of my team. It's phazing job with Whirlwind is basically unmatched, and allows Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks damage to build up steady. I run Icy Wind as more of a stop to Rayquaza. Ice Beam has something like a 2% chance to OHKO Rayquaza with rocks down, and Icy Wind keeps that 2HKO, but allows me to outspeed it the next turn, and kill it without having to take another hit. Kind of unique, but that's what I have been using!

Willing to Change?
Yes. I am willing to change Icy Wind to Ice Beam if someone can give me good enough reasons, and I am also willing to change Lugia completely. A seperate EV spread is also exceptable. ;)

------------------------------------------------------

And that's the team! Basic stall with a pineapple twist! The biggest issues I have had, include other stall teams, especially those with Latias; as I can't just power through them with my Kyogre. Darkrai is also extremely EXTREMELY annoying. With no Dark Resistance besides Forretress, it gets frustrating. ( And Dark Void is balls... D: ) Skymin is also RETARDED, and should be BANNED. Fucking Flinch hax. The ultimate counter for my team is Critical Hits. Nothing on my team will survive one. :P I had my entire team Crit to death today by a Giratina-O, and the by a Palkia! :P

Thank you for reading!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, IAS, this is not a bad first attempt, and I like how you're using underused threats like Ludicolo and Stall Mewtwo.

A few things I'm going to address. First off, for a Stall team, you are lacking a Spin blocker. Giratina-O is arguably the best Spin blocker in the game and should be replacing Deoxys-S. I guess you have two options, either lead with Giratina-O like you suggested, or lead with Forretress. Either way, I'd suggest removing Gyro Ball for Payback on Forretress, it can dent other Giratina-Os switching in to spin block and can dent Psychics like Lati@s and Deoxys formes. If you are missing Stealth Rock, you can always just replace it over Pain Split.

Giratina-O @ Griseus Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk/64 SpA/196 Spe
Nautre: Naive
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-HP Fire
-Shadow Sneak

Aside from this, there aren't too many problems with this team. Kyogre is a good enough check to Darkrai, but if you really hate it, you can always replace Lugia with ScarfChomp or Scarf Palkia if you want.

Just a few more notes: Don't bother turning Ludicolo into a sweeper. It is far too weak for Ubers standards. Stick with your current set, or you can replace Ice Beam with Substitute to turn Ludicolo into a Stallrein-esque staller. Also, for Mewtwo, Will-O-Wisp is usually more beneficial than Toxic, so Mewtwo can stall on both sides of the spectrum. This gives you more of an insurance to physical attackers.

Hope I helped. Good luck with your team.

Thank you for the rate! ;D

I am going to try out that Giratina set, for sure. Today on the ladder, I lost 5 games in a row due to Crit Hax ( One game, literally EVERY single member of my team got OHKO'd by a Scarf Palkia because he Crit me 5 times in a row. )

After that, I quit laddering for the day.

I will also try out Will-o-wisp instead of Toxic on Mewtwo. I am not sure what use it will be, because I run Toxic Spikes, but we will see how it proves to help. :) I will also try out Payback > Gyro Ball on Forretress. Lately, I have seen SO many Giratina / Latios switch ins, that it will be worth running Payback. ;)

Thanks again for the rate! Keep them coming people!

Edit: I have seen a huge problem with Thunder Paralyze Hax lately. I cannot do -anything- when one of the members of my team gets paralyzed by Thunder. It literally shuts EVERYTHING on my team down COMPLETELY. I am thinking of running something to cure that problem. What sounds good?

1 Hour Bump.

I have a HUGE Hax issue. My team seems to get crit generally 3 or 4 times EVERY game. The second my Mewtwo goes down to a Latias Crit, my team is fucked. ( Then again, who doesn't have a hax issue? I say ban Crits on Shoddy, so the people with true skill can play. ;D GO STALL)

Also, Skymin is seriously retarded. I had it Flinch hax me to 30% today, then I get a recover off, then it crits me the next turn. I ran Icy Wind on Lugia for the exact reason as to slow down Skymin so I can Roost before it Air Slashes me, but Skymin is absoulutely insane. Going to need a more reliable counter.

Giratina-O is very underwhelming as a lead. It gets mauled by so much it's not even funny. Skymin Leads have a field-day with it, and I have no reliable switch into that.... Then it seems I am forced to switch out of Kyogre leads as-well, not knowing what set they are running; so if they are specs, no big deal. But if they are support, my Ludicolo is now Paralyzed, and can't do anything the rest of the game.

Since Shaymin-S leads are (almost) all Choice Scarfed you can simply Shadow Sneak it to death before it can KO you. If it doesn't use Air Slash hit it with a HP-Fire then KO with Shadow Sneak(Seed Flare won't 2hko even with a drop). The set in the Uber's Leads thread should work better though:
Giratina-O @ Griseus Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/
216 SpA/40 Spe
Lonely nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Hidden Power Fire
However, if you want to use Giratina-O purely as a spin blocker use Shrang's set.
And yes crits and add effects are the bane of stall.

Yes, I am purely leading with it. I don't like bringing something that lacks recovery in mid-game and expect it not to die.

I will try out that set. Thank you. ;)

What do you think I should do about the BS Thunder Paralyze Hax? Should I run something with Heal Bell / Aromatheraphy? ( Blissey perhaps? )

Odd as it may seem for a rain based team, I think that the best swap you could make would be mewtwo for groudon. Seeing as how you have kyogre and lugia, the two pokemon in ubers that attract the most electric-type accacks (usually thunder, but sometimes t-wave in the latter case), you REALLY need an immunity. A scarfed palkia or specks'd dialga with thunder could run through this team like nothing else. The merit of using groudon over garchomp (and to a lesser extent specially defensive dialga) is 1) his ability to phaze, 2) his ability to interrupt opposing rain teams (which you will actually have trouble should you not have t-spikes down), and 3) a stealth rocker. Neither dialga not garchomp can do all this with a single (functional) set. Taking SR off of forre frees up a slot for spikes, which will really wear things down fast with both lugia and potentially groudon phazing. Groudon will also patch up your dialga weakness; as is you have nothing that can really touch it, especially if it is running thunder with draco meteor.

It is deffinately 100% necessary to stick with ice beam on lugia because icy wind will not OHKO rayquaza, so it getting a DD OR an SD means you loose two pokemon in most cases, and more if you don't get SR up.

I know it has already been mentioned, but you really need a spinblock.... giratina would also help your teams issue with trick (I don't remember which alt I was playing under.... caveman, haze, idk but I ran through your team after two well timed tricks.

Good luck!

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hello.

I agree with everyone telling you to run a spinblocker somewhere on this team, as it would be highly beneficial, and right now Forretress gets several easy opportunities to come in and spin, most notably on Mewtwo, who cannot harm it, your own Forretress, Lugia (whom it can also Spike on), your Deoxys-e, and even Ludicolo, seeing as it can set up and spin away Leech Seed as well. In general, I suggest ditching the whole idea of Deoxys-e lead, and running the standard ubers spinner set on Forretress, which is 252 HP / 252 Sdef / 4 Spe, Careful nature, Payback / Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes / Spikes. You mentioned earlier that Mewtwo is your best bet against Latias, and Forretress will give you a bit of a better answer. This also absorbs Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rends / Dialga's Dragon Pulses better. Now with a Spiker / Spinner / Toxic Spiker all in one, that frees up a slot for a very bulky Stealth Rocker, I suggest Groudon.

Groudon helps with your massive weakness to Swords Dance Lucario and somewhat helps with Rayquaza and Ho Oh. Besides being able to set up rocks, Groudon is a very reliable phazer and a much needed Tyranitar counter for your team.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Earthquake

The Speed, while likely outdated, was used to beat the majority of Ho Oh. If you feel the need, since you have Reflect Lugia for Ho Oh, you can run 16 Speed on Groudon and run 240 Defense for maximum physical walling capabilities.

Normally i'd suggest Blissey over Kyogre to help with your huge weakness to special attackers in general, but you seem reluctant to change that. However, if you're willing to give it a shot, using Blissey over Kyogre and Giratina-o over Ludicolo gives you a pretty solid team in Groudon / Forry / Bliss / Tina-o / Mewtwo / Lugia, covering a large portion of the uber metagame.

Also seconding Will O Wisp > Toxic on Mewtwo. Even if you dont get Tspikes down early, Mewtwo can cause a ton of damage with Light Screen + Will O Wisp + Pressure, stalling out PP from both sides of the spectrum.

Hope i helped!

Most certainly! Thank you for everyone who rated this team! ;D

I am thinking of dropping the whole Ludicolo idea, as it's very difficult to find something to wall, that won't just set up on me... ( Latias ) With that being said, I will consider running everything that August said, and see how it works. However, which Blissey set should I run in the Ubers Meta-game? Any suggestions on that?

Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions. ;D I am testing them right now, and if they work well, I will change them.

I will be back shortly after testing!

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Most certainly! Thank you for everyone who rated this team! ;D

I am thinking of dropping the whole Ludicolo idea, as it's very difficult to find something to wall, that won't just set up on me... ( Latias ) With that being said, I will consider running everything that August said, and see how it works. However, which Blissey set should I run in the Ubers Meta-game? Any suggestions on that?

Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions. ;D I am testing them right now, and if they work well, I will change them.

I will be back shortly after testing!
Generally, Wish Protect Blissey works in conjunction with Toxic Spikes to stall out choice attackers as well as pass Wish to Groudon / Giratina-o which cannot heal on their own.

Generally, Wish Protect Blissey works in conjunction with Toxic Spikes to stall out choice attackers as well as pass Wish to Groudon / Giratina-o which cannot heal on their own.
Alright. I will try that out. I am using Softboiled right now, cause I generally do better with that version, but meh. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)