DPP NU: Gilbert arenas vs Garay oak
DPP LC: Energy vs Eeveeto

Team Orange Juice vs Team End Game
DPP Ubers: Jahkem vs Serga
DPP OU: LuckyPiper vs Jhonx~
DPP UU: RAP Yogurt vs Đark₮aR
DPP NU: Dandy Highwayman vs HaxBro.K
DPP LC: Crashy vs egalvanc

Let me know if there's any mistakes in this! Deadline is December 29th, 11:59 PM GMT-6!

Last edited:
I may be the outcast here, but when you have 32 teams sign up for a tournament (let alone this being the start of the festive season) the choice of a one week deadline seems a bit short.

You had to make 16 activity decisions in your previous post without also counting the ones that wouldn't affect the outcome of the series which would bring this up to around 20. Now you might say it's on us slackers (I for one had to be abroad for the last 5 days) but that's 40 people. You've effectively randomised the outcome of every series and defaulted the tournament to a new round 1 with half the teams. This really shouldn't be the desired outcome now should it?

I'd reconsider the activity decisions. The thought of granting a one week extension didn't cross your mind at all?

Last edited:

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
yo i also have waited all of yesterday for my opponent until my nighttime cause we wanted to play sunday.
seeing how many games havent been played you should really extend the dl instead of flipping every match, kek
Quite Quiet (rip) what are the official thots on this

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd reconsider the activity decisions. The thought of granting a one week extension didn't cross your mind at all?
and also pasy_g

I gave two full weekends (a week + 2 days, the +2 days were Saturday and Sunday) to keep the starting number of players in consideration, despite the fact that this is essentially five separate brackets of 32 (which really wouldn't be cause to have a longer deadline). In my Round 1 post, I was rather harsh on the idea of giving deadlines, but considering that that week was finals week for a lot of people and the sim problems, I would've considered them had you asked.

In every activity situation and every coinflip, neither party posted in this thread to ask for an extension. I went out of my way to give M Dragon vs Updated Kanto an extension, actually, because they scheduled after the deadline and seemed to be interested in finishing their series. But as far as hosting protocol goes, extensions should be given to matchups where both players made a significant attempt to schedule but couldn't reasonably find a time within the timeframe. I checked for this with every coinflip. To give you an idea of what this entails:

Alumn vs BKC
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/alumn.445146/ -> no messages from BKC
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bkc.52012/ -> no messages from Alumn
No post in the thread from either of them to indicate that they needed an extension or to post evidence that they scheduled through other means (ie Discord) and had a claim for activity. From this, I can only assume that they made 0 contact in the duration of the round.

jcbc vs pasy_g
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jcbc.417348/ -> no messages from pasy
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/pasy_g.61664/ -> no messages from jcbc
No post in the thread from either of them to indicate that they needed an extension or to post evidence that they scheduled through other means (ie Discord) and had a claim for activity. From this, I can only assume that they made 0 contact in the duration of the round.

Hyogafodex vs Plas
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/hyogafodex.234678/ -> no messages from Plas
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/plas.355066/ -> no messages from Hyogafodex

I believe you're mistaken when you state that I'm the one that randomized the outcome of every series. You (and other players that didn't hold up your end when it comes to completing your series) are the ones that left it to the coinflip by making 0 effort, I am simply the one that's trusted to actually flip the coin.

I am not a believer in granting extensions simply because a number of matches weren't completed.
to be honest the number of noncompleted wasn't even that high
5 * 16 = 80 series in Round 1. By your count, 20 didn't get played. 25%. That's pretty typical, having hosted several old gen tours. Might even be on the lower end.

I actually do regret not instituting a contact deadline, though. I figured that since this was a "team tournament" teammates would get on their teammates' case on completing their battles so that I wouldn't have to. Evidently, I put too much faith in the players.
If contact isn't even established in the entire duration of the round, how am I supposed to believe that an extension will change matters? Not to mention that extensions themselves take much more effort from my end. I have to babysit scheduling to see if, in the event that the battle doesn't get completed despite an extension, I can award activity. I have to regularly check to see if scheduling is actually happening, because if not, you're holding up the tournament for no reason and evidently, I can't trust players to communicate. In your words, this is the start of the festive season. How is it fair to expect me to give up my time during said festive season micromanaging extensions granted to players who showed 0 interest in completing the series in the first place?

Apologies that this is an overbearing response to what I could easily say "eat shit" and leave at, but I don't appreciate this tone of condescension that my tour hosting is incompetent to the point where I didn't consider extensions, or that I've somehow messed this up to the point that a TD needs to look at it. Don't shift the blame. This is on you and your opponents for not completing your battles.

edit: BKC is the one that asked me to host this tournament so if he sees it fit, I can ask for the thread to be transferred to him. But I am adamant in maintaining that I did my job as a host, and the rest lies on the players.

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
and also pasy_g

I gave two full weekends (a week + 2 days, the +2 days were Saturday and Sunday) to keep the starting number of players in consideration, despite the fact that this is essentially five separate brackets of 32 (which really wouldn't be cause to have a longer deadline). In my Round 1 post, I was rather harsh on the idea of giving deadlines, but considering that that week was finals week for a lot of people and the sim problems, I would've considered them had you asked.

In every activity situation and every coinflip, neither party posted in this thread to ask for an extension. I went out of my way to give M Dragon vs Updated Kanto an extension, actually, because they scheduled after the deadline and seemed to be interested in finishing their series. But as far as hosting protocol goes, extensions should be given to matchups where both players made a significant attempt to schedule but couldn't reasonably find a time within the timeframe. I checked for this with every coinflip. To give you an idea of what this entails:

Alumn vs BKC
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/alumn.445146/ -> no messages from BKC
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bkc.52012/ -> no messages from Alumn

jcbc vs pasy_g
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/jcbc.417348/ -> no messages from pasy
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/pasy_g.61664/ -> no messages from jcbc

Hyogafodex vs Plas
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/hyogafodex.234678/ -> no messages from Plas
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/plas.355066/ -> no messages from Hyogafodex

I believe you're mistaken when you state that I'm the one that randomized the outcome of every series. You (and other players that didn't hold up your end when it comes to completing your series) are the ones that left it to the coinflip by making 0 effort, I am simply the one that's trusted to actually flip the coin.

I am not a believer in granting extensions simply because a number of matches weren't completed.
to be honest the number of noncompleted wasn't even that high
5 * 16 = 80 series in Round 1. By your count, 20 didn't get played. 25%. That's pretty typical, having hosted several old gen tours. Might even be on the lower end.

I actually do regret not instituting a contact deadline, though. I figured that since this was a "team tournament" teammates would get on their teammates' case on completing their battles so that I wouldn't have to. Evidently, I put too much faith in the players.
If contact isn't even established in the entire duration of the round, how am I supposed to believe that an extension will change matters? Not to mention that extensions themselves take much more effort from my end. I have to babysit scheduling to see if, in the event that the battle doesn't get completed despite an extension, I can award activity. I have to regularly check to see if scheduling is actually happening, because if not, you're holding up the tournament for no reason and evidently, I can't trust players to communicate. In your words, this is the start of the festive season. How is it fair to expect me to give up my time during said festive season micromanaging extensions granted to players who showed 0 interest in completing the series in the first place?

Apologies that this is an overbearing response to what I could easily say "eat shit" and leave at, but I don't appreciate this tone of condescension that my tour hosting is incompetent to the point where I didn't consider extensions, or that I've somehow messed this up to the point that a TD needs to look at it. Don't shift the blame. This is on you and your opponents for not completing your battles.

edit: BKC is the one that asked me to host this tournament so if he sees it fit, I can ask for the thread to be transferred to him. But I am adamant in maintaining that I did my job as a host, and the rest lies on the players.
we are very grateful that you host this tournament and i really appreciate how much effort you put into this! and im also sure nothing in our posts was meant to be condescending, it was just a little shocker seeing us eliminated when we cant find our opponents to play. And, speaking for me now, i really wanted to play the game so i didnt make an activity post outright and hoped i still get to find him. But i wanna make the activity post now then.
1577124556916.png

Uhm, I did. And if you did your job properly you'd of known that as well. Curiously the decision as to my game wasn't even announced in your post. Looks like you aren't holding your end of the bargain. Pasy's post only reinforces that hardly any effort went into this.

It genuinely baffles me that you yourself point out to simulator problems persisting for the whole week, yet didn't consider the possibility of an extension.

Rephrases to ''I don't mean to tell you to shut up and move on, but shut up and move on''
Well congratulations on turning this tournament into solo mode. You've already disqualified a third of the userbase on what is supposed to be a fun old gens tour.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
important: Don't really want to tag every player again, but if you have a case for activity that changes the outcome of your series, feel free to post it. I'm not fond of how activities and extensions aren't being asked for until after the deadline, but I'll always honor those before my coinflips regardless.

Uhm, I did. And if you did your job properly you'd of known that as well. Curiously the decision as to my game wasn't even announced in your post. Looks like you aren't holding your end of the bargain. Pasy's post only reinforces that hardly any effort went into this.
I didn't look at series where their result had no bearing on the outcome of a series, ie yours. Now that Pasy has called activity, 12 hours after the deadline, and provided evidence I wasn't privy to at the time of the deadline, obviously that's different. Unless the remit of my job includes hacking into pasy/jcbc's Discord account and sifting through their PMs, then I stand by my decision to not look at your series at the time of the deadline, when your opponent's team had already won and I was doing activity decisions.

Apologies that I called you specifically out as a person that didn't put effort into scheduling, I mistakenly assumed that when you called yourself a slacker that you, like most of the coinflips, didn't attempt to schedule.

pasy_g vs jcbc
jcbc missed the time, sort of. It's not clear if a scheduled time was established, because pasy asked "when" even after they apparently agreed on a time, but either way, jcbc wasn't online and hasn't tried to reschedule. Activity to pasy_g.

Astamatitos vs HSOWA
This series now matters for the overall team score. Since the scheduled time seems to be today, extension till today. Let me know if you need more time.

BKC vs Alumn
If either of you have a case for activity, please post it ASAP so the tour can keep moving.

Rewer Sayuze Flares. Updated Kanto Caasi
Alumn hellpowna jcbc Bughouse HSOWA
Please hold off on scheduling with your Round 2 opponents; Alumn's team vs BKC's team from Round 1 has been extended. I'll post again with the proper lineup once that's finished. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Rephrases to ''I don't mean to tell you to shut up and move on, but shut up and move on''
Well congratulations on turning this tournament into solo mode. You've already disqualified a third of the userbase on what is supposed to be a fun old gens tour.
Harsh, but yes, I would rather you shut up and move on unless you have something directly relevant to your series to say. Had pasy_g posted his case for activity instead of talking about how many games haven't been played, as if that's a relevant factor, I would've 1) given pasy_g act 2) moved on to the next uncompleted matchup of your team's series, which is yours vs HSOWA 3) seen that you and HSOWA scheduled for after the deadline 4) given you two an extension ala m dragon vs updated kanto 5) tagged both teams involved in the matchup that this extension now disrupts 6) asked BKC and alumn for any similar activity cases in the hopes that maybe they respond first and make it so i dont have to wait for you and hsowa to finish to finalize Round 2.

Still a decent amount of typing but certainly less than having to justify not giving a blanket 1 week extension because 25% of the tournament didn't put in the effort to schedule/finish their battles/communicate with the host, which is the position I was put in when you and pasy_g asked if I didn't consider an extension. Sim problems are whatever, it wasn't even a factor in most of the activity/coinflips that I did because a) for players that were affected in the 3 or so days, they contacted me directly and we sorted it out b) azure was functional and I listed it as an alternative c) most of the flips didn't even get to that point where sim problems was actually a problem. can't have sim problems if you don't have a scheduled time.

Perhaps I'm going overkill but I just want to make my point clear to you that I did my job here.

Flares.

Banned deucer.
important: Don't really want to tag every player again, but if you have a case for activity that changes the outcome of your series, feel free to post it. I'm not fond of how activities and extensions aren't being asked for until after the deadline, but I'll always honor those before my coinflips regardless.

I didn't look at series where their result had no bearing on the outcome of a series, ie yours. Now that Pasy has called activity, 12 hours after the deadline, and provided evidence I wasn't privy to at the time of the deadline, obviously that's different. Unless the remit of my job includes hacking into pasy/jcbc's Discord account and sifting through their PMs, then I stand by my decision to not look at your series at the time of the deadline, when your opponent's team had already won and I was doing activity decisions.

Apologies that I called you specifically out as a person that didn't put effort into scheduling, I mistakenly assumed that when you called yourself a slacker that you, like most of the coinflips, didn't attempt to schedule.

pasy_g vs jcbc
jcbc missed the time, sort of. It's not clear if a scheduled time was established, because pasy asked "when" even after they apparently agreed on a time, but either way, jcbc wasn't online and hasn't tried to reschedule. Activity to pasy_g.

Astamatitos vs HSOWA
This series now matters for the overall team score. Since the scheduled time seems to be today, extension till today. Let me know if you need more time.

BKC vs Alumn
If either of you have a case for activity, please post it ASAP so the tour can keep moving.

Rewer Sayuze Flares. Updated Kanto Caasi
Alumn hellpowna jcbc Bughouse HSOWA
Please hold off on scheduling with your Round 2 opponents; Alumn's team vs BKC's team from Round 1 has been extended. I'll post again with the proper lineup once that's finished. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Harsh, but yes, I would rather you shut up and move on unless you have something directly relevant to your series to say. Had pasy_g posted his case for activity instead of talking about how many games haven't been played, as if that's a relevant factor, I would've 1) given pasy_g act 2) moved on to the next uncompleted matchup of your team's series, which is yours vs HSOWA 3) seen that you and HSOWA scheduled for after the deadline 4) given you two an extension ala m dragon vs updated kanto 5) tagged both teams involved in the matchup that this extension now disrupts 6) asked BKC and alumn for any similar activity cases in the hopes that maybe they respond first and make it so i dont have to wait for you and hsowa to finish to finalize Round 2.

Still a decent amount of typing but certainly less than having to justify not giving a blanket 1 week extension because 25% of the tournament didn't put in the effort to schedule/finish their battles/communicate with the host, which is the position I was put in when you and pasy_g asked if I didn't consider an extension. Sim problems are whatever, it wasn't even a factor in most of the activity/coinflips that I did because a) for players that were affected in the 3 or so days, they contacted me directly and we sorted it out b) azure was functional and I listed it as an alternative c) most of the flips didn't even get to that point where sim problems was actually a problem. can't have sim problems if you don't have a scheduled time.

Perhaps I'm going overkill but I just want to make my point clear to you that I did my job here.
you're very rude man do you know that?

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
My opponent last seen December 2... so I suppose I will be posting again here for activity if he doesn’t even come online within a few days.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Also I gotta agree w wiggly here, y’all have played tours for years. You know there’s a deadline and if you don’t even send your opponent a message within a week, that’s on you. It’s lack of effort on your end and wiggly has to go through 40 different profiles and decide the outcome of every game that people put no effort into themselves, and then he has to post about the activity decisions, and on top of that he now has to explain himself when no one is putting in effort. Come on now. This isn’t aimed at anyone specific especially since there were like 40 games that didn’t get done. That’s just absurd tbh

If 40 players seems like too much then thats because it is. The host ought to look into why that was the case (PS being down for the week) instead of going mental on activity decisions.

won, gg.

We played on smogtours but it says the server isn't registered so couldn't save the replay. I have a screenshot to provide if needed.

EDIT: Never mind, the battle opened on main and I could save it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)