The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, in 2009 the Cowboys were a top ten defense in both YPG (9th) and PPG (2nd). Not exactly recent, but also not nearly as long ago as their last title. In the in between years, they've been consistently average actually, finishing usually between 12th and 19th. So yeah, they aren't terrible, but not great either.

EDIT: Way to make a post before checking the stats and then deleting it when you realized I was correct =P
Why are you deleting my stuff when its not opinion though? the stats back it up. Don't get why people get so angry with me for pointing the facts. I dont use my opinion on the stuff. If i used my opinion, I would've said I always liked Barry Church since he went to school that I went too. You were not corect btw :p

Why are you deleting my stuff when its not opinion though? the stats back it up. Don't get why people get so angry with me for pointing the facts. I dont use my opinion on the stuff. If i used my opinion, I would've said I always liked Barry Church since he went to school that I went too. You were not corect btw :p
Actually, in 2009 the Cowboys were a top ten defense in both YPG (9th) and PPG (2nd). Not exactly recent, but also not nearly as long ago as their last title. In the in between years, they've been consistently average actually, finishing usually between 12th and 19th. So yeah, they aren't terrible, but not great either.

EDIT: Way to make a post before checking the stats and then deleting it when you realized I was correct =P

Can we at least agree they had passable defense?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not fact. The Cowboys defense wasn't shit except for one season (I think 2011?). Every other year they were average. You're just instigating now, so kindly stop.

The Cowboys defense in 2014 actually wasn't terrible. It wasn't great but it's not like they were complete shit like they were last season.
Also, the Boys won their 90s titles because of their offense. They were never a Bears, Ravens, Seahawks, and Broncos and Steelers you nub

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowgirls defense has been terrible as long as I can remember. They masked their poor D and made the playoffs a couple years ago by running DeMarco behind that offensive line 30 times a game and keeping the opposing offenses off the field.

Cowgirls defense has been terrible as long as I can remember. They masked their poor D and made the playoffs a couple years ago by running DeMarco behind that offensive line 30 times a game and keeping the opposing offenses off the field.
You seem to forget that season the Cowboys D actually helped win them some games, and you're forgetting my mans, DEZ BRYANT!!!

Redskins is another story ;)

The Cowboys defense in 2014 actually wasn't terrible. It wasn't great but it's not like they were complete shit like they were last season.
Also, the Boys won their 90s titles because of their offense. They were never a Bears, Ravens, Seahawks, and Broncos and Steelers you nub
It was close, true. I also saw you sneak in the Steelers XD *clap to you*

Here's the thing, I don't believe teams can effectively mask shitty defenses. Look at my Colts. Everyone that has watched at least one Colts game in the past 3 years knows that their defense is pretty bad, ESPECIALLY in stopping the run. They have to effectively win shoot-outs to win games which may get you into the playoffs(especially with how soft our schedule was a couple years ago) but will get you exposed by better offenses. So while Dallas' D might not have been great, it's been passable to keep them in games and make noise in the playoffs. You can also look at the Giants, Saints, Falcons, and to an extent, the Steelers to prove this point.
I also saw you sneak in the Steelers XD *clap to you*
Blame WaterBomb XD

Here's the thing, I don't believe teams can effectively mask shitty defenses. Look at my Colts. Everyone that has watched at least one Colts game in the past 3 years knows that their defense is pretty bad, ESPECIALLY in stopping the run. They have to effectively win shoot-outs to win games which may get you into the playoffs(especially with how soft our schedule was a couple years ago) but will get you exposed by better offenses. So while Dallas' D might not have been great, it's been passable to keep them in games and make noise in the playoffs. You can also look at the Giants, Saints, Falcons, and to an extent, the Steelers to prove this point.

Blame WaterBomb XD

Ain't that the truth

Demarco took the next year off lol. Fuck him and his lazyness

Demarco took the next year off lol. Fuck him and his lazyness
Philadelphia actually completely misused him. Murray is a North-South runner. Philly tried to run him in the shotgun and it blew up in their faces. Will Murray be an All-Pro again? Probably not but he can be a perennial Pro Bowler if you use him properly which I think Tennessee knows how he's effective and how he's trash.

Philadelphia actually completely misused him. Murray is a North-South runner. Philly tried to run him in the shotgun and it blew up in their faces. Will Murray be an All-Pro again? Probably not but he can be a perennial Pro Bowler if you use him properly which I think Tennessee knows how he's effective and how he's trash.
cause Chip Kelly sucks. Good thing he is gone.

Honestly Chip Kelly isn't really a bad coach. Other than using DeMarco Murray in the wrong scheme, he hasn't been that bad. Now he's a terrible GM and that's what killed the Eagles so wherever he goes they need to not let him control the personnel. But then again, the 49ers have a terrible FO too so they can't get much worse
Check out those defense. Guy only coaches offense

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dallas was the best team in da lee in 2014 and easily rolls Seattle and New England en route to their sixth Superb Owl title if they don't get Blandino'd and survive the rest of the Green Bay game tbh

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
QBs have been doing it for years. Running Backs doing it is basically unheard of. He wasn't protecting his body on the play either, he was half-assing it like he did the entire season.

...The Chargers, the Browns, the Lions and the 49ers all go 5-11 or worse
Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu we gonna be 8-8 at the least. Vikings will be meh with Shaun Hill at QB and the bears are still shit withban improving D. Only the Packers have a legitimate shot and hopefully someone gets hurt again

Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu we gonna be 8-8 at the least. Vikings will be meh with Shaun Hill at QB and the bears are still shit withban improving D. Only the Packers have a legitimate shot and hopefully someone gets hurt again

Look I understand that the NFC North is a bloodbath when it comes to rivalries but come on. Why the hell would you wish injury on a player? Also, that post was made before Bridgewater tore his ACL :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)