The Everything NHL Thread

From what I hear, LA is getting a raw deal, also I enjoy Joe Sakic alot and I was just cleaning up a spare room of mine and found my autographed avs jersey... memories memories

Yeah, that's what I heard from a text I just got from my NHL encyclopedia with legs. In any case, I still think LA gets a raw deal here but whatever, not my team to run into the ground...

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
well it's not the worst deal in the world for LA but i am curious as to why they'd want to help a division rival like san jose get heatley.. though his cap hit will be around for a while so maybe that's what they're banking on

I dunno, I question a lot of class that LA makes in general, though in good news a couple people I played with recently made the roster for the Kings, or at leas the preseason roster so that's cool at least.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dunno, I question a lot of class that LA makes in general, though in good news a couple people I played with recently made the roster for the Kings, or at leas the preseason roster so that's cool at least.
Psycho's got connections.

Just wondering, did you play for Michigan Ann Arbor's NCAA team?

Psycho's got connections.

Just wondering, did you play for Michigan Ann Arbor's NCAA team?
Nope, I play d3 but I played with a lot of guys from juniors and ncaa teams when I lived in northern michigan for the year. Plus a few of the guys in the NHL played for my old team (Ryan Miller (Sabres), Scott Parse on the Kings)

Eraddd

One Pixel
Nope, I play d3 but I played with a lot of guys from juniors and ncaa teams when I lived in northern michigan for the year. Plus a few of the guys in the NHL played for my old team (Ryan Miller (Sabres), Scott Parse on the Kings)
Oh sweet. Lots and lots of connections ;)

Sadly, no NHL connections here. Although, my buddy has been recruited by the same company who recruited SNSD as a dancer... but that's another story :)

Edit: 200th post. Fitting I should make it here.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i'm pretty sure several people expressed interest in doing a keeper

over and over again

but that could be bias on my part considering i was one of those people
well it was my idea to do keepers in the first place so "i'm pretty sure" nobody did anything to actively support it (including myself). we never had any agreement on how many keepers, if we wanted prospect keepers, if there were other limitations, how the draft would work, what would happen if teams dropped out, etc.

and nobody seemed to really even notice it wasn't keepers until days after jackal created the league..

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lets talk draft for a second im really set on that day unless anyone has any issues, but im willing to change the time!

so post what's good for you

So I was reading sportsnet.ca's live reporting about the Coyotes situation... as sick as I am of it I found this pretty funny and it basically sums up my thoughts on this

cmacsports: Lunch almost done -- coyotes boosters multipying ... Now 6 people Crazy - in canada, you'd need 7 or 8 court rooms for fans

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I would like a night time draft or even afternoon, I'm not really the type of person to get up in the morning for fantasy related stuff.

Also this was kinda funny:

http://deadspin.com/5356472/alexander-ovechkin-takes-his-wii-very-seriously

AND! I didn't want to point this out to his face lest I get a mouth full of Wiimote, but before our game he "inadvertently" switched from the Capitals to the Penguins—and then scored two of his goals as Sidney Crosby. I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin' is all.

Eraddd

One Pixel
Umm, I just found out I got shafted on saturdays. 11:30am isn't going to work out for me sorry guys. How bout in the afternoon?

Carl

or Varl
it'll be a few days before my work schedule for that week will be posted but i have a feeling i'll miss the draft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)