The Everything NHL Thread

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Kings fan here.. Idk man as long as we can get into playoffs anything is possible. I just don't wanna miss playoffs again tbh
I've felt your pain, we missed the playoffs last year by a single point. Lesson learned though: You can't have a "I don't care about the regular season" attitude.
Our biggest hurdle is having to go through all of BOS/TBL/PIT to reach the final, pretty much the hardest road possible so of we do make it we'll definitely deserve it.
Yeah the east is loaded the year, won't be an easy run, but hey, when is winning the cup easy? Can't say much about the west though, haven't been watching them much. Vegas is pretty surprising though, I didn't expect the expansion team to be this good in their first year before the season started.

I've felt your pain, we missed the playoffs last year by a single point. Lesson learned though: You can't have a "I don't care about the regular season" attitude.

Yeah the east is loaded the year, won't be an easy run, but hey, when is winning the cup easy? Can't say much about the west though, haven't been watching them much. Vegas is pretty surprising though, I didn't expect the expansion team to be this good in their first year before the season started.
I STILL can't believe Vegas might win the cup

given our lack of defensive play freddy's gotta stand on his head for us to have a chance, but then again when hasn't he. biggest hurdle is definitely boston, even though we're 3-1 vs them this season they're a far superior playoff team. tbl / pit games are usually tossups, we're 1-2 and 2-1 vs them respectively but I believe we are better offensively then either of them. if I had to bet 3 teams to win id say bos, preds and kings, although if we beat boston i dont see anything stopping us

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I honestly hope pittsburg doesn't win the cup again this year, time for another team to have a turn, perferebly the lightning but that depends on them playing well. Might post a bracket of my own later, and if I do you can guess whos in the winners spot cause I'm biased.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tampa in 5
Toronto in 7
Columbus in 7
Pittsburgh in 4

Nashville in 4
Winnipeg in 5
Las Vegas in 6
San Jose in 6

--------------------------------

Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh in 6

Nashville in 7
Las Vegas in 6

-----------------------------

Tampa Bay in 6
Nashville in 5

----------------------------

Tampa Bay in 7

Was looking at data this morning and I think smart money is on SJS, Anaheim is shockingly overrated

Tampa in 5
Toronto in 7
Columbus in 7
Pittsburgh in 4

Nashville in 4
Winnipeg in 5
Las Vegas in 6
San Jose in 6

--------------------------------

Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh in 6

Nashville in 7
Las Vegas in 6

-----------------------------

Tampa Bay in 6
Nashville in 5

----------------------------

Tampa Bay in 7

Was looking at data this morning and I think smart money is on SJS, Anaheim is shockingly overrated
Interesting you say that. Data from where? I know the Sagarin ratings and NHL Ref Playoff Prob gives the Ducks better odds.

Also if you guys wanna join the sports rooms bracket https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/sports-room-league-go-kings-go

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Interesting you say that. Data from where? I know the Sagarin ratings and NHL Ref Playoff Prob gives the Ducks better odds.

Also if you guys wanna join the sports rooms bracket https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/sports-room-league-go-kings-go
HockeyReference, I went digging through their advanced stats for the ones that I think k are indicative of future success. As best as I can tell Anaheim's only notable advantage is on defense whereas SJS beats them everywhere else. Now considering that Cam Fowler (#1 in ice time) is injured...

I honestly hope pittsburg doesn't win the cup again this year, time for another team to have a turn, perferebly the lightning but that depends on them playing well. Might post a bracket of my own later, and if I do you can guess whos in the winners spot cause I'm biased.
I want to see Crosby be the first ever with 3 straight Conn Smythes. He's a top 5 forward all time and this would make it undeniable.

HockeyReference, I went digging through their advanced stats for the ones that I think k are indicative of future success. As best as I can tell Anaheim's only notable advantage is on defense whereas SJS beats them everywhere else. Now considering that Cam Fowler (#1 in ice time) is injured...
Anaheim’s profile in advanced stats is that of a typical Carlyle squad. It’s mostly a John Gibson thing. I generally tend to bet more on skaters in series than goalies, but for a decisive game, I’ll give that edge to the team with the better netminder. Even without Fowler, their lynchpin in Hampus Lindholm is still there, and Manson’s quite the player too. I still took the Sharks, but I’d feel better about them if they finish it in 6.

TB in 5
BOS in 6
CBJ in 6
PIT in 5
NSH in 5
WPG in 5
VGK in 7
SJ in 6

I don’t pick sweeps, since any dumb thing can happen for the worse team to win one game. Any series I pick to go 5 means I think one team is considerably better than another.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
8-0 round 1! (I screwed up in game counts though)

Round 2 picks:
Tampa over Boston
Pittsburgh over Washington
Winnipeg over Nashville
Vegas over San Jose

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
cut.jpg

YES. About fucking time!! Buffalo better draft Dahlin or I will cry.

Also yay 8-0 Round 1!!

Round 2 predicts:
Boston over Tampa
Nashville over Winnipeg
Pittsburgh over Washington
Vegas over San Jose

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Tampa in 5!
I honestly did not expect this (thought it would be 7 games), but I am extremely excited and pleased with how tampa played. Now hopefully things don't take too long for the east finals to start, and my hope is tampa beats the penguins/caps ofc.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Hoping im not too late (game 1 in tampa just started)

1: 8-0
2: 3-1

Conference:
Tampa over Washington
Winnipeg over Vegas

Stanley Cup:
Tampa over Winnipeg

6-2 for Round 1
4-0 for Round 2

Conference:
Winnipeg over Vegas
Washington over Tampa (Post game 1 but I had them winning the east before the playoffs started :) You can check my bracket)

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Round 1: 8-0
Round 2: 1-3

Conference:
Tampa over Washington
Vegas over Winnipeg

Stanley Cup:
Vegas over Tampa

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Welp, this sucks, I'm still surprised that we didnt get any goals in game 7 after how we played for the first two periods. Maybe next year then kamranlaker would like a Kings/Lightning Final probably

GL Washington!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)