The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles invested a bunch of money on Bradford and Chase Daniel, and then proceed to trade all the way up to 2, trading away a ton of picks in the process.

Obviously if the QB they end up taking pans out, it works, but the Browns sure got a ton of valuable picks.

...yeah is Chil Kelly still the Eagles GM? Maybe all those half assed moves last season weren't his...

I mean if they were really planning this and end up grabbing a QB, wtf did you just guarantee how much asinine amounts to Bradford for? Or even to Chase sitting on the bench? I'd like to assume they really want some prized non-QB pick, but this is just weird by even their standard.

They might not even take a QB. There are certainly players that are worth grabbing that are non-QBs such as Jalen Ramsey, Laramey Tunsil, Ronnie Stanley etc. The Eagles grabbing a QB at #2 doesn't make sense.
EDIT: "The Eagles are making this pick to draft a quarterback, executive vice president Howie Roseman confirmed in a news conference Wednesday. We'll have to wait to find out which quarterback it will be. The Los Angeles Rams acquired the No. 1 overall pick in a blockbuster trade with the Tennessee Titans last week. California quarterback Jared Goff and North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz are now fully expected to be the first two selections of the draft. NFL Media columnist Michael Silver has indicated Goff likely will be selected first by the Rams." (citation: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-acquire-no-2-overall-draft-pick-from-browns)
Welp, I was wrong, the Eagles really are this dumb.

Last edited:
Panthers rescinded Josh Norman's franchise tag, which means he's a free agent now. Talk about a stunner.
what the fuck ????

this makes absolutely no sense, unless they seriously believe their odds of making another Super Bowl are about equal with him as they are without him there is no reason to not pay him the $14 million for next year. there almost HAS to be some other news that is about to drop, whether it is about a personal issue or a drug related issue (it is 4/20 day after all :pimp:). most likely thing I can think of is if he threatened to sit out the season if he didn't get a contract, which isn't exactly unprecedented. I understand that CB isn't exactly a glamour position and might not be quite worth the bang for its buck as some others, but don't fuckin rock the boat coming off a SB appearance...

what the fuck ????

this makes absolutely no sense, unless they seriously believe their odds of making another Super Bowl are about equal with him as they are without him there is no reason to not pay him the $14 million for next year. there almost HAS to be some other news that is about to drop, whether it is about a personal issue or a drug related issue (it is 4/20 day after all :pimp:). most likely thing I can think of is if he threatened to sit out the season if he didn't get a contract, which isn't exactly unprecedented. I understand that CB isn't exactly a glamour position and might not be quite worth the bang for its buck as some others, but don't fuckin rock the boat coming off a SB appearance...
He wanted too much for a long-term deal. Why overpay for a player who had 1 breakout season? If he wants too much, don't pay him. The Panthers defense is still elite without him due to their linebacking core and their pass rushers. Yes, Norman was nice to have last season but he's no Sherman, Pat Pete, or Revis.

this Norman thing is interesting.

i can't say i'd mind if the Jags pursued him, but i think he'll land with the Ravens or maybe the Dolphins.

he's obviously asking for a fuck ton of money and even though the Jags have it right now, they're going to need the space in a couple years to re-sign TMNB and AR15, among others.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
this Norman thing is interesting.

i can't say i'd mind if the Jags pursued him, but i think he'll land with the Ravens or maybe the Dolphins.

he's obviously asking for a fuck ton of money and even though the Jags have it right now, they're going to need the space in a couple years to re-sign TMNB and AR15, among others.
>tmnb

49ers are most likely to land him, as they are more than prepared to shovel out a shitton of money for a guy like this. As a Jags fan, I would rather draft Ramsey, but at the same time, getting Norman and drafting Jack is basically a dream that completes our defense. I am slightly concerned about our Offensive Line, however, so if Tunsil falls to us, Tunsil vs. Jack is very difficult because unlike many past prospects, Tunsil does have the quickness off the snap and experience to preform well at the next level despite a difficult transition. Tunsil's skillset transfers better to the pros, basically.

Yea, Norman wanted way too much. Gettleman has a history of keeping money tight to his chest, so I never was convinced the deal would get done unless Norman would be willing to take less, but good money. Plus, he was ass his whole career until he broke out last year, so giving him Richard Sherman kind of money would be risky. Wish him the best, he served us well but I'm just disappointed he wouldn't take a little less.

Looks like the Redskins and not the 49ers are the front-runners for Norman. Norman vs OBJ twice a year would be fun.

EDIT: Norman to the Skins for a 5 year, $75 million contract with $50 million guaranteed. He wanted top corner money, and now he's the highest paid corner in the NFL.

also lol at below

Last edited:
Lol the Redskins have no secondary to speak of but overpaying one corner who had one breakout season? That's not how you fix the issue. The fact that this organization made the playoffs last season amazes me since they still make dumbass moves like this.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Lmao all that was coming up was "why is brady not suspended" "why was brady not convicted" and the whole time i was saying "CAUSE WE ARENT BIASED FUCKING IDIOTS AND ARENT DESPERATE TO PUNISH BRADY FOR ANY LITTLE THING THAT DOESNT MATTER"

Considering he's been mostly an injury-plagued QB who's lucky he's even lasted this long, Bradford really should just keep quiet and collect his $20mil guaranteed or whatever it was as the number of teams he can swindle that much money out of has to be dwindling.

As a salty Colts fan who ,should be thanking Goodell, this is too late. Why should Brady ,in 2016, be suspended for an allegation that was
1. Never proven true
2. Happened now 2 seasons ago
This honestly makes no sense. I'm pretty sure I can speak for every NFL fan when I say
WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT DEFLATEGATE.

As a salty Colts fan who ,should be thanking Goodell, this is too late. Why should Brady ,in 2016, be suspended for an allegation that was
1. Never proven true
2. Happened now 2 seasons ago
This honestly makes no sense. I'm pretty sure I can speak for every NFL fan when I say
WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT DEFLATEGATE.
I'm not exactly well versed in the situation anymore, but basically the appeal was that Goodell has the power to punish players (however he sees fit) if an "independent" investigation deems it more probable than not that the person did whatever. According to the CBA, he does, so Brady is out of luck regardless of how guilty he may or may not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)