The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Never understood why the Cowboys opened up as a 1 point favorite over the Panthers.
To be fair, it's a pretty fluechly occurrence for Romo to throw two pick-6s. The Panfers offense is not exactly dominating, so if Dallas can quit shooting themselves in the foot they could very easily hang with the Panfers

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Oh if you want stats we have the AFC South with the same record as the NFC East while they former has a higher strength of schedule. Okay.
And if Dallas was (at least) 9-1 coming into today's game like they should be, nobody else has been derailed harder by injury up to this point (going forward is another matter), the NFC East would collectively have the best or second-best record in the league.

I don't even care if the Cowboys win or lose anymore, this game's made today worth it
This is all your fault. >:(

also I never saw Dallas as a favorite anywhere, most of the lines are/were CAR-1, but it's still ridiculous for a 10-0 matched up against a 3-7 even if the latter is finally back at "full" strength (Romo still rusty as balls yo)

edit: LOL REFS BLATANTLY SCREWING DALLAS AGAIN

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
And if Dallas was (at least) 9-1 coming into today's game like they should be, nobody else has been derailed harder by injury up to this point (going forward is another matter), the NFC East would collectively have the best or second-best record in the league.
What injuries has this division suffered other than the Cowboys? Redskins, Giants, Eagles all have been healthy and none have been better than mediocre...

Overall the AFC South has been more competitive game-to-game. As a whole, the AFC South has probably experienced MORE injuries.

Jags have missed Thomas for 6 games, Yeldon for 1 and a couple more he played under 100%, Lee battling hamstring entire season, etc.

Texans were without Clowney and had Arian Foster for like 4 games, and he means as much to the texans as romo does the cowboys

Titans played a bunch of games without Mariota and had a shitty HC for most of the year

Colts were without Luck for a few games and he played under 100% for several more, not to mention half of their offensive line

also I never saw Dallas as a favorite anywhere, most of the lines are/were CAR-1, but it's still ridiculous for a 10-0 matched up against a 3-7 even if the latter is finally back at "full" strength (Romo still rusty as balls yo)
The line swung back into the Panthers' favor but the line was initially DAL -1, which seemed like a slight against an undefeated team. Either way, the Panthers have proven that they are a legitimate force, and the Cowboys were the unfortunate victim.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poor Cowboys :(. Makes me appreciate how fortunate my team is to have their current record with all the injuries they've had

I hope next season is a better one for the NFL as a whole. This season has been shit and I'm not saying that because my Colts have been severely underperforming. From all the injuries, to the blatant shittiness of the refs, this season will be one to forget for me(Can't definitively say for everyone) even if the Colts somehow win the Super Bowl. A lot of teams just haven't been competitive. This is a list of every team above .500 this year:
Cincinnati
Denver
New England
Pittsburgh
Carolina
Green Bay
Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
That's only 9 teams out of the 32 in the NFL. It's sad.

It really is pretty sad, especially because I wouldn't really consider Green Bay, Minnesota, or Atlanta to be particularly good football teams, and certainly not on the level of Carolina/Arizona in the NFC.

Lots of injuries, lots of struggling all around. There's a few teams that have been on a tear lately that may impress come playoffs, but right now the NFL looks to be in a pretty sorry state.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I hope next season is a better one for the NFL as a whole. This season has been shit and I'm not saying that because my Colts have been severely underperforming. From all the injuries, to the blatant shittiness of the refs, this season will be one to forget for me(Can't definitively say for everyone) even if the Colts somehow win the Super Bowl. A lot of teams just haven't been competitive. This is a list of every team above .500 this year:
Cincinnati
Denver
New England
Pittsburgh
Carolina
Green Bay
Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
And what do all those teams have that the rest, almost unanimously, do not? Hmmmmmmmmmm.......................

Cincinnati
Denver
New England
Pittsburgh
Carolina
Green Bay
Minnesota
Arizona
Atlanta
It's because The Patriots have pretty much monopolized all the winning in the NFL

Most teams just give up after week 3 because they already know the Patriots are gonna win the Superbowl after they go 14-2 with some random dudes they signed off the street and Tom Brady.

Its pretty unfair

Oh joy what a wonderful thanksgiving day that was! The Lions, Panthers and Giants all won! Ha but seriously this sunday the Giants can essentially clinch the division when they beat the skins. Yesterday two teams in the NFC East lost any chance at the division title. The boys are 3-8 and without romo, they'll probably win one more game. The Eggs are 4-7 with their next game being at Patriots, and since the patriots are going to lose this week and it's impossible for them to lose two in a row we can just go ahead and put them at 4-8. Then they have to play the cards and they have never beaten the cards since like ever so that's at least 4-9, and let's not forget that they suck balls so really it'll be a miracle if they win another game. Now the skins are the only team that can threaten the giants but not if the giants beat them this week leaving them at 4-7 with head to head tie breakers over them.

So really, the Giants are no different than the Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals and Patriots in that they'll clinch the division in week 12. Elite teams just get it done as soon as possible.

Oh joy what a wonderful thanksgiving day that was! The Lions, Panthers and Giants(they didn't even play on Thanksgiving you dumbass. It was the Bears) all won! Ha but seriously this sunday the Giants can essentially clinch the division when they beat the skins. Yesterday two teams in the NFC East lost any chance at the division title. The boys are 3-8 and without romo, they'll probably win one more game. The Eggs are 4-7 with their next game being at Patriots, and since the patriots are going to lose this week(umm no) and it's impossible for them to lose two in a row we can just go ahead and put them at 4-8. Then they have to play the cards and they have never beaten the cards since like ever so that's at least 4-9, and let's not forget that they suck balls so really it'll be a miracle if they win another game. Now the skins are the only team that can threaten the giants but not if the giants beat them this week leaving them at 4-7 with head to head tie breakers over them.

So really, the Giants are no different than the Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals and Patriots in that they'll clinch the division in week 12(Except the Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals, and Patriots are actually good teams. The Giants are just lucky to play in the worst division this season). Elite teams just get it done as soon as possible.
Can you do us all a favor and stop posting in this thread?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo man didn't the pats only beat the Giants by like 1 point lol

Also last I checked the last 2 times they played in the Super Bowl the Giants won

They're not really that bad a team

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh joy what a wonderful thanksgiving day that was! The Lions, Panthers and Giants all won! Ha but seriously this sunday the Giants can essentially clinch the division when they beat the skins. Yesterday two teams in the NFC East lost any chance at the division title. The boys are 3-8 and without romo, they'll probably win one more game. The Eggs are 4-7 with their next game being at Patriots, and since the patriots are going to lose this week and it's impossible for them to lose two in a row we can just go ahead and put them at 4-8. Then they have to play the cards and they have never beaten the cards since like ever so that's at least 4-9, and let's not forget that they suck balls so really it'll be a miracle if they win another game. Now the skins are the only team that can threaten the giants but not if the giants beat them this week leaving them at 4-7 with head to head tie breakers over them.

So really, the Giants are no different than the Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals and Patriots in that they'll clinch the division in week 12. Elite teams just get it done as soon as possible.
if the lions could get move to the SEC would that make them an elite team because they would clinch it by week 10?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Can you do us all a favor and stop posting in this thread?
He was referring to the Eagles and cowboys losing which is a win in the eyes of a giants fan. Think of it as if the jags and Texans both lost in the same day. That's a 'win' for the clots right?

Looks like Killah just implied that defense wins championships in his post

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yo man didn't the pats only beat the Giants by like 1 point lol

Also last I checked the last 2 times they played in the Super Bowl the Giants won

They're not really that bad a team
No, of course they're not a bad team. They're an alright team, and I quite like them, but some hero considers them to be the greatest team in the NFC even though they would be completely forgettable this year if they just didn't happen to be in the weakest division in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)