The Hackmons Cup Cup [Won by ihasdisname]

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
i forfit to my oppent i know that we will not be able to battle and i am not doing a coin flip
re: Brettwhite2 vs GaryAjax
Brettwhite2 forfeited his battle at the beginning of the week, both in this thread and giving the win to his opponent GaryAjax on his VM wall after GaryAjax attempted to schedule. He later deleted the forfeit post (quoted above). Earlier today, Brettwhite2 reached out to my cohost, lvl100blaziken, via Discord PMs and asked for the forfeit to be undone. lvl100blaziken granted his request and asked for Brettwhite2 and GaryAjax to begin scheduling. I am making this post to undo the undo and officially award the win to GaryAjax.

I apologize to GaryAjax and Brettwhite2 for the confusion and for the miscommunication between hosts. While I was not online when Brettwhite2 attempted to undo his forfeit and would not have undone his forfeit, not wanting to reverse lvl100blaziken's decision and my interest in getting as many battles played as possible led me to not act until now, hours after lvl100blaziken's decision. Forfeits are final, and because this was not an extenuating circumstance, Brettwhite2's forfeit will stay.

(archives of relevant details mentioned above: 1 2)

Brettwhite2

Banned deucer.
re: Brettwhite2 vs GaryAjax
Brettwhite2 forfeited his battle at the beginning of the week, both in this thread and giving the win to his opponent GaryAjax on his VM wall after GaryAjax attempted to schedule. He later deleted the forfeit post (quoted above). Earlier today, Brettwhite2 reached out to my cohost, lvl100blaziken, via Discord PMs and asked for the forfeit to be undone. lvl100blaziken granted his request and asked for Brettwhite2 and GaryAjax to begin scheduling. I am making this post to undo the undo and officially award the win to GaryAjax.

I apologize to GaryAjax and Brettwhite2 for the confusion and for the miscommunication between hosts. While I was not online when Brettwhite2 attempted to undo his forfeit and would not have undone his forfeit, not wanting to reverse lvl100blaziken's decision and my interest in getting as many battles played as possible led me to not act until now, hours after lvl100blaziken's decision. Forfeits are final, and because this was not an extenuating circumstance, Brettwhite2's forfeit will stay.

(archives of relevant details mentioned above: 1 2)
gj you just made someone quit pokemon because of this i say this on discord if i lost by forfoit i would not only quit showdown but pokemon so gj

Alright, I won in two again. Good games, The Cruelest.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-946849105
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7hackmonscup-946852523

Ah, it's here.

From the battles Zephyr fought with many of the inhabitants, Zephyr learned quite a few things, both about his Pokémon partners and the people residing there. First of all, his Tsareena had not been new to battle at all; the techniques utilized clearly took years... even he struggled to keep up, but that was fine; it had meant a prime partner had joined him, which made Zephyr quite prideful. Secondly; the reason the Wandering Master had gone undefeated until now wasn't the fact that they weren't strong, but rather that they were strong enough to be counterattacked. On that note, the canteen carried by that Sawk wasn't for show, either; it was an energy reservoir for tougher or multiple encounters in a row. A little sneakier of a tactic than was expected, but it was smart. More physically-inclined foes were usually met with a counter attack, and the special attackers were met with a sudden flurry of blows, often downing them immediately.
On that note, there were no Fairy-types in sight. A few people did take advantage that the people in the town predominately used Fighting-types, and brought things like Hypno and Alakazam, but the Wandering Master was not above a dirty strike or two against such combatants. Lastly, the elder of the town was named Cameron, and he really liked dancing to music, and had a gramophone in his home... which was pretty cool to see. He also had some gardening projects on the side, and the town was more homely and pretty as a result.
From the money I obtained from all the won fights, along with the tournament winnings, allowed for a ton of Poké Balls to be bought, along with a few Super and Hyper Potions. Even in such a town isolated from technology, they managed to keep stocks pretty high. With my head held high and my pockets stuffed, I continued eastward to a highly ordinary route. The trainers there were not even close to my caliber, much less my Pokémon, and Sawk and Tsareena trounced them without much in the sake of resistance. There was even one bloke that called me a hacker before running off crying. I simply laughed it off and continued onwards. There was a bit of tall grass, too... and it didn't contain anything remarkable.
However, a Linoone made itself remarkable by the sheer energy it had. (...Is this the Linoone I fought earlier?), I wondered. But it was quickly apparent this was another one. The Master countered a blow from this beast, leaving it panting. ...This was a perfect time for a Poké Ball. After a strong throw, it seemed to nail the quarry down by itself. But then there were shakes. One... two... three... and it stopped. An easy catch, as he expected.
Following a normal route was a normal town. "Conture Town", the sign read. There was nothing much of note besides the standard center and mart. ...And little did the residents know, things were going to be heated in this tiny town. "The Cruelest" flashed on his little screen, signifying his next opponent. I had a feeling this was going to be a bit tougher than last round. And sure enough, he came after a bit of warming up. "You ready to fight?" I asked. "Yeah, let's get this started!" And so, another battle came to start, and the town (and the Linoone travelling with me) could hardly contain their excitement.

The first match was actually rather elementary, though still possible to mess up. The exploding clown came back to town to fight for me, though it had 100% less explosions. This was still fine, as it had great power, slamming nasty hits into both a Lileep and a Dragonair. A small Spearow was on my side, too, and with its hit and run move, down went the Lileep, the first of many fallen in this battle. A combination of a kicking bird and lasers coming from a specter ended this first game in my favor.
The second one was more my speed, and the one that really excited me... the town itself was already glued on the action, but I was still left wanting... thankfully, it wasn't a single match that decided rounds. A Seismitoad and a Feraligatr faced each other off, and as was tradition, one switched. The Cruelest guess wrong, however, and an Oddish fainted for his troubles. But the match was never over with just the first blow; and a Luvdisc came out to prove this. A mighty shake of the earth, and a Mega Audino went in, never to be seen again. ...Which is okay, because that's the fate of every Pokémon fighting in this tournament. And as I was set up to deal with its speed, it went back whence it came to be replaced with a frozen bear.
The dance continued for a while. as both parties became increasingly paralyzed, and then Luvdisc went for a kick (somehow)... and missed. After this, the toad and gator face each other once again, and my toad easily won that bout. The Luvdisc came for another cycle, missed another Fissure, and dodged the paralysis with another switch to Cubchoo. This time, I was ready. My Omanyte set up a shell trap, which in combination with a burning poke of doom, downed the snow cub.
The Luvdisc was starting to get cornered. I took down a Seel with a Weezing, which then got sucked into the same abyss the Audino did, and then the game was afoot. I sent out my last reserve, a Gotharita, which dodged another earth shake, and made a shockingly normal swirl in response. I went into my horrifically paralyzed Tangela, which did nothing to either the Deerling or the Luvdisc. 3 members down to the great beyond now... I couldn't afford another. After a few attacks, the Deerling tried to take one of my fighting fit members with it. I made this effort go in vain, the last Fissure missed, and I won this fight solidly and convincingly.
The town may not have been done with the battling here, but I was... it was time to move onwards to some place more exotic.

Last edited:

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Since all the round 3 are completed (bar one match granted an extension), we have decided to start round 4 early.

Round 4 pairings:
HSOWA vs SpunkJockey
(Odd Della Robbia vs Roginald) vs Rory Mercury
Official Fissure
vs TacticalFacepalms
Zephyr Dragon Lord vs VigilanteVigoroth
GaryAjax vs TheCoastsOfToast
ihasdisname vs Uta The Clown
London13 vs neycwang
Lucas2543
vs Betathunder

The end of Round 3 is Sunday, July 28th, at 11:59 PM GMT-5. As always, be sure to save your replays and post them with your win post. Let me or Wigglytuff know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)