NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is more like "we lynch a lurker, we have NO CLUE as to whether they'll flip town or not, and we have nothing to analyze if they do end up flip town because they straight up haven't posted"

Like, we can't do wagon analysis because if you asked everyone whether to vote DLE/Empoof/LW or not, they'd say yes. We can't do interaction analysis because they haven't posted.

But I do think that the gamestate has trended to a point where it might be necessary; just trying to talk things through from a strictly theory standpoint.
My issue with lynching a no-poster right now is that it's literally a coin flip, but I'm sure that I've explained this before.

D1 is the most critical day for interactions to happen, and I'd almost rather lynch town, but it be a huge fight with people committing to things all over the place, than it be an apathetic lurker lynch on scum. That's why I'm sort of okay with myself being pressured right now - people are committing to things and that's all very helpful when we reread.

It's easy to justify lynching a lurker, and easy to paint someone as scum for wanting to lynch a lurker, and hard to tell what any of the alignments are of the people in question, because it's all justified...sort of.

That said, we really can't progress from this gamestate without making sure the lurkers post, because 3/13s of the thread is just straight up Not Posting.
A few examples of good posts by proph for MoodyCloud .

Remind me when you made a good post again?

okay I'm not going to be making a catchup wallpost today from the looks of it so tl;dr summary :

The only scum pings I have noticed so far are from Proph, I didn't like Asek pushing Knights either when I think its completely fine keeping him around and see if he slips later when he no longer has the excuse of not having enough things to work with.

Proph saying he has a scum lean on me but would rather keep me around and see how the read evolves is completely fine
But then in the same post he ends up voting me and looking like he's scrambling to push a counterwagon

Like let's be honest Proph has posts where he looks like legitimately annoyed townie, he put in the effort to make that ridiculously long post too, but there's Hawkie's case making a lot of sense to me, as well as Proph going for me/Leet aka easiest non afk lynches to push at that point in time. This culminates in him openly shading me in #930. His tone read a lot like he's telling us what his thoughts processes are rather than showing them if that makes sense, and I can't even say i'm confident this is a scum tell as I've never seen him being scum before.

I initially intended to sheep Hawkie's convincing wagon and see what happens, but there really isn't any other non-afk player that I'd want to lynch over Proph right now, something like Proph>>>>Dle (??)>Asek>>Hitmonleet with most of the others giving me a lot of town vibes and the rest being afk. Not going to pretend this isn't at least 50% me sheeping Hawkie with no better option in sight but Proph's push onto Leet/me seemed really half hearted and shady. If I'm given a compelling case for another lynch fine by me, atm I don't think I'll be taking my vote off Proph after all.

OK I'm here for like the next hour or so, then I'll be pretty much confined to mobile for the rest of the day, so going to try and do as much as I can right now and then be intermittently checking the thread for the rest of day.

Boi
You're walking into literally the exact same scenario as in Animals. Look at my stuff as well, and not just Walrein being a shady idler.

You mentioned me in an earlier post, iirc, but I forgot to respond to it. Gonna see if I can find it and answer it.
????? I was ONLY looking at your posts when I talked about that. Where in that post did I talk about Walrein?

Hitmonleet said:
Ironically, I like these posts. I'm busy irl, but I still find time to contribute.
What in those posts make it more likely that they come from town!Hawkie than scum!Hawkie? Because.. pressuring someone over lack of activity is pretty easy to do as either alignment.

Hitmonleet said:
This was another, which got me to look at proph suspiciously for a while.
Why exactly were you finding me suspicious other than "i'm sheeping hawkie"?

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm just gonna tunnel the next idiot to go UR JUST OVERREACTING as if that's a reason to dismiss what I'm saying until they're dead so ppl stop saying stupid crap like that

Also the "this is the same trap as before" is like the easiest line to pull as scum to try and guilt people into not voting you. You play on paranoia of being wrong again and regret of mislynch ing before to get them to back off. Nty

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Btw Texas I think ur prophet lw connection is flawed

I got ez TRs off playing up how mad I was at walrein idling out of our hydra, if my teammate and a villager were both 0 posts I'd be madder at my teammate than the villa

okay I'm not going to be making a catchup wallpost today from the looks of it so tl;dr summary :

The only scum pings I have noticed so far are from Proph, I didn't like Asek pushing Knights either when I think its completely fine keeping him around and see if he slips later when he no longer has the excuse of not having enough things to work with.

Proph saying he has a scum lean on me but would rather keep me around and see how the read evolves is completely fine
But then in the same post he ends up voting me and looking like he's scrambling to push a counterwagon

Like let's be honest Proph has posts where he looks like legitimately annoyed townie, he put in the effort to make that ridiculously long post too, but there's Hawkie's case making a lot of sense to me, as well as Proph going for me/Leet aka easiest non afk lynches to push at that point in time. This culminates in him openly shading me in #930. His tone read a lot like he's telling us what his thoughts processes are rather than showing them if that makes sense, and I can't even say i'm confident this is a scum tell as I've never seen him being scum before.

I initially intended to sheep Hawkie's convincing wagon and see what happens, but there really isn't any other non-afk player that I'd want to lynch over Proph right now, something like Proph>>>>Dle (??)>Asek>>Hitmonleet with most of the others giving me a lot of town vibes and the rest being afk. Not going to pretend this isn't at least 50% me sheeping Hawkie with no better option in sight but Proph's push onto Leet/me seemed really half hearted and shady. If I'm given a compelling case for another lynch fine by me, atm I don't think I'll be taking my vote off Proph after all.
Why are you more interested in simply stating what your read on me is, rather than actually engaging with me to make sure if it's right or not?

I'm voting you because I believe that you are scum who is trying to push a mislynch on me. I feel like you're trying to spin what I'm trying to do in as coming from a scum mindset when I'm actually just trying to analyze my wagon, determine who the scum are on it, and then try to lynch that scum. I think the scum in that case is you.

And I'm not pushing Hitmonleet; I'm trying to work out what his alignment is at this very moment. Why do you think most of the active players are town? And more importantly, why are you so focused on being "given" a compelling case to lynch? If you're town, shouldn't you figure out who the scum are yourself and push their lynch, rather than half-heartedly wait for a lynch option to "pop up" and hope they flip scum? This mindset distinction is why I think you're scum - you're moreso focused on finding a good wagon to park on rather than actually trying to solve

Yeti - since you're here, can you talk about your read on me? Because you've kind of made it clear that you don't like some of my posts, yet you're pushing the Leet wagon. Do you think me and Hitmonleet are scum/scum? town/scum? what configuration?

i agree with this every time proph goes well i dont WANT to be mislynched but i also sort of do haha! i :blobnauseated:
im actually so confused how proph has that recollection of knights' lynch, dle and asek were the ones going HE'S OPEN WOLFING, LYNCH HIM and i was trying to cfd moody bc knights was defending me. the lynch was maj so ultimately both of us switched to GET a lynch off (and not onto our teammate) but like. what is in your peace pipe.
did u rly just go "lynch me and get proven wrong haha" like bruh it's d1, if ur town fight for it

not appealing
i don't really like this read either. you have MS as town but stuff in your conclusion feels angled to cast him as scum and you conclude with "well since i'm TRing everyone maybe MS is who i'm wrong on" like you're set up to SR him later.

like the quotes about MS and your thing that you're going for the town!MS theory or w/e could just as easily go the other way on him imo.

Confirming that you are the only wagon that seems like it might hit scum right now and that I am happy going with that with the rest of the playerlist being mostly divided between town leans and afks. You happen to be standing out to me in the middle of people with very towny tones.

I am 60% confident you will flip red and that is far more than anyone else in the game at the moment (ignoring afks who are literally coinflip lynches). I do not have the time and interest to ask you things regarding your thoughts processes and micro play when your macro screams sketchy to me and that is unfortunately about all I'll be in capacity to provide today.

OSHIT MOODY MADE A BIG POST

Will look over this later, but skim says I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)