NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see thoughts

- Yeti had the correct thing that in LYLO I should be lynched. The problem was that from the beginning I was aware of this and tried to avoid kills on people townread so that I had an excuse later in the game

-LW did manage to get the correct solution. But imo he explained it extremely poorly and was over aggressive as well as over defensive which resulted in people sort of shutting him out. I relied on this quite a bit too. I know from past experiences that moody (bless his soul) reacts fairly poorly when people beginning criticizing his play. When I saw the LW and Moody interaction and how LW was treating moody, I knew that he was pushing Moody in such a way that Moody would tunnel him and ignore what he was saying. Furthermore I knew that Epik had been afk enough from the thread to maybe miss that and KOC had me too pocketed.

But that did also give me another opportunity to be in LYLO. Because LW threw shade on me, I had another reason why I wasn't killed that night (aka, scum were trying to set up the mislynch on me) while that never really became relevant and I probably didn't need to kill KOC, that was basically that.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
yeah the dle/3p1k slot was the perfect example of town losing the game by an idler getting to lylo

2 of 3p1k's days subbing in were almost all "stuff later, busy rn" posts and dle did the slot no favors with the l-1 ms vote and general absence. i appreciate the effort 3p1k put into lylo but there's just no way anyone on the village can feel good about voting someone else over that slot :( unless you go FH should really never have been alive here, knights dying over him didn't make sense. moody :(

ty pblade for hosting and texas for getting this going, i think it's really sad how the invitational turned out. game 1 got bopped by poor closed setup a player had already played choice and game 2 too many people were not in it anymore. walrein/dle/empoof/lw all idling out for like 2 days straight before getting subbed was just terrible and not what i expect from any of those players, except walrein as scum so truly no excuse. at least lw picked back up. i enjoyed the game but i don't think it was a great game, too many people idled out and made it hard to ever trust their slots. leet was the only one who ever got out of the poe of those 3. glad the subs got a chance to play but i also wouldve really liked to see this game with the original players active from the start and no subs.
we dicked around too long on the reroll and the game crashed into a huge editing project followed by vacation. not sure what you want from me.

Thanks for the game, everyone.

GG to FH + scumteam for winning. FH, being in three lylos in three NOC games must be an exhilarating experience, and it's clear that you've learned from each one. You definitely took the lessons from Animal and applied it to this game :)

I'll try to leave most of the salt out of the main thread, but joining four games on Smogon and losing them all after coming pretty close in three out of those four tries is pretty painful/stings, especially when I'm naturally pretty competitive. Oh well, just have to reflect on what I could have done better, especially this game since I played pretty badly for the most part/was burned out from the last game + Animals.

Thanks guys for letting me play this game regardless despite not.. really being a part of this community.

Yeti

dark saturday
we dicked around too long on the reroll and the game crashed into a huge editing project followed by vacation. not sure what you want from me.
the original still would have been going when the reroll started

NO JOHNS

it just sucks that the reroll killed so much wim from ppl.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
tfw no one knows how to read iDLE

lw never should have been the f5 lynch that was atrocious

in what world does lw do asek dirty like that in his few wallposts. hardly anyone and especially not lw pushes a partner off something largely nebulous like "he feels different"

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I regret the idling, while it likely kept me alive it put me in a situation where people would always suspect me.

I wish I wasn't dead tired doing the iso(or that koc didn't give the guy I was pushing the hammer) because I was def onto something with fh slipping on the texas slip.

What I don't regret is the fact that moody's questions were extremely leading and despite answering them all honestly, they were perceived as scummy answers. Motives are always wifoms, asking for one then screaming wifom is stupid. I'd have been all over moody's ass if I hadn't been the one calm party who did a read instead of pouncing on one man's ass and ignoring everyone else leading to a horrid scramble. Also this is why the poe was stupid as fuck and allowed FH to coast hard and push his buddies because he knew he wins if the poe is followed.

Biggest shame is no one bringing up my asek and AG iso, not even epik who I cleared with it. Even ignoring my conclusions it was an encyclopedia of their interactions with everyone that shouldn't be ignored and had plenty of info to glean from how scum handled living players and each other. Just that should have been enough to solve, two scum dead with a mislynch left is not something scum should be able to win.

Yeti

dark saturday
Also this is why the poe was stupid as fuck and allowed FH to coast hard and push his buddies because he knew he wins if the poe is followed.
i mean i said FH was scum if he was alive at lylo in mason chat cause i knew that was a possibility, it was just impossible to not suspect the dle slot due to how little it had produced. like there was nothing to TR it on, but there was reason to TR former. i would have jettisoned the poe at lylo and hard looked into former if i was there.

my poe had 2 scum and 2 shady idlers who for most of the game had little reason to TR them. it would have been fine if MS hadn't been turbo lynched by town putting him at l-1 and l-0 and we had gotten asek that day instead :pikuh:

I felt like people read LW's wallposts as indicative of him being scum, when LW wallposts as either alignment and the real tell is how much he engages in the thread outside of his huge wallposts

In both the invitational games, LW was town and engaged plenty outside of his wallposts to defend his reads, in contrast to Matrix and the GoMC game he subbed into

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
FH my man I didn’t expect you to pull through with those messy nightkills but you did. Great job! Just need to work on better sniping and you’d be a top notch scum player. Congratulations! Cleaner win than animals!

I honestly thought town had a chance despite the horrendous D1 and D2s because of the asek/AG combo lynches but :[

Texas pls try to not slip next time

Cop me if you can’t read me; you know I’m a competent player (if you didn’t, now you do :blobglare:) yeti was locktown for me so masonizing her was not optimal anyway

Prophy don’t worry this is indeed sad but I hope you learned something! Like about how you react to pressure. FYI I didn’t think you performed poorly at all but it’s undeniable you learned something about yourself so I guess it’s good anyway

I’ve said all I had to say in dead thread so yeah congrats FH again and uh perhaps next time blob buddies trust

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i mean i said FH was scum if he was alive at lylo in mason chat cause i knew that was a possibility, it was just impossible to not suspect the dle slot due to how little it had produced. like there was nothing to TR it on, but there was reason to TR former. i would have jettisoned the poe at lylo and hard looked into former if i was there.

my poe had 2 scum and 2 shady idlers who for most of the game had little reason to TR them. it would have been fine if MS hadn't been turbo lynched by town putting him at l-1 and l-0 and we had gotten asek that day instead :pikuh:
I mean the poe didn't exist till ms died though :p

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I read the scum discord chat and it was really really good fun, the thing I want to highlight is how asek caught yeti+ moody mason team pretty early which was impressive but didn’t follow up on moody later... RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)