The Mega Lotad's Art Thread

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Your relation to your shading to your awesome poses is fantastic. I love the flair of the items in the 9 year piece

Back in the happenings of 5th gen, I made this "Arena Trap" styled illustration. Featuring a classix combo of Trapper Dugtrio vs. the ever-so popular drizzler Politoed, back when weather trapping was a thing.

Here is a raw sketch I had of the illustration. (I kinda like this version the best).
Arena-Trap-RAW-plus-QUICK-FINAL.png

And here is the final illustration.

Arena-Trap-CLIPPED-FINAL.png

Oh, and in regards to organization, once I have a decent amount (about 20) illustrations I will begin organizing the thread for better navigation between old/new/most dynamic artwork to make things easier for you guys to find stuff. But until then, keep checkin' up for more fun!

I think it's time for more updates!

First up I've got the "Sableye Used Shadow Claw!" design I did a while back. The design was initially supposed to be for a T-Shirt, but it can work as a regular print or whatnot:

shadow claw T v2.png

This next one I did for a prospected Pokemon of the Week design. It's our favorite Luchador Bird Pokemon, Hawlucha:

hawmucha-lucha-CLIPPED-FINAL.png

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really like his relaxed pose, although the alternate masks under the chair feels like a reference that blew by my head completely. You may also consider cleaning up the lineart before moving on to coloring and shading, but at the same time, I don't know how urgently they needed that pic. Still, looking sharp!

Hey thanks Bummer, I really appreciate your feedback. I know there's certain aspects of my style where sketch is applied in the background, but for the primary lineart it does need to be worked on much more. I really do appreciate the feedback, it helps!

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey thanks Bummer, I really appreciate your feedback. I know there's certain aspects of my style where sketch is applied in the background, but for the primary lineart it does need to be worked on much more. I really do appreciate the feedback, it helps!
Damn, these are amazing!
Would you mind posting the Manaphy one mentioned here? It's mentioned, but the article, for whatever reason doesn't have it in it.

Hey diggidy dogs, it's been a while. Anywho I've got some more/mucho drawings to post up tonight! It's been a WHILE I APPOLOGIZE. I do have a lot of neat stuffs I've been doing for smogon and the such.

Here we go!:

Sorry for not getting back to you finncent1 about the Manaphy, but here it is now! This was one of several PotW designs I did for the OU forums weekly posts. I based the color scheme off of a pirate's map. All sepia and what not. It's Manaphy in possibly it's cutest look on the internet. It's adorable.
manaphy-sea-thing-CLIPPED-FINAL.png

Next, we've got the Kyurem-Black illustration. I belieeeeve this was the first OU forums requested illustration by me. It was fun. Obviously this big guy had a lot going on for him. I enjoyed how I did his colors. Again, I've got that sketchwork going around him. Most of my illustrations reveal some of the raw linework beneath the illustrations. I used this technique in my BFA Project class for my final portfolio to illustrate a graphic novel I made for my final class.

kyurem-black-attack-CLIPPED-final.png

I unleashed this next illustration for April Fool's. It's DonPHUN the elephant SEE HIM BLOW. ...

donhpan joke.png

I figured I'd post these two together, considering they're... the same Pokemon essentially.

First up is my Rotom-Wash design for our up-coming tumblr page. Surprise surprise, Rotom-W is in the Top 10 overused tier of Pokemon in the VGC Battlespot. While it's not trying to be torn in half by Diggersby everywhere, it's out there in battle just killing everyone with soapy water and fabric softener:

rotom-wash-tumblr-CLIPPED-FINAL.png

And here we have the most recent PotW for the OU forums (04/13/14), which was Rotom-Heat. As you can see, Rotom-H is in it's natural environment just chillin' in the sky. Blowing up stuff:

rotom the destroyer CLIPPED.png

Wait! - - - THERE'S MORE:

Here is the most recent PotW designs I made for the facebook page a few weeks back. It's Mega Pinsir, yet another terror in the sky. Every time this thing uses Swords Dance I just buy myself a tub of ice cream, mid-battle, eat the whole thing and then cry myself to sleep. It's scary.

mega pinsir aerialate CLIPPED v1.png

And then there's this one. I actually completed this little piece... last night I believe. It's a shiny Greninja just chillin in his throne. I can't wait to use this guy in Smash. He's gonna be the bomb, dog:

FROGUE PRINCE.png

HEY GUYS SORRY IT'S BEEN A WHILE.

I've been in an art-funk recently with having just moved, getting a new job over the summer, personal stuff, etc. I'm also working on a new comic, coming this winter! ANYWAYS, I'm back for the moment. I've got a few new drawings/sketches/hoo-ha to add to this nifty collection. I'm hoping to get around to doing a few more Smog-ish drawings when possible, but for now, here's what you guys' missed:

First up, three particular designs which I handed out as stickers at Otakon this year. The later of the stickers, the Altaria, was not handed out. However, the three together will be handed out at Katsucon this coming winter.

mega swamp real.png
mega scept real.png
mega altaria_1.png

Next, probably my favorite Pokemon of the Week drawing, my "Game of Thronedge" design. It's fairly obvious where I pulled this idea out of. I also love Wikstrom. And the sword Pokemon. And their combo. I was happy.

game of thronedge.png

My next one is one of the most visually appealing illustrations I've done. I like sky things a lot. this was a nice sky-horizon-y view and I was happy with how calm it felt. I wanted to take a break from the WOW I'M A POKERMAN LOOK AT ME ATTACKS kinda illustrations... for a bit. But this was nice.

dragonites policy CLIPPED.png

Wowzers. Can't believe it's been since September since my last update. Anywho, I'll slowly post from time to time, especially like tonight. I've got something, one of my most recent works. This was a really rad sticker I handed out at Katsucon, and I'm hoping I can assemble a shirt or something together and put it on redbubble.

Anyways, I absolutely love this Pokemon:

hoopa-unbound-main-image.png

Here I am again, bringing you the latest news and stuff! I actually forgot to post my Diggersby illustration, so I figure I'll link that one. I've also got my Mega Metagross one from a ways back, so here they are:

DIGGERSBY-THO-FOR-REAL-final-image.png
MEGA-METAGROSS-USED-METEOR-MASH-FINAL-CLIPPED-FINAL-FINAL-YO.png

In addition to this, I'll be throwing in my most recent portfolio. Alas, there are no Pokemon illustrations. In an attempt to snag a title that's a bit more tucked away in the world of animation, storyboarding, and the such, I'm assembling a growing, live portfolio of original works. Some things here and there may relate to my love of Pokemon, video games, anime, whatever, but aside from that I'm stuck on my own concepts.

So, enough said, here's where my main hubub is taking place.

As I said, I'll post some things from time to time here that I think fit the tone of my style, but it won't be too much Pokeymon.

If anything, it would be super-awesome-amazing if you could pass the word around of my works, or even better to follow my own blog here and tell others to do the same.

Thanks guys!

It is time to "raise the roof," for here I am, again, with an update.

One of my favorite Mega evolutions. It's fantastic that they buffed this bird. Sure, Talonfloop is still the reigning champion of the great battling realms, but Mega Pidgeot is... great. Really great Pokemon with an awesome ability and just the right moves, imo.

mega_pidgeot_gold_colors.png

Ah, another bird. The original fire chicken, to be quite honest. A design for a potential PotW for the facebook page. Moltres is neat. It would be even neater with a mega evolution, and perhaps if it stole Charizard Y's drought ability as well. The tail is probably one of my favorite things I've done in a while.

moltres.png

Aside from these birds, I'm working on a little something else too based around some poison type Pokeys. I'm HOPING TO HAVE IT DONE SOON.

Thanks!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
aww hell must've missed this post. Swampert is looking brawly as ever and the angle is great since you get the impression it's coming right at you. Mega Scept also made good use of its limited spacing and overall just looking ready to strike, so I hope you got to sell some stickers!

Ah, another bird. The original fire chicken, to be quite honest. A design for a potential PotW for the facebook page. Moltres is neat. It would be even neater with a mega evolution, and perhaps if it stole Charizard Y's drought ability as well. The tail is probably one of my favorite things I've done in a while.

View attachment 41546
One concern I have with this pic is how the flames aren't connected to its wings and body. It's clearly a decision you made, but it does seem weird as its wings now seems more like yellow whips followed around by walls of flames. Its left wing is also significantly longer than its right one, so consider shortening it, if possible. You have an affinity for whimsical and loose images, and for the most part they make for a refreshing theme in your work, but I personally believe you went a bit too far in this pic. But it's stil a cool pic and you deserve thanks for stepping up to the task of illustrating that analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)