The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I first started playing I didn't know how to save, so I kept my game on for weeks on its charger. At some point I almost beat the game, but one morning I left for school and forgot to plug the game back in.
I lost everything. Even my shiny Wurmple
Honestly I probably did that when I first started as well, but I didn't lose anything as precious as a shiny Wurmple :( I think my most facepalm-worthy moment was when I used a master ball on an Absol.

Honestly I probably did that when I first started as well, but I didn't lose anything as precious as a shiny Wurmple :( I think my most facepalm-worthy moment was when I used a master ball on an Absol.
Hey, Absol isn't too bad a Pokémon to use your Master Ball on. If I remember correctly, it's got a much lower catch rate than most other Pokémon, something like 30.

I was lucky enough to get one in my Emerald Nuzlocke, and it was that Pokémon that set up the Perish Song on Wallace's Milotic! In Pokémon OR/AS the first Absol I found was holding a Life Orb too! I guess for me, they're pretty lucky! :D

Sidney's Absol totally didn't kill my Sceptile with an Aerial Ace in my Emerald Nuzlocke . . . D:

Last edited:
In Pokemon Yellow version, I used my master ball on a Growlithe so I could trade it to an NPC. I was probably around 7 years old at the time.

Ran from a Dratini in X because it was male, I wanted female. Nuff' said.
Well that's not so bad considering it's terrible in-game and for more competitive purposes you'd be wanting to search for a Marvel Scale Dragonair in a Dragon type Friend Safari... (becomes Multiscale when it evolves into Dragonite) Granted, the reason is pretty facepalm worthy.

I completely forgot that Binacle exists. I forgot it so hard that I thought I had never seen it ever in my life (according to my Pokédex in Y, I've seen at least one before today, a year and a half after the release of X and Y) I swore that it's even uglier evolved form, Barbaracle, was a Pokémon without evolutionary relatives, like Snorlax or Farfetch'd. Hell, to be honest, I often forget Barbaracle, but I at least remember it when I see it.
I think I just found your next facepalm moment lol

I completely forgot that Binacle exists. I forgot it so hard that I thought I had never seen it ever in my life (according to my Pokédex in Y, I've seen at least one before today, a year and a half after the release of X and Y) I swore that it's even uglier evolved form, Barbaracle, was a Pokémon without evolutionary relatives, like Snorlax or Farfetch'd. Hell, to be honest, I often forget Barbaracle, but I at least remember it when I see it.
I think I just found your next facepalm moment lol

O.O
I feel incredibly stupid since I do know Munchlax. I know why I forgot it. One, it is a Gen IV baby of a Gen I Pokémon. I still can't help but use my old Gen I knowledge on this. Two, it is completely optional, a fact I took advantage of when I bred my Snorlax about a month or two ago.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
O.O
I feel incredibly stupid since I do know Munchlax. I know why I forgot it. One, it is a Gen IV baby of a Gen I Pokémon. I still can't help but use my old Gen I knowledge on this. Two, it is completely optional, a fact I took advantage of when I bred my Snorlax about a month or two ago.
If it makes you feel better, I got Pearl the day it came out in the U.S., and didn't even know Happiny existed until late 2008..

In fact, I can think of a few facepalm-worthy moments from D/P. The most notable one being me spending several days looking for a Gible in Wayward Cave, only to find out later that I was on the wrong floor. Hiding the basement entrance under cycling road was a dick move on Game Freak's behalf.

If it makes you feel better, I got Pearl the day it came out in the U.S., and didn't even know Happiny existed until late 2008..

In fact, I can think of a few facepalm-worthy moments from D/P. The most notable one being me spending several days looking for a Gible in Wayward Cave, only to find out later that I was on the wrong floor. Hiding the basement entrance under cycling road was a dick move on Game Freak's behalf.
Ooh, yeah! I absolutely hated that! I never even knew it was there until I bought the guide! Not cool GameFreak, not cool!

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
I spent over a month catching Pokemon in special balls on my Soul Silver game, including many Swarm and Safari Pokemon. When I had about 2 boxes full of those rare breedables, I was ready to transfer them over to Black2.
That's when I noticed my versions weren't compatible due to having different languages.. x_x

I was playing Pokemon X after I already beat Pokemon Y so I was fairly used to the new mechanics already. I was leveling up my Pokemon on my team at that point and I had my Charmeleon out battling a trainer with a Ralts (I had to look it up because I knew WHERE it was happening but not who it was). I was trying to go for quick KOs with my Charmeleon's Dragon Rage. I wasn't paying attention to the first time I used it on the Ralts and it wasn't affecting it so I thought it missed. I then used it again and saw the message but thought it missed again. Finally after a third time I used it and being nearly KO'd myself by the Ralts I finally realized that Dragon Rage was a Dragon attack and didn't affect Fairy typed Pokemon so I switched to Flame Burst.

The Ralts line really is confusing... I was always thinking that it's Grass/Physic or Grass/Fairy and I end up spamming all my Fire types at them in my early days.

When nuzlocking ORAS, I lost my Makuhita because I Fake Outed a Zubat. They always have Inner Focus when they don't have HA. It Wing Attacked my Makuhita, named PunchingBag. I was so sad...

btw, just hit 250 posts :)

I keep doing stupid things. So a couple of days ago, I went through the surprisingly annoying task of getting a Cloud Nine Swablu so I could breed a Mega Altaria. So I start breeding only to remember said Cloud Nine Swablu, instead using an Altaria I traded over to get Altarinite. I had to reset my game since I wasted the Hyper Voice on my Chatot and it was easier to reset. I started looking in my boxes for the Swablu, but I couldn't find it, even by searching for Cloud Nine. I checked my copy of Y and I still couldn't find it. I then checked Pokémon Bank and there it was. I accidentally sent it there alongside a bunch of Snorlax like an idiot.

This was a while ago I originally started on Red but this was when I first got Gold, I got stuck in the first cave, since I kept haveing a blank spot as to the exit. I was there long enough to hatch the Togepi egg and for it to evolve into togetic. What makes it truly facepalm worthy is I found the exit and then went back in to do some training and somehow forgot how to exit it from only the south side.

Oh yes, masterball fails... I was fishing in X and I thought "Hey, I wonder if the game won't let me use the Master Ball for any old Pokemon." so I threw it at a Poliwhirl... yeah. I managed to restart though and I recovered it, but that was still such a fail on my part.

Oh yes, masterball fails... I was fishing in X and I thought "Hey, I wonder if the game won't let me use the Master Ball for any old Pokemon." so I threw it at a Poliwhirl... yeah. I managed to restart though and I recovered it, but that was still such a fail on my part.
Well at least you still recovered yours. Stupid really young me saved the game after catching that Gastly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)